Kickstarter General

Dance of Death edition

Discuss what you backed, what you are backing, what you plan to back.

Big news is Bones4 has 30 hours to go, and this diorama just showed up.

Also on a side note: Dystopian Wars backers I am sorry, so very sorry

I'm less excited for this. The notIndominus Rex has me hyped though, as it looks like it can be posed with the notTriceratops for a cool diorama

>Caveman and dino expansion
>Dinosaur addons
>Bones Tileset

Ugh, reaper is really getting low-energy lately, glad they finally revealed the Dance of Death on the pledge manager...

>12 dollar T-Rexs
As a Seraphon player I'm pretty hyped

Good point. With that guy, one carnasaur kit will have a spare rider. Good deal

Are those cave orcs?
Are those amazon cave orcs?

>Hot to trot!

Welp, I'm in for another 200$
Won't see minis for over a year
But I'm in

But cavemen>Drow.

Gives you time to clear some backlog and plan colors.

daaaaaaaamn!
does every model goes in retail after a time?

They eventually do, but the price does go up. The kickstarter prices of the models are pretty much priced at cost. When they go to retail, they become retail pricing.

kek

thank you.
can you give me a quick run down how this works?
do i have to take a core set or?

You do not have to get the core set. Just back at the $1 level and up your pledge to cover what you want. Use the pledge calculator to calculate how much your pledge needs to be, because it needs to also include shipping.

pledge a dollar to get your foot in the door and then you can order most things individually.

I believe i read somewhere you'll be able to add whatever you'd like for a few months after the kickstarter had ended.

thanks guys.

so I can even order single models out of the sets?
(i guess that are the numbers for?)

No. If you want things from the cores, you have to buy the core set extras as shown. If you want things from the expansions, you must buy the entire expansions. The optional sets are listed individually and show their dollar amounts.

Just go to the pledge calculator and it's pretty self explanatory.

Afraid not. They did that in previous kickstarters for models out of the core set and it turned into a clusterfuck. They've grouped them into subsets. If you look at the pledge calculator thing, that'll show you the individual bits you can buy separately. It's pretty split up, but it's not as much as it was in their previous kickstarters.

Motherfucking Garrick the Bold for scale
My go-to mini for paladins, what a champ

meh.
but i want the dragons, a few naked guys and at least twelve ankylosauri...

i checked this kickstarter when it started, I really never thought it would get interesting.
thanks guys, I will deal with this tomorrow.

mfw in for 181 dollars after getting Dance of Death which i've been waiting for ever since they first teased it.

This is my first Reaper Bones thing and im so damn excited I don't even care how much i spend.

I'm in for 90 right now. I need to sit down and actually add up everything I want though

New goals!

only 25 hours left

I'm loving this. Julie is fucking amazing.

i know.
but it's 23:21pm and time for bed.

I only have 27$ so far, with the deamon that have a spell in one hand and the ice giantesses. Bought the deamon to make a Demon prince for my salves of darkness army that I will also buy some day, and the giantesses because I like cute giant girls, will likely use them as proxis for the gobbos army I have in AoS.

Planning on buying the little dice guys for my players as Im sure they will love them, 3 trolls expansions to make 3 units of troggoths for AoS (still cheeper than buying 2 of the original models), and the scenery for fantasy latter on as right now Im short on money. Ill see if down the line I want something else or a new expansions is cool.

Shame they are monopose, but at leas as they are plastic doing some little changes will be easier.

Id be interested to see if the trolls are the same size as GW troggoths.

As for posing, reaper bones is extremely easy to cut up and convert, so it has that going for it

Size is a point, and with the demon prince I dont really care either way, but troggoths could get annoying, still, its 38 dollars for 9 models and 6 extra ones I dont really need, againts the 23$ GW asks for one model, so if theu are smaller I don't really care.

Dude
I haven't painted bones 1
All I've got done is a half assembled Hydra/not!Tiamat and a dragons don't share painted.

>Troggoths
This will never not be painful to me.

GET ON IT.

I'm no better. The only things I have done from Bones 1 and 3 are five adventurers, Cthulhu, and a mimic chest

I kinda want to buy gauth and make a Lord of Change for warhams. Looks like it would be a pain tho.

>Dystopian Wars backers I am sorry, so very sorry
Don't mourn for us, user. We made our mistakes.

>Dystopian Wars backer
So are you guys just not getting that now?

New addon!

I'm getting this one.

Why do you think there's been about two people giving a shit, with everyone else involved being totally unsurprised by how things have gone?

I don't like the look of the moss on the torso. Looks really blobish

that does look pretty good

>1 of everything is about $1000 bucks with shipping.

Should I?

I'll probably get them all painted within a year or so.

Only you can decide that.

I know in 3 I wound up dropping about $600.

Yeah I only dropped $200 in 3, but my income has about tripled since then.

Fuck it, balls deep it.

Wow is that whats coming in the scenics addon?

Yep, its the sample painter previewing what he's finished on Facebook.

Same one that did the Obsidian Crypt.

That looks much better with the three pieces in tangent, and when flocked. I will have to get that addon then.

Easy fix I'm planning is using flocking over those areas. It might actually just be texture to allow that sort of thing.

Oh shit boys.

I really want that Knight and cavalry man but I don't wanna pay 50 bucks for it 2bh

>checked
I don't see that in the kickstarter

>Fan Favorites is an eclectic Expansion Pack that serves as a place for all the things we've made that you requested, but we couldn't fit anywhere else. We'll be adding more to this pack in the next 21 hours! Fan Favorites is an Optional Reward that you can add to your rewards by increasing your pledge by $50 and selecting this item in the Pledge Manager.

Eh, I don't really like the Chaos Toads but...
Fuck it, I'm going for it.

