Entwives

Shadow of War's general bullshittery aside, do we have any real info on what happened to the Entwives/whether or not they are still around in the Third Age?

Is it out already?

They went away. The ents don't know where. That's basically it.

Hoom hoom.

I alway assumed that they created the Shire before kind of fading away.

Yes

I forget the name of it but they were confirmed to have moved to a forest near Mordor or the area around there.
That place is now a ruin with nothing bright or good growing in it.
Treebeard also says that he searched for the Ent-Wives for "A Very Long Time". Keep in mind the definition of time for an Ent. He may have searched Middle Earth for centuries and wasn't able to find anything.
All things considered it is very likely they are all dead, there bodies chopped up and used to fuel orc flame

Speaking of the "Shadow of" series, where does it fit in the timeline? The main character speaks of Mordor as if it was his home, which is pretty unlikely.

Also what's with Celebrimbor's ghost? Wouldn't Mandos be pretty angry at someone disobeying him (again)?

It's supposed to be before the Necromancer appeared in Dol Guldur, when Mordor was mostly just squabbling orcs, horrible relics, and gondorians growing complacent.

also
>Wouldn't Mandos be pretty angry at a Feanorian being a Feanorian
>he would be, but all he can do is ensure it ends poorly

I think Treebeard's tax policy drove them away. He refused to fund Plant Parenthood.

Heh. I have no idea what agenda you're pushing, but that was well played.

Just the agenda of the pun. And also a play on the grrm/jrrt thing.

I assumed the Entwives were actually there all along and were 50% of the Ents. They're just such dumbfucks that the forgot how to tell their genders apart at some point.

Alternate timeline.

In the Movieverse, Mordor wasn't taken back by Sauron until after The Hobbit. The Main Character was stationed on the Black Gate until shit went down.

Celebrimor is magically bound to Mordor due to his hatred of Sauron. It's not voluntary.

Soooooo... Tumblr?

My theory is that because trees reproduce without a mate that's exactly what ents do. The reason they don't even remember what the Entwives look like is because back when they were being created and they remember the female Elves giving them the magic water.

I have a very hard time imagining the Ents forgetting how to make children.

We can dream they just went to th far east, to the equivalent of Japan.

That theory sucks balls, considering the two strongest theories are that the entwives went up to the Shire and got separated from the primeval forest of Eriador, or they went to the Brown Lands and died.

So how come there are old and grown Ents, but no young Ents, Sherlock?

Ents are not actual trees you mong

Tolkien got their name from ettin

confirmed? by whom?

Treebeard. It's part of his story. Entwives leave the Ents, move to brown lands east of Anduin and make beautiful gardens there, Sauron comes and burns their shit down, Entviwes disappear without a trace.

Do you have a source for this?

No, it's literally an Anglo Saxon word for giant. Ettin is a made up word, affixing a Norse ending to an Anglo Saxon word.

Do the Devs have some kind of bet or competition where they're trying to fuck over LoTR lore as much as possible?

Because holy shit its starting to seem that way.

isn't it more likely that morgoth killed them? when he meet merry and pippin he only talk about "the darkness" or whatever