Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Rip using actual op images anymore edition

>Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, dead even, hours to go. Win for Ultramar!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40000.com/blog/week-six-loebos/
warhammer40000.com/mission-6-death-world/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You non-painters/players and shitposters know the drill.

Who else is jumping on the SoB master race bandwagon?!

Looks like who ever wins the final week wins the campaign anyways.
warhammer40000.com/blog/week-six-loebos/

>As the war in the Konor System reaches its crescendo, dire vox reports filter in from the far edge of the region. The death world of Loebos hurtles across space like an enormous wrecking ball, trailing a vast cloud of spore-ridden asteroids and noxious gases. This is Mortarion’s final gambit for the conquest of Konor – a world weaponised, powered by continent-sized engines and the fell power of the warp. If Loebos’ furious momentum is not stopped, the system-wide war still raging will be rendered irrelevant. The death world will barrel through the system like a plague comet, trailing corruption and death in its wake, infecting world after world with Nurgle’s pestilential gifts.

Is Kheradruakh /ourguy/?

This week's mission.

warhammer40000.com/mission-6-death-world/

>what is raising the stakes?

>doubt
GW will decide. Their own site call them on their rigged bullshit

lets go boys

Can't wait for the oh so heroic marines to save the day using a hidden super weapon on konor

He's pretty cool

After reading up on the Fire Angels and Red Hunters I was actually kicking around the idea of a small allied SoB contingent. The Immolator looks pretty neat.

To be fair, if Chaos wins the final week they'd be 3-3 in planets, and GW fiat would give them the system anyway.

>Long ago the Imperium attempted to settle Loebos, only to discover that it was in fact an Aeldari world, populated by Exodite tribes. The fighting that followed was brutal, and the Aeldari population was massacred by regiments of heavy tanks and campaigns of intense firebombing. This wholesale slaughter sent Loebos’ tormented world spirit mad with grief and rage, and it lashed out at the invading humans with every weapon at its disposal. Loebos’ flora and fauna fell upon the Imperial forces. Regiments of infantry were torn apart by razor-thorn vines, and tanks were dragged into bubbling acidic swamps. Only a fraction of the Imperial invasion force escaped Loebos alive.

Seriously, fuck the Imperium.

This gives the Aledari the option ti side against the Imperium since if the Imperium succeeds in blowing up the world, then millions of Aledari souls will be consumed by Slaanesh.

Anyone play any /games/ recently?

Had a fun 1500 pt game planned between me and chaos, turn one I got my shit rocked when he went first and killed my leman Russ, my flyer, and a bunch of conscripts, then turn two blew up a hellhound which killed my warlord, sergeant harker, and a unit of conscripts commissar, which meant they quickly left too
I'd have liked to try and pull it back in my favor and I think I actually had a slim chance, but unfortunately I started getting really sick and vomited so we had to call it, hopefully this stomach bug clears by Saturday for my LGS's tourney

Lucky you, Black Consuls are tough bastards to kill. You can have a 1st Company made of the dudes that survived until Guiliman came along and allowed them to rebuild instead of waiting for a dead dude to come back to them.

>mission 6 death world™
Lame as fuck final mission
Why even bother with LoW if there isn't any benefit with them?

Considering nurgle is infesting the planet blowing it up and letting Ynnead absorb them is probably the better option.

>Imperium kills bunch of tree fuckers
>better help the great enemy!
Retard chaosfags as usual.

>the Aeldari population was massacred by regiments of heavy tanks and campaigns of intense firebombing.
Fuck yeah imperial guard

>rigged the campaign
>nothing matters but the final week anyway

Sorry if I'm being retarded

I saw Morty and some retarded speshul monopose Plague Marines are coming soon, but is there an indication of when the proper full kits and the Deathshroud/Grave Wardens and characters are out?

Predictions for Chapter Approved point changes? I think scripts will stay 3ppm but Plasma will jump to 15 or 20. Grenade Launcher meta inbound.

The fate of a Mon'kiegh system or the fate of millions of Aledari souls? Hmmm....what would the Children of Asuryan pick.

>letting Ynnead absorb them is probably the better option.

Won't happen if the Imperials blow up the world.

Guys, I think Chaos is winning this region.

Haven't played since last week, but hoping to have a match or two this weekend; if not I've got plenty of painting to do this so I'll be keeping busy in any case.

>that pic
>normal seemingly mundane niceguy guardsmen has multiple women and xenos inexplicably thirsting for his cock
40k harem anime when?

