Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

Foreign Soil Edition:
Which planet are you most looking forward to visiting? Why?

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

starfindersrd.com/
myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=29551
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What will your character buy in the level 2-5 gap? There are no good weapon upgrades at those levels (or are there?)

How does your character rationalize his/her/it's inability to use a more powerful weapon due to level restrictions?

As a DM how do you rationalize companies producing upgraded weapons despite 99.9% of the galaxy being literally unable to utilize them?

You have to find them or have someone build you one or the right parts to build one.

You find a rare crystal that can be refined and added to your laser gun but you don't have the tools and skills to do it just yet so you study and research before you go fucking up this invaluable tool that can give you a stronger gun.

Smoke, flash and stickybomb grenades. Never enter a room with enemies without tossing a grenade in first.

How's it feel knowing the Android exists entirely as a sloppy slave race with prominent SJW overtones on gender and privilege?

>Be Starsham
>Give zero fucks and vent the room into space
>Wait til the smoke is sucked out then close the door

What now?

What 3.5 or 3.PF race that is currently not in the book are you most hoping to see, /tg?

They can use higher tier weapons fine. The question is whether Vesk grunt #1 will have a 500,000 dollar rifle on his body when a 2000 dollar one will do the job and his boss can split the rest between missiles and bribes.

An elite mercenary company of retired special forces or the automated turrets in a drow corporate HQ OTOH - those sorts will have the nicest, most min-maxed weapons they can afford.

I WANT TO VISIT OCEAN PLANETS AND FIND SUPER CUTE FISHGIRLS AND TAKE THEM OUT TO DINNER AND DANCING THEN TAKE THEM HOME BEND THEM OVER THE BACK OF A CHAIR AND TAKE THEM THEN CUDDLE TOGETHER IN BED UNTILL MORNING

Triaxians

Realised I posted the old version in the last thread: This version has a few new alternate racial traits, a new race (Half giants) and patches up a few elven bits.

Summer Triaxians are completely bald, the Winter Triaxians are covered in fur! Very gorgeous, soft, canonically silky fur.

100% uninteresting

I think the Lashunta Technomancer iconic has a Traxian boyfriend? That said, even after reading over some of the races they just don't catch me as interesting enough to use. I actually find the Ysokai more interesting besides humans or half-orcs.

Can there be elf-kitsunes?

Cuz I think that would add something to the setting.

Obviously our tac-pike blitz soldier goes in after the flashbang explodes, user. The smoke grenades aren't for making people cough, they're for concealment from snipers with readied actions when you're crossing a gap in cover.

Tengu. Plz gib space birb.

If you mean a Kitsune that has an elf as it's alternate form? Changeling Kitsune allows you to pick any medium race rather than human.

You know, this gives me an idea.

A giant space-ship is renovated to act as a battle grounds of sorts. several teams go in and are stuck in locked rooms until the ship enters the drift at which point the doors open.

The ship will only come out of the drift when one team has managed to capture the other three team's home bases. killing is optional. special weapons are hidden around the ship.

A personal upgrade, a null-space chamber, maybe a biotech version of the wide-spectrum ocular implants, clothes and naughty wyvern 'toy'.

Yeah, she's got a Winter Triaxian boyfriend with fluffy fur. Really cute stuff, and extremely surprising that Paizo actually wrote a woman with a continued heterosexual relationship (especially Lashunta.)

TENGU. I desperately fucking need Tengus for my game.

I'm running a custom setting called "The Disc of Kal-Vortun", and in it Tengus are a pretty big race. Essentially bird-poland, with these big ancient orders of hussar cavalry. It's like my most developed part of the setting.

But I'm now running a starfinder game set in the same setting, but 800,000 years in the past.

And the Tengus are still around, as a repressed slave race looking to rise up and form their own idealized nation.

> Elves
> Proficient in bows
I will laugh at any space elf wielding a bow, so there's that.

> Alternate racial traits
kill it with fire. you know we have themes now right?

>ARTs
>bad

nigga Gnomes already have two variants which I hope is something that gets backported

Themes replace the non-racial traits you goof. And they bring them more up to par with the campaign specific traits which were always much stronger than the generic ones.

