>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to EvoNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>
>Gene_Tech__Changing_The_Inner_Blueprints.trid
>WIMPs__A_History_Of_Living_Dead.zdf
>Street_Samurai_Catalog.zdf
>Prototype_Transhumans__Is_Long_Time_Augmentation_The_Secret_For_Essence_Free_Ware?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your DocWagon contract will terminate within the next week. Do you wish to renew it?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Icarus.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Biotech Edition
What's your favorite?

Other urls found in this thread:

danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Docs/6WN_Japan_Derie.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops
OLD THREAD:

Probably tailored pheromones, simply because it's a bonus that's pretty unique to bioware, can't really get that kind of effect with cyberware. Also, I one day hope to make spidersilk glands relevant.

Paineditor for "what i would like to get"

bump?

whatever happened to that exosuit guy that wanted to write up some full body suits for people to use

>spidersilk glands
Where would those be located?

I love bioware for the Quality of Life improvements. Sleep Regulator, Sanitized Metabolism, Tailored Pheromones - anything that just sort of instantly makes your entire life better by having it.

After that, it's the two pieces of ware that every Archetype wants - a Pain Editor and Platelet Factories.

>Glands are often
>implanted in people’s wrists; those ones hold two dos-
>es, with each dose being about twenty meters long.
>Glands implanted in the abdomen or lower back can
>hold five doses.

CF p114

What about in the cyberdick?

>can't shoot spidersilk from penis
Why even bother.

Cyberdicks take up Capacity, they don't have Capacity to fill.

>inb4 cyberdick laser
that one wasn't based on capacity, it was based on the Second Functionality rules from 4e Spy Games

Spidersilk in the anus, venom in the dick.

>be Street Sam
>given run to steal prototype from a megacorp
>immediately jump on my Harley and drive over there alone
>kick in the front doors to the corp building and start shooting
>kill three or four people but security is on the way
>run through the building trying to locate the objective
>ice a few more guards but the stun damage is racking up through my armour
>eventually keel over unconcious
>whine to the GM that SR combat is too hard.

Street Sams know not to do this shit. So why do deckers keep doing the Matrix equivalent of this and then whining that the Matrix is too hard? Checkmate, overentitled players.

Okay, now replace each of those guards with HTR
And now make it that each time you fail to hit them you take damage

My friend wants to do a game in GLORIOUS NIPPON.

Is there a Japan sourcebook floating around? I sorta know the lore around there, but a sourcebook would be nice, even a not 5e one.

Seems like the only real sources are Shadows of Asia (3e) and Sixth World Almanac (4e)
danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Docs/6WN_Japan_Derie.pdf is the original stuff for the SWA, directly from OG AncientHistory himself

Congrats on spectacularly missing the point, whilst proving mine a bit more.

How big is too big for a female Shadowrunner? Do hefty tits get in the way?

not this shit again

Can you hide a SMG in your cleavage? Too big.

Just use Breast Implants 2.0 so you can be as big as you need to be.

Relax omae. A vagina can stretch over a baby - your little winky's not gonna hurt it. And no, even the saggiest of tits don't drop that far.

Arigathanksverymuch, friend

Make sure to have racism and bunraku dolls. You can't have Japan without them.

>Also wearing a respirator all the time meant awkward social interaction
Get a fancier respirator.

You also can't have it without:
>snappily-dressed Yakuza wearing mirrorshades
>go-gangs on Yamahas
>a fight in a bath house
>noodle-selling rotodrones going window to windom in high-rise apartments
>catgirls who slap you across the face because they like you but can't admit it

Don't forget Corporate Enclaves (4E) for NeoTokyo.

You forgot the most important thing.

>noodle-selling rotodrones going window to windom in high-rise apartments

Damn now I wanna do a run in neotokyo. Also:

>Advertisements for corporate-sponsored stables of jpop-starlets
>Extreme crowding
>Shinto/buddhist mages galore

That would count as being in the abdomen.

