Settings 'that guy' insist you GM a game in?

> My own is pic related, Requiem Vampire Knight

People like what they like. Just not a fan of the comic after reading the 11 volumes put out because 'that guy' in group begged me to. And in all fairness, I couldn't judge it, till I read it.

But have read it, and have no interest to run a game in the setting. It is just too cynical and angst for me. But 'that guy' has still kept lobbying me, and others in group, despite firm no.

Anyone else as a GM have someone try to put a setting on them?

>too cynical and angst
I've never taken Mills seriously in any of his works.
For me he just enjoys over-the-top nastiness, without much of a message behind it.

We usually make a strawpoll for our games to decide setting, factions and themes. But we've played together for something like ten years, so it's rare that we don't like what the others propose.
I did a Mass Effect short campaign that I wasn't happy about in the beginning because they asked me to, but in the end it was ok. It was just a paintjob over DH, a system we were all familiar with, so it ran flawlessly.

What does he want to play? Vampire knights? Rebels? Faction leaders? Zombies just trying to survive? Humans in the real world in contact with Ressurection?

Had two plebs in my gaming circle try to get me to run DnD 5e. I said I'd consider running it if we did it in Dark Sun, but they noped that immediately. "Can't we just have like a normal setting user?". 'Normal' turned out to be either Greyhawk or FR, the most generic DnD settings going. I said I had no motivation to do anything with those settings and said they should find someone else or try GMing themselves. They sulked and said there was no-one else available, they couldn't do it themselves, why can't I just do it, blah blah, but they gave up pretty quickly and without drama. They're currently playing in a cringelord game of PF being run by someone else and they've told me it's a bit too exotic for their tastes. I honestly don't know what to do with some people.

>run it themselves
I mean, I get not wanting to run a certain type of game, but that doesn't solve anyone's problem. I would know. I constantly run games because I WANT to PLAY in a game with a different setting than generic D&D or Star Wars. It leaves me, the GM, longing to actually play and my group's plebeian other GM not taking the game seriously and acting like a fucking loony tunes character

OP here, exact quote.

"I think we should play a group of evil vampire knights serving Countess Bathory, bringing her victims to torture.'

I don't know how else to put this, I think he wants some magical realm blood bath orgy shit to happen. And quite frankly, I am too terrified to investigate it more.

>Greyhawk or FR
>They're currently playing in a cringelord game of PF
>AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpg
Some people have no taste, user.

>Doesn't like Requiem

You are trash

>Doesn't want to run a game in the setting

Completely fair

> Calls people that don't like Requiem trash....

/p...pp...pol/?

>everybody here is a horrible evil shit
>has Nazis
>has Imperialist Britain
>main character is Nazi, shown to be evil shit
That's like the opposite of /pol/.

IF he wants it so bad let him fucking run it.

It's like you forgot /pol/ isn't a unified entity, and half wants the holocaust to be real so there are less jews, and the other half wants the holocaust to be fake so Israel and the jews lose their casus belli.

>that guy settings
Anything involving Nazis

You don't have to be /pol/ to like Requiem. I like it because it's the closest comic to ever get the batshit insanity of 40k

>>that guy settings
>Anything involving Nazis
>Indiana Jones is a that guy setting
>WWII is a that guy setting
You could have just said you were retarded.

Fair point. It does cover the whole endemic warfare without end and the lengths of mental reasoning, or belief system, that can be conjured up to try and give meaning or justification to it all.

That said, wouldn't Nemesis the Warlock, or other 2000AD comic be closer?

I don't get how anyone can read either of these pages and not realize the series is a comedy

You seem to be awfully familiar with /pol/

In anything, you re the only one obsessed with them, possibly because you are one of them

You have to leave this website.
>captain America & Marvel is a that guy setting

> ...not realize the series is a comedy

Sane folk do.

Now replace normal with autistic fanboi who wants to play chaotic stupid power fantasy as a vampire night as the audience reading it.

Kekd

This.

It's bleeds parody, self-deprecating humor and over the top cringe. God help me, I do love it.

You gotta see it as parody/social comentary, then it makes sense and is funny.

>have no interest to run a game in the setting. It is just too cynical and angst for me.
Tell him that.

If he continues to bother you, ask if he really wants to play in a game where the GM has nothing but apathy and contempt toward the setting and subject matter. Does he really think that would be fun for him, or you, or anyone else. Tell him if he really wants to play this game so bad, he should run it himself.

If he continues after this, I would recommend distancing yourself from him, and eventually putting an end to your gaming relationship.

Oh hey, I remember reading that serialized in Heavy Metal. I recall that I thought it was it was vapid and devoted to image over substance, even by Heavy Metal Magazine's standards. I figured the rest of the world just forgot about it.

Mind you, I didn't like most of Heavy Metal. I thought it would be some epic reservoir of cutting edge, avant garde comics when I found a complete torrent on old Demonoid, but most of it was badly drawn tits and gore.

I have had my "That Guy" try to convince me to run things. I usually have two responses:

1) Why would I run this when its just a more complicated rules-heavy version of a system I already know?

2) Why don't YOU DM it then?

The best game for that kind of stuff would be INS/MV where you can have an angel party with a kkk member, a hippie, and a jesuit. Same with demons ranging from idealist revolutionaries to serial killers.