who has large amount of liquidity? banks

Bitcoin Cash
>scaling via increased block sizes
>reduces fees / time waiting short term
>larger blocks needed as adoption increases

end result - centralization

everyday people can't afford to run an increasingly growing network
encouraging mining to become more centralized
Does any variant of Bitcoin have a future without serious centralization?
starting to feel like IOTA is the way to go

Other urls found in this thread:

dymaxion.burst.cryptoguru.org/The-Burst-Dymaxion-1.00.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_lVBLUjXk
medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
txhighway.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>lightning network
here's a redpill for ya

ARK

>>scaling via segwit2x and lightning network
lol yeah it totally has that hahaha
inb4 just x months away

dymaxion.burst.cryptoguru.org/The-Burst-Dymaxion-1.00.pdf

>Trash/Trash+

yeah I can't imagine LN implementation ending well

not saying it'll necessarily have it soon,
but SW / LN are the main ways of scaling BTC everyone talks about

as far as I know miners dont want to increase block sizes on BTC

>the main ways of scaling BTC shills, sockpuppets and brainwashed normies talk about
BTC wont solve the fee problem anytime soon and it will crash like the shitcoin it is
i sure hope you're not holding any bags when the exodus starts

BCH is the real Bitcoin

so are you pro BCH or another alt?
and why?

how can either BTC or BCH claim to be anything when they fail to be a distributed network

BCH is getting merchant adoption
BTC is getting fudded over legitimate issues in MSM and LN is a centralized clusterfuck if it ever works and poor people will be priced out of ever really owning their own wallet because merely sending to your wallet and setting up a channel is cost prohibitive.
/thread

in defense of LN,

if most people are transacting off chain, then the on chain network will be far less cluttered
so fees will go down

What do you guys think will happen to BTCs price after the fork tomorrow?
Or what happened to its price when BCH came out?

It would, but it would relative to how it is now where people don't actually use it as a currency and adoption is still very low. If BTC was actually used as a payment system through LN and was adopted world wide to any economically significant degree, the clutter from people simply setting up payment channels or moving large sums on-chain ("digital gold" usage) and bundled LN settlement transactions would far exceed current day traffic.

>Left
>Owned by the banks
>Segwit increased the fees and transaction times, rather than reducing them
>Lightning network requires channels to be opened at a high fee, so to buy your drink at that shitty gas station you will never visit again, you have to pay 30+ dollars to open a lighting pipe.
>Complete fucking incompetent Soyboys working on it. Only have not crashed the whole system is that they got a complete product to start on.

>Right
>Original Bitcoin
>Block size increases scalability
>Can be pushed up for years before a problem occurs in order to a solution to be found
>Cheap transactions
>Fast transactions
>Decentralized not own by the banks
>The coin that started everything and makes them banks shit them selves.

>this video is not mentioned at all

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ_lVBLUjXk

the eventual winner is Ripple.

proof-of-work is a stupid expensive toy that wastes a lot of electricity and requires inflation or outrageous fees. The market can see that, that's why Ripple wasn't affected by the last correction.

Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa. The validators are run by 10s of reputable non-related public and private entities in different countries (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Telindus-Proximus Group, Bahnhof, ...)

a similar video inspired this thread in the first place

why isn't IOTA the natural replacement of Bitcoin?

and bcash is 100x more centralized than bitcoin.

IOTA can't function without a central server they call the coordinator. It's very centralized.

medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d

Because bitcoin doesnt need replacement, people just need to stop using the fake bitcoin, known as Core.

If ripple, then why not stellar which is a superior version?
And when ethereum shards with POS, or even gets nested child chains via plasma, which should happen earlier than sharding, why not simply ethereum? It will have orders of magnitude higher tx/s than cripple.

that and the central coordinator is spam attackable
its garbage vapourware. if any DAG coin wins, byteball and raiblocks have far better chances.

>It will have orders of magnitude higher tx/s than cripple.

nope, not even PoS can make ethereum fast enough for the real world. Read Vitalik's tweet.

