Warhammer 40k general 40kg/

/comfyboyz/ edition

>Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, dead even, hours to go. Win for Ultramar!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/a-closer-look-at-necromundagw-homepage-post-2/?utm_source=GamesWorkshop.com&utm_campaign=1ffa0f9fe6-GW 31st August Roundup EN_CA&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c6e14e39d2-1ffa0f9fe6-113240709
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waddup

CRIMSON SLAUGHTER!

Comfy thread needs some love.
Healthy BDSM relationship between Nurgle and Isha for example

Hydra Dominatus

fuck sake, no one has updated the OP with the new stuff about Necromunda, codexes or Chapter approved.

And there's a new planet in the Konor campaign.

sad!

Also thoughts on this list?

>tfw no qt gf/trap to play 40k with

Why hasn't Draigo saved her yet?

Sorry m8 I've made the past like 3 threads and I'm just too lazy, I'll get it updated for the next one if I can figure out how to link shit correctly on 4chins

>blastmasters are the only source of ranged anti-tank
It's okay I guess

drenthal was an inside job

also post battle buddies

So much for Guard getting updated models this year. FFS GW.

Also, Necromunda's announcement has been a shit show. "Hey, we're remaking the game as a shitty board game. Also, we're half-assing the 3D style of play."

he's to busy 'saving' slaanesh

faggot

Lots of powerful, assault, anti-infantry weapons. Lacking heavy anti-armour other than blast master spam.

>tfw 8th edition Chaos Space Marines are going to be top bracket
>tfw World Eaters best faction
>tfw the sexual tendrils of chaos penetrate all the orifices of the universe

Am grill
so you're still not wrong

Can anyone with the space marines codex pass along the points costs for the redemptor with both onslaught cannons and the grenade launchers and the plasma exterminatora? I'm guessing that stuff is actually in the codex since it isn't on the supplied data sheets that come with the models.

Total: 1961 points

Vanguard detachment
HQ
Wolf lord in Terminator armor (162pts)
Combi-plasma
Thunder hammer
Rune priest in Terminator armor (141pts)
Runic terminator armor
Storm-bolter
Runic stave

ELITES
Dreadnought (177pts)
Twin lascannon
Close combat weapon with heavy flamer
Wolf guard (5) (120pts)
Pack leader: power sword and boltgun
Storm shield and boltgun
Wolf claw and boltgun
Chainsword and boltgun
Thunderhammer and storm bolter
Wolf guard (5) (158pts)
Pack leader: frost axe and boltgun
Powerfist and combi-melta
Storm shield and boltgun
Chainsword and storm bolter
Thunderhammer and storm bolter
Wolf priest in Terminator armor (146 pts)
Storm bolter and crozius Arcanum
Wolf guard in terminator armor (5) (244 pts)
Pack leader: Thunder hammer and storm shield
Thunder hammer and storm shield
3x wolf claw(pair)
TROOPS
Blood claws (16) (303pts)
Wolf guard in terminator armor: storm bolter and chainfist
Pack leader: bolt pistol and power fist
Chainsword and plasma pistol
2x plasma gun
11x chainsword and bolt pistol
Grey hunters (10) (157pts)
Pack leader: boltgun and power sword
Plasma gun
8x boltgun
Drop pod (105pts)
Storm bolter

Auxiliary support detachment
HQ
Bjorn the fell-handed (248pts)
Assault cannon
Heavy flamer
Trueclaw

Any comments? Been thinking of switching out the drop pod for Lukas the trickster.

its in the OP

download the codex from the op and check

>world eaters are best faction for CSM
>laughs in subversion

what kind of rules can different forgeworlds expect in the admech codex? Will they bring back the option for a pure skitarii army?

Best Chaos Legions In terms of rules from the Codex?

I think its: World Eaters>Alpha Legion>Renegades>Night Lords>Emperor's Children>Iron Warriors>Black Legion>Word Bearers.

Reposting in case the friendly user is still here

I have a habit of getting complacent and spamming 1-2 units I like, so the Razorwings feel like they can help mix things up (and spend excess points) instead of adding Ravagers #4-5, but I'm not feeling very inspired by their model. Not sure how to alter a fighter jet to best fit my cartoonish space piracy aesthetic goal, or if I should leave it as is

where does imperium fall in this? Is it that crappy wizard one?

On phone, first link? Or is it in the jumble of other megas?

Can confirm that enough strength 3 manlet fists bring down carnifexes

just slowly read the op and it will be clear.

What do y'all think of using Alpha Legion tactics to summon right into an opponent's face?

