media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
What are good names for an adventuring party?

Other urls found in this thread:

astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Artificer (UA),
dmsguild.com/product/219716/Encounters-in-the-Savage-Cities?sb=1
dmsguild.com/product/215866/Tome-of-Adventures
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=130755
dnd.wizards.com/articles/sage-advice/rules-references-august-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How does dragonborn reproduction work? First of all, do they lay eggs? Second, can a red dragonborn fug a green dragonborn and reproduce?

Our current party is called "Arcane Agents of the Royal Guard", or AARG
we're all wizards/sorcs/warlocks in service to the king

Depends on the setting my guy

Yes they lay eggs, and yes all of them can interreproduce. While they have different heritages, most dragonborn are a rusty orange or brown color.

Please give feedback on my homebrew. I edited it since the last time I posted it.

Yes, they lay eggs. And yes, they're all one species. The different colors aren't even different breeds; practically all dragonborn are mutts whose breath weapons probably don't match either of their parents and whose scales are some kind of of muddy yellow ocre or red-brown.

The only setting where it's different is Dragonlance, and they only retconned the draconians to be dragonborn after the fact.

Mongrels they are

>retconned the draconians to be dragonborn

Wait, what the fuck? When did the abominations made from stolen metallic dragon eggs - the thing that made the good dragons actually declare war on Takhisis - turn into dragonborn?

Would giving my players a Giant Slayer in SKT be overkill?

Since the 5e PHB said they were. The thing about them being abominations made of stolen dragon eggs is still true, but they're dragon-men who aren't half-dragons, so that's close enough to say they're a kind of dragonborn.

>Since the 5e PHB said they were

Aw crap, you're right. Well that's me with mud on my face for jumping over the dragonborn every time. At least the wording makes it look like it's something like a proxy for real draconians, especially when they don't mention the "baaz turn to stone when they're killed" in any detail.

Do you prefer to make your own setting, use a pre existing one, use a preexisting one as some form of skeleton or what?

My own, for preference, but I did play a shitload of FR campaigns during the grey box/2nd edition era.

Is this just extremely mediocre? What could I do to make it more interesting/better?

Always done my own and pull from books or movies I've watched along with stuff from DnD itself

My own, it's easier to memorize.

Dragonborn aren't draconians.

I like to keep parts of the setting most relevant to the players the same as described in the official books. Makes it easier for the players to know how their character's fit into the wider world. Everything else is made up, stolen from other media or a modified version of the original lore.

Looks interesting

New DM here. Should I be worried about the other planes?
I'm happy to include the Feywild, Shadowfell and the elemental planes in my settings, but I don't really care for the other planes.

Will things be okay if I just include a generic heaven and hell in my setting? Do I need to answer anymore questions?

my own modular setting that can easily import stuff from any other setting. like a linked world.

Guys, next session my Lost Mines of Phandelver group will reach level 2. How does levelling up work? What do I do? I only have the starter set books, and it will fall on me, as DM, to help them.

Know if any of your players are going to play cleric, paladin, etc. or otherwise include faith/religion as a major part of their character? If so ask them if they have any plans for what kind of gods or other belief systems they want to include in their character. Otherwise you could probably just go ahead with your current plan for the most part. The gods and the afterlife only matter to your campaign as far as you and the players make them matter. If neither group really cares then there are other parts of the setting you should focus on developing to improve the game.

You'll probably want Ethereal and Astral in there

I've always hated tge destinction between the two

It's very simple. Every time you level up, you choose either to advance a level in your class, or to pick up a level in another class.
If you choose to stay, you either roll hit dice for additional HP, or choose to get half instead. You also get new class features, according to your class table. If the table says your proficiency increases (not a reason to worry at level 2), you increase it.
Some classes get an archetype on level 2. Archetype is a mandatory add-on to your class - you don't sacrifice anything to get it, but once you've chosen it, you're stuck with it. You don't get to pick and choose features from other archetypes.

Multiclassing is a bit more complicated and a chore to explain. I assume none of your beginner players even know it's a possibility.

Here's a site with all classes and archetypes. Also, monsters, spells and other shit.

astranauta.github.io/classes.html#Artificer (UA),

How would one go about even beginning to stat, or design a final confrontation, with any of the Cthulu Mythos deities?

When they level up they either up their hp by the averaged amount for their class, or roll a die equal to their hit die and take that number. They then gain any ability/spell they get with that level.

Never roll, you're better off taking average, unless your DM lets you take average after rolling if it's lower.

My own, when I'm the one who writes what can be found where, I'm much more likely to remember that.

My biggest difficulty running sunless citadel was just remembering what loot and stuff was found where, without me having to pause and go look through the book. Since we finished that I haven't had to pause the game to go look and see what they find, since I remember exactly what is found where

You're a retard for even asking the question. You're a double retard for reading chinese cartoons fetishizing Lovecraft.

