The bad guy wins

what now

New good guys rise to challenge him assuming the old good guys died. this is of course also assuming he hasn't destroyed the world or something trite like that. The thing about bad guys is that they tend to make enemies.

Everyone goes back to sleep.

the Settings morality becomes default evil and the goodguys are now the people hiding in caves trying to summon gods of good.

We kill him.

We congratulate him on a hard-fought victory, train really hard, and try to win at next year's tournament.

Make the bad guy the protagonist

>weird Hero/Villain Tournament where if you win, you're allowed to legally get away with whatever you want for a year until the next tournament, until you lose and have to suffer the consequence

Stealing this.

by all means.

women are allowed to vote

Her word becomes law

And your campaign becomes shit

History is written by the victors. The good guys are demonized until they are called the most evil people of all time. Children are taught to punch anyone that disagrees.

One of these
> The setting changes into a crapsack world.
> The setting becomes a distopia where the villain's allies and their friends live well, the rest are screwed.
> A major city is destroyed, the leader of a country is dead, economical collapse, the bad guy and his army do robbing, looting, and raping, then retreat to a huge fortress in the middle of a small new country they now rule as evil tyrants
> hell is unleashed on Earth, the bad guy ironically dies, but that doesn't improve the situation
> hell is unleashed on Earth, the bad guy is its king now
> leader of the country is dead, the evil guy becomes king of an evil empire, the good country becoming a poor agricultural region on its outskirts
> an entire race or a few of them is almost erased from the world because the evil guy is racist, those who remain hide in distant isolated regions.

Time to make a band of misfits with the goal of stealing the riches of the rich and giving them to the poor!

Attend gay funerals

We go back in the box until next Saturday.

This is how it was for my Skaven.

If I ever won

>In my PTU games
There plot ticks over in the background. Fucking over the weak and poor while the rest of the world just carries on as normal
The rival reaches the top instead of the pc's

>D6 open
They get brought back for a fee and their premiums go up
Someone else completes the mission and gets the glory
Some peasants die while waiting around for heros to save the day
>Skyship pirates
The Ghost Pirate marries the governors daughter and cements his place in charge.
The crew go back to fishing for p-o-8 fish and never go back to skull island
The zombie cabin boy loses in mind in despair and gos feral
>Merp
I guess middle earth falls? Im not sure what the one ring party are doing in the story so it could be still be okey. Unless the bad guy beats them too. Then MEF

>Urban city Smack down
Urban city isnt cleaned up in time for the state visit and the badguy keeps the goodguys girl.
Setting turns into 2000 AD
But really, the whole system is built on getting back up again no matter how hard you are put down. The bad guys should never really win.

I guess alot of my games are more personal stakes then global stakes. Like not going back to Skull Island is a massive fucking deal

Oh you poor ratboy, I know how you feel, Im shit at warhammer too

Or you could say that the goodguys always win in the end!
They keep going to the light exceeds the darkness!

If win you mean highlander style? If so, you would have to bet on chaos creating order.
Otherwise what do you mean?

Sauce on the image?

We start a band.

It turns out he comes back periodically to destroy a little and then go back to sleep, so everything is fine.

Don't be silly, bad guys can't win, if he wins he must have been the good guy.

that style looks like requiem chevalier vampire

Yep, that's Requiem: Vampire Knight.

Our previous D&D 5E campaign ended in Bane taking over most of the Material Plane, as we couldn't stop the ritual of summoning as we were busy saving the world from invading eldritch horrors.

20 years later in the same world, our current campaign kicks off. Bane's rule is absolute, only churches allied to him are tolerated, and all would-be adventurers are hired by Bane's church, sent on missions too dangerous to waste servants of the faith on. A resistance movement lead by the churches of the Triad is working underground in cities and on the fringes of civilization, hoping to find a way to topple Bane's rule one day.

Bane has been absent from the public eye for some time now, and there are rumors that the elven Emperor who summoned Bane to gain ancient lands has been granted even more power to rule over Bane's realm. Meanwhile the Heroes of Daggerfall the former party are laying their own plots in their exile on Plane of Water, waiting for an opportune moment to strike one last time against the Black Hand as the wild mage was bound to the pact made by the good gods to not interfere upon the material plane anymore due to the chaos he caused during his adventuring career.

