EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Legendary" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Do you give a crap about the change to PWs (making them Legendary). Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-17-yLY-inalla-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-08-17-in-your-head/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nekusar-first-build/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All it will do it increase the frequency of superfriends decks. So yes, this was a fucking horrible decision.

I love it!

No, because I don't have any Planeswalkers. Sold them all off. Boring card type, almost as boring as most creatures and auras.

>tfw when my decks never get upboats on tappedout

Could you guys give me a hand?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-17-yLY-inalla-edh/

Happens over time naturally if you put it in a tight enough deck box like a satin tower.

Asking in new bread. For those of you who double sleeve, how do you go about removing pockets of air from the sleeve?

Thank you, user. I ordered a Vault V2, so I might need to get something tighter depending on how it fits.

>tfw people care about that sort of thing

Press down on them.

I guess now I don't have to pick between Wildspeaker and Primal Hunter.

So I made a Depala deck and it's really sad, more sad than my Kalemne. I think it might be worse than my Ramirez deck.

What's better Tragic Slip or Never//Return? I like that Never//Return can hit Planeswalkers and can give me a token from the grave but it's a Sorcery.

Got any heavy text books from college? Split your deck into piles of 25 and put the book on top of them. Or 10 piles of 10 if you want I just wouldn't recommend 2 piles of 50.

I've been thinking of a few different ways to brew Tishana, from merfolk tribal to mostly blue control. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to use I guess side effects of her abilities to help win the game.

And if anyone is planning on using her, what kind of strategy are you going for?

And Ixalan full art lands?

Link them so I can upreddit you.

>tfw decks are all private so people can't steal my spicy builds

you could do group draw with her pretty well. overall i think the fact that she costs 7cmc makes it not a fun idea though. they shouuld have removed the spellbook ability and made her cost 5.

I'm actually looking for help with this deck because I feel like everything but the lands and artifacts needs tuning.

I'm just kind of sad that no one ever comments to leave suggestions.

Shit I forgot to post the link

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-08-17-in-your-head/

PW are easier to deal with than indestructible creatures, and Tragic Slip can get those.

>Do you give a crap about the change to PWs (making them Legendary). Why or why not?
i like that my atraxa super friends deck got slightly better with it

>Do you give a crap about the change to PWs (making them Legendary). Why or why not?
Well seeing as playing a PW is like inviting everyone at the table to kill it in my meta it does not really bother me cause i do not use them anyway.

so what is the plan? just tutor for things and make zombies? blood combo?

I was just thinking life gain and zombies. I'm not really sure what all mono black Sidisi can pull off honestly.

So, I've been pondering the idea of making Nekusar, mostly building off the wizard precon as I'd be able to swap decent portions of the deck between Inalla and Nekusar.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/nekusar-first-build/

Is current decklist bar the lands, any suggestions for any tweaks? I was thinking of putting in a little more general punisher cards so its not ful wheels within wheels even if theres a lot of wheels, maybe taking out one or two of the more defensive creatures to make room for them.

>Thread question
its gay AND retarded
pws shoulda been its own speshul snoflake type

for me deck building is all about weaving a web of interconnectivity. to me your deck seems a bit disparate. and lifegain isn't really good without a related wincon.

same here friendo

The deck depends on your meta and how spikey it is. My recommendations would be adding the following regardless:
Galecaster Colossus
- Protects all of your wizards from removal and having essentially another copy of Cyclonic Rift is never a bad thing.
Taigam, Sidisi's Hand
-smooths out your draws at the cost of pitching cards for later (Kess fodder), and can kill a creature here or there.
Viscera Seer
-Gives you a way to use those tokens, Maximum efficacy!
Sundial of the Infinite
-stops the tokens from leaving the battlefield since it ends the turn and ends all effects immediately.

From what I see, the the deck is trying to be too many things at once. The out-of-the-box deck isn't too focused and is based off "good stuff wizards." Try smoothing out a clear strategy, like if you're going to use Kess, Inalla, or Mairsil.

What're you adding?

I see. So should I cut out a good chunk of the lifegain than? What should go in it's place? More zombie cards?

I really like to use Inalla and ETB effects, but all these wizards have useful and neat abilities

you could just make the whole deck graveyard recursion and graveyard matters with a few combos and symmetrical removal? it's really up to you. but lifegain is pointless if it doesn't do something else.

its just the ability to play more than one jace at a time for instance

Right, already were in the deck and then Wizards got crazy.

>just bought the grixis wizards precon
>so many commanders I can't even
>fucking azami, marchessa, Vela, and nin
Holy cow I just made a great choice. They reprinted some useful things, although the deck looks ass out of the box.

Are you going full combo? Sidisi is pretty much tutor up the other half of my combo and win, if thats the case get nim deathmantle for grave titan, add mikaeus and triskelleon or just google mono black infinite combos and put them all in, whatever piece you play before playing sidisi use her to get it and end the game turn 6

>Thread question
Aside from the rule change letting me have different versions of the same walker out at once, not really.

>triskelleon

Why triskelion?

How do you not know Mike & Trike, that's like the day 1 infinite combo of EDH

Sorry I just got it.

>8/25/2017 If Mairsil has a crew ability, creatures can crew Mairsil. It'll become an artifact creature, but its power and toughness remain unchanged.