Trying this again while the thread is fresh.

I really am hoping to find the PDF's for:

dmsguild.com/product/219716/Encounters-in-the-Savage-Cities?sb=1

dmsguild.com/product/215866/Tome-of-Adventures

It is sadly not in the trove, is anyone able to upload it please?

>How would one go about even beginning to stat, or design a final confrontation, with any of the Cthulu Mythos deities?
You lose

the fact that you asked that question means you shouldnt even begin to touch lovecraftian horrors since you apparently dont even grasp the basics

If it's one of the Great Old Ones, the only stat block you need is "you die". Even the lesser shit (I'm not talking about things like deep ones) require some heavy, heavy power to deal with. Cthulhu and the like would simply look and kill you.

No. But almost everything interesting that happens sooner or later has some link to some planes. Treat them as your tools and consider them a lot of extra space to use.

You could kill a cthulian being, but you'd still lose, your sanity would be shattered, your personality destroyed.

Take inspiration from darkest dungeon.

Take your begging elsewhere or get a job and earn that $21.

You wouldn't, the most you'd fight is an avatar or a sliver of their actual might if you're staying true to the mythos

Damn, the thirst for lovecraftian tentacle dicks is strong in this thread. Put things into perspective.

I buy it when I find it useful, just like I did with other things on DM's guild.
Where do you think you are?

Stop pretending like you never pirated anything fag.

I guess I should have made this point in my earlier post....

thanks for at least something to get me started with

apparently a touchy subject

In the Forgotten realms they are mammals, but they lay eggs. They are like platypuses.

You don't fight those things you die to them. The only realistic way to fight something like that even in high power level fantasy like d&d is to fight an avatar and seal the cunt. Which would probably equate to a very high CR, think 20+, encounter with a LOT of wisdom saves against fear and, saves against casual proximity related twisting of your fucking body, condition immunities, resistance to most forms of damage and legendary actions out of the asshole.

You also don't really win such an encounter you merely survive it, although if you're doing a lovecraft inspired campaign that is super fitting and a great way to cap things off.

Wasn't Cthulhu's awakening disrupted because he got conked on the head with a boat before he could fully manifest himself?

To be fair, there were stats for Cthulhu back in the day, of a sort. He eats 1d6 investigators per round, and seeing him makes you lose 1d100 sanity.

Of course, Cthulhu is actually among the weakest of Lovecraft's cosmic horrors. He's really more like a priest than an actual god. He's the regional manager of Earth, which in the grand scheme of things means almost nothing. Azathoth is to Cthulhu as a king is to the peasant who lives in the shittiest house in the kingdom. Anything bigger than Cthulhu would eat an arbitrarily large number of investigators per round and empty anyone's sanity meter in one go.

It wasn't the proper time that he was meant to wake up.

And sure, looking at it now it looks like a rather pathetic thing. "Oh a boat hit him and he got bored and went back to sleep" doesn't sound too bad, but think of when it was written.

Some of their most advanced technology smashed into the thing, and it didn't do anything. Cthulhu just went back to sleep because he realized he still has X number of years/centuries before he actually has to wake up and go to work

Ah-I thought it was a matter of "he was hurt while he was vulnerable, therefore his awakening is postponed", not "he got up, checked the time, and realized he's still got time to sleep in before offering up the earth to the dark beings he worships".

Yeah the boat was essentially the snooze button on his alarm clock. Putting that into perspective is actually quite horrifying

Boy, I hope his shoes are just off camera

Browsing a trove or otherwise pirating what is already available is much less annoying than spamming every thread begging for it. The issue isn't whether you're paying for it so much as whether you're wasting anyone's time trying to get it.

Testing the fairness of my die, the mean on one of my D6's was 3,75 after 120 rolls, should I be worried? No other dice of mine got this far from the supposed mean

Another interpretation I've seen is that the boat was the equivalent of him stubbing his toe while half-asleep. So he goes 'fuck this' and heads back to bed.

How would I run Odin in 5E? Not the Marvel Odin who uses swords and armour and all that shit, but the actual druidic Odin.

Forgot pic

As a druid.

what should I spec in though?

Giant robot, obviously.

The investigator eating and sanity is from the old BRP Call of Cthulhu, right? If memory serves, the Deities and Demigods Cthulhu wasn't that hardcore, compared to things like Shub-Niggurath (basically a monster generator from Gauntlet) or Nyarlathotep (instant hardcore Charm Person unless a really tough save).

Divination
>but that's a Wizard archetype
And? Take it on a Druid.

