mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy
tcdecks.net/format.php?format=Legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/i_VLFZhfrBQ?t=1m1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Selling/Buying to convert my decks over is taking forever. I already have the LEDs should I just eat the 200 and build dredge until landstill is done?

What is the best way to build up to grixis delver? Are there viable stepping stone decks along the way (like burn into ur delver into grixis)?

not really, almost the entirety of the cost is in fetches/duals/forces, which are really necessary for breaking into legacy to begin with. If anything, delver is the stepping stone because the rest of the deck is dirt cheap but you still get to acquire forces and duals

Me, I'd try building a spicy jank pile, and try and win the store credit for cards. I've been surprised with what I've managed to win with.

>tfw too poor to get into Legacy
>tfw no one to even play Legacy with
>tfw still lurk these threads almost every day

>"are now"
lol what

What did he mean by this?

Well my spicy jank pile was on the chopping block and is getting sold off with some other stuff to build standstill. Its just taking forever because i am using a few regional facebook groups to sell

I should add, the LEDs are in my current only complete pile, oops all spells with a charbelcher sideboard plan

Can I get some feedback on this deck? Looking to casually play with friends running sword forge mystic 5 swords deck and a birthing pod deck without getting stomped.

I know that feel. I grew up poor and couldn't go to events.

Now events in my general area happen but I'm too poor to finish off decks the way I'd like (goddamn Flusterstorm for instance is expensive as shit) and my only nearby playgroup is made up of filthy casuals who are even bigger poorfags.

I'll bet you check out streamed tournaments too - what decks would do you think you'd try main given the choice?

Ditch the fast mana stuff like Geosurge, Rite of Flame and Seething Song.

Replace those with Monastery Swiftspear, Harsh Mentor and Soul-Scar Mage.

Also get Price of Progress, Chain Lightning and Fireblast.

>tfw even though I can afford Legacy nobody else can
Why even bother? I just want to play a fun competitive format.

Theres nothing to talk about because this format fucking sucks

Ah poorfags. Go and stay go.

Thanks for the advice, Im still workshopping it heavily so Im glad I asked now.

Friendly reminder that namefags are killing this general.

Stop using my name please and we actually use names like moot intended so I don't see the problem.

Lol

Nice pick OP. I just ordered blood moon.

Lol nah i have an EDH deck worth like $2000 and several Modern decks and a Standard deck. I still wouldnt ever play Legacy because its the worst MTG format.

If you work on aqurining the Volcs and Forces first you can play UR Delver pretty cheap

Ordered German FBB Mountains for Burn, but I'm open to other non-foil options as well. No Beta, Arabian Nights or unsets.

>i have an EDH deck worth like $2000
Good for you, that still pretty much makes you a poorfag by legacy standards. Pretty much any tier one blue deck is going to cost a lot more than that.

Chinamen fakes

WHICH ONE DO I SHOOT?! TELL ME SOMETHING ONLY THE REAL DDFT WOULD KNOW!

All Spells is great for winning some creds. That's what got me into Legacy, really; shame I'm not doing any better with AnT, but what can you do? Bad player, hostile meta, etc.

Turn that frown upside down! There are proxy events at a lot of places; any chance you've got one near you?

Obvious troll is obvious. Ours is the only format in which aggro and/or two decks isn't half the format. Also,

>several Modern decks and a Standard deck

Did you get it for 20 cents? :D

Something the real DDFT would know? Doomsday is worse than other storm variants right now.

>Doomsday is worse than other storm variants right now.
Even SI?

Eh probably not. One of my teammates likes to play SI and I think it's a bit better than he sometimes makes it look (he just doesn't have the reps needed) but it is probably the worst of the storm variants right now.

I prefer formats where creatures are viable and most games are won through combat. The combat step is the step for me.

You're in luck then. Most of the popular legacy decks win primarly via the combat step. Delver variants, DnT, stoneblade, Czech pile, all of them use the combat step.

And if you want to go deeper, elves, red stompy, eldrazi, nic fit, 4c loam, maverick, and dead guy ale also all use the combat step. If you want to get technical, dark depths, SnT, and infect use the combat step too! You'd love this format!

Sound's like a tragically slow but viable plan.