Contamination so all lands only produce black and pestilence to keep the board clear

>bust a cap in two niggas at once
>or bust a cap in a nigga twice
>then bust a cap in yourself
>black mike got yo back nigga
>shieeeeeeeet
etc

Galecaster cannot protect your wizards from removal, he only bounces your opponent's stuff

Still a great wincon for a wizard deck though

Triskellion has to shoot itself twice, otherwise the combo dies.

l-lewd

However you cannot equip or fortify with a Mairsil who has been exiling silly things like Darksteel Garrison.

I'm not seeing it.

Leyline of the void and helm of obedience for maximum keks

squirrels

Read Mikaeus. Very carefully.

Personally, I would first take the cards that would point you towards storm since you're going to be a more creature heavy deck. That would include:
Izzet Chemister
Magus of the Mind
Kess is an exception since you can use her ability to get you value with some of the spells you want to be playing from the grave. Kess also combos with Dead-Eye since it will reset her ability when she ETB (granted if you have enough mana to do all of that.)

Marchesa is also a weird inclusion since she kinda energizes with the non-token wizards, but I feel like she is just a little slow for the deck, She also requires you guys to be dying-- something you probability don't want happening often.

Vindictive Lich isn't particularly good since it's ability is a death trigger, the token exiles itself so there's no trigger.

Ah, thanks.

Merchesa also has this masochistic tendencies where you have to nuke your own life total when you're on the throne to get proper value out of her, have seen this happen before

Remember that if someone goes to Mike and Trike, always ask them to walk through it. A lot of people will screw it up because of that.

If you could use a non-legendary creature as commander, what would you choose?

This, might as well be playing Marchesa if that was the case.

They flatten naturally over time and in storage.

>Thread Question
I don't think it will affect my meta but it seems pretty fucking dumb

>that card
Boros is suffering.

>Sheldon banning dumb shit and leaving real problems alive
>Being my god and savior
Shiggity diggity

He keeps banning the degeneracy I love and not the kind I hate.

I thought Segovia was the tiny plane?

This is getting out of hand
Ill just stick to pic related for my commander

ixidron comes to mind

nice block timmy, but you're still dead

Maybe Scourge of Kher Ridges.

>Boros is suffering
It's the starter deck planeswalker. There's no guarantee that the actual Ixalan version will be THAT garbage.

Stuff like this is why we're not allowed non-legendary commanders. I'm amazed it's legal at all in the format.

>There's no guarantee
>real possibility that it's a 2 CMC walker

I like to think they learned from their mistake with Tibalt.

>add mikaeus and triskelleon

Does Walking Ballista work with Mikaeus?

>wizards
>learn

only if you have a drainer (BA, Zula) out

Well then at least it won't cost six whole mana to cast.

On the subject of RW 'walkers, Ajani Vengeant's pretty swell.

Seconding this. Planeswalker uniqueness rule was a perfectly fine rule and one of the few things keeping us safe from Mono Gideons Guest Starring More Gideons. Rather than fuck with it, they should have fixed the idiotically obtuse damage redirection rule that constantly trips up newbies (by simply saying that planeswalkers count as players for the purposes of spells and abilities that target such, but cannot be affected by any spell effects other than damage or life loss as they have no hands, libraries, graveyards or permanents).

Why does nobody who's in the colors uses this card? I think it's pretty good for 3 mana.

Use more tags so people can find it more easily, like "Budget", "Combo", "Control" etc.

My friend used to, but I haven't seen him use the decks it was in in a while.

How do I add tags? I still haven't figured that out.

Thoughts on Nin in the Inala deck? Is it worth copying and dealing 1 damage to her copied self to draw a card? What about her ability in general for draw power? Cut or keep?

I'm on a good mood today so I'll spoonfeed you:

>Edit deck
>Tags
>Add tags
>Save
>Once it's done press Alt+F4
>Delete system32

I like the card. The fact that it's not "whenever a creature you control" is what makes it decent.

Is the cat deck the reason nacatl war pride is $16

Okay, so i understand to make my deck better i have to swap out cards but what i'm having trouble with is identifying the cards to take out and how to select the ones to put in to gear myself towards my intended type of deck.
I think the problem is I see all these neat effects and have trouble putting aside the good stuff for the greater good.

Also should i find space to put in the guild signets?

Jesus you scared me. The foil is $16, regular's only $5. But yeah that's a spike up from the rare bin it was in, I assume it'll drop down in a little while because there honestly can't be that much demand but sometimes EDH prices do weird things. Also you should be able to find it for less at the moment before everyone's updated.

Guild signets are budget cards, depends on how much you want to spend. There are better rocks.

ah ok, i can spend, just not enough for those crazy expensive lands, what should i get

>cmc2
>colored mana
>comes in untapped
Doesn't get much better than that, signets are both cheap and good

a lot of upvoted decks are utter garbage

Which creatures are good for Augustin IV? I don't want to put a lot of creatures in there, but I'm sure some "must" creatures.

Right now I'm thinking of Leonin Arbiter, Mindcensor, Thalia Heretic Catar, both magus of the tabernacle and moat.

It is. 1:100 scale. Kalonia is on Shandalaar, not Segovia.

Then what's with the giant acorns?

I'd guess Snapcaster if you've got one.

Nope, that's a bit out of my budget, but of course I would use him.

When in doubt, Windborn Muse and Grand Abolisher. Jin and creature Teferi maybe.

Squeeze all the air out of the perfect fit first

Put it halfway into the sleeve

Squeeze again

Push the rest of the way in then shuffle for hours or play some games

>shuffle for hours

Spellbreaker Behemoth