The party dies.

will Bane try to crash plane of water with no survivors?

The planet cracks open unleashing endless hordes of demons, the gods wither and die, and the father of all dragons eats the sun.

Don't let the bad guys win.

Thanks folks

Anyone remember the name of this rpg where there's some kind of planar glitch and the good gods are locked out of the plane, so the evil gods go on a rampage and pretty much destroy everything? The elves go into hiding and the dwarves seal their caves. Adventures take place in the surface with players acting as messengers and travelling from one hidden community to the next trying to avoid danger. I think it was called Night something?

I imagine the PCs would then retire with their newfound wealth and power.

I've had one of these, and it wasn't fun. The DM ran the next campaign about twenty years later, and we were a new group of heroes fighting the Dark Lord. The reanimated corpses of the PCs were now his greatest champions.

Also, his son - basically a young SS officer - was born of rape. He'd raped a PC's love interest repeatedly, until she'd borne him a son. When we actually met the woman, she was wheelchair-bound from the trauma and had mentally regressed.

I mean, what the fuck, GM.

Premise was good, the rape is utter bullshit.

Yeah, that was like a special little 'fuck you' for that particular player.

>the badguy is actually a bad guy
>players are repelled
What the fuck? I'll never understand this mindset. Do you just want the bad guys to be good guys with totally sweet Darkeā„¢ gothy outfits?

Wait 4 years for the next election.

Nothing wrong with villains being villains, fuck I run WoD, but raping a PC's love interest until she;s a wheelchair bound vegetable is full on edgy for the sake of edgy if not done well. You do that shit in a campaign where the players are okay with it form the get go.

Mein Neger.

It means everything worked out pretty okay.

Basically any story in which a rebellion occurs.

>Or you could say that the goodguys always win in the end!

Good guys never win because those without morals will always have more choice. A good guy will try to save a town and fight the enemy, a bad guy will just wipe out the whole town without worrying about it. Good guys can't make those sorts of winning calls.

Which is why the world is as it is. The US likes to pretend it's the "good guy", but that's just propaganda. They're all bad guys fighting amongst themselves, because the good guys can't compete.

>the good guys can't compete
too true

Yay I win!

He remakes the universe so that the concept of Good as we know it doesn't exist. Instead, people are naturally inclined to Evil (as we know it), and view that as the proper state of the world. Nobody is aware there is any sort of problem with the resulting societies.

And communism finally works.

Age of Sigmar.
Realizing what he's done, the villain commits Sudoku rather than face relaunch

But history has been written by the democratic party ever since trump won. They lost, but they're controlling the narrative.

So wouldn't it be more apt to say that history is written by cucks controlling the media of the time?

>Not getting Torm and getting wicked chivalrous

I guess the Japanese vampire Yakuza gets rich, I guess.

They haven't lost yet.

They did for 4 years at least barring impeachment.

But they kind of have the normie propaganda machine under their control. Which is bad for everyone not wanting biased news, but that's a pipedream.

They'll have lost when they start going to jail. Anything less is just a temporary setback.

Jails not a permanent solution.

Gulag is. Most of the rich white kids and old politicians would die in two weeks

shut up you two

One of several things:

>See pic related.

The bad guy actually has a point and is competent. The world he creates is evil but might be better than the alternative.

>the evil dude/group enriches themselves and fuck offs

They steal what they want and fuck off leaving a huge pile off shit and chaos. The good guys have to start rebuilding but the threat of the bad guys returning always looms.

>evil empire/dystopia

The standard scenario. Everything is shit. Evil upper class enrich themselves...

Lirum, larum etc.

If you are listening to this, you are the Resistance.

>Good guys never win because those without morals will always have more choice

No, they don't - almost by definition, in fact, especially over time. Bad guys are the defectors in a prisoners dilemma, so they can never do better than draw vs good, and usually lose.

Which is why the first world is as it is. Good people, neutral people, and LE people cooperate; and CE people get shoved in prisons, ghettos, or trailer parks.

It's so unbalanced, you have to go to a place with -2 int Africa for CE to have a fighting chance.

What usually happens is that the LE people cooperate with each other to screw the good and neutral people.