>letting chaos wins
>sure is a good idea
Eldar are retards, but not that retarded.

Are Guard Grenade Launchers even good? I remember them being rubbish in 6th and 7th but haven't heard anything about 8th

Rolling

Those souls are already fucked,

No. We only know what's available up to the 16th.

Roll me baby like a wagon wheel

Hahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha
Cp for free summons get bent imperials

Not really. It has happened before many times. The structure of the World Spirit is being corrupted but the souls can still be saved.

It's a completely unimportant world for the eldar
Why would they risk killing thousands of eldar lives, just to save an imperial system from chaos?

Guard is gonna get nerfed, and it's going to be to Conscript costs or a rule that basically says fuck you to having a Commisar. Or possibly orders, but that is the more unlikely scenario. Also, no fucking way are they gonna make Genestealers cost more. They had plenty of time to do that when they did it to the Purestrains in the FAQs, extremely unlikely we'll see it now. Any point changes for nids will likely be cost reductions on overly expensive units like the Haruspex and minor adjustments for weapon costs on Hive Tyrants/Carnifexes.

Exactly, that is why is fucking retarded.

World is infested with daemons, all souls are eaten by Nurgle and Slaanesh long ago, its like looking for them on Crone world.

Can anyone recommend a decent airbrush for vehicles? Also whether or not the citadel air line is actually decent. So many different options when it comes to airbrushing that it would be nice to get opinions or preferences.

Who says the planet will stop with infecting just this one system?

I don't think they can nerf the cost of Conscripts since they already cost only 1 point less per model than standard Infantry. The Commissar seems to be the breaking point (unless they decide to go for a wider change).

Oh shit. If things continue at this rate then Chaos will use the massive power they gained from Konor to conquer Macrrage.

Are you happy with this, teegee?

I'm so fucking tired of people bitching about conscripts, I would gladly never bring my two 30 man squads again for platoons returning or regement rules
Fingers crossed they just bring back platoons, since that's been a mainstay for guard since 3rd, and keep conscripts the exact same but with that 100-125pt tax

Just finished catching up on the last few threads. Thank you Steel Legianon for testing out your Marauder Destroyer, apparently it is actually insane rather than just good like I assumed. Did you even bother to fire the guns other than the Hellstrikes?

Still working on my Admech Space Whale to counts-as one, a friend who's a physio gave me a bunch of thermoplastic sheets that might work as armour. If not I'll get some of that Worbla stuff and see how that goes, planning to make a set of magnetic rivets down the side I can clip crew-servitors to for display.
Seems like I'll be restricting use of that thing to 2.5k games or larger though if it's icing a vehicle a turn that easily.

People bitching about conscripts need to git gud

No, reread debrief text against. The souls are still in there. Nurgle is simply amplifying their rage and despair in order to make the planet flora and fauna more hostile to life.

NPC and Shitsters of Basshole players on suicide watch!

Damn I missed that, I was the other user wanting him to test it since I'm buying one, can I get a recap of how it did?

It would be interesting to see where they went from there (maybe Bobby G realises he can't defend the Imperium alone and goes on a tour to recruit the other Primarchs and put the band back together?) but its unlikely to happen, I think we'll get the standard "Bad guys defeated BUT AT WHAT COST"

Though to be fair, if you told me about Guilliman coming back (or a Magnus model for that matter), Ynnead finally happening, Primaris Marines, skipping the plot ahead 100 years, all that stuff, I'd have called you a liar. Perhaps GW will surprise us again.

>This is Mortarion’s final gambit for the conquest of Konor – a world weaponised, powered by continent-sized engines and the fell power of the warp. If Loebos’ furious momentum is not stopped, the system-wide war still raging will be rendered irrelevant. The death world will barrel through the system like a plague comet, trailing corruption and death in its wake, infecting world after world with Nurgle’s pestilential gifts.

I jokingly said Morty's true goal was corrupting the system's sun to render any planet the Imperium saved irrelevant... instead he'll just create a plague comet.

Effectively accomplishing the same end result.

Are the Daemon Primarch models too big?

I'm really thinking it's going to be on the end of the Commissar, but they could easily shock us all with a point increase just across the board for IG.

I'm not the one bitching about Conscripts, I'm just saying what's likely to get nerfed. All I ever face when going against Guard is tanks, tanks, and more tanks. I'm about to just go full artillery Nids with Malanthropes only because I can't fucking seem to stop them any other way.

