As a big fan of Pathfinder, I desperately want a revised edition of my cherished game. Streamlined mechanics...

As a big fan of Pathfinder, I desperately want a revised edition of my cherished game. Streamlined mechanics, reduced mechanical bloat, and a hefty sheen of polish on what's good from 3e would do wonders for the system. It could totally revitalize a system that is, quite frankly, losing ground to 5e D&D. At this point, the Pathfinder system is dying because of its mechanical cruft (counting the history of 3e, it's almost two decades old!).

Releasing a revised edition--a Pathfinder 2e--would surely reinvigorate Paizo's brand, bring in new players, and push them to the top of sales charts. Yet it seems that Pathfinder players are mule-stubborn and dead set against a new edition.

What gives?

Stop caring about what other people play so much. I have half a mind to expect you are just shitposting.

Pathfinder is still the 2nd most popular game. That's pretty fucking healthy and far, far, far from dying, unless you consider every game except for 5e to be a rotten corpse.

So, shut the fuck up for a bit.

Yeah it's a tough situation for them. On one hand, they're waist-deep in bloat that puts off new players. But they also have a following of autists who WANT that bloat.

Frankly, I'm fine with Paizo continuing to do its own thing. They have an audience. It sounds like you need to do some research and look into other systems, OP. Maybe there's one out there that fits your needs.

>memeing this hard

I genuinely wish the idiots who do nothing but shitpost back and forth between themselves would take the opportunity to step outside their cancerous little cysts they created for themselves, and learn about the actual state of game communities and what they're actually like, rather than insisting on their forced meme versions at every available opportunity (and creating them when none arise).

Just switch to fucking 5e.

>Pathfinder is finally drowning in it's own shit

Good

Since 5e is published under OGl, too, you might as well just play 5e while you're waiting for Paizo to release their own carbon copy of 5e with the serial numbers filed off.

I wish 3.PF had never been made. It has ruined an entire generation of GMs and players.

At least with it having its own OGL it's very possible for someone to release Pathfinder two whenever they wish, though they'll lack Paizo's marketshare and advertising budget.

>NEW THINGS ARE SCARY!!!
is what they are all saying.

Paizo is too problematic and shitlordesque still. They only have one tranny writing for them and that's not diverse at all! Also, there's a white male writing for them so everything the tranny does is canceled out. They should only hire transnigger lesbians who are transgendered but refuse to make any effort to transistion because transmisogyny,

>Hey guys we're gonna fix all these problems and streamline everything with a new edition
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Hey guys we're gonna keep everything the same but better! Also foxgirls!
>OMFG YES SALVATION
>Hey guys we're gonna fix all these problems and streamline everything with a new edition
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>What gives?
I know you're shitposting, I just don't know why.

>Streamlined mechanics, reduced mechanical bloat, and a hefty sheen of polish on what's good from 3e would do wonders for the system.
But user, the entire POINT of Pathfinder was to specifically preserve and in many ways enhance those specific features of 3.5. It was designed from the ground up to lean into every single one of those "features". That was the entire appeal.

If you want a game with streamlined mechanics, reduced mechanical bloat, and good polish on what's good from 3e you should play 4e.

>streamlined mechanics, reduced mechanical bloat
>based on 3e

That's called 5e

But 4e is radically different from 3e

So you propose we create a fix for the system that is a fix for 3.5e that was a fix for 3.0e?

Depends on what you want out of it. If you see 3e as an excuse to play an absurd caster or build some janky CON-based nova hybrid, 4e is indeed nothing like it. If you see 3e as an excuse to play a hero dungeon delving with his buddies, 4e is pretty much identical.

Frankly, most of the things 4e dropped from 3e were nightmarish balance-wise and/or wonky to implement. Cool spells were cool but caster edition, a billion classes were cool but half of them were shit, wonky magic items... to be honest I miss those too, but they were so janky and personal anyway you might as well just homebrew them in yourself.

There's very few "valid" reasons 4e doesn't feel like 3e that don't require some serious justification.

It literally already happened. Use the Starfinder rules and play on a world with medieval level tech.

What is it about pathfinder do you like so much.
The 6 stats system?
The d20+ stat?
The defined classes?
The magic system?
The every race thing?
The fact that its the pepis to D&Ds coke?

Just play 5e at this point then.

There's a reason it's on top right now.