My long held belief is that LE creates the best societies.

>Nazis and Commies

In my book they were Lawful good according to their morals.

Yeah, but that doesn't persist very well. LE can conquer a country, it can even run it; but it can't build new stuff well, and it cracks in novel and risky scenarios.

For example, the proverbial America wild west had lower crime than the modern city. When your skin is in the game, LE sociopaths exploiting "letter of the law" interpretations are brutally murdered by NG and TN people who focus on the spirit of the law.

Wait for the next presidential election.

My nigga
Fuck off

>No, they don't

Yes, they do.

Sounds like an interesting way to start the adventure.

whoms'tve remember thinking the Toa had won and everything was fine at last but suddenly a sinister laughter was heard in the Colisseum coming from everywhere at once

Describe the campaign, the GM, the characters (PC's, villain, love interest) and your reactions to that if you don't mind.

So my character won. Sweet.

Hurrah my evil brother!

It depends on who the bad guy is, what he did, and the full context of the story and setting.

I remember my nerdy 14-year-old self freaking the fuck out as I read the comic
great times

kek

>current year
>Mark Millar still hasn't choked to death on his own vomit
Nothing has worked out okay.

ncase.me/trust/

A few decades of of drinking, brawling, and carousing on a continental scale is what happens.

This is an actual school of thought during the romantic era, in which several philosophers argued that Christian rulers were ineffectual because of the standards they held and those with less moral rigidity accomplished more in their lifetimes.

It's the idea that the virtues that we hold dear are counter-intuitive to success. Prasing the meek and shunning the strong is the very opposite values to accomplish your goals, even if they prevent cruelty.

It states that we should learn from evil, rather than shun it, so we may be more successful in spreading good. Think of black and white hats.

Everyone hates utilitarianism until they actually have to successfully practice moral law in the actual outside world.

Fun fact: Most counter-cooperative/ "evil" people get fucked HARD.

That good guy fights to save a town. Of course, win or lose that's remembered as a heroic deed. This wins him support and resources Mr. Evil that would burn a village down will never have access to and means that when "good guy" with far more support and resources kills the "bad guy" he just gets more renown and respect for it.

>All the political shit.

Talking about 'good' or 'evil' for sovereign states is absurdly reductive and indicative a person is an idiot.

The world snake dies, the world is never eaten and will never start again. Things are fine for a few thousand years but then things start to go to the crapper as disease and undead spread like wildfire.

Midnight, by Fantasy Flight Games back in the day. It was damn good, but it felt too dark and edgy at times. For example, orcs would prostitute halfings specifically because of their small holes.

Well that's now the only thing I know about it. It sounds like something between a parody/hentai plot and MAXIMUM EDGE-LORD.

It began as Lord of the Rings if Sauron won, and like I said, a lot of it was damn good. The world was shutoff from the higher planes, so anyone who dies becomes a zombie, so society had to adapt funerary rites and the like. All weapons and armor are strictly controlled by the evil god Izrador's army of orcs and collaborators, all magic was slowly dying away because the god of magic was gone, but despite all this, player characters possessed the souls of ancient heroes and used them to take back the night in the name of the resistance.

But the writers were pretty fucking autistic at times. There was a replacement monk class that was styled as a Western farm hand gone vigilante because the writers hate Asian influence, there's lots of talk of villages being wiped out all the time despite the writers' calculations of the world's remaining population not supporting those numbers, and the fact that the game made it so CoDzilla was available only to the bad guys, and even PC wizards were barred from casting Meteor Swarm more than once, because this was a blatantly more dangerous version of 3.5.

There was also a directly to DVD movie, which sucked, and caused Fantasty Flight to forever distrust those Asian-hating writers.

All existence ends, that which was never was and that which will be never is.

It's okay, the heroes have legalised gay marriage.

Is that the one with the half dwarf half Orc race?

the bad guy ttries to solidify his power by eliminating those who would be a threat to him, usig excuses kills or imprisonos most soldiers who served in the wars that brought him to the top, because soldiers without a cause would cause trouble, become mercenary and breed wars, which is a threat to his rule.
Establishing laws that prevent violence as a way to prevent powerful people and groups from emerging who could threaten him, tries to bring about economic prosperity so that people would not want to revolt against him, while also enforcing brutal systems against people who violate his rules, even just dare to speak against him or just cause trouble.

See, we were a group of adventurers out to stop a villain from basically receiving the blessing of Asmodeus and crowning himself god-king. The twist was that the villain here was an evil adventurer, and he had his own evil party with him. (So both sides are sort of mirrored.)

Basically the final battle happened on the day of his coronation. The GM warned us that he would pull no punches, but we couldn't agree on what to do. Ultimately, we decided to '9/11 it' i.e. crash an airship, jump out and start fighting people.

This absolutely did not work. It turned out that the city's gryphon knights attacked us when the airship deviated, and the bad guys were alerted. At this point, I wanted to run away, but the other PCs were like "Look, we've already done this, let's just go balls-deep."

So we ended up fighting most of the city guard, the villain's party, and his summoned devils. We just got overwhelmed, and were ultimately curbstomped. The entire team died horribly, and by the time we decided to run, we couldn't get away.

Anyway, in the next campaign, we're the resistance. We know that the bad guys are mostly lead by the villain's son, but we don't know who the mother is. We do know he's around this impossibly traumatized woman in a wheelchair, but it's only when we finally sneak in to find her that she tremulously calls PC1's name, and talks to him as if he's still there.

The player was pissed, and we were like "Oh shit" when we connected the dots. Ultimately, we gave her a peaceful death via overdose of sleeping drugs.

That honestly sounds like your DM did a good job. He made the bad guy evil in a way that drew an honest reaction from you the players. Honestly, the best moments you can have as a GM are when your players are forced by their own morality into a scenario where they feel actual emotion. The best point I ever role played was when there was a Slaaneshi Inquisitorial aid in charge of imterrogating my party for their exploits. Nothing was actually roleplayed except the interactions, but my players creeped out by the character, and they were scared for their heroes

>Everyone hates utilitarianism until they actually have to successfully practice moral law in the actual outside world.

Utilitarians who care about getting things done effectively become virtue ethicists or consequentialists.

Thanks, user.

Oh shit, that's a really good idea.

And I throw the Edict of Nightfall at her evil cunny.

How is the game? I've heard good things but few details.

Just popping in to remind you that you're crazy. The reason it seems like normal society is deluded and biased is because the things you believe are nuts. Before the internet, people like you would have been ranting on street corners or tossed out of bars after mouthing off about immigrants. Now you can find other loonies, and all sit in a circle telling each other you're the only ones who understand, it's everyone else (including leftists, centrists, the moderate parts of the right-wing, academia, scientists, local news, national news, international news, and most of the people you pass in the street; basically everyone except fox news, infowars, and /pol/) who are crazy.

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT WE KILL HIM Fuck yeah, man, that was the coolest shit.
Dude, there was a video of Mata Nui waking up, he stares at the sky, and then his eyes turn fucking red.

If y'all haven't read the story serials that take place while Makuta is controlling the fucking universe, do it. They're pretty sweet.

To be fair, as a Singaporean, I can't help but think that Europe has gone completely insane. Letting in all those foreigners is crazy. Same for American - we're closer to your conservatives than your liberals. I really don't understand the massive push for liberal values.

>orcs would prostitute halfings specifically because of their small holes.
That's equal parts "that makes sense" and "really, nigger?"
Sounds like a good thing to pull ideas from, but not to run.
> There was a replacement monk class that was styled as a Western farm hand gone vigilante because the writers hate Asian influence
Idunno, that sounds interesting.

All of reality folds back into itself and becomes the everlasting, infinite void which it was always intended to embody.

>That's equal parts "that makes sense" and "really, nigger?"

>buttblasted amerifat detected

I had a good chuckle, user. But to answer your question, I doubt since he isn't expecting a being of mortal origins to defy a pact sealed with the gods. And that would piss off the god of Plane of Water immensely, I guess.

That would be a great plan if the gods didn't have to stay out due to their pact. Material Plane would turn into a battlefield of gods very soon, causing unforeseen levels of destruction. DM's explanation, fair enough. My Ilmatari healer would be all up for it, but we'll have to content to Torm's servants when the time to rise up comes.