So I played the games, read the story time, and foolishly decided to make a character sheet with 4e chummer. It turned out kind of decent to my noobie eyes but can someone explain to me how Adept way discount works?

you chose one of the ways and get a list of allowed powers. For each 2 points of MAG you have you may discount one of these Powers by 25%. You also get additional bonuses.
>Example:
You have an Adept with MAG 5 who chooses the Invisible Way. The adept can now discount two powers of the ones given. In this case let's take Freefall and Traceless Walk.
Freefall: 0.25 PP/level -> 0.1875 PP/level
Traceless Walk: 1 PP/level -> 0.75 PP/Level
Should they initiate and get the Masking or Flexible Signature metamagics then they work as if their Initiation Grade was one higher than it actually is.
If you have MAG 1 you get no discount
If you have MAG 2/3 you get one power discounted
If you have MAG 4/5 you get two powers discounted
etc.
Increase your Magic to the next even number and you get a further discounted Power, potentially giving you free PP
Decrease your Magic to the previous odd number and you lose a discounted Power, possibly forcing you to give up a power

Ah, I see. Thanks! I'm going to touch up on it so I'm not wasting my discounts.

Japan is not an armed society and that seems to have continued into the sixth world from what I've seen, so pretty much all firearms should be treated as F even if they would normally be R. I would personally consider making anything bigger than machine pistols have a higher than normal availability, but that's going to depend on your campaign power level and personal preferences, but I would be tempted to do it just to break the assault rifle dominance.

Yeah, Assault rifles should be damned hard to get ahold of in Japan. I'd honestly recommend raising the availability of anything other than the AK-97 above 12.

No longer an issue with Retractable Cybertits.

Advice on my shitty character?

I'd say balance out your body and will. I don't really consider myself an expert on deckers but that side of it looks fine, skills are hitting the 12 dice mark, you might be better off being more focused but you can do a reasonable range of things well enough that you should be okay.

Will do, thanks omae

So, I need to ask this to set my doubts aside once and for all. Do you need pilot ground craft as a skill to actually drive casually? Like, I understand you're useless for driving tests, but do you really need it as a non-rigger?

How far can I get in shadowrun with this being the reason behind why I run?

Having 4 total dice in it is enough to buy exactly 1 hit in all normal driving scenarios. Someone with as little as Reaction 1, Pilot Groundcraft 1, and Specialty (Cars) has everything they need to reliably make their daily commute.

This is all assuming you are using priority and not karma.
Implanting a commlink is useless if you have a deck since they do the same things, and even so unless you have a Rating 6 commlink, it's not worth it.
Implanting a deck is silly because if it bricks hard you need neurosurgery to repair it.
I would pick a middle lifestyle when you have such valuable gear laying around.
If you are planning on using Go Big or Go Home, I would put hacking at 6.
Snipers while not bad, shouldn't be a primary weapon. If you need to walk packing heat without warning everyone in the room it's gonna be hard without an SMG/Pistol.
You have shit Perception and no Con for when the guard asks you what is the duffel bag.
If you are gonna buy a Gridlink for your ride, you need a Gridlink Override or you risk the GM ruling that any cop that says your bike to stop, it stops.

>Optionals
Get a second, lower rating SIN either for backup or for lifestyle purposes. Otherwise if your only SIN gets burned you are 100% fucked.
I don't remember how program carrier worked, but Baby Monitor running 24/7 is almost useless.
Picking up the entire Biotech skill group is pointless, just pick up first aid.
Running/Sneaking might save your life.

Okay, yeah, makes sense. I actually went to the 5th edition rulebook to look at the threshold table after asking that question and saw that merging lanes needed a test in the example column.
I was asking after looking over a lot of my PC's sheets and seeing little random 1 point in some skills, but the groundcraft one specifically is one I've wondered about for a while.

Depends on what metatype you play. Pretty far as a troll.

It's gonna be tough beating mount dragon, though.

>Implanting a deck is silly because if it bricks hard you need neurosurgery to repair it.
I looked this up beforehand a CGL dev out there somewhere who confirmed that surgery is not necessary to repair implanted devices, but I'll talk to my GM about it. Otherwise, thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do.