Seconding what the others said. You'd be surprised: Legacy really isn't like what the "BAAAAAH—ROHKEN, Huehuehue" crew at Wizzerds would have you believe.

The funny thing is that that's what I thought it would be when I jumped into the format, and I was wrong.

Yeah, it's kinda funny that Legacy gets that rap. Sure, you can occasionally die to Storm, Reanimator, or [insert random combo deck] having the nuts on turn one, but that isn't the norm. The most successful (and popular) decks in the format are by in large fair, blue, and creature based. Some of us are just masochists that like playing janky combo and/or non-blue decks, and this is the format where your dreams can be memes.

At the tournament I went to last weekend I didn't get a single kill before turn 3. I stormed off for goblins on t2 one time but didn't actually win with them until t5 or 6

The funny thing to me is when people die to aggro-control in Modern on turn 4 and they make the same complaints, only they die to bad cards with easy workarounds.

Or when they die to combo decks on turn 6 in Legacy, then quit the format because they didn't win in spite of their Forces.

same

also really want to build parfait now

vexing devils aren't as good as you might think but then again it's casual so nevermind

Where is the best place to buy FBB?
I tried ordering some off abugames and was sent regular white bordered ones

isn't there a facebook group that deals in high price magic card trading/buying? I don't know, I only buy fakes

I had the engine already and got the rest of the cards cheap. Enjoying the deck alot. Im playing a w/u/r parfait.

>Or when they die to combo decks on turn 6 in Legacy, then quit the format because they didn't win in spite of their Forces.

Good. We need fewer of these salty shitters, better they sell out to someone that understands and enjoys the format.

I should really take an updated picture of this deck. The lack of Solitary Confinement in the main is starting to bug me. I doubted that card but once I started running it again I realized how powerful it is. Also the Plateaus are just bad.

shouldn't parait always run Path instead of Plow because of the potential land tax trigger?
I have a playset of Plot and need to pick up Paths...

And helms, tutors, RiPs, moxes and blood moon ._.

Why do you think modern is better than legacy? Don't you enjoy midrange grindy games at all?

Plow is still better because it doesn't give them the option of playing around Blood Moon. If they're trying to play under Tax they can still choose not to search a basic, and the life-gain is pretty irrelevant when your goal is to Rip/Helm them.

Path is probably better in UW Parfait, though it would make Back to Basics worse if you chose to run it.

has it right, your opponents life total is generally irrelevant for most Parfait builds.

youtu.be/i_VLFZhfrBQ?t=1m1s

>G2 against TES opponent tries to kill me with Telemin Performance.
>Gets a Canonist instead
>Looks at it for a second and then scoops
>This is after I won G1 with a T2 Trinisphere I tutored in response to his discard
Fun stuff

thanks bros

how many lands/mana sources do you usually accumulate before being ready to go off?

>how many lands/mana sources do you usually accumulate before being ready to go off?
It's not really a combo deck, so it depends entirely on the situation.

Against decks without counter magic or abrupt decay, you usually just combo as soon as you can with only 4-5 lands. Other times you'll want backup from Chant before you commit anything so you wait a lot longer.

Then there's those weird games where you cast Charbelcher on turn 3, use it to kill your opponent's dudes for a few turns while Tax thins your decks, and then finally point it at him.

earlier today there were like 16 $6 OG unmasks on amazon. apparently in the time it took me to play an fnm and then come home to test unmask in tin fins, some one bought them ALL and i am tilting out rn

I bought full Sneak&Show (all variants) yesterday. How do I gitgud? Even turn 1 deciding which land to play can be a difficult choice that loses you the game

Read/watch as much content about the deck as you can find, jam as many games as you can and take notes. This should show you what pitfalls/play errors you are making and how to correct them. This should have you playing the deck like a pro in a few months depending on how often you get to jam games.

Literally the only thing it's +EV to play around is Daze, you should have your own force/pierce vs force often enough, otherwise you just jam. Just fetch basic Island everytime blind and cantrip into the other mana needed, duals if the matchup doesn't involve Wastelands.