What are you even talking about, you babbling oaf?

What the actual fuck are you blathering about, you autist? He gave you a perfectly reasonable response.

OP, for your sanity and continued enjoyment just play 5e.

>Being this autistic

5e is boring as shit to play and has almost no content beyond the core books. It isn't a real alternative.

Starfinder appears to do some of the design choices 4e did, so I think it is better than base PF, assuming that Pi did it well.

The game you play matters little, the people you play with matters much.

Isn't that the whole point?

>losing ground to 5e D&D
Not really. The only measure we have of that is roll20, which isn't an actual source of real data.

Shhh.... You mustn't utter true words into the abyss of Veeky Forums. These creatures recoil from the human element, and dwell only in the deepest pits of game theory and elitism. To suggest that casually playing games that aren't either optimal or avant-garde can be fun with friends you enjoy the company of is sure to disturb the delicate balance here.

Another indicator we have is third-party publishers and their products. 5e went back to OGL after 4e's total shut-out. Initially third-party support for 5e was people dipping their toes, and that godawful Dungeon Master's Guild full of amateur 3.5 and PF conversions being sold for a dollar, but now you have major TPP publishers putting out as much or even more content for 5e than they do for pathfinder. Rite Publishing comes to mind, particularly.

Pathfinder has a lot of uselles things. Feats, spells, classes (Monk), you name it. Most classes need a buff, they explain martial classes being dumb because it would be unrealistic. Dude, there is litteraly magic in the world, high fantasy is the only thing you can play in PF, just give them some magic shit and fix your fucking game.

Is this memes, have you actually played 5e?

I wish 3aboos would accept that their game is garbage and people only play it because they're either autistic or have no other options for games (aside from 5e of course).

i really do like some of the things PF and Paizo did and i really do hate the bloat and the unbalances.

i think they should start a second pathfinder or high fantasy RPG without dropping support for the first one.
the books aren't going to disappear and if they don't drop pathfinder society they will do no wrong by starting another game.

i am looking for something more simple to understand like in 5e.
i am looking for a strong redesign of most spells, just like 5e did.They were broken from the start.
i am looking for a stronger stance on the unbalance of martials/magical character, possibly nuking the vancian magic system.Fuck daily spells.
I am looking for slightly less crunch when building a character and for crunchy bits to have different roles(rather than being 9 different places to get proficiency in a weapon or collect initiative bonuses).
I expect to open up the book, pick a class, pick a nice sounding feat and not find out i've picked the wrong class and the wrong feat so now i am useless forever.

What is wrong with your Shift key?

It is a fighter, the poor thing.

>I genuinely wish the idiots who do nothing but shitpost back and forth between themselves would take the opportunity to step outside their cancerous little cysts they created for themselves, and learn about the actual state of game communities and what they're actually like, rather than insisting on their forced meme versions at every available opportunity (and creating them when none arise).
I would, but the feat that lets me do that isn't available for another two levels.

Kek

Pathfinder players are mostly moronic drama queens who thought that 4e meant WotC had betrayed them and wanted a non-D&D way to keep playing D&D 3.x, which is exactly what Pathfinder is, all of the old flaws included. It's no surprise that these kind of brainlets would think of a new Pathfinder edition as another betrayal.

Why do so many people seem to think that version 2.0 being released means they can't play version 1.0 anymore?

On a related note, why do these same people think that a game is only viable as long as its publisher keeps shitting out new material every so often? Especially considering that this kind of thinking directly leads to bloat and quality issues like what you see in Pathfinder and D&D 3.x.

>Why do so many people seem to think that version 2.0 being released means they can't play version 1.0 anymore?
That was the logic that led to PF being a thing in the first place; literally the only reason it exists is because D&D was switching to 4e and 3aboos could not comprehend that all their 3e materials would still be there and they could still play 3e. The entire playerbase is built on retardation and fear, and I see no evidence of that changing.

I honestly have no idea

You see the same thing in video games and it weirds me out. How SFIV is practically dead despite clearly being a better game than SFV, or how the same sports game gets released every year and for some bizarre reason people keep buying them

>Why do so many people seem to think that version 2.0 being released means they can't play version 1.0 anymore?
Every new Edition, without fail, gets people grumbling about the edition that's THEIRS being invalidated. They don't like that there won't be new books. They don't like that it's going to be harder to find groups.