What does your character want?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pussy

His god damn money.

Some time alone so he can masturbate

Smite evil.

Experience a great adventure with her friends and slaughter those that oppose or harm them, revelling in the rush of bloodlust.

In b4 Vir

An opportunity to get played

To punch that dragon in the face

To answer the challenge leveled at him all those years ago.

To kick out a pair of meddling elder species from our galaxy, ideally with the help of a bunch of other younger species. So you can start helping with that by kindly fucking off.

To keep his virginity

To stop the evil shaman from using the cursed matrioshka dolls to sacrifice Moscow to Satan. That was the sole reason Ded Moroz taught him ice magic.

To kill his father and take his place as chief of the tribe

To unleash the crawling chaos Nyarlathotep unto the world, all the while keeping his suit clean.

To hold hands with cute girls

To fly!

he simply wants to watch the world thrown into the state of chaos it's done to him. he's a total pushover though, he's a theif for god sake.

To take back his father's land from the Thularians who stole it. To kill every last one of their soldiers and missionaries, and grind their bones into the dust. To wrack the continent from end to end with flame until not one hint of their ideology remains. To trap the souls of their leaders in little stones to play music with the suffering of their immortal spirits.

to bang the qt wizard slut in the party

To watch the universe plunge into darkness with all the Gods dead

And then be rebuilt by his own God as all the souls are reincarnated and given a chance to not fuck up this time

My character is an aimless mess of drunkenness and honour -- honour that defies the crushing weight of cultural opinion in feudal not!Japan. He wants to do what is right, what is honourable, but he can't and never will.

Right now, he wants to see these bandit gangs face each other in battle, so they may cut each other down honourably. Then he wants to kill the lord. Fairly, of course. Everything is fair.

Of course none of that is true because I instantly drop my spaghetti as soon as I start speaking and end up doing what would generically "help" the party.

More vampire teeth and werewolf pelts.

To find her master, complete her training and become an assassin.

Peace, freedom, justice and security.

To rule the world.

And then what?

I'm not really sure. Probably settle down, raise a family, continue the line. As long as his stead's safety is guaranteed, I don't think it much matters.

To retire peacefully, building and maintaining boats.
Maybe get the Dracolich and Doppelganger out of his head.

> Short-term
More money, more cyberware, more fun.
And some new friends to party with; her old ones totally flaked on her, nyah.

> Long-term
A cute daughter, and to retire to the hills to be a shrine maiden.
No, she doesn't know what 'maiden' means. She thinks it has something to do with maids.

I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

>nyah
what did he mean by this

I'd like to hear more about this.

> to my new empire

Yep, pretty much my character

To have the ability to disobey orders, and just say no in general.

To make one of his waifus real
For the Lizardman and Alpha Legion operative to stop flirting
The position of Chief Engineer
To fix the space ship

So I have a question I want some input on and don't know where else to ask it. I have a character who was once traditionally heroic, had the goal of overthrowing the evil empire and whatnot, but slid into apathy and/or outright hostility towards his original cause. I can't decide if that's because he succeeded in his immediate goal but ultimately changed nothing (say, killed the emperor, succession continued without fuss) or failed in such a way that made clear he didn't have a chance to begin with (beaten into the ground by guards the instant he entered the palace, found out the emperor knew about his plot all the time). I think the first makes more sense from a logical standpoint, but I kind of prefer the latter for the sense of complete futility.

Why not combine the two? He was an unwitting pawn used by a rotten claimant to overthrow the previous ruler, who then discarded the "hero" after securing his own rule. Works best if the hero had to do something dishonorable or with terrible unintended consequences along the way.

A meaningful purpose.

Weeb-shit catfolk.

To be noticed by Asmodeus Sempai.

best post. should be first post.

Get enough money to buy a house and never have to travel again.

To kill all goblins, and become a lich. not necessarily in that order.

An end to the war and a family

Knowledge of the occult and to eventually raise the dead.