Played match up vs a modern junk deck yesterday (no one had legacy with them so will be testing later), I lost most of the games.
Any tips on how to play vs thoughtseize, I tried hiding pieces with brainstorm but I drew a 2nd emra a couple of times making it hard to decide qhat to put back on top (since my opponent could decide to have me discard an emra and shuffle my deck)

If you're having trouble beating one or 2 pieces of targeted discard you are probably either mulliganing poorly or cantripping poorly.

Live to bump
Bump to live

Secret tips for playing parfait the hottest deck right now?

Does black vise and winter orb still do work? What would be the best framework for such a deck?

Probably UBx handrape.dec, play some Chrome Moxes so it's easier to play arond Orb and go to town.
Play them in a Tezzeret deck

I think a big part of fighting through discard is in mulligans, as said. For example, with all-in decks like Charbelcher, you're probably going to want to keep hands with a second win-con, even though against non-disruptive decks you don't want more than one.

Regarding the Emrakul problem, it's actually not a problem to lose your 'yard and the cards you put back; you're going to lose the best thing in your hand to a Thoughtseize anyway, so you're not really losing anything you wouldn't be losing already if they shuffle away your topdecks. You can mind-game your opponent a bit by putting back something irrelevant; they have to gamble over whether to hit the power-card in your hand or the one you (might have) topdecked.

Also, I don't think you should worry too much about losing one combo piece unless they're likely to have a second discard spell. You've got the full cantrip suite and eight enablers in the orthodox SneakShow list, so rebuilding shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I love when you brainstorm in response to discard and next-level someone by bluffing what you put back. A week or two ago I was playing a storm mirror on MTGO. Game 2 my opponent probed and saw my double flusterstorm, dark ritual and cantrips. Then they therapied, I brainstormed and put back ritual and a cantrip. They named ritual on the therapy like a chump. But it doesn't always work out that well.

Can I namefag too?

Only if you post a picture of your deck

this

>Go to check out tiny hobby store in the corner of town that does FNM drafts and stardard
>Arrive, talk to owner for a bit
>Place is a huge mess, looks like he had to re-arrange entire back area
>Apparently people don't always show up, pretty sparse business
>Ask about singles
>He takes out a binder, open it and on the first page is 2 Useas, a Grindstone, a Painters Servant and a Dack
I wanna buy in so bad, but I don'g wanna spens thousands on a deck I'll never get to play.

welp, just spent hundreds of dollars on cardboard

feels good man

Nice! Did you buy into the UW or WR build? Or maybe you built one of the spicy 3 color versions?

WR for now, we shall see how it goes

That's interesting; why didn't you put back one Flusterstorm just to be safe? I would've probably put back Fluster and Ritual (the order depends), but I don't know what the rest of your board looked like (Fetches and whatnot).

A question for the floor: for people playing Storm variants, what's been your experience running Flusterstorm out of the board? I keep thinking I want to try it, but an extra Cabal Therapy seems to be working fine, and I'd rather buy a Scrubland for $90.

Apropos of nothing, my gf just got me a Cao Cao, Lord of Wei, ostensibly for use in Commander. Would it be sick tech against heavy control in game 2? Pic related.

Post deck pics senpai

Re: why I didn't make the safe play, the answer is twofold: I'd seen some play mistakes from them g1 and thought I could next-level them, and also because I like to live on the edge.

Re: flusterstorm, I like it in the board if you're expecting to play combo mirrors. I think it's kind of a trap against blue decks although it can be ok. Back in the miracles era it was better because my postboard plan rarely involved winning the turn I cast doomsday, so it didn't nonbo with LED as badly. I like to play the control role in the storm mirror so it feels good there, but the extra discard is more general purpose. Lately I've been big on IOK as the sideboard discard spell.

I've tried out 2x Fluterstorm in TES; I wasn't a fan and have since switched those slots in the SB to Defense Grid. Lots of line in TES make reactive spells bad and proactive spells good. For example, most lines that involve Infernal Tutor are not going to allow you to keep Flusterstorm up even if you have the blue mana to cast it. It's far more likely your able to fire off a Duress/Therapy/Thoughtseize the turn you go all in on IT. The only lines that come to mind where you could hold it up were some Ad Nauseum Line and some of the more off the wall Burning Wish and Past in Flames plays. The only lines I'd argue it was good in where PIF lines where you threatened to flash it back to protect yourself, but discard would have served the same purpose if not been better due to utility in earlier turns. I could see it being decent in the Storm mirror, but it's going to be difficult to keep it in you hand with all the discard you'd face. Overall I think more discard, hateful permanents like Defense Grid, or removal are better choices than Flusterstorm in the SB.