Necromunda 2.0 is here at last

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/a-closer-look-at-necromundagw-homepage-post-2/?utm_source=GamesWorkshop.com&utm_campaign=1ffa0f9fe6-GW 31st August Roundup EN_CA&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c6e14e39d2-1ffa0f9fe6-113240709

are you looking for applicants

>RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGED!!!!

Just teasing, totally would watch one of your sessions.

Nope, just pre-emptively retconning.

Not considered cutting the numbers of your blood claws and grey hunters a bit to get Lukas? I would say your drop pod is essential really?

>>tfw 8th edition Chaos Space Marines are going to be top bracket
Eh, we've had exactly 2 codexes so far and there arguably equally as powerful, just in different ways. Until; we get some more codexes, namely non-marine dexes, than who places where is still in the air. It's not hard to balance marines against other marines. non-marines and marines is a different story
>>tfw World Eaters best faction
top kek, khornlets this delusional. Alpha legion in general and EC termie bombs are both better.

stop beating your dog

desu that is always how I feel when playing my Children. If you try to keep them in a Fluffy list they have a lot going on but lack in the Punch department just like Slaanesh-Daemons.

Most of the good anti-armour CSM stuff kinda doesnt fit their theme, mostly Chunky Ugly Daemonstuff therefore a no-go in my EC List, literally the only reason Im using lightly armoured Centurions for Oblits and Contemptors instead of (Sonic)Brutes, Working on a Blastmaster-Arm for it though. Predators and helbrutes just dont really scream EC

Noise Marines fucking destroy Conscripts though

My worry is that they're going to shit-can Guard because of how strong Conscripts are at the moment. All they need to do is fix that a bit.

sadly Brother Sprocket fell to old age about 3-5 months ago. Im sure he's still barking those Daemons in the warp now (-.-,)7

Blood in the water the whiners have come back full force now that they have "a chance". The imperium will prevail chaos cucks.

Would you play me if I used /truescale/ space marines? I had converted a few and the primaris make it easier now... I hate seeing them the same size as gaurd, it fucks with my autism.

He doesn't stop for thots.

Considering they posted the wrong results for the last planet, there's probably some kind of shenanigans going on behind the curtain.

But with a counter as imprecise as this, who fuckin' knows. No point getting upset either way it swings.

It would lead me to believe that you're in denial about Primaris phasing out older marines entirely, but sure. Go for it.

Time for some more question and answer stuff!
Maybe if we see how similar we all are we'll realize we shouldn't fight as much
So let's start!
>what army do you play?
>what is your favorite non-plastic model?
>what was the most wasteful single purchase you made for 40k?
>have you ever played 30k?
>if so did you slow down or stop after 8th dropped? If not would you ever consider starting it?
>have you ever dated anyone who played 40k?
>most lewdable 40k character?
>confess to me a secret you have

warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Imperial Guard, Tyranids and CWE are confirmed getting codices in november this year

I give my pup nothing but snuggles

Is Draigo trapped in the warp on eternal thot patrol?

man what the fuck where is 1k sons

Who the fuck drew that

What about Black Legion are they still awful

>Considering they posted the wrong results for the last planet, there's probably some kind of shenanigans going on behind the curtain.

>posted the wrong results

>implying the actual results are even being collected

>grey knights
>use a lot of termies
>no spartans for u

Who drew that

Mostly right, though I'd argue AL is better than WE. WE stratagem is meh, and the khorne stratagem encourages you to take max units, but the best melee units for WE are either deep strikers or foot sloggers, unless your willing to pay for a big old FW transport.
AL on the other hand is more versatile in terms of stratagems and CT, and not being tied to a chaos god makes them able to take advantage of all the mark-unique strats (so a slaneshi termi bomb, max zerker unit which infiltrates before the game and then gets to fight 3 times turn 1 backed up by a sorceror who casts and extra power are all possible in a AL list, which is not the case for WE)

yeah, maybe :/ The plan from the beginning was for the terminator wolf guard squad to just have 3 dudes, and then have enough to fit lukas in... But gw decided to change the rules so wolf guard squads have to number at least 5 :(

>Orks
>Hive Tyrant
>My 2nd hand Tau armyi got in 5th edition, never used it
>No
>No
>No
>Eldar bitch that gets spammed nonstop
>My cat is the best cat in this thread

Probably the last release of the year.

IM NOT CRYING

They're quite different, Alpha Legion is more versatile though it does lend itself to being a shooty army.

is admech a shooty army?

>retards actually thought Tau were getting updated, or all Space Marines were getting updated, and Tyranids weren't
LOL

Your drunk go home.

Hard to believe that in a mere 15 years or so she'll be taking cocks in every hole from greasy chads that don't give a shit about her.

Life uh, finds a way.