Speaking of the unspeakable.
I had a kind of strange enemy in one game. He was just an elf who never spoke and walked in completely straight lines from town to town and appeared to be impervious to most weapons and spells.
Occasionally some towns he visited would be enveloped in complete magical darkness and the dark began eating the lights and pulling all living things inside itself. When it subsided, all that was left was a compressed sphere of all the nonliving matter devoured by it. Clothes, armor, jewelry. Dispelling the sphere would explode it and send the contents flying everywhere.
The party tried attacking the elf after surviving one such event but their blades just went trough him and were covered in frost. Spells were likewise wasted. They however managed to lure it into a demiplane and seal it there for some time.
Months later they finally understood why nothing worked. The elf was not an elf and it was backwards. They were attacking the outside. They prepared a ritual to switch perspective so they could actually hurt the thing and beat it back beyond the fringes outside the multiverse.
I don't really know how to explain how it worked in English but it all made sense to the players when I explained it to them so it mustn't been completely nonsensical.

Thanks. Is there anything that looks wrong with it? I understand the flavor text could use a bit more work, but I'm a pretty shitty writer so you'll have to forgive me on that.

sauce

Cr (go fuck yourself I'm a god)
Spear mastery
War caster
Resistance in all saves
2 wolves and 2 crow familiars
One eye
Divination wizard
He was the inspiration for gandalf, make a more badass, one eyed, viking gandalf

Are the Dark Sun Thri-Kreen rules compatible with 5e as they are?

>inspiration for gandalf
You mean Väinämöinen.
Superior hipster Finnish mythology.

Won't be a waste of time if someone already has it, just ignore my post and move on you moron.

filename

or if you're a dirty phone poster Sister of the Woods Rearing a Thousand Young

*stolen*

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=130755

Thank you!

No

What needs to be amended?

Change the racial ability bonus to a +2/+1 amongst the three of those, replace the Thri-Kreen Claws power with a d6/d8/maaaaybe d10 weapon die for unarmed attacks, and sure, seems fine to me.
Maybe a little bit weak, actually. Consider free skill proficiency in something.

Sounds like an AdEva enemy.
"It's got warp-y space shit happening so you're actually swinging your sword at it's three-dimensional shadow. The real body is beyond your comprehension."

Why isn't there 3 weapon fighting that is dumb

Excellent, thank you.

Had a wizard necromancer in mind, because they have such a short lifespan and bowing to death doesn't appeal to everyone.

Can you use sharpshooter -5/+10 with Seeking Shot?

Oh I am, just run into some instances where the filename gets me some weird shit, rather not go down those rabbit holes again

Thanks m8

By RAW, no - you don't make an attack roll for seeking shot, ergo, you cannot apply its affects.

Personally? I would let you, and give the target advantage on their saving throw. Talk to your DM.

Their second pair of arms is vestigial in some settings.

dnd.wizards.com/articles/sage-advice/rules-references-august-2017

New Sage Advice update, including new errata for several books. Pic related is the most interesting rule change (though a net-zero impact on balance thankfully, since you can only get one long rest per 24 hours anyway).

that's gay, it should let them three weapon fight so they get 2 more attacks versus one more

>d6/d8/d10 unarmed attack
Whoa there cowboy slow down.
The paradigm of 5e keeps player natural weapons relatively low in power for a reason. The claws shouldn't be a replacement for weapons in a broad sense, so a d4 is most reasonable. A d6, tops, if they're a major focus of the race.

On the other hand, I'd alter the Natural Jumper to just say "Double your jump distance" since it'd give them the same effective benefit--your jump distance is halved if you don't run first so they'd jump normally from standing--but also gives them a further benefit for finding the room to run up, by doubling their jump distance. It's also mechanically simpler.

Multiple Arms would be best changed to "You can take the Use An Item action as a bonus action on your turn." to fit into the 5e design paradigm--though this is actually very powerful. There's a reason it's a big draw feature for the Thief archetype.
If you do this one, that unarmed attack definitely has to be a d4 or it'd be too crazy.

Oh and also new a long rest requires at least 6 hours of sleep alongside 2 hours of light activity.

Most fun PHB class?
Most fun UA class?

Pretty much. The wizard had a lot of fun ad-libbing magic/mad science sounding bullshit throughout the encounters.
>we must use Gorminael's Anchor to calculate our position in N-space to reverse the enemy's vector alignment and defeat it from within!

Big fan of DandDwiki, huh?
That's some stupid and overpowered shit.

That's interesting, but also a bit annoying in some senses. It kinda makes taking turns to keep watch a bit of a non-issue, which is annoying.

Lore Bard
Mystic

I mean its literally the race with 4 arms

>I don't understand 5e balancing at all the post

Anyone have that index of character options, where it listed all the races and sub-races, and what books they were from? I think it might have been a PDF.

oh no, with an offhand weapon the thrikreen can do 3.5 to 9.5 more damage than the other duel wielders, and significantly less damage than GWM fighter

This, but it might be outdated a bit

You're assuming it's a fighter, and not a Thief getting an extra chance to get off a sneak attack, or any number of story-specific scenarios that might be made trivial by that.

I would never allow it as a DM. It's a bad idea.

Thanks! You're as awesome as you are sexy.