Fate Of Konor Thread

It's fucking rigged edition

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20031218220327/http://www.eyeofterror.com/uk/newsletter/newsletterfinal.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Chaos
>Not the ultimate treat that won't be defeated unless it's according to keikaku
U mad imperial cucks?

ABSOLUTE FUCKING BULLSHIT

Dude, it's literally half of the the armies in the game vs a single minor faction..... they need a handicap bro.

>the ultimate treat

>the ultimate treat
Oh yeah, kids' favorite

I've been under a rock, is this basically Storm of Chaos: 40K Edition?

cereal thread?

Yes.

This.

I wish they'd be a bit clearer that this isn't necessarily a 50% to win battle, or stuff like becauses otherwise spergs gonna sperg.

Should we expect Ghazkull out of nowhere to browbeat the writers pet Chaos Lord?

Bet they changed their system to give chaos a win.

The planet map has the imperium aquila on it, despite text of a chaos 'win'

Though in that case one has to wonder what's the point of the overall meter when it's ultimately meaningless?

They could just have three colored bars representing who controls more areas and leave the meter for individual locations.

Oh right, this is GW we're talking about.

They've suddenly clarified that it's who controls more regions than who has the higher overall control.

This is apparently Chaos controlled.

Post Tzeentch alphabet soup

So UK obviosly fell. Who else fell for good? EU or NA?

not only is it rigged, it also will end in a draw to uphold status quo
global campaign my ass

UK was very much Imperium controlled, the one I posted was EU. The only one that is obviously Chaos controlled is NA.

uk was actually strongly imperial

it was na that fucked up

>I wish they'd be a bit clearer that this isn't necessarily a 50% to win battle

They literally never mentioned that up until now, and the Icon for Drenthal still shows Imperium victory in spite of this supposed "rule" being in effect from the beginning. They literally just decided to introduce a bizarre stipulation halfway through to finagle a Chaos Victory.

Personally, I think the Death Guard Tallyman has been fudging the numbers again..

Funny that they never mentioned that before, and their system still shows the Imperial Aquila on Drenthal in spite of this supposed system being in place from the beginning, huh?

Wait, seriously? They usually were wavering.

It's certainly an odd twist, since the US has been one of the most consistently Imperium areas. Though I blame the Euros, since the US was a lost cause as of a few days ago and it was their area that was going to make or break it.

That literally never mattered before now. It is very definitely stacked in favour of Chaos

Anyways my thanks to Brits for staying loyal to the end and holding the line.

Stiff upper lip and all that.

What happens to people trying to engage in this who are not in NA, EU or UK?

You don't matter.

You share a region with the UK.

You share with UK. It's UK and Rest of World.

checking the other planets, the amount of zones controlled has no baring on the overall 'planet ownership' scale. On the first planet where imp are 3/3 it still shown chaos and holding about 1/4 of the planet.
Its obvious that GW just implemented this to push another chaos victory despite it being a player campaign.

Its the eye of terror campaign all over again
Why does this shit bother me so much tg?

>Why does this shit bother me so much tg?

Because they gave an opportunity for players to write the story for the setting, and then yanked it away at the last minute because they couldn't stand their self-insert getting stomped on.

If Storm of Chaos actually followed the campaign results, Chaos would have been eaten alive before it even reached Kislev.

Instead they ignored the results to give Archaon the narrowest defeat possible, then retconned it all, and then gave us End Times/Age of Sigmar.

Remember when Archaon was systematically btfo in WHFB but they pushed for their own narrative?

Remember when Abbadon was btfo as well but GW did the same?

GW wants to sell Death Guard miniatures badly and Chaos not winning any planet doesnt make up for a narrative that sells Death Guard

They need to stop doing these campaigns when they already have a set result in mind. It just wastes everyone's time.

Even when the stakes are as minimal as possible, they still fuck it up.

>If Storm of Chaos actually followed the campaign results, Chaos would have been eaten alive before it even reached Kislev.

That's not how that campaign worked.
Storm of Chaos was ultimately about how the Siege of Middenheim was going to end up.
Archaon was always going to get there.
The results actually fit and Chaos got killed at the siege.

And Abaddon wasn't BTFO,

From what I remember Storm of Chaos was actually about their advance towards Middenheim, and the vast hordes of Chaos were completely stalled at some podunk Imperial village.