With basic skills like Computer, Navigation, or Pilot, assume they're buying hits 99% of the time. If they have at least 4 dice from whatever sources, they're good to do any normal, everyday task without even making a roll. If they don't have at least 4 dice, they're so incompetent that they risk failure every time - like the person who merges right into the other side of a car, or the person who comes to a complete stop at the end of a highway ramp because they can't figure out how to safely merge with traffic.

Remember, 1 skill point and a specialty is enough to be competent for everyday skills, even if you have Attribute 1.

That doesn't make you competent for shadowrunning-related tasks, mind you, but it's enough to drive to work, navigate to a Chinese restaurant, and set up a new email account.

Aww I remember making that. I should've made the bulge bigger. There's a bioware version of the cybercock right?

I want to play a youtube celebrity type shadowrunner, who is a peppy japaneese girl with neon colored cyber cat ears & tail. She is trying to find her father, a cyberware developer who was extracted years ago. She has turned to shadowrunning & uploading trideos of her runs for people to see. I want her to be forcused on infiltration & bypassing security (locks & guards) not focused on lethal damage, mostly tasers, stun batons & maybe a cyber shockhand. What skills, ware, & gear should i absolutely have & what do i need? How useful is online fame? Any other qualities i should pick up? Any help is appreciated

That's just a penis, user.

a penis bulked out with hormones,
but still a penis

There is also the fact that even as a decker, you don't wanna carry your deck always with you, when you might get jobs that are close to MAD scanners, and while some ware might be accepted, decks are always an alarm raise.

>Implanting a deck is silly because if it bricks hard you need neurosurgery to repair it.
If it bricks hard, you should require the PC to burn edge to survive, because their brain just nearly exploded.

Reproductive Replacement including augmenting, rather than outright replacing, your junk.

you don't have to have it in your head, user.

With enough cyberdicks you can implant it anywhere

>headware

You can implant Capacity-filling Headware into a cyberlimb.

This is one of those times you should be enforcing the intention of the rule.

You think that having your smartphone/tablet installed in your arm is unbelievable?

>implying a cyberdeck is just that
It's an interface connected directly with your mind. That's its whole gimmick.

Personally, I find it more believable to have a deck installed into an implanted socket or flesh pouch with a bus or port as opposed to directly wired in.

That way you can actually fucking upgrade without requiring neurosurgery.

Okay made some changes, what do you guys think?

Electronic Witness and Day Job are qualities that work nicely with Online Fame. Just get a simrig and good CHA and social skills (Perform if you are feeling kinky) and go Face/Infiltrator. Good LOG and AGI and abuse the hell out of the tools the game offers. One favorite of mine, is meta links with data taps, just plug one in to whatever and now your Hacker has a direct-ish line.
Just make sure to run the concept by your GM first, the whole concept of your character might earn a few bad looks.

No, it's definitely just a tablet. You mostly use them in AR in the first place. Implanting it just lets you skip the datajack and keeps it concealed.

I don't think you understood the 'gimmick' in implanting it.

>You mostly use them in AR in the first place
Spoken like somebody who's never truly decked.

>Sleep Regulator, Sanitized Metabolism, Tailored Pheromones
Found my next Prototype Transhuman - someone engineered to be the perfect wageslave.

How would you run a game where half the team are adepts?

start stealing forbidden martial arts scrolls.

Don't forget background counts are a thing.

Don't forget Orthoskin with that environmental adaptation mod I can't remember the name of
>The Wageslave can function from 40 to 130 degrees. It saves us a fortune on climate control in the Arcology.

47 Ronin-esque jobs where the team just tears through everything they come across.

Sorry, I meant are faced with a heavily guarded compound with the payday inside. Lots of karate ninja shit goes down to get it.

Thanks. It's (so far) a melee adept, a tactically minded gun adept, and possibly an archery adept but that guys doesn't know what to do yet. I've been considering how I'm gonna balance the game with no mage and possibly no hacker depending on the last two people who haven't made up their minds any one way they wanna go. AI, possibly, with one guy, but dunno yet.