/b/ go home

>Considering they posted the wrong results for the last planet
It's an automated program user, they manually changed it then excused it by saying oh no, it's based off who controls more territory (something never mentioned up until then), and then they went in and made planetary control slightly in favor of chaos.
I don't know why, people are going to say it was poorly planned or rigged no matter what, so this won't change anything.

Anything that has a 3+ save is comfy to go against with Guard fists and Lasfun spam. Good work using Ogryn and using hummie fists.

This is why I never want a daughter

pls I haven't played 40k since before admech was an army I genuinely dont know

The biggest downside for AL I've found is trying to figure out what to do with your troops choices, whereas WE have that all settled up front. If AL want to be able to infiltrate a meaningful assault force they need a lot of CP unless they don't care about being able to use it later in the game for Slaanesh double shooting or command rerolls, but that means taking really mediocre troops choices.

>guard
>straken
>bought the retaliation cadre for full price at my local GW and decided to stop playing Tau a month later
>yes, once
>I'd play but no one in my scene wants to stop playing 8th which is understandable
>tfw you never dated anyone at all
>macha
>I find reverse traps kinda cute

But user, dogs usually don't live that long.

>Thousand Sons
>Old-school Ahriman
>Dark Millennium in '99
>yes
>yes, but for life reasons, and yes I'd restart
>no
>yvraine
>my cat
>is better than this cat

yes, one of the shootiest

Fiiiine. Rangers are cool and I hear people bitch about the bug tank thingy a whole lot.

Yes AdMech is primarily a shooty army, although like most armies they still have a few units that are more melee-oriented (Electropriests, for example, and Kastelans with the fists).

>The biggest downside for AL I've found is trying to figure out what to do with your troops choices
how is that even a question. take min cultist units to be able to get lots of detachments and save points for elite units.
Fluffy as fuck and powerful

>csm and daemons
>both my metal keeper of secrets
>eldar battleforce, $105
>no
>no
>no
>masque of slaanesh
>i'm a black geek with an art degree

My Aspiring Champions strive to seek glory in the name of the Dark Gods, but they are a little sleepy right now.

IIRC there's two codices left for the ten this year goal GW set for themselves, so I wouldn't be surprised if they and the Yiffs were released around the same time for that sweet rivalry.

>>what army do you play?
Witch Hunters
>>what is your favorite non-plastic model?
Penitent Engine
>>what was the most wasteful single purchase you made for 40k?
Imperial Knight
>>have you ever played 30k?
Yes
>>if so did you slow down or stop after 8th dropped? If not would you ever consider starting it?
Nah, the only thing good about is that they actually have Sisters models
>>have you ever dated anyone who played 40k?
No
>>most lewdable 40k character?
Yarrick
>>confess to me a secret you have
Used my army case as weapon for self defense. Something broke and it was not my models or case.

>art degree
>literally paying Marxists thousands of dollars to give you a useless skill

I'm so sorry

Look at this fukkin cat, shits insane. I literally walk down a halfway and she fukkin bites into my heels to try and bring me down. A PROPPA SQUIGGLY BEAST SHE IS

kek

>what army do you play?
CSM, started eldar last week
I only have have one non plastic unit, those are havocs. They are shitty as fuck. Metal sorcerer looks nice
Heldrake, while i like the rules and stuff i wasnt able to field him because i dont have a box big enough yet
Nope
>if so did you slow down or stop after 8th dropped? If not would you ever consider starting it?
If they'll keep alpha legion as barebones as it is now until the end of edition I think that's going to be necessary
nope
Celes?
Cold, usually having killer tendencies characters that have a warm side are my biggest turn on. But despite all of that I still prefer the cuteness over any hotness

>what army do you play?
Guard/Sororitas
Vostroyan standard bearer
20 Daemonettes solely for summoning spam at the end of 7th edition.
No.
Never.
My gf agreed to play once. Hasn't went near a model since.
Col. Straken
I hope chaos wins this Campaign.

real talk i'm looking at corporate work and probably going to grad school in a few years because it's easy and everyone wants me to. it's possible to make a living doing art, i would love to work for the Weta workshop or Hallmark. i know a person or 2 making a living doing art but i'm terrible at sales and freelancing after years in retail

>goldies
>khorne

>Nids, AdMech, GSC
>Metal 2e Tyranid Lictor
>$300 worth of paints I never get around to using
>No, although Mechanicum was tempting
>30k is dead to me now that it's still using 7e rules
>I'm dating two girls who play right now (Orks and DE)
>Probably some random Eldar chick (but not that hag Yvraine)
>I met GSC Breeder IRL and fucked her with one of my gfs

>inb4 assmad jealous anons reply with "things that didn't happen"