Map Thread

Old one hit the image limit. Post world maps, combat grids, floor plans, city maps, map making techniques, works in progress, etc.

Continuing from

Other urls found in this thread:

gitzmansgallery.com/warhammer-maps.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dJJQgma4OLs
youtube.com/watch?v=NBRFgRUXf_M
youtube.com/watch?v=FM2-Z2WOIl4
watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
fav.me/dbivmpd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last one I have, enjoy sweeties.

Thanks for the image dump!

Get a load of this beauty.

Fucking saved. I had no idea Warhammer had such nice maps.

There are a couple more, not quite as pretty though.

I'm looking for more really-big-town-but-not-quite-city maps. Pic related

>gitzmansgallery.com/warhammer-maps.html
The last one I was gonna post is an extremely high res map of the Empire but it was too big to post. I got all of my Warhammer maps from this site. Most of them are very nice.

There should be a few at the end of the previous thread.

I finally added some political borders to my Not-Europe map. I also rearranged the natural geography and added more cities and provinces.

And here it is without borders.

Isn't that the map from warhammer?

No. The Old World of warhammer doesn't have a properly sized Mediterranean analogue, and there's mountain ranges separating the Empire/Germany and Bretonnia/France

L5R GM should check out atlas of Rokugan, it has maps for every main Shiro

those names are hilarious.

Does anyone know of a good program to create deckplans in for scifi ships?

Does anyone have a copy of the Tegel Manor? I've been trying to find one that's good resolution and is large enough to make out the words on it, I want to use it in an Innistrad campaign I've been brewing up

In return, have a map of a setting inspired somewhat by Egypt and the River Nile, the creator of this particular map said that he took the idea of the River Nile area and the fact that its a small area of livable land in an otherwise harsh environment, and put the same idea to use in a colder environment.

And there I go forgettign the image >.>

THank you very very much!! I plan on modifying and using a lot of these!!

Gorgeous... This must be fan made though... anymore of these?

Graveyard

Here's a question. For people who make world maps, do you hand-draw all of your map tiles or markers, or do you get them from online resources?

Ultima VII

I lack the creative skill to draw much of anything. Any map I map, I use online tools like Dungeon Painter

A shitty Minecraft server I used to play on.

Loved the world though.

From the Midnight setting. Speaking of which, off topic, but does anyone know of any links to pdf's of teh Midnight D20 rpg books?

I posted a couple of high res city maps below the Merienburg one but as far as I know that's the only one that looks so nice.

I just assumed it was either a German translation or whatever GW passes off as German in WHF.

Banner Saga tabletop game WHEN?

what's convince me to try it since I'm bored anyway.

What did he mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=dJJQgma4OLs

If you like maps it has a great map.

If you like 1970s Disney hand-drawn animation, the whole game looks like that.

If you like mysterious post-apocalyptic survival games, it's the Final Fantasy Tactics version of that. Whereas Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was the action-RPG version of that.
youtube.com/watch?v=NBRFgRUXf_M

If you like Vikings, and Viking accessories, it has all that.

It also has good music.
youtube.com/watch?v=FM2-Z2WOIl4

>The sun has stopped. For several days, it has hung motionless in the sky. One more thing that has gone wrong with the world since the gods died.
>Man and Varl, bereft of enemies and unable to bear children, fight one another like dogs over bones. More and more, civilization frays as the great banners of town and city weave a tale of the world's ending.
>Then, in the midst of the unending day, the dredge return. Living gargoyles of stone and sorcery, they erupt through the earth, plunging out of the ice and snow in which they were banished and moving south in an unending tide. Your party's home village is attacked by their foraging parties, and you flee in search of safety. But there is none to be had. The great cities turn into prisons, where the weak starve and the strong kill just to stay alive. The roads are the haven of dangers human and not. And the great Varl embrace their end in despair, hurling their dying race at the dredge, as if hoping their spite will survive when all their kind are dead.
>The ancient godstones dwindle and crumble, less ruins than corpses. Omens appear randomly, without meaning. The prophecies of the end of the world go unfulfilled, and primordial evils awaken to find that their legends have become meaningless. The world is broken, for the gods are dead.

Just use INkarnate.

Fuck no, that piece of shit software sucks. Would rather use Hexographer than that tiny trash.

>Literally using the ugliest map-making software
Retrograde.

Why does it have practically zero fucking content, after THIS long?

I made this out of a random city generator and I think it came out fine.

Literally cant remember the name of the generator though, its lost in time.

3 options spring to mind:

1. They had a fallout with the artist and so they took out all the old brushes and textures because they're owned by the artist. Which is unlikely.
2. The artist decided they had a new artstyle they wanted to try out, and in order to lessen the load on the 1 Amazon server they're probably running everything off of, they took off the old paintbrush set.

3. They're doing Inkarnate as a weekend/nights-only thing and most of their time is spent programming a Roll20 competitor because Inkarnate is meant to be that in the end. They've been very open about hoping to eventually get past geographic maps and into battle/tactical maps, and they'll want chat and shit.

Looks like this one:
watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator

I love this tool. It's enough to make any starting session feel more alive just because there's a nice (yet vague) map of the town or city the players are in.

Oh yeah thats it, shame they removed the hills/mountains but hey, still good.

This one's legit.

I'm pretty sure on the grid built towns of america its pretty easy to get pentagrams, hexagons and all kinds of bullshit.

very very nice..

WIP for... something, idk

WIP test for making a map in the Game of Thrones Intro style

lose the drop shadow

The Chad Forger of Worlds

Those aren't drop shadows. They're extruded 3d shapes.

This is the png made in Illustrator.

I do need to increase the sun size and increase the bounce depth so the shadows aren't so harsh.

That is really cool. Very well done.

Thanks, I was going to run a dieselpunk pulp adventure but the group never materialized.

I've had similar issues. Spent tons of time making maps and never really got a chance to play a solid campaign using them.

Just keep world-building, it'll pay off eventually.

Looks amazing, how did you get the textures so nice?

Just time.

It's all in photoshop. The geography is made from actual height-maps extruded with the 3d lighting filter.

Forests are done with a stipple brush.

The actual size of the document is something like 40k x 30k so it looks pretty good even a higher resolutions. Though it's a huge pain to actually work with.

Working on what was supposed to be a joke map, 90 Gorillion hours in ms paint and the earth map I started with is like this so far.

Can you show exactly how you got the heightmaps and colored the land/ocean?
I'm interested in copying your technique.
Even just a screenshot of your layers panels.

What is the setting like behind this? I love mixing history and mythology and would enjoy hearing what your world is like.

>Bolska

Were they even trying?

I saw another one with a bunch of Outback Steakhouses in the Boston area forming like five separate pentagrams.

A gonzo science fantasy planet inhabited by these races: fav.me/dbivmpd

Ok I have to know where this is from.

Some guy on Reddit I believe.

Technically a map?

Is that Not-Sweden in Not-Inkarnate?

I don't believe so. I think those are from a Photoshop brush set.

This is Not!Sweden.