>why not stellar

it's a shitty fork of Ripple, just like bcash.

Whats he implying?

"The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed. Since no new XRP can ever be created, this makes XRP more scarce and benefits all holders of XRP by making XRP more valuable."

wrong pic

>Decentralized not own by the banks

Ya just owned by China instead

Anyone can mine it. Open your own mining operation.

Its also fiat.Fuck ripple.

Ripple's supply is fixed. The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed. Since no new XRP can ever be created, this makes XRP more scarce and benefits all holders of XRP by making XRP more valuable.

Fix until they decide to print more which they can do anytime they feel like, such as when the banks that own them tell them to.

Microsoft and bitcoin have something big coming.

Microsoft is a dying brand.

nope, it's part of the protocol. Ripple is open source. All the entities who purchased xrp wouldn't simply upgrade to such protocol.

This is like saying Core devs can just increase the 21 million cap.

>Since no new XRP can ever be created, this makes XRP more scarce and benefits all holders of XRP by making XRP more valuable.
Your confidence while expressing your retarded opinions astounds me. I must say, I am curious, is this how you view the world?

>They wont, let me list an example of another coin owned by banks.

>Bitcoin

nice adhom faggot, try defending your PoW slow expensive coin instead.

>tries to pass lies as written down facts
>gets called out on his stupidity
>immediately cries ad hominem
Veeky Forums's finest

outdated trashcoin vs scam trashcoin

this

>rekt by indisputable facts
>"you are lying :(((("

non-argument

Bcash is most greedy ASIC cartel miners + Roger "uber shill" Ver. Good luck with that company.

I like BCH over BTC
>why?
i've been watching the debate unfold over the years, and it's pretty clear that something's fishy about the arbitrary 1MB limit.
even if 2nd layer solutions are eventually necessary, it is INSANE for a dev team to allow their product to stay broken while working on the magical fix.
>but muh centralization
this is another non-argument. we can clearly see that whoever is controlling the bitcoin core repo is a single point of control. so they're essentially protecting us from hypothertical miner centralization by giving us actual developer centralization

but in the end, i think this civil war might kill BTC and an alt will take over. i'm not a maximalist

And tomorrow every Core miner could switch to it and it would be the entire mining syndicate. Anyone can mine it. Only people with vast sums of money can run a masternode.

bch is way better for small miners since you can actually withdraw every day instead of waiting months for income.

It's still ASIC or die.

>scaling via segwit2x and lightning network
segwit != segwit2x

what is the problem with asics?

Imagine crypto like a highway, with traffic on it. BTC is a road no longer fit for purpose because of too much increased traffic, but the people who control the road refuse to widen it.

Bcash is like deliberately driving into a dead end street because you thought there might be a traffic jam up ahead.

so what do you think would be the best method of expanding the network?

i know they're different, but 2x is one of the main ways people want to scale BTC

>nope, not even PoS can make ethereum fast enough for the real world. Read Vitalik's tweet.
I didn't say PoS alone.
PoS with sharding beats ripple in orders of magnitude. Plasma as a semi-side-chain solution has the potential to scale far beyond a million tx/s.

thanks

ARK

In the California Gold Rush, the people who got rich were the suppliers. Core can simply release a blocksize increase if they're in any danger or Ethereum could end up being the one to flip BTC, so why risk losing everything when you could play all sides against each other by buying Kucoin Shares? The exchanges are the ones really making the big bucks in the crypto world, not individual traders.

>KCS is only 2x ICO price right now
>Kucoin is rapidly increasing in popularity, aggressively adding new coins, and has no withdrawal limit
>Holders get 50% to 15% of Kucoin's revenue as dividends paid in coins
>Holders get reduced trading fees for every 1k Kucoin they hold, up to -30% (Binance gives 50% savings for using BNB now, but that will decrease to 25% next year)
>KCS's value increases as Kucoin becomes more popular

Fuck the drama and simply sit back and relax with Kucoin.
Use my referral code: 1ch6a

>Imagine crypto like a highway
txhighway.com