Critical Role Episode 110: Sam Riegel(Scanlan) One Shot Thread

Some of the cast (Marisha, Matt, Travis, Laura) are at Burning Man so we get a One Shot today!

Where: geekandsundry.com/twitch/
When: 10pm EST

Guests Tonight:
>Sam Riegel - DM
>Eric Bauza
>Mary E McGlynn
>Ashly Burch
>Brian W. Foster
>Liam O'Brien

Should be a pretty good show tonight, as we get to see Liam be something other than a brooding cocksucker, and Mary/Ashly have both been very good in the past.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170901021057/http://gizmodo.com/fire-dust-storms-and-scorching-heat-this-years-burnin-1798662696
critrolestats.com/blog/who-wore-it-better-boots-of-haste
criticalrole.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
reddit.com/r/criticalrole/comments/5p45i0/no_spoilers_boots_of_haste/
rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/71257/how-does-vax-from-critical-role-get-three-attacks-per-round
genius.com/Sweet-ballroom-blitz-lyrics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It'll be shit.

Steve Blum with on Talks Machina with Mary. Is he in too or just happened to be with her at the time?

I wanna see where Sam takes the one shot and what he does with it. I'm thinking he's gonna do something more fun and light. (kinda opposite what Liam did with his one-shot)

If you are talking about Mary McGlynn she has been married forever.

That said CR seems to be create from/create couples

>Matt & Marisha
>Travis and Laura
>Brian and Ashley

I know that. I meant was he going to be part of the One Shot as well. Very poor wording on my part, sorry.

Will phil lamarr ever be on the show? GOAT voice actor

> phil lamarr
He was on the PF Goblins One-shot like a year ago

get your self-promoting twitch bullshit off our board

I'm waiting for the day they get Troy Baker to budge and give it a shot

No.

It's happening. Sam is super nervous.

That's a new occurrence. I love it.

It seems like it's gonna be goofy at least

So apparently the Crit Role gang is probably not having a ton of fun at Burning Man this year

(Archived cause it's a Gizmodo post)
web.archive.org/web/20170901021057/http://gizmodo.com/fire-dust-storms-and-scorching-heat-this-years-burnin-1798662696

Here we go, boiz.

>the shitty letters "CR"
kek

I'm watching with a big smile on my face.

>The whore's name is Zarva
>Shitty letters CR

Once this getting moving it seems like it is going to be fucking hilarious

You know, it seems kinda serious at the beginning.

Fucking FURRIES

It seems like its going to be dark comedy with a heavy helping of simple slapstick

Plus Mary's character has Wild Magic which is always fun

>Liam playing a female child
Oh god

>Tabaxi
>furries
stfu

>watching this shit show

literally why?

>walking into a thread with a subject you already knew you didn't like
For what purpose?

>My preferred terrian is the litterbox
Oh now can we say FUCKING FURRIES!?

God damn, Ashley is fucking nailing it again
Also
>Doors: The Idiot's Enemy

to bait morons like you, just leave them alone

What is a "joke"?

Tabaxi are literally walking cat puns.

Boy are they all prepared today

Looks like the cat's out of the bag

Holy fuck this voice acting

I feel like Sam is dealing with THAT group here

I feel like Sam wanted THAT group, considering he made the characters for his players.

I think everyone is bearable so far.

>Sam rolls initiative individually for an entire bar of people
haha what a noob

No shit. My money's on that we spend the next hour (and a half) in this bar

Nah, he created the characters and probably had a say in who came.

Plus they have all been pretty good so far (Ashly seems to be the only one who isn't comfortable with DnD as a player but at least she is fun)

I cannot IMAGINE why he would pick this as his first ever DM scenario

And we've gotten to the point where no one knows how the fuck anything works

Holy shit Liam
>Well in Matt's homebrew we can do this thing that we actually can't but watev so can I do it in your game too

Please die. CR is everything that is wrong with ttrpgs.

I wondered how Scanlan doesn't know how spellcasting works, but the only spellcaster they have is Keyleth and his bard spells

>First time DM
>A bunch of players who have only played a few times
>Live on Twitch
>Set up a complicated scenario
>Nerves set in
Poor guy

I completely missed what they were trying to do, but Matt has some wonky homebrew rules.

I dont think he is trying to cheat (At least on purpose) as he just gave back some movement that he could have gotten away with

Ye I too hate people having fun! And oh god what if one person who likes it joins my group in RL and I don't have the cock and balls to tell them not to pull Crit Role legal shit!

Don't feed the trolls

God I hope this goes two parts cause it really needs some time to get going

Sam looks so fucking happy when he gets to do something new

Even Liam seems happy. Then again I cant imagine playing the same character for like 3years (450hrs of gametime at least)

"Same room, different time, different place - no, wait, same place..."

>Liam making a little girl into an edgelord
Trying to be suprised

>Sam Riegel - DM
Dropped.

Dude literally only has one setting. That's why no one should be excited to see his new character after Mercer lets them kill Vecna. It's going to be edgy and full of angst, same as every other character or campaign he's ever played or run in.

Same goes for Marisha. Whatever she makes will be shit and not played like the character should be.

WELCOME TO SAM'S MAGICAL REALM

STRIP OR DIE

so why is liam RP-ing a little cunt?

It's all he knows how to play

alright okay jesus, she needs to stop this

I go to get a drink and return to "And I slap his bare ass with my whip." What the fuck is even happening right now. This is like some horrible ERP gone wrong.

Seeing that Marisha sleept with a bunch of men while Matt watched last year, what do you think about them bringing Travis and Laura this year?

Travis does not seem like the type to enjoy that sort of thing

> Marisha sleept with a bunch of men while Matt watched last year
What's your source?

Laura is only for Travis. Anyone who challenges would be rightfully flattened.

Travis is going to fuck a bunch of women while Laura degrades them

user, this is not the place to post about your fantasies

you will never have post d&d sex with laura while she uses her shin-chan voice in bed

why must you make me feel these feelings every week

The bard I'd trying to seduce everyone.
Including the loli and the cat.
Works as intended

I never thought it was possible to play the game "wrong" until Crit Role became a thing.

Other than that, the rp and Mercer are it's only saving graces.

>Vax's edgy loli girl is a fucking death cleric
>mfw

I like it more than ACTUAL Vax, at least the turns don't go along the ways of "i use my action and then my boots give me four other actions, which I'll then use to teleport behind....."

The only reason to watch Critical Roll is to lose your last miniscule speck of faith in humanity before killing yourself. It is a gathering of hipster nu-males and screeching whores they plop at a table, add a ton of boring shit on the screen, and then proceed to laugh autistically over inane shit for 2.5 hours. It is basically a RoosterTeeth video, except with a D&D session attached. These people are the biggest faggots on the planet. Matt Mercer's homebrew is shit, he's passable at best as a DM, and the women can't do anything except make fart / period jokes because they are disgusting whores. The other fat-asses aren't much better and are likely just there for the free attention and a chance at scoring with used up voice actress cunts. If you spend your free time watching D&D, it is because you are a fucking social reject. Because you clearly cannot find a game. Because if you could find a game you would not be watching 2 to 3 hour episodes of these fags' "banter". I cannot think of anything more boring than watching some other people I don't give a fuck about, playing D&D. I'd rather paint my toenails with my dick cheese. What a fucking waste of time. I seriously hope Critical Roll charters a bus and the bus crashes and they all fucking die. I am not even memeing, I fucking hate these cocksuckers, they are more obxnoious than the Yogscast/Roosterteeth, and they are flooding our hobby with these autistic youtube gaming addicts who will fuck up your D&D campaign and whine that it should be more like Skyrim.

