media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
What was the last town your party stopped at like, and how did you spend your time there?

Can you justify being a necromancer/druid?

Yeah

Pass without a trace allows for an exception of tracking through magical means.
The tressym tracks through his magic senses.

I'm not going to pretend I'm unarguably right, just that the ruling is out there.

And I admit the last one is more for my sake than all the time I have ever fantasized about killing the Druid. No, I'm not the DM for him (I am for another group though)

You certainly can, not sure you can do it well.

I mean, say you're a Twilight Druid, worshiper of the Raven Queen, who allows the command of fallen heroes in the battle against her hated enemies...

>"Squired" Armor
>This piece of armor has been designed with multiple straps and buckles to be work like a jacket. It offers the same protection as a Chain Shirt, 13 + Dex Mod (max 2) to AC, with the advantage that it can be donned or doffed quickly by spending an action.

Yes, they were a thing back in 3.5, and they were called Blighters. There are also asshole, vampire-worshipping druids in Curse of Strahd adventure.

depends on the setting lol

We're about to rest in Neverlight Grove.

Has anyone here ever incorporated terrorism into their campaigns? We all know the chase of the BBEG (ugh) or the group of henchmen coming after the group, but what about an enemy that wears no uniform and hides in the crowd? How would you current group deal with such a threat, where the enemy could be a zealot commoner hiding right around the corner with an empowered fireball scroll at the ready?

I want to play a tanky frontline character whose primary goal is to soak damage, but most options are really bland gameplay wise (like babarian or most fighters).

What are some nice options I have, when I already played a Paladin and a Stone Sorcerer?
Any fun things you can do as an Eldritch Knight (including multiclassing)?

Furthermore how would one roleplay a druid beyond the fantasy hippie archetype

One of my players had a real bitch of a time with this.

She got blue balled real mad when an artificer noble bad guy they were fighting suddenly had one of his animated armor constructs going GLMOP and encasing the enemy giving it pretty effed up Armor Class mid battle.

To me it just sounds like the ultimate AYM NOOOTRUL sociopath who will kill anyone to preverse some arbitrary cosmic "balance"

>you dumb assholes burned down my nice forest home so now I'm a'gonna infest your fucking bones with termites

I recognize those backgrounds.

Abjuration can absorb damage without even being in the front lines.

I play my druids as conservatives types who are reluctant to adapt to all the new fancy arcane magics and metals shit

>Neutral Evil
>Believe this world is unnatural and a paradign shift in nature will occur soon
>Just like meteors hitting causing evolutionary acceleration etc
>Life goal is to awaken the Tarrasque, befriend her and lead the world to a new world order of evolutionary perfection

That's how I play my evil druid anyway.

I play my Guardian Aasimar Druid as a happy go lucky Maui-esque guy, who was sent by a dopy primordial godess to spread the joy of life around a little.

Yeah I definitely want to play an abjuration wizard at some point too, but it seems like we will lack much of a frontline when we will start playing ToA

Play an Abjuration Wizard Dwarf. Wear Medium Armor, soak damage through your shield and having a high AC. Enjoy casting spells that stun/root/weaken enemies etc.

You're a Dwarven Defender! But a smart one!

Here's a list of wrong assumptions about druid that you're in no way obligated to comply with.
>Druid must be a loner and a hermit
>Druid must spend most of his time in the forest
>Druids only care about nature
>Druid must prefer animals to people
>Druid must have a heart attack every time he sees an animal killed, or a tree cut

Picrelated is a good example of a druid. A boy from a noble family, who doesn't really care about some fucking trees. He's pretty much forced by circumstances into becoming an apprentice to a druid, and his job entails not so much "Protecting muh sacred grove" and more like "Holy shit, unseelie fey want to wipe out the humanity (and also the seelie fey), I must stop them".

My Half-Orc Druid is basically Norman Borlaug, ending all the woes of civilization through engendering a deeper understanding of agriculture and cooperation with the natural world. Fuck all the hippie shit, all you need to know is crop rotation and selective breeding of crops for pest resistance to improve yields. Now there are fewer people starving, so there's fewer people stealing. Crime's down, murder's down, everyone's cool, and these fucking city-dwellers can stop expanding into my goddamn forest because I just doubled the production of all their fields.

Stay on your own goddamn side of the line and no one gets lightning bolted.

There was a badass example of a druid in the well written Jewel of Turmish FR novel.
He was amoral and completely devoted to the survival of the fittest trope, and was a badass warrior.

Someone else in this thread suggested dwarf wizard to wear medium armor, and I have to agree. That shit's good.

>muh malar

Good point. Druids are really just defenders of the natural flow of the world. You could be a totally sick Aberration hunting Druid or a barbaric dragon riding druid.