I really hope we get part 2.

>I really want that Knight and cavalry man but I don't wanna pay 50 bucks for it 2bh
Well you can always NOT order it and then regret it later, all the way until 2024 or some shit. Remember how slow they were in releasing the Anhurian footmen?

Plus, some of that shit would probably sell well in secondary. I can see that portal going fast.

I'll mull it over tonight. Slowly throughout this Campaign I keep raising the amount of money I'm spending slowly but surely.

>I'll only get the core set
>Hmm maybe just the living status then I'm done
>Weeeeeell that Wyvern looks pretty nice
>Oh goddamn that Dance of Death looks dope

I guess I've already spent 180 bucks so far and I have too much disposal income as is so it wouldn't hurt too much.

I really only want the portal from that. GAH

Buy it from when he gets his shipment.

For all yall nighthaunt players. Spirit hosts anyone?

GHOST PIRATES, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, REPEAT, GHOST PIRATES!

Now I'm actually really debating getting a core.

I've got 20 hours. It would be great for if I ever get an RPG group going again. The issue is that no-one locally I know is doing one, since I just moved.

Should I drop the $100? It doesn't seem bad, especially since I just got a salaried job since I just graduated from college.

what?

>was gonna post spooky pirates
>late by 3 minutes and beat by two separate people

Damn

an AoS ghost themed army for the death grand alliance

i think the ghost pirates would make really cool spirit hosts

Ghost pirates are ghosts that then decided to be pirates; those are pirate ghosts who were pirates before they died then got turned into ghosts.

I did.

Think of it this way; painted or unpainted, whether you get to use them in a game or they sit on your shelf, would they make you happy?

I am still so disappointed with the Chronoscope expansion. I feel like they didn't even try with that one. So far I'm in for $180, getting most of the terrain items and giants.

Yeah even the lost world expansion looks better. its disappointing

Chrono doesn't seem to know what it wants to be

Counting the ghost pirates, the core set is around $200 worth of individuals (The bonus goblins were in bones 3, $6 for 6)

So far I'm in for 57.03 in addons + shipping and $24 of core.

I think that Spirit Hosts are among the more fun models to proxy. I have seen dudes just paint flagellants all ghostly and base them appropriately.

Can anyone tell me what the theme for Dreadmire is? It seems to just be random things, a quarter of which of which I can't identify.
The first one is a Cthulhu monster, right?

Also, what's the paint theme for this? They said the second was Baba Yaga's Hut, I can't figure out this one.

Swamplands
Marshes
Everglades

Well it does have decent range of browns and a few greens, good for painting an enchanted cabin

Okay, I just figured out how much what I want will cost, and its $610.14. Since pay day is Tuesday I'll need to just nab some later.

Some quick questions.

1) Would the Blacksting Wyvern be able to fit on a square base to use in Warhammer Fantasy as an Orc mount?
2) What are the stone tiles supposed to be used for? Do you glue them together, do you just lay them out and use them as a grid for roleplaying?
3) What kind of thing would King Of The Jungle be used for? I'm having a hard time trying to think of anything other than MtG having elephant folk I think.

1) no idea
2) simple quick dungeon tiles
3) it's for a creative DAM, or painted up to be a cool terrain piece

>it's for a creative DAM,
It's for a creative DM.

Phone autocorrect

Looks good for goblins and general ruddy creatures and adventurers.

Based off of the real Venus of Willendorf. Not really sure how I feel about a copy and paste historical artifact played as a mini somewhere.

fuck I'm in for 700....

1: no idea
2: roleplaying grid is the primary purpose, or decorative scenic bases. 2" square is 4 1" squares, so good for buildong rpg encounters that rely on grids.
3: It's a reference to Conan. Again, good for rpgs and display pieces.

Not so fond of the Stones tiles. I'd rather get a 3d printer and print my own. And forty 2x2 squares isn't that much, either.

What exactly is Reaper Bones? Is it a company? A series? A manufacturing technique?

Reaper is a company, Bones is their product line of minis cast in Bones material (it's a cheapish kind of plastic)

The name Bones is kind of a play since the company is called Reaper and has a skull logo.

The kickstarter is a way for the company to finance producing tons of molds for these minis in this material, it's also a way for gamers to get tons of cheap minis

It's a way for them to get the money to make the steel molds so they can cheaply made produce the minis. Plastic injection molds are terribly expensive, but once you have them, they pretty much print money

~85$

mostly dragons
i feel dirty

>$6 sneks

Fuck, I'm in for another $30.00. This is adding up quick!

Do these minis get released to the public or are they all exclusive to Kickstarter?

most of them already are in metal
the kickstarter should provide plastic molds for them to get them in plastic retail

while all the models in the kickstarter will eventually be released to general retail sale, the process can take a few years. There are still figures from the 2nd amd 3rd Bones kickstarters which do not yet have general release.

I'm having a crisis, I backed the first three bones, havent even touched my Bones 3 and still have a lot of Bones 1 and 2 to paint. Kinda want to jump on this but know I probably shouldn't

$10 for a batch of extra sneks and apes is a hype deal. I have to sit on my hands.

Ghost Pirates unlocked.

New goal is this neat barge.

We're never gonna see what part two of that is.

I've just noticed that Knight Forscale isn't included. And it's true. He isn't on that image anywhere.

Alright, I just got a core set. What do I need to do now?

Where/when do I give them my address?

I just changed my pledge to a $1 from $100. Nothing much interests me in the core set except one or two figures. Also interested in some of the big demons.

This shit.

Well you can buy just the extras and options, you don't need to get the whole core

Could that be used as a treant in d&d? They're supposed to be Huge so 3 inch base, wondering if it's too big for that though

So those chaos toads are obviously slaad... is the tidal lurker a chuul?