>Boots autist again

The boots are a holdover from Pathfinder, and Vax is using them correctly. Matt made them super fucking OP when he translated their effect from Pathfinder to 5e

critrolestats.com/blog/who-wore-it-better-boots-of-haste
>Fourth, the wearer gains an additional action to Attack, Dash, Disengage, Hide or Use an Object.

criticalrole.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
How does Vax get 3 attacks per round?
>He dual wields daggers for 2 attacks and has a custom magic item brought over from Pathfinder called boots of haste which function like the spell.

reddit.com/r/criticalrole/comments/5p45i0/no_spoilers_boots_of_haste/
>This item was created, honestly, before having a strong understanding of the Balance of 5e (as we hadn't even begun playing the edition yet). Its a bit more powerful than I originally intended, but that's my onus. Thus, the item itself would likely require tweaks should I use it in future campaigns, as a heads up.

rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/71257/how-does-vax-from-critical-role-get-three-attacks-per-round
>He dual wields daggers for 2 attacks and has a custom magic item brought over from Pathfinder called boots of haste which function like the spell.

I missed you

Wtf, there's an RPG stack exchange?

Yes, it's pretty good

Nigga I know, that don't mean it ain't annoying to watch. Probably fun as hell to play as, and maybe even fun to see on the other end of the table as a fellow player. But as a person on the other end of a screen who can autistically complain about things I hate it

Then your not bootautist. This guy sperged THE FUCK OUT over the boots last week.

That apron commerical was actually kinda funny

i'm surprised how boring this is, sam is by far the best player. guess he just didnt have a good enough idea

>How does Vax get 3 attacks per round?
I personally blame 5e
it's so un-D&D it hurts.

The problem is he is in there with a bunch of 1st/2nd time players and picked a complicated as fuck scenario

>i don't have any idea what i'm talking about!

The boots are a genuine issue, both in terms of how FUCKING LONG his turns take, and the fact that they are vastly too strong. Hell, as a rogue they promote even more min/maxing than Vax actually does with them, since he doesn't ever ready/attack for 2 sneak attacks per round.

So this is pretty much the DnD version of the song Ballroom Blitz

>Oh, I see a man at the back as a matter of fact
>His eyes are as red as the sun
>And the girl in the corner let no one ignore her
>Cause she thinks she's the passionate one

>And the girl in the corner is everyone's woman
>She could kill you with a wink of her eye

So Liam is playing the girl (A Cleric with white skin/clothes that is secretly a death cleric) that everyone seems to be after

genius.com/Sweet-ballroom-blitz-lyrics

unironically this

Youre right, i should elaborate more.
>5e and Crit Role is babby's first d&d game

It's not even that. There's just no meat to anything that's happening. So far all that's happened is they all showed up to a bar, got into a fight, Liam went edgelord, and Sam introduced his magical realm. There's no real plot to be had, or at least whatever plot there was went out the window with the beginning of a now two+ hour fight. I actually kinda feel bad for that one guy who's entirely new to D&D. This is going to be his first memory of it and it's absolutely shit compared to what could have been if Sam had done literally almost anything else. Even a premade adventure of a milk run.

>55165890
0/10

Agreed, more or less.
The women are awful, there are never consequences for their actions, it's annoying.

motherfucker

The man with eyes "as red as a sun" is probably an Efreet.

The girl "in the corner" is probably the one who rode into town with the horse and ran over that old lady.

Liam was trying to warn Brian's character to be careful before the fight broke out (something to the effect of, "don't be near me right now") to match up with the lyrics of:

> And the girl in the corner said
>Boy, I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz

And now people are starting to drop like flies as patrons die off and the PCs are starting to get ready to leave, being a more morbid version of:

> And the band started leaving
> Cause they all stopped breathing

That's pretty cool.

Am I overthinking it or does this part fit as well

I'm reaching out for something
Touching nothing is all I ever do
Oh, I softly call you over
When you appear there's nothing left of you, aha

>Drunk grabs Liam's character
>She mutters under her breath
>Uses a spell that disintegrated him

It could match, and said spell was Inflict Wounds at 2nd level, which can certainly do enough Necrotic damage vs. a commoner to "disintegrate" them.

>Person who plays a Bard bases an entire one off around a song

I love Sam so much

>Vax's edgy death cleric loli girl is now also a demonic cultist
HELP

>Demonic cultist

No, she's a cleric for a God of Oblivion, there's a difference.

Still counts as a drink user

there's literally not

Not arguing that, but I'd prefer to drink for the right reasons.

Just looked at this stream, who's the qt3.14 on the bottom right?