Druids are fucking cool once you get past the hippie faggotry.

>weekend session called off so DM can watch a fucking NASCAR race or some shit

cool cool yeah cool yeah yeah yeah cool yeah cool

this is the same dickshit DM who ditched us to go to gencon and I'm this close to just fucking off and finding a roll20 game

Playing a Rogue and I've just hit level 3 to become a Arcane Trickster. What should I multi-class into and how much?

This is what the group has for casters:
Ranger
Druid
Cleric

I mean, it kinda works with Abjuration Wizard.

Your DM is a selfish piece of shit. Ditch him.

I mean, not running for a week to go to gencon is pretty legit.

At that point wouldn't starting with one level in fighter be better? Medium Armor with a shield and defensive fighting style, and then take a race that gives me int

Yeah, you could. But dips tend to hurt casters, even little dips.

Druids were originally champions of balance and Neutrality in the same way paladins were champions of Law and Good. The druid position is that all the various factions of the multiverse - all those angels and demons, modrons and slaad, elementals and whatever the fuck else - should fuck off and leave the prime material plane to its natural existence.

So a "get off my lawn attitude" in which your "lawn" in the entire prime material plane. You're there to protect the physical world itself. You don't have to worry about a few trees.

Why isn't there an official way to make every creature in the Monster Manual a player race? Why are we stuck with humans, humans with ears/horns, little humans, big humans, multicolored humans, scaly humans, etc.? Why do you have to homebrew ubiquitous things like skeletons or bug people in 2017? Why are cringey catgirls an official race in lieu of anything better?

>Not wanting to be a Dwarf
>Playing an obvious 'wizard' race

You are disappointing me.

But yeah Fighter X/Wizard Y is probably the best way to go for the idea, whether or not Dwarf gives you armor proficiency because you going to want those few extra hitpoints, the heavy armor and the shield.

Might as well go Fighter 3 for action surge/heal. Maybe even Fighter 5/Wizard 15 for the extra attack action. I'm not really familiar with the rules of casting + attacking with multiple actions so I'd make sure before doing all of that. Worse case go Fighter 3 for battlemaster for a maneuver.

I wouldn't go into level 2 or 3 fighter until I was happy with where my wizard level was at. so like, Fighter 1/Wizard X until you are satisfied with a certain spell level then dump your next two levels into fighter for more benefits maybe?

most of it would just be too overpowered

>Druids were originally champions of balance and Neutrality
Which lead to ridiculous situations, like druid helping a lost child to reunite with his family, but then burning down their house to balance it out.

Why would you want to do that? That'll lead to horrendous power balance.

How am I suppose to be the hyper cancer character of my party by pretending to be Papyrus, my husbando if skeltals aren't stat'd?

Are fey extraplanar beings? They seem like they are but they're always tied to the natural world too.

You guys ever have any art of your characters commissioned? How did it turn out? Any recommendations?

I want them balanced, of course, that's what I mean. If that weren't an issue, you could just do it already.

I have! Pic related.

I'm playing her for the first time on Sunday, I'm hyped.

>Why are we stuck with humans, humans with ears/horns, little humans, big humans, multicolored humans, scaly humans, etc.?
>Why do you have to homebrew ubiquitous things like skeletons or bug people
You mean bony humans and humans with antennae?

well what did you honestly expect?

I honestly can't think of a time a party wouldn't be improved by having Papyrus in it.

>bony humans

This is a great example of racism! As a SJW I DEMAND that WotC insert UNskeltals! Humans who choose to remove all the bones from their bodies because they don't feel like skeletons deep inside!

In a word.

I expected a roleplaying game set in a fantasy world teeming with interesting races to have more than just Tolkien shit, genies, and whatever else. Warforged are a good start.

We already have slimes, nerd.

Stop false flagging and go back to

I agree but the cancer that is the Undertale community has ruined any chance of me playing the goofy skeleton in some random evil campaign.

Worse yet one of my favorite characters was a Water Genesi (or Undine) fighter that wielded a trident. Fuck me, right?

Do you let players come up with their own command words for magical items, or do you set the command words yourself?

Do rogue/warlocks work pretty well? Which rogue archetype should I go with?

:^)

I mean, yeah, but we're going to keep pointing it out until the fucking retards in this thread learn what it is.

He's a doughboy AND retarded, what a great character!

I prefer to make my own as a dm so that I can control how much of a problem it will be. Making the command word "I" is fucking great.

Until they gave the item to the half-orc barbarian who speaks in the third person

His charisma is so high because he is a momma's boy. She taught him how to speak to the ladies and be a good little gentleman.

I'd literally play him as some pudhy guy who puts oil in his hair and combs it down and is really