>I will laugh at any space elf wielding a bow, so there's that.

Well it's supposed to be combined with which adds high tech bow options.

Campaign traits aren't real anymore, though.

Is your character ranged only, melee only, or both ranged and melee?

I've got one who's ranged, one Melee, and one that's both ranged and Melee (his droid's the Melee.)

Is there an SRD-style wiki for the game yet?

starfindersrd.com/

Why isn't the OP an anime? What did you do /sfg/? I go to /pfg/ for a bit and this happens.

>You will never play a Starfinder campaign

The machinations of the space foxes have come to terrible fruition, user.

>nebula entities seduce the crew and mind control them to walk out into space where their juices and souls get sucked out untill they are a dry husk and the soul is disgarded into the void to wander the infinite black without a body

you were not missed.

Give it time, I'm sure there will be plenty of games to choose from in no time at all.

you wanna do play by post?

Yes! Yes!

Just you wait, vulpine scum! We almost got to modern, soon we will soar among the stars!

Earlier (), I was asking for advice on how to create an optimal "good at starship fighting" build for four 2nd-level PCs' tier 2 starship. I had previously created a ship that abused a turret and kiting, but now, I am starting to think that the following build may be more ideal:

Budget of 75 BP:
• 12 BP: Base Frame: Explorer
• 10 BP: Power Core: Pulse Gray, PCU budget 100
• 5 BP: Thrusters: M10 Thrusters, PCU consumption 70
• 6 BP: Armor: Mk 2 armor
• 0 BP: Computer: Basic computer
• 5 BP: Crew Quarters: Luxurious
• 4 BP: Defensive Countermeasures: Mk 3 defenses, PCU consumption 2
• 6 BP: Drift Engine: Signal Basic
• 6 BP: Sensors: Budget long-range
• 6 BP: Light turret mount upgraded to heavy turret mount
• 12 BP: Heavy antimatter missile launcher, PCU consumption 15
• 3 BP: Shields: Light Shields 20, PCU consumption 10

This ship is effectively a glass cannon. The idea is to rush in to a distance of 8 hexes of the enemy ship, fire the heavy antimatter missile launcher, and hope for a hit for a whopping 10d10 (average 55) damage.

This ship's defenses are not quite as good as the tier 2 shuttle from earlier, but good grief, is its offense far higher. If it cannot end the starship battle in a total of five shots, then it was going to lose anyway.

Plus, I have managed to squeeze in luxurious crew quarters for six people in this ship.

How does this tier 2 starship build stack up against the earlier build?

Does someone want to be manipulated into becoming a militaristic society and then bomb themselves into extinction? Because it sounds like someone wants to be manipulated into becoming a militaristic society and then bomb themselves into extinction.

Why not genetically modify them with the Delicious trait? Nerve-staple them too, while you're at it.

myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=29551

The machinations of lesser life-forms never cease to entertain us.

worst race of all time. they didnt even bother to reshaped the head into something sane

I don't even have to advertise my own games, anymore. Thanks for linking him in, need more applicants.

I'd slow it down a little, dump the crew quarters to good, and use the freed PCU (you need 3bp, maybe dump the sensors to medium range basics) to feed a particle cannon. Since it's a glass cannon, staying further rather than risking some plasma cannons and rippers (because - and this is rare - it's actually badly shielded enough for rippers to be a threat to it) from round 1. That in and of itself becomes a bit of a defense, as most fighters won't hold a candle to it at long range.

i noticed, which is why im helping out

Thanks, my friend!

you got it, buddy

I'm running a Starfinder game in.. Technically -2 minutes, but we have a new player that's still on character creation. It's on a private discord server though, and I'd prefer to keep it to people I actually know.

A particle beam would cost 15 BP; that is well outside of the budget.

I believe the only ripper weapon currently available is the chain cannon, which none of the premade ships have.

For that matter, is there any reason at all to bother with starship weapons other than turrets? The freedom to fire where one pleases is immense.

For that matter, is there any reason at all to bother with starship weapons other than turrets? The freedom to fire where one pleases is immense.

It seems much more cost-effective to concentrate on turret weapons (ideally linked weapons), especially given how the gunner actions work.