Then as an extra fuck you GW wrote that Chaos steamrolled the village with no resistance after the fact.

>Then as an extra fuck you GW wrote that Chaos steamrolled the village with no resistance after the fact.
This is so Chaos, I couldn't contain my smile

>The results actually fit and Chaos got killed at the siege.
I know next to nothing about whfb but didn't chaos end up corpse fucking everyone and destroyed the planet? Even after they consistently kept loosing. That doesn't sound like the result fit.

And the armless got consistently destroyed in the 2003(i think it was then) campaign. So much so that they retconned the ending (twice)

GW has a history of fucking up these campaigns. They should just pick a random backwater system and do it properly. Somewhere near the warp tear, and then update the warp tear if chaos wins(which they won't if it's truly player driven). It's not hard

Look at the Eye of Terror archives.
Some how imperial total victories meant very little when chaos won minor victories in random shit like a capturing a cupcake.
Chaos latterly was cut of in space, so planet bound forces of chaos got fucked in the end.
Some how the crushing defeat of chaos meant a victory.

GW still thinks chaos marines are as popular as loyalist marines

>Chaos got killed at the siege.

Well, Archaon got hit by a cheap shot from Grimgor and then he had to go back to the Brass Keep to recover and fuck the Empire up at a later date.

And then, it was all retconned out anyways.

Going just by the results it literally would have ended with Archaon getting bodyslammed to death by Valten and Luthor Huss.

>From what I remember Storm of Chaos was actually about their advance towards Middenheim,

It was about slowing the horde so that the defenders could garrison Middenheim. Chaos was slowed and so when it came down for the Siege they didn't even really get onto the walls.

But they were always going to get a siege, that's what people never get.

>I know next to nothing about whfb but didn't chaos end up corpse fucking everyone and destroyed the planet?

That had nothing to do with Storm of Chaos.

>And the armless got consistently destroyed in the 2003(i think it was then) campaign.

Again, no, Chaos won the Eye of Terror fair enough.

GW had an algorithm for deciding the EoT results. Chaos players early on learned how to game that for maximum results. Chaos won EoT no bones about it.

They realised too late that maybe having a two-way fight when over 50% (if not more) of the played armies are Imperials, along with allowing Xenos players to contribute towards the Imperium would result in a total wash for them.

So in an attempt to save face, they'll give two """victories"""" to Chaos and then go "SEE? SEE? YOU COULD'VE WON! IF ONLY YOU'D TRIED HARDER! Also pls by the new Primaris(tm) Marines, they're the most epic and sick models ever released kiddo."

The Imperials are still going to win, it's just by giving Chaos two planets they can shut down any claims it was rigged (go figure) or that it was so poorly designed that Chaos never had a chance. That and the usual "it was a hard fought battle and Chaos almost won but luckily due to the return of Gulliman and his greatest of warriors, the Primaris Marines, victory was eventually achieved!"

This. Bring back the old campaign books.

The site seems to take results and the information from them and spits out results. By the Machine, the Imperium won. It's only by the biased human actor, GW, that Chaos has won. Fuck, they even did early damage control on the Regimental Standard last night.

>GW had an algorithm for deciding the EoT results. Chaos players early on learned how to game that for maximum results. Chaos won EoT no bones about it.

Looking at how Konor is being handled right now, I question this.

I'm sorry if I'm being kind of salty, it's just that I imagined that a relatively low-stakes campaign wouldn't need any number fudging.

Didn't that whole Season of War thing end with a complete victory for Stormcasts? I guess they really wanted to sell their minis...

>"it was a hard fought battle and Chaos almost won but luckily due to the return of Gulliman and his greatest of warriors, the Primaris Marines, victory was eventually achieved!"
>implying

The results will be written such that Chaos will accomplish some obscure, never-before-mentioned objective that means everything the Imperial forces did was pointless and it's actually an overwhelming victory for the gods.

praise be to the omnissiah

Fucking GW has the gall to question the Omnissiah?!

Just checked this and saw myself. I figured as much (why bother with regions otherwise) but now we see that the overall planet tracker is pointless.

>why bother with regions otherwise
It's not like players can target a specific region.

Because they're glorified promotional stunts to get you to buy their new shit.

You can literally earn points by going into a shop, putting down money for the models and then build/paint them ideally using their products.

So maybe Veeky Forums's more cynical than most, but Lil Timmy's looking at the brand new Primaris Ultraternals the Redshirt is trying to ram down his throat, and on top of that he gets told that YES TIMMY IF YOU BUY THESE YOU TOO CAN ENSURE KORNOR IS SAVED FROM THE EVIL DEATH GUARD! So naturally there's another incentive for the kids to spend their holiday pocket money on 'em.

It's a Literally Who sector anyway. Chaos could've had complete, crushing victories every week and it would mean absolutely nothing anyway since there's plenty of other sectors in Ultramar they can handwave as "well they surrounded and contained them there lol."

>I'm sorry if I'm being kind of salty, it's just that I imagined that a relatively low-stakes campaign wouldn't need any number fudging.
Not him but i completely agree. I'm actually angry at myself for being so salty about this shit. I knew it was going to happen but i still held out hope that it would be done properly

See also the last thirteen Black Crusades.

Nope, because GW made it so Xenos gain nothing from participating, not even a fluff mention.

ITS TWO FACTIONS GAWD
YEAH, ONE OF THOSE HAS ALMOST ZERO GUNS. WHAT'S YOUR POINT

It's the new status quo of Games Workshop's writing. They move the story along just enough to put out a new Primarch, but in a way that feels lifeless.

Every Chaos victory involves the villain getting his arse kicked (because after Damocles GW is terrified of hurting Space Marine feefees) but 'muwahaha I actually was distracting you from this super evil ritual, so who's the REAL loser here?!" but it never gets brought up. Ever. Again. Meanwhile the Imperium wins the actual warfare part of it.

So in the end, Chaos fans feel like they've been robbed of a satisfying victory because it mostly comes down to "and the Space Marines were so epic and sick and for the emprah bro!" and Imperial fans feel like they've been robbed of a victory because "but in the long term you've already lost lol" And Xenos players aren't satisfied because short of sucking Gulliman's cock it's not like they exist as anything but punching bags to sell Primaris now anyway.

What's with all the nufags acting like the 13th Crusade was 'stolen' from the Imperium? It was the opposite. Chaos winning genuinely surprised GW, so they handwave some crap about "yeah well you won on the ground... b-but you lost at Battlefleet Gothic, so your reinforcements are never coming and both sides are screwed long-term!"

Then it got retconned anyway, probably because the Chaos victory meant that they'd have to move the story along instead of perpetual standstill on Cadia (until Gathering Storm appeared but let's not pretend that had anything to do with the Summer campaign).

desu i don't share the saltyness of others in thread. Yes they fudged and they shouldn't have, but the never really said if it was regions or not, they did it in a pretty clean way, you can't even be really surethey really fudged( eventhough they obviously did). Also the campaign in general is so overwhelmingly favouring imperium they needed to fudge to make it a remotely nteresting campaign.

i mean that's cool and all but you shouldnt jack off and type at the same time

>Looking at how Konor is being handled right now, I question this.

I wouldn't. Chaos had a legitimately more organised player base, and the Imperium despite having superior numbers had more places to fight. Chaos also had one of the most relatively OP codexes ever made.

>Didn't that whole Season of War thing end with a complete victory for Stormcasts? I guess they really wanted to sell their minis...

This is probably the reason they're rigging Konor. Order won hard everywhere in Season of War to the point the other factions stopped giving a shit.

I think Konor is rigged, but not wholly. Imperium going three for three probably wasn't expected, so they had to rig the others so the fight mattered until the last planet. If Chaos pull off another "miraculous" it'll be unforgivable.

>It's fucking rigged edition

it's not rigged, it's just a pre-emptive retcon

>algorithm
>GW
user chaosfags had dedicated forums to report fake victories and still lost. Even the SoBfags stomp chaos players during EoT.
That is why there is so much salt when chaos wins anything, in this kind of events GW always rewrites the results.

Our own damn fault to think GW has learn anything.

You're drastically misremembering, especially if you think SoB mattered at all.
At that point in time Chaos players were much more numerous that now, probably because they had the most powerful codex and they were better organised.

>in this kind of events GW always rewrites the results.

They didn't rewrite the results though.
Chaos legit won EoT. They legit lost SoC. They legit lost FoMV. They legit lost TMC. They legit lost even the recent SoW.

Kek

Read the archives of EoT didn't won shit.