>instead he'll just create a plague comet.

Actually pretty neat, over the top stuff like that is one of 40ks better aspects.

Nah, they're about right.

Point citation that they are intact, its writtten as daemon world full of Nurgle corruption.

Judging by the back of the WD mag this month, Mortartion must be about 20 feet tall

So Dead Space Necromorph planet
Or Transformer

>Actually pretty neat, over the top stuff like that is one of 40ks better aspects.

I do enjoy it too. Just when it turns out that all the other rounds are meaningless because you can lose 5/6 weeks, but if you win the last week you AUTOMATICALLY WIN

Personally rather if they worked this angle they focused entirely on this.

>Week 1 being space clear
>Week 2 neutralize in-system plantary defenses
>etc.

Might as well try

Genestealer best girl

>his wholesale slaughter sent Loebos’ tormented world spirit mad with grief and rage, and it lashed out at the invading humans with every weapon at its disposal. Loebos’ flora and fauna fell upon the Imperial forces. Regiments of infantry were torn apart by razor-thorn vines, and tanks were dragged into bubbling acidic swamps. Only a fraction of the Imperial invasion force escaped Loebos alive.

>The corruption of Nurgle has only exacerbated the world’s vengeful insanity.

Nurgle only amplified the World Spirits effects and added in his touch.

HELL YEAH

Couple threads back he did a batrep, although it was two Guard Superheavies at 1200 points which seemed a little much it was a pretty pile of explosions. Torched a Cronssant, their big gun barge thing and a Necron Lord who was standing in the middle of nowhere for some reason with the Hellstrikes and took little to no damage in return. I suspect it will do the "cruise over the board blasting fire in all directions and looking sweet" job pretty damn well too, although you'd need to line it up against a rather larger army for a proper stress test.

Here's all the posts lined up neatly.

I'm playing in my first 2k point tournament this month, im playing Orks and I was looking for opinions on what to take for dealing with big units like Knights and fliers? I've only ever played 1k tournaments locally and casual 1.5k games.

Should I just take Battle Wagons filled with Tank Bustas?

Rolling for DI marines

World spirit is corrupted, all souls who were inside are eaten, can't you into basic logic?

Question. If the plan was to blow it up, why not cyclonic torpedo the shit out of it?

I fucking love how over the top this is

"Yeah, they magicked engines onto a planet and now they're DRIVING IT around to give everyone space AIDS"

I recently bought a third-party killteam of sisters for Shadow War Armageddon. too bad none I know plays it...

They are suppose to be big.

>added in his touch.

Exactly, even that description has the souls been touched and influenced by Nurgle, sure now its just using them to corrupt the planet but they are already on the way to getting full on Nurgle'd.

No, the World Spirit is still raging so the souls are still inside. Nurgle is using their torment to fuel his corruption.

Like I said, it has happened before. In "Howl of the Banshee" for example the Eldar were sent on a mission to save the souls of a Craftworld corrupted by Khorne.

4U

>Yeah, they magicked engines onto a planet and now they're DRIVING IT around to give everyone space AIDS"

>Big Mek Fragrak da Planetsmasha - In 977.M41, the Deathskulls Big Mek Fragrak da Planetsmasha vowed he would surpass all other Deathskulls by looting an entire world, jerry-rigging a combination of traktor beams, ramships and city-sized Rokkit Boosters to push the third moon of Taurabrax out of its orbit, directly onto a collision course with its parent world

Morty is green. Orks are green.

So GW is ignoring the faction that would care about Eldar souls? You know the bloody Eldar.

This is what an attacking Hive Ship should look like. When resting, they become wholly spherical due to their enormous mass and gravitational pull shaping them that way. A living moon with tyranid wildlife both on top and in its many tunnels and caverns.
Once a suitable world for consumption is found, it partially dissolves into smaller ships and tyrannocytes.
After the invasion is complete the smaller ships return, now bloated and multiplied massively in number, feeding into the main body.

Nice, thanks user, I just wanted it for the "Flying Fortress" aesthetic, I didn't know it had such solid gameplay too

>traitors forced to steal ideas from loyalists

Do they not know shame?!

Dark Angels are green, too.

The Rock was a prototype.

