What are elven crime rates like?

What are elven crime rates like?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Elaith_Craulnober
youtube.com/watch?v=yFINmgSzK6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Being a elf is a crime

Near 100%

/pol/ can tell you all about FBI crime statistics, user.

"Standard" crime is probably all but absent, being practiced only by the young, the desperate, and those with a mental draw to it. Elf lives are just too long for the trade to be worth it. If a human gets a felony, gets (nonfatally) shot by their would-be victim, or ruins their good name, they have, at best, 60-70 years to regret it
An elf gets to regret their mistakes for several hundred years, and they know it.

Now, so-called "White Collar" crime is probably fucking rampant, but might not even be considered crime since fucking everybody is doing it. Being cheated by another, more jewish elf is just the elvish way of saying "git gud"

Probably horrific, considering social mobility in their society basically requires murdering those above you to make room unless you want to wait 500 years for someone to retire. Underclasses would be blood curdling. Imagine having to move crates or suck cocks to make ends meet every day for half a millennium. You'd have no soul left.

No wonder there are so many half-elves. Every poor elf with two brain cells to rub together moves to human lands to snag a spouse above their station.

Most crime is done by drow

You'd also have the issues of all those really old petty crimes still being actively enforced.
You know how jaywalking is illegal in most places? Imagine if the people who wrote and passed that law were STILL around, STILL in power, and STILL having it actively enforced. Or hell, instead of irrelevant laws from 150~ years ago, imagine irrelevant laws from the 15-600s still being actively enforced.

Do drow technically even have "crime"? I feel like you need laws for that

Town guards disproportionately target Drow men.

There's probably plenty of laws that commoners have to obey.

They'd probably all get bumped off long before that. Ambitious upstarts + making one wrong enemy.

Massively under reported

They have laws.

Well, I don't know. Veeky Forums, how many crimes do you commit?

I would hope there is a lot of rape, and murder.

Amongst the City-Elves, or Half-Elves, the crime rate is much higher than the native human populations. In fact, the crime rate has been so much higher for such a long period of time, it is generally presumed that the law of the kingdom is not applied to them at all. Elves receive no due process, and generally have almost no rights whatsoever. Predictably, this results in the occasional pogrom, sometimes state-sanctioned, sometimes from the angered peasantry.
In return, city-elves thieve upon their perceived oppressors, often start race riots, and generally clog up the gears of the system. City-elves have a perceived law of their own, more so a code of honor, enforced by the very criminal gangs that thieve and smuggle and fight the kingdom's law. City-elves are also, somewhat ironically, deeply religious.

High Elves don't have crime.

Realistically, Elven life spans will have pushed mores to the point that most normative behavior is legal. Fringe or undesirable behaviors would instead be disincentivized by peer pressure, which should be titanically immense amongst an insular in-group of fucking borderline immortals. Imagine being shunned for multiple centuries while short-timers flash and die around you like gnats.

The only really illegal shit will be those things which cannot be tolerated -- those which threaten the continued existence of the tribe, its culture, and its constituent members. Elves would likely rehabilitate as much as possible, whether through reeducation, sacrificial behavior, or outright coercive reprogramming. An elf is just too valuable an individual resource to cull unless all other avenues are exhausted.

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Elaith_Craulnober

#DrowLivesMatter

>moon elemental takes pleasure on killing drow and advancing humanity despite not being human.

They live in a society with all positions held by experienced people who saw the birth of dozens of generations and won't give up power or even die.
No wonder dark elves come about so often, all it takes is one of those old fucks from the time of legends to get fucked over by the system for political reasons and then you get an army of pissed youth being led by a disgruntled old captain waging civil war.

and this is why they dont fuck humans, and why half elves are shunned, 20 years of fun for a millennia of being the pie fucker.

Dude, not even drow think drow lives matter.

Good job.

... Less

They matter in the same way as the the lives of the termites you've hired an exterminator to kill matter

Rich elves commit more crimes than poor humans

How many of us can honestly say that at one time or another he hasn't set fire to some great public building?

They are called Duergar

Are you calling Drows, niggers?

It's based on age. A 20-year old elf is roughly 3 times as likely to commit a crime as a 20-year old human, it balances out around 50, and the real old fucks hardly do anything, let alone crimes.

I haven't.
The biggest thing I set fire to was a length of rope that had some ants on it. I still feel bad about it.

are we talking standard CG elves?

are we talking amongst their own societies? or within others?

I think elves would have crime rates so low in their own areas, that they would barely have laws. But put some elves (particularly young ones who don't know other societies) in among other people, and you'd have trouble pretty quickly. Likewise, adding non-elves to their societies would also increase crime, on the elves end as well (they don't want these invaders in their lands/villages).

Aw fuck.

Get the dwarf out.

>are we talking standard CG elves?
>are we talking amongst their own societies? or within others?
No, we are talking about nebulous "elves" that do and do not exist across several settings and in the combined headcanon of anyone in this thread, which get mixed up into one contradictionary creature that would be confused about its own existence as much as anyone else.
Depends on the setting?

>Play the race card all you want, it's still illegal to shove spiders in people's asses.

I feel like this post, by itself, needs to be screencapped and posted without context in as many places as possible

Like japan
youtube.com/watch?v=yFINmgSzK6E

Those laws were never enforced even when they were new.

Very perfect, like most elven things.

I set fire to a crack house once. Does that count?

Man I remember seeing this art for the first time and thinking it was absolute garbage. I still do. Where is this from again?

t. Elf

The 3.xE Forgotten Realms Campaign Set. And yes, fuck the 3.x World of Warcraft elf ears.

Mah boi

Elves are not real, stop being so autistic.

t. angry sperg