To crush his enemies, to see them driven before him, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

To make a fully functional robot eventually, but more short term is to make a mech suit, roughly 15ft tall variants. DMs custom world is post apocalypse by over 10,000 years since the event. My character is a Tinkerer and I was given an old 15-20ft tall mech with books from a hidden planar vault. I get to try to decipher these books and make the mech work.

To go home.
But she doesn't know the way.

To stop having to deal with the petty whims of angels and the devourers they hate so dearly(which isn't helped by the fact that through necromancy he kinda combined his soul with s high ranking angel trying to just assimilate its knowledge), and become the necromancer merchant he just wanted to be at the beginning of the campaign.

To build giant robots.

Occult knowledge, at first.
Now he wants a way to cast down the invisible puppeteers who've been guiding humanity into war with the non-humans, so that maybe all the races can finally work towards a peaceful coexistence, or at least not be controlled by Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain-tier asshats.

A goal. Something to put his faith in. Something to make him whole.

>77766
How about that full house you just got? Would that work?

To save his sister and help her back to their farm.

Ayy, fellow robot builder. My tinker is actually my second character with the goal. First was a battlesmith dwarf whose goal was more specificially make the warforged for the universe. Ended up becoming infected by a Lich and just became a Wight Lord who commanded the zombie invasion of a city that killed 3 million. Worked for me

A drink
Unlimited ammo and a license to kill
Not necessarily in that order

Why does everyone Virpost? Londo had the best answer.

>I want it all back, the way that it was!
[REVANCHISM INTENSIFIES]

To earn a place in history

To live forever or die trying.

All she wants is knowledge. The greatest currency for her is secrets. Whether personal or public knowledge, the more she learns the better.

To get out of fucking Barovia.

Death and Meaning.

To become HUGE

To come back to life and stop being a ghost.

The sweet release of death

A worthy sequel.

To open the best goddamn restaurant in all the lands, and to make the greatest meal that will give him his sense of taste back.

I DON'T WANT TO CURE THE PLAGUE!
I JUST WANT TO TURN PEOPLE INTO MONSTERS!

Regrow fur on face, make friends, quiet life away from the church and the inquisition, a kickass mithril falchion and a brace of double-barreled sawnoff shotguns

she has none of these things, but the rest of the party might become friends

The thrill and adventure of hunting evil

Survival, perpetual survival, and to build a legacy which will also endure forever.

to be come the real bitch queen

To deliver the book on time

To bang out

In after Vir.

To be a wizard.
I'm currently playing a wizard's familiar who won a bet with his wizard and now gets to 'be the wizard' for a year of adventures, permanently enlarged in size. The wizard is permanently reduced in size and pretends to be his familiar's familiar.

So far it's a hit with my group.

To find, catalog, and eat every single creature in the Monster Manual.

To win battles and glory in the Emperor's name.

To start a tobacco shop.

The only correct answer

To create a super intelligent ai and have it lead society

Leave this place. They are not for you. Go. Leave. Now.

To ensure the continuation of life by entertaining the gods though ceaseless bloodshed, as gods are fickle nd capricious beasts.

She just wants to go home.

To destroy the Shadows.

She wants her nation sovereign.

>What does your character want?
To know who I am.

You remember the Centauri's answer? Okay take that, but then just keep doing it until there are no fucking humans left.

this

B5, cgi aside, was fucking great

Establishing a blacksmithing monopoly and save the world.

Remember, the CGI of Babylon 5 was cutting edge for it's time.

To regrow his lost eye.

To take my people back to the stars

to MAKE CENTAURI PRIME GREAT AGAIN

He wants to say goodbye to Tommen. I didnt mean for you to die, Tommen. Are you still well, in the land of the dead? Are you happy? What is it that you see? Will you please forgive me?

To make everyone's lives better, even the bad guys.
He actually convinced a thug to become a caravan guard through humor, compliments, and persuasion (and some good rolls) instead of the party just beating him up for intimidating and extorting money from a villager.

She's a foxgirl, and foxes go 'nyah', nyah.

I don't beleive you.

youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE