"Yes I am the big bad evil guy"

>"Yes I am the big bad evil guy"
>"But by killing me, you've doomed us all"
>"For you see, I was only trying to save everyone from an EVEN GREATER enemy"
>"I forgot to mention all that until now"
Why do villains do this?

It's one last roll of the dice, and heroes are usually dumb enough to fall for it.

Villains also tend to be arrogant, so might believe that they are the only ones capable of dealing with it if there's an actual Greater Evil.

Or the GE might be weakened if less people know about it, so keeping it a secret is actually useful. It also reduces panic

Because they're dicks, and enjoy spoiling your victory. Same shit as screaming "THE CURE FOR CANCER IS-" as the guillotine falls.

Maybe he's just lying to make you feel bad.

They're Evil, of course they don't trust anyone until they're given no other choice.

>the EVEN GREATER enemy does the same
>it's not a bluff
>then the EVEN GREATER enemy's EVEN GREATER enemy
>etc, ad nauseam
>even for those you dispatch without giving them chance to talk somehow, the consequences will bring this up shortly after their defeat
>you're now battling cosmic horrors that somehow still have tale of their EVEN GREATER enemy ready to spill with their dying breath
It's EVEN GREATER enemies all the way down

This is why I do not watch most shounen anime

You mean all the way up.

>the twist is that you were the greater evil they were all fighting

But it turns out that you were only fighting to defeat another, equivalent evil on another axis

Literally DBZ

"big bad evil guy"

Uncontrollable gagging hysterics.

Where did this meme come from? BBEG is older than reddit.

Nobody in DBZ was actively fighting against the greater threat, though. A lot of them were scheming their eventual demise at some point in the nebulous future, but that was usually because it was their boss.

Ugh.

>"Well, if you were the only one able to stop it that means you can stop it, and taht means that because we defeated you we have the same powerlevel as you and therefore we can also stop that dude, so die

heroes are dumb and full of false righteousness. why would you try to reason with them unless you have to?

The best I could find is assholes who gets annoyed with the term because of "muh grey/relative morality".

It sounds stupid.
"Big Bad Evil Guy" sounds dumb. It being old just makes it even dumber that people bother to keep using it.

get a load of this guy

please don't call him the big bad evil guy it makes my elfgame sound so dorky

>villian tries to tell the protagonists that a greater evil exist throughout the story
>protagonist helper states that the villian is lying to protagonist
>villian details why is administration is evil for the greator good to protagonist.
>helper states villian is lying even more.
>villian dies stating he was fending off a greater evil, the same greater evil he kept warning you about throughout the event.
>protagonist and helper are surprised and then bitch about why the villian mentioned this only after the villian's defeat.
Why are protagonists fucking stupid.

Because after all the shit he already did in Outland he couldn't be bothered to send someone a letter explaining his shitty plan.

Look at this Big Fat Faggoty user and laugh.

If all these villains teamed up, they'd certainly be a greater evil than any of them by themselves. By Zorn's Lemma, this sequence of increasing evils has a maximal element. Therefore, you can defeat that evil and then be free.

Oh, that's really quite simple, my man.

The helper WAS the greater evil

>Seriously trying to argue against something as asinine and pointless as whatever the fuck you call your Bad Guy
Get a load of this shmuck.

>getting this upset
>and hypocritical

You're a piece of work.

>so in the end, all your efforts only served to level us up and make you irrelevant

Because they don't believe its possible to just ask people for help. They think they're Great Men making Hard Decisions without considering whether they had to be made in the first place. So they can't accept it when a group of 4 to 6 ragtag chucklefucks manage to do their job better with far less atrocities.