Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Time for fall edition

>Last Thread
>New Codexes after Death Guard and Ad Mech are confirmed: Tyranids, Craftworld Eldar and Imperial Guard
>Also Chapter approved and Necromunda stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, final planet and Chaos are getting obliterated
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Four Armed Emperor

>have 2-4k of; Tyranids, Necrons and Blood Angels

I want to get rid of some of my backlog. What army should I focus on? Which should I trade/sell off?

Rak'gol have four arms

So any chance of Gue'vesa?

Focus on Tyranids and Angels, they might get a duo release and you'll be occupied for awhile

Focus on Nids and Bangles. Crons are getting the shaft. Don't sell off stuff now, either. You'll regret it when their codices drop.

Convert them and run them as Fire-Warriors

Are they actually going to do brand new Primaris model releases for the unique chapters like Dark Angels and Space Wolves? I thought they were going to ignore updating them like they did with Grey Knights.

>32 Armies
>7 Daemon and 7 IG primary
>No Necrons, Tau, DE focused armies

Here is the list of the first army I see

Batallion:
Malefic lord
Malefic lord
10 brims
10 brims
10 brims

Batallion:
Chaos lord- power fist
Chaos sorcerer- force sword
10 cultist- auto guns
10 cultist- auto guns
36 cultists- auto pistol combat weapon
9 berzerkers- 9 axes, 9 swords, banner
9 berzerkers- 9 axes, 9 swords, banner
10 noise marines- 10 sonic blasters
3 obliterators
Rhino- 2 combi bolters
Rhino- 2 combi bolters
Rhino- 2 combi bolters

Supreme command
Malefic lord
Malefic lord
Malefic lord
Magnus

No, they're all fucking dead.

But make sure they all have thick-lensed glasses and skinny arm to show how nearsighted and weak they are.

This image is for Chaosfags only.

Stay away lapdogs of the false emperor.

I would bet they do 100%, the reason Grey Knights didnt get any Primaris is because of their recruitment standards, its something like 1 in a 1000000 make it. Also their geneseed is SUPER SECRET NO TELLING so Cawl probably didnt have the genetics to make any, if he even knew they existed

the other chapters however, were all open game

Veeky Forums
Where's my Super Suit?

List of the GW employee at NOVA.
Is this an army or a catalogue of what you should buy from them? I can't tell.

Guiliman
Librarian
Ancient
Repulsor
2 Units 10 Intercessors
2 units of 5 intercessors
2 units of Hellblasters
Redemptor Dreadnought

>one in a million make it
>they only recruit psykers who are already a one in a million occurrence themselves
It's a wonder they have any numbers at all like that. Then again, with the scale 40k operates on a millionth of a millionth isn't as small as it sounds.

>Be GW studio exec
>Attend meeting where the heads of the company say that the brand is going stale and we are out of ideas
>Suggest making space marines 3 feet taller as a joke
>Get called a genius and a big pay raise
>Goyim everywhere are buying my shitty product and taking the new lore seriously

wew lad

>surprised that people actually buy models that look better

Should have simply replaced the current range of marinelets though.

Considering that individual hive cities have populations running in the trillions- as in multiple trillions- yes, we humans literally cannot comprehend the amount of people that exist in the IoM.

someone post the little brother memes, I love those ones

Its the recently painted studio army.

Anyone got ideas for Dragoon conversions? I'm totally out of ideas.

Considering they get the pick of the litter from the Black Ships that come in from all across the galaxy they might actually have one of the biggest recruitment pools of any chapter.

The real reason: GW doesn't think they'll sell more chapter unique kits so they get a throwaway codex just like last edition.

All the other codex chapters have upgrade kits and bits, so there is no reason for them to make any Primaris models *just* for them.

I think rarity in 40k is entirely relative to ones perspective. Plasma guns are considered rare, but every guard squad and his dog's seems to end up being issued with one at some point. But even with every infantry squad in the Imperium being issued a plasma gun, they're still incredibly rare amongst other weapons like the humble lasgun.

Isn't it 10'000 psykers that get fed to the Throne every day? Those are just the rejects, with the Imperium ever-hungry for more astropaths, diviners and battle-psykers. amongst those there have to be the very best that make it through to Inquisitorial ranks or Grey Knight intake. Though that reminds me, is it explained where chapters get their Librarians from? Do they head down to the local Black Ship market and pick out a few heads?

I don't think that's right.

Might do.

>>three of nothing
...is this even a legal list?

Not sure if you are aware that the GK codex is quite good, not sure why it qualifies as a throw away codex

Disregard I need to feed a chemical dependency.

>Q: How do you get the largest playerbase to rebuy their armies?
>A: Truescale.

Librarians usually come from the worlds they recruit from, ones who are detected by the chapters librarians etc etc

Are Death Korps at all decent so far this edition? I love the models and want to start a force, but I want to know how good they are at what they do.

No new models, no new releases. They get some toys that vanilla Marines have. That's about it.

Why would the chaos marines even bother charging, they know they're facing an unstoppable enemy that will never stand down.

Barbed Wire

With arguably better strategms?

Its a throwaway release because writing isn't that difficult and reusing art is also easy and lazy.

It might have made them mechanically better, but t hey aren't getting any actual love (re: new models/units) like the actual flagship armies are.

What the hell is an "updoot"?

Astra Militarum are top tier.

It's from Reddit.

Begone foul redditfag

he took it from ribbit

Schedule filler and quick to pump out.
Doesn't mean it is a weak codex, merely a low effort low care one

>I don't think that's right.

Marshall Draco led a Crusade of genocide against the Gue'vasa planets and Gue'vasa have not been mentioned in the new millenium, the facts are this and they speak of Imperial retribution! DEAL WITH THE FACTS T'AU!.

thats all they needed though.
Anyone expecting serious rule changes in the codexs is silly, everyone is going to be pretty much just adding traits and stratagems and maybe a couple of points cost tweaks to the index rules.
The index rules would be how they want to do each faction, just bare bones.

Bringing this to my local 1500 pt tourney tomorrow, wanted to shoot for a strong army that also feels classically guard with all the artillery , other than lack of smite spam protection, which put meta lacks almost completely, how do you guys think it looks?
Battalion
HQ
>2X company commander
Troops
>2x 35 man conscript squads
>4x 5 man scion squads with 2 plasma and a plasma pistol
Elites
>2x commissars
Harker
Heavy support
>3x basilisk squadroned
>2x manticore
Flyer
>thunderbolt heavy fighter with hellstrike missiles

ah now I understand your quibble, my fault. You wont be alone for very long though, I'd be surprised if anyone other than Imperials get new models, fluff, or artwork with their releases

Are there any heroes that give close combat buffs to Imperium keyword?

I'd love to grab some non-shooting buffs or auras for my Admech.

Only Guilliman. Rerolls to 1's to-hit.

NOVA has really confirmed for me what a disappointment 8th is.

Wait till all their codex's drop. Try them out and pick the one you like to roll dice for the most and focus on that. sell off the others so you on focus on what brings you the most joy not WINs.

Then stop playing
The hobby will be better without people like you who complain constantly about what goes on at the highest level of play that won't affect you in the slightest other than the occasional WAACfag who netlists that you can just refuse to play

Is it true that we'll soon(TM) see some more Chaos releases?

>3 months in
>3 out of 15+ codexs released

This.

Deathguard? Yes, very soon.

Tau's 7th art was the same as 6ths. They can't reuse that again.

I actually play in and travel to a lot of tournaments usually a pretty high level. I'm disappointed because I had hoped GW would cleave true to their play-testing and commitment to a more balanced game.

Did you look at the top 10 and see the number of Malefic Lords and Magnuses? Haven't seen much that's going to challenge that yet.

I don't think this is true, user.

>They cant reuse that again
How new are you to this hobby, this image is at least 12 years old now and all they've done is color it

We also saw GWs reaction to the flyer + Guilliman spam, either they will faq the build out of existence or future codexs will have the tools to shut it down

Just got a raider a venom nine Wyches and an Archon for 50$ on eBay. Today was a good payday anyone else find any sweet deals to start the weekend?

GW so far hasn't indicated a willingness to issue FAQs for FW models which the major point of concern. Also its worth noting that even with Brims going to 3 PPM they're still in every chaos list that is doing well so again while they are responding they aren't doing it well.

I'll gladly retract my statement if tomorrow they simply remove the Supreme Command detachment but I don't see it happening any time soon. The issue with Malefic lords is two fold in that they are FW (which will require FW to address any balance concerns) and the reason they're good is hard to FAQ out with a simple change.

>Playing 40k tournaments
>Having fun in the hobby

Pick one.

>FW
ah that explains that, they really need to fucking get off their asses and fix their indexes, I know they were "informed of 8th late" but come the fuck on

more conscripts

>meanwhile in alien /40kg/...