Mostly I think it's 'Once you've run out of room in the turret'. Or you've somehow got a ship that capital weapons can be mounted on (Though the book doesn't seem to want you to have that)

Thinking of joining a friends Starfinder game, someone give me a quick overview of the classes power level wise.

The Soldier is the king of combat BUT it's also very focused. Basically no non-combat stuff at all.

The Solarian has serious trouble, with a lot of MAD issues and it's crowd control side being very weak. If you want a melee brawler it works though (Stick with Photon, not Graviton)

The Operative is a skill monkey without compare AND does offence nearly as well as the Soldier. A little more fragile but also a lot more in can do.

The Mystic and Technomancer are your classic spellcasters. The Mystic does a hell of a mind control game, the Technomancer has a lot of tricks.

The Envoy is a skill monkey like the Operative but without it's combat mastery. It's built around support but it's action economy and resolve costs means that it flags a bit there.

The Mechanic has a bit of non-combat and a bit of combat (Either with a minion or with the Exocortex buffing BAB). Generally, the Drone is a lot better (Especially early game where a second dude VASTLY outdoes +1 BAB)

That's how my players did it. Twinning the heaviest weapons they could gave their small ship near-Capital damage.

So if I wanna be decent at combat and other things, Operative is the way to go?

Point defense. Or very tight budget constraints in a ship that can reliably win initiative, but mostly point defense. Stick a laser in every quadrant when you can afford it, stick your main guns on the turret.

Oh, and of course, maybe your DM doesn't read ships without pre-provided turret mounts as being able to have them added. That's a pretty strong reason for not using the turret, if your frame doesn't have one.

Very much so. Operative gets a scaling bonus to Literally Every Skill and has the most skills/class skills in the game.

Get used to using Pistols though, as Pistols are basically The weapon for Operatives (They can only use their combat stuff with operative weapons and pistols and pistols are a lot more useful generally)

mechanic probably has the best DPR right now, and can do lots of computers and engy stuff

>tfw I want to have the renown of an Icon towards a corporation
>tfw my class doesn't use Charisma

God dammit, I just want to be an up-and-coming name in AbadarCorp.

It's just one point, you can deal with it.

Group already has a mechanic, I don't wanna double dip.

With point buy as it is, that's devoting almost 10% of my points to nothing!

The whole book is dripping with sjw bullshit. Neck yourselves if you think it's ok

your heavy antimatter launcher is 12. that's just 3 less than the particle beam. swapping it out is not a huge expense.

Turrets have limitations on the largest ships (no capital weapons) and are more expensive to equip by a handful of points at low levels.

A perfect-maneuverability ship can face any way, so for fire-at-will you want to link on a turret and link something in one of the four arcs, giving you your two weapons.

Also, uh, the R-13 is kind of a bad-end choice... Remember what the Cross-the-Rubicon ran into later on?

I don't see what's wrong with those entries.

>The whole book is dripping with sjw bullshit

Pic... Related?

The GM would be flat out wrong though.
Even fighters can have a pair of turret weapons.

Are you women?

I mean, they had to pick a gender, and assumed feminine pronouns have been the standard in DnD for what, the past ten years?

Or they could have used 'they'

But go on and make up some more excuses

>Feminine pronouns
Are you really that thin skinned that seeing "she" and "her" occasionally trigger you this much? Fuck, man, pick better battles.

>Fuck, man, pick better battles.

Are there any better battles for Starfinder that don't involve the half-baked mechanics?

>pick better battles

Says the ass blasted she giving (you)s

Why are Asians the most low-test race?

Why not go to his class like that? Wouldn't be the silliest outfit I've seen at a uni.

> Book had an entire section on Genderfluid Androids
I was genuinely mad reading it, completely fucking hamfisted bullshit that doesn't belong in the game at all. At the very least, when I mentioned it to my players, they mutually agreed that such a thing was degenerate as fuck. I don't have to worry about my players pulling this bullshit, but I'd kick them from the game if they tried.

It's fucking shameful that they had enough time to shove their PC bullshit into the book, but not enough time to proofread their own fucking work.