>Before he could build his mighty weapon, Maugan Ra first needed to gather the necessary materials: wraithbone touched by death, to craft the body of the cannon; metal tempered by the blood of a god, to form the scythe-blade; and the spirit stone of a powerful seer, to saturate the weapon with psychic energy. Maugan Ra’s quest took him, with a group of his acolytes, to a crone world, one of the planets of the Eldar empire of old that was consumed by the Warp after the Fall. Once home to billions of Eldar but now nothing more than shattered ruins, this unnamed world had become home to hordes of gibbering Daemons, cavorting under the baleful gaze of an impossible black sun. The death-infused wraithbone he took from the planet’s World Shrine, an ancient repository of souls. It was guarded by a mighty Keeper of Secrets, who was drawing the countless spirits from within it, soul by tortured soul, for the delectation of She Who Thirsts. While his Dark Reapers fired volley after volley of starstrike missiles into the Daemon, weakening it, Maugan Ra approached and slew the beast with a single mighty blow, before harvesting the black deathbone from the infinity circuit. The Phoenix Lord proceeded, accompanied by a lone Exarch, to the very heart of the stricken world, to a hidden chamber that housed a shard of the Bloody-Handed God himself, an Avatar of Khaine. There, Maugan Ra turned on the Exarch, sacrificing him and conducting dark rituals to awaken the Avatar. As the war god’s mortal proxy awoke, Maugan Ra took up a piece of starmetal in the shape of a great scythe and thrust it deep into the Avatar’s heart.

Here is Ra going to a Eldar world in the Eye of Terror. Look what was in there.

The World Spirit is a shell that hides precious candy. Unless corrupted from within, the shell will protect the souls. Daemons will have to manually draw the souls out of the shell.

bringing 2 super heavies in 1200 points is kinda dick desu. And someone doesnt seem to understand what superheavie means because the dude said he was bringing 3 when all he had was a barge a scythe and a ctan

Thanks user

If you actually read the thing, you'd know that I told him the list in advance, he agreed to play against it, and he said he was bringing three lords of war himself. I have since been told he didn't bring any, but I don't know the necron codex and just took him at his word.

Is there anyone else that wants to see the Yncarne and Fulgrim duke it out? I don't even care about Eldar shit, I just want to see Fulgrim get stomped and cucked out of being able to have a last bout with Bobby G and this would be the most possible way for it to happen.

Guess what will happen to those souls once morty gets the planet?

But is the plague comet cooler than the plague river?

>999.M41 The Plague River

>Nurgle’s minions carry his cauldron to the steps of his manse, where he tips open the vessel and pours an immense, plague-filled river through into realspace. The river wends its way into the Cadian Sector, unleashing a jaw-dropping array of filth-bringing Daemons. As the Imperium shudders beneath the first salvos of Abaddon’s brutal conflict, Nurgle seizes the opportunity to distribute his finest epidemics ever further. Diseases infect hive worlds and seep behind fortress walls, weakening the defenders of the Imperium at this most crucial hour…

He will gift them to Eldar allies who helped him of course instead of eating them!

At best the Aledari can do a covert op later to recuse them, at worst Nurgle completely gets them.

Either way better its better than releasing them to the Warp for Slaanesh to consume them.

So eldar souls can be protected for thousands of years in the most corrupted part of the galaxy.
I don't see why they would be in a big rush to reclaim the planet if that's the case

They have never been good. Never. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. This is coming from someone who ran massed grenade launcher armies. They are trash.

Nah, Im hoping for a Slaanesh Incarnate vs Yncarne as Fulgrim is bent and fucked by an awakened Lion.

Any other admech players noticed how good the Infiltrator's Flechette blaster is?

I played a 1.5k game earlier and wiped out 10 Chaos Marines a turn with 5 Infiltrator's shooting. It was disgusting.

Have we got any leaks about the Knights from the codex yet? I'm tempted to grab a close combat build Knight but I don't want to find out it's totally different in the codex.

Nah, the comet is cooler.

>I don't see why they would be in a big rush to reclaim the planet if that's the case

1) The Aledari soul are in torment
2) The Imperials are going to blow up the planet releasing the souls for Slaanesh's pleasure

The Aledari are given a hard choice.

What's /40kg/'s favorite website for getting spare parts?

Ebay

>Fulgrim is bent and fucked by an awakened Lion.

>Fulgrim's gaping anus sucks the Lion's loyalism away, leaving us with a redeemed Fulgrim and a corrupted Lion

>1) The Aledari soul are in torment
Do you really think Nurgle won't eat them and torture as Slaanesh?

It was not so obvious when it closed down, anyway they have REDACTED the site and now it shows the one and only truth we must follow. BUY MORE MINIATURES CITIZEN