Toaster style is the best conceptualisation of deck headware yet. Everything else devolves into stupidity over the issue of upgrading vs intent vs rules vs fuck deckers vs fuck you.

How does one find a group to play this with?

Please don't say be the GM, I am bad enough at roleplaying one character, let alone all the npcs

Go out to your local nerd shop and ask the browsing neckbeards if they play Shadowrun. Or just ask random people online.

Bad news for you user
If you can't bully a friend into GMing, you have to do it yourself.

I need help /srg/. I'm trying to make a sneaky beaky Elf Mage / Infiltrator in 4e. The goal is to have someone that can slip past most mundane or magical security, get the loot and intel and then ghost back out.
The problem is I'm rusty as fuck with 4e and Shadowrun in general, and even when I was big into the game my group was a bunch of retards that didn't optimize so my minmaxing skills are a little subpar anyway.

Is this a viable concept or should I scrap it?

>When you spend 25k on a commlink
I would spend more if i could

All cyberware is connected to your brain through a DNI, where it is in your body is irrelevant.

Nah, that can work.
You might stretch yourself a little thin with Mage/Infiltator.

I'd suggest Adept Infiltrator instead, but what you're going for is doable.

Shapechange can be hilarious for sneaking into buildings as a small animal.
Just play someone with a small body.

Improved invisibility, critterform (be careful going through ventilation), Influence, Control Thoughts and maybe go with and elf. Invest in a maglock passkey and an autopicker.

Seems simple enough. I'm guessing I'll still want to use Spirits as much as possible?

Gimme the nastiest security spider you can build in 5e.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't buy the group. Just 3 or so points in Summoning, and a specialization.
That way you minimize expenditure, but also get access to a whole host of options.

>not carrying your custom deck around in an old atari 800XL case
You are all savages.

If the Sammy could instantly teleport out of the building to (relative) safety with a single action, lots more Sammies would do just that.

>Shapechange can be hilarious for sneaking into buildings as a small animal.
Wouldn't that mean you'd be naked and without gear?

Yeah. But that's just something you can plan around.

Time to play identity theft!

How would one go about riding a bicycle in shadowrun? How fast could one of those pesky couriers with pimped out cyberlegs possibly be?

>Not catching the guards off guard by suddenly having an old, seemingly confused and naked old man in their security area.
Pink mowhawk is best.

Corporate enclaves for Neotokyo and how to run there

Sounds like a fun group.
But i want to point out that AI's make terrible decker, even worse then technos (but technos are better at doing technomancer stuff than hacking anyway)
I belive that the most beginner friendly version of "Matrix runner" is the non-hollywood hacker.
Basically a combination out of face and decker.

Also archery is RAW kinda bad, allowing to quickdraw arrows and a medicore alchemyst contact can fix that. Shooting force 6 fireball awrrows is pretty neat.

Not sure about the 6th world, but i'm pretty sure that japan at least allows sport shooting. Carrying them assembled in public is still illegal as fuck.

But i think it would provide a fun challange for shadowrunners. Having shootouts with crossbows, maybe an slingshot adept who goes for called shots to the eyes or fingers.
Also getting creative with everyday objects like fire extinguishers and nailguns.

6th world Japan is all "No guns for civilians!" cranked up to the max. Ownership is heavily restricted, and don't even think about carrying (open or concealed) if you're not a cop/corpsec/army member.

In theory, of course, in practice nuyen can solve most problems just like everywhere else.

I still like the idea with the nailgun shootouts.
Would give a souped up one like 5 damage and 3-4 AP with taser Range. Not utter shit, considering the fact that guns are a big no-no, but i'd guess that would still make melee viable enough.

Male enhancement could also easily fall under the umbrella of Biosculpting.

I think you're thinking of Smart Insulation. That was 4e-only - no getting that with Prototype Transhuman. The closest they have is Penguin Blubber, which gives you broad cold protection but does nothing for heat, and which makes you thicc/tubby-looking.

That's .3 Essence, but isn't that worth it to be able to be bum-fucking naked in even the most frigid of environments?