Thanks for the feedback, gents! I think I'll save up for Scrub instead at this point.

Inquisition sounds pretty sweet; in what matchups do you use it? I've considered it, but I don't like not being able to hit Flusterstorm or Mindbreak Trap with it.

I'm running straight Grix AnT right now, because seriously, fuck four colors. Thinking I might try to make room for an eighth discard in the sideboard as well; I feel like it's a lot better than people give it credit for being, but the wall of discard from Grix Delver/Pyro/whatever (they're pretty much the same deck) is making me wonder whether there's something I can run to counteract it. I'm already on double-Past in Flames maindeck.

I like IOK because even though it doesn't hit force it hits thalia and canonist and Leovold. AgainSt blue it hits most of their sideboard spells, and you still have 6 or 7 other discard spells for force. Once in a while you'll find yourself in a situation where you do because it can't take force, but sometimes you'll IOK them and realize you need to take a threat and duress can't do that. I like it better than therapy Vs chalice decks because postboard you're usually losing the lockpiece guessing game with blind therapy.

Does anyone want to discuss how much of a huge faggot I am? God, I hate myself so much, but I go on this anonymous imageboard posting with an identifier just to get approval from other shitstains to validate my shitty deck choice.

Nice bait fag. Now do us a favor and KYS.

You know all your possibly going to achieve is forcing people to use actual tripcodes so people can't impersonate them. In essence, your going to force more namefagging instead of eliminating it.

I actually post about half the time without a name. I don't really care if people impersonate me. It just bumps the thread.

Same here, I just find this sort of shit juvenile. It's literally the least create type of trolling one could attempt. I'm fine with trolling, this shit is just lazy.

Then how about you don't post with a name you attention whoring retard? Notice how nobody posts with "grixis delver" or "czech pile" as their name. Because its only shitters that force their garbage meme decks and want everyone to know. Guess what, nobody gives a shit.

>notice me parfait senpai.

I don't mind going up on wincons, but the lack of Zuran Orb or any answer to non-land permanents is a mistake. 3 Moons might be overkill, too, at least in the maindeck.

> being this triggered by namefags who don't even use avatars or tripcodes and actually contribute to the threads

No u. You think we do this to stroke our egos? We post with names specifically BECAUSE we play less common decks and BECAUSE we want to talk to people about them. You want to learn something about Grixis Delver or another common deck, you do a google search. You want to learn about or play a more uncommon or meta deck? good luck, there won't be much out there unless the deck has already picked up a lot of traction. Some of us like playing the less obvious deck choices or brew shit because we like the challenge of attacking the meta from non standard angles.

Can someone explain to me how this wins? Is it just elspeth or am I missing something

RIP+Helm exiles your opponent's entire deck

Ahhhh. I see now.
Seems like a fun deck, I might try to put one together

Reminder that it's okay to use Shocks and slowly build up to Duals

What's your sideboard look like?

No Charbelcher?

THIS THIS THIS !
BIG RED DADDY IS RIGHT

Probably the should just start using avatars AND tripcodes and the troll baby will drown on frothing sputum in an autistic fit of rage.
Holy shit what's with everyone wanting to play parfait? Is this the new nourishing lich?

I picked up UW Parfait a while back when somebody posted a deck pic on here. The deck looked fucking sweet and I had pretty much everything I needed to play it already sitting around. It's also a deck that lets me play my Moat MB, so it's got that going for it too. As far as others picking it up, its a sub $1k deck that is interactive and reasonably competitive when tuned to the expected meta. I've done surprisingly well with it over the past 2 months, I'm currently sitting at 7-3-2 in random pickup games, so it's not bad at all for a budget legacy deck. There's also the fact that the archetype isn't well explored yet, nobody has really delved into the 3 color options yet, so its a great deck to brew and try new tech with.

I've always had a thing for prison-y decks (pox is my other legacy deck, and I've been playing Ponza in modern). maybe I should buiild parfait too...