No point arguing with LSMfags. They insist Games Workshop hates the Imperium even while 70% of releases are some variation of Space Marine, 8th has been nothing but Primaris wank and throw a gigantic tantrum like spoilt brats every time an 'NPC faction' gets a win over their power fantasy men (see Warzone Damocles).

They did win though.
Your narrative that GW writes Chaos to win the campaigns is false given that they've only won one campaign of the last five.

They didn't they lost everything but the random foothold in cadia, they lost everywhere and got lost the space control. That is why someone mention the SoB victory. Even them won something.

drenthal was an inside job

It was super close guys we swear.

>They didn't they lost everything

They did not. You can keep lying, but you won't fool anyone who actually played, or anyone who bothers to look at the results.

ITT: Imperialfags whining that the system might actually be rigged against them after laughing at chaosfags who whined about the system being rigged against them

War of Armageddon - Imperium won... but wait, it's a draw and a stalemate

Storm of Chaos - Archaeon beat the fuck out... but wait, the Emperor and Valten get BTFO, but Grimgor comes up, beats Archaeon, but then lets him live.. and everyone goes home nonchalantly.

Siege of Antioch - If the Lizardmen get all the artifacts, the world will be drowned in chaos. They got all the artifacts. Oh wait, they were really good guys, honest.

Ichar IV - Nids BTFO... but wait, they just became splinter fleets.

13th Black Crusade - Chaos gets BTFO at every stage, but random events and random battles swing everything in their favour. Just as planned. It's ultimately a draw.

Oh, but we sold tons of figures. Thanks for your time and effort and money. You're like the domestically abused girlfriend who keeps going back to Chad for a black eye and a dick to suck.

This oh so very much of this. You Imperials are a real piece of work. Chaos is stealing your shtick of being low numbers against a massive hoard valiantly.
P.S. Thanks for the full slave holds!

Valten's rules at that time though. I remember reading them in WD as a Chaos player and thinking oh shit that's OP

it's the golden rule.

Alien vs Predator.
Freddy vs Jason
Megashark vs Giant Octopus
Kramer vs Kramer

Nobody wins. Can't risk upsetting either side of the fanbase.

So not you, because you are clearly ignoring the result of chaos losing.

Technically the imperium is still in the lead. They should just throw the weight of their numbers around more and quit whining so damn much desu senpai.

But they didn't lose.

Yeah nah your fucking retarded.

Except GW has made it now so that overall victories mean nothing. Even having more points on a planet doesn't mean anything if you lose by 2 points in one region.

>The results actually fit and Chaos got killed at the siege.
Man, I remember those days. Including time spent on those old conclave forums, and everybody laughing about how Archaon's siege tactics seemed to involve moving AWAY from the city based on his performance.

Freddy vs Jason, Jason decapitated Freddy. Jason won.

You fuck what do you get from lying? WE CAN LOOK UP THE RESULTS.

web.archive.org/web/20031218220327/http://www.eyeofterror.com/uk/newsletter/newsletterfinal.htm

Chaos lost nothing. The Imperial fleet winning and controlling the space lanes to Cadia just prevented Cadia from being overrun by the Chaos reinforcements. Chaos still controlled the space in the Cadian system and habve isolated the system from the Imperium.

It's without a doubt that Imperialfags are legit racists. shameless Ignorance, dishonesty, and retardation are hallmarks of racism. Punch an Imperialfag in the face when you see one.

Infinity Global Campaign had its problems, yeah, mainly with some players reporting fake battles, but at least CB tried to correct them.
This... is just a total mess. I hope they'll realize they can't continue to release marines and marines only and hope in a balanced player base

I said it from the start, GW won't let Chaos lose, they'll fudge the numbers in the end just so they come out with a tie.

This is the shit we Xenos players have to deal with now. Its gonna be Chaos bullshit the rest of the edition.

Chaos should have lost this planet, GW just gave them the win.

>everything saying chaos lost every important battle
>minor and random crap means chaos victory

Even when reading the truth they need to warp the result

Man you suffer from an acute case of selective reading and not being there at the time.

I've been saying this since week one. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just deluding themselves.

Said the kid trying to say chaos won EoT when GW has re written the bloody thing 2 times now

What does that matter?
Chaos won originally.

Chaos won EoT, idiot. Minor victory but a victory nonetheless.

GW ignored it to appease little cunts like you.

Pic related, from WD december 2003

Shills

Racist.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill
>even when they actually provide evidence
wewlad

Saved for future use.