Shit even the tinfoil hats of "no white males" and "trannification of the lashuntas" would be better battles to fight than "HOW DARE THEY USE SHE!?!"

Fuck, I haven't even read anything about Lashuntas yet. Other than my friend told me the race has significant sexual dimorphism as referenced in it's stats. What the fuck did they do to that race?

>Shit even the tinfoil hats of "no white males"

The game has plenty of white males.

As faceless goons you're meant to gleefully gun down.

95% of all the humanoid enemies shown as "enemies" in the books are white men. Compare this to the fact only two out of maybe 50 images of humans are white men. Also one of the white men in Dead Suns is the leader of "Strong Absalom," a nationalist organization to "make Absalom great again" and "kick out the aliens from our neighborhoods."

That was in Pathfinder.

They removed it for Star, and now they just have two different subtypes that they become one of during puberty. And can take chemicals to choose which they want.

Jesus christ

>Other than my friend told me the race has significant sexual dimorphism as referenced in it's stats

They got rid of that and made the consensual decision to become short-n-squat or tall-n-slender an allegory for Hormone Replacement Therapy, as said by Crystal Frasier who was VERY excited to "fix" the race.

>95% of all the humanoid enemies shown as "enemies" in the books are white men.

95%? It was 100%. Someone went through the books a bit ago and found out every single human "enemy" in the art was a white male.

Not gunna lie, but that's also degenerate as fuck. That's still having an entire race of trannies,

This needs to stop, WE NEED TO GO BACK. I just want to have fun with my friends and go on weekend dungeon crawls. Not have this kind of bullshit shoved down my throat, nobody fucking wanted any of this. Nobody wants to have a fucking mental illness be the sole focus of their entire existence.

user, plz stop trolling.
its not the same thing when its an alien species.
lots of earth animals do the same shit.

i just want cute plant people

>i just want cute plant people

Wait for the Alien Archive, coming this October.

Many plants are self-fertilizing, get ready for hermaphroditic plant people.

>This needs to stop, WE NEED TO GO BACK.

The way to do this is simple, you just need to make sure Starfinder fails. Poison the well for other people, in other words, tell them all the faults and problems of the system, make sure they don't see it as something they want to play.

12 BP is still a bit much for an extra weapon; those BP could be going into more defenses for the ship.

Watching space whales and elementals play and travel around the sun while soaking in that delicious solar energy, getting baked. Sunglasses are given to everyone when the debark their spaceships, like getting a Lei when you go to Hawaii

You call this trolling? It's a deep seated anger against a fucking form of insanity that has taken over this country, twisting the minds of people into horrifying parodies of what should be good and wholesome. Instead now people are taught that it's okay to be mentally ill, and should have their dicks chopped off in the pursuit of "gender identity". When all this does is throw off a ticking time bomb of hormones and brain juices that leads down a dark path to further mental illness, and eventual suicide.

And these people want to shove it down everyone else's throats. To make it seem completely normal and acceptable TO MY CHILDREN, AND TO MY FRIENDS AND MY FAMILY. Just so that they can feel good about themselves pretending to publicly be "righteous and good", when its all a form of dark psychopathy and Machiavellianism.

I too want cute plant people, but not if they're genderfluid degenerate trannies, who reject cultural traditions and societal norms just for a political purpose that should fucking stay out of the game they live in.

>I too want cute plant people, but not if they're genderfluid degenerate trannies, who reject cultural traditions and societal norms just for a political purpose that should fucking stay out of the game they live in.

...why would Plant People have gender like humans do?

>What is pollination

>conservaderping on a mongolian basket weaving mat

Go play Myfarog

>and should have their dicks chopped off in the pursuit of "gender identity". When all this does is throw off a ticking time bomb of hormones and brain juices that leads down a dark path to further mental illness, and eventual suicide.

>tfw people were actually upset at the Serum of Gender Change being a cheap item on the Paizo forums because it "cheapened" the "struggle."

That's the audience Paizo is appealing to, dude. They don't give a fuck about you, they don't give a fuck about most of us. This game isn't for you.

EXACTLY! This game is for good people. Not for hateful regressive shitfags that the world would be better off without. So just gtfo.