With Alan Bligh's passing I don't think its going to happen anytime soon. Unfortunately he was the rudder of that company and I think without him they don't know where to go and what to do.

>Tourneyfag
Oh say no more then

Man the Imperium of Zerblon sure is grimdark!

Damn. Thanks user, looks like I'll be giving those buffs a miss though. I have a passionate hatred for that model and I just can't really fit that many points in for one guy.

This is pretty much my dream project. Proably wouldnt be hard just take guards men and file off the aquila and use some pulse rifles from yourbbits box.

For Tau, the rule Saviour Protocol reads, " If a
Drones
unit is within 3"
of a friendly
Infantry
or
Battlesuit
unit when an enemy attack successfully wounds it, you
can allocate that wound to the Drones unit instead of
the target. If you do, that Drones unit suffers a mortal
wound instead of the normal damage."

Yesterday, the guy I was playing against was allocating the wounds to his battlesuits, making his saves, and THEN taking whatever wounds were left and allocating THOSE to the drones.

You're supposed to allocate before the save is taken, right? Otherwise the mortal wound part would be pretty much irrelevant.

What's the next step, when everyone is rocking full Primaris armies for years?

These are worthless opinions and thus are discarded. I don't engage with Casual At All Costs players.

Alright Veeky Forums
Dubs decides one group of 40k players that are immediately thrown out of helicopters on the release of chapter approved

Correct.

You called?

But seriously, nice to have finished this guy, apologies to any Howling Griffon players.

all

I'm sorry you've forgotten what it is to play 40k for fun user

Joke's on you I have grav chutes

I missed that news completely, I hope the regain themselves at some point here soon, their stuff is basically either completely overcosted and useless
>Squiggoths
or completely undercosted and obscenely good
>Malefic Lords
>Flux Bombard Leviathans

It seemed weird that a dude could decide to intercept a bullet AFTER he'd seen it pierce the flesh of his ally.

You.

Boys that aren't girls

Neo Guardsmen.
Then new Orks
New deldar
New gaunts
New GK
New everything Except sisters and CSM

CSM players, fucking whiny cunts

Twenty years from now we'll be playing survivor instead of wargames

They reused Thousands Sons cover in the same Edition.

Eh, just glad to see one of the best post-heresy marine schemes on display.

My fucking nigga. Wish you would've included Guard players for good measure.

People that don't drill barrels.

Okay, so I have:
>Dominus, x1 Dunecrawler (laser, x2 stubber), x1 Ironstrider Ballistarus (lascannons)
>5 Rangers (sniper squad, omnispex), 10 Rangers (arc rifles, omnispex)
>5 vanguards (calivers, data tether because i didn't realize how useless it would be on a 5-man squad)

I just got the Tempestus GS box so that I can branch out and have some auxilliaries for my AdMech, and I have a box of Kastelans on order. How should I build them?

Also, how should I deploy them? I'd set the stormtroopers up as deep strikers, but I don't think their Commissar can follow them there, and the Taurox can't deep strike or carry Skitarii.

So after the SC box of Necrons, what should I go after next? I already have another box of Warriors to get a unit of 20, but I'm not sure where to go next. I have a few ideas, but I'm not completely sure. I've heard mixed things about Warriors vs Immortals, so I don't know if I should get more of either of them for more troops, or if I should get some Lychguard/Praetorians. I've heard mixed things about those units too. My local GW doesn't have any Ghost Arks in stock, and the online store is sold out too so I can't get one of those yet. I know that Command Barges are good, but I want to wait until I start playing in higher point games before I get one.

What are my best options? Aside from collecting something else.

I literally typed in Imperial Gua-

Then i remembered not all Guard players are bad, just most of them

Units that look cool.

>ginger

Makes sense. In the dawn of the 3rd millennium gingers are first to betray their people and kill them for a false god, too

>They can't reuse that again.
the 6e nid codex has art thats been reused every eddition since 3e.

How have Sisters been doing in the tourney scene? Have they seen any representation at all?

I have no idea if they're good but Collect an army of Triarch Walkers

Yeah the balance is awful both internally and externally. As much as I love FW and own a decent chunk I'd advocate for simply keeping it out of tournaments for awhile.

how so?

The god of change wills it

Top tables all consistent of effectively the same units and same builds. It is frustrating because I'd hoped to some variety in those lists because GW heavily promised that the edition had been play tested and that they were taking a more active eye towards supporting organized play and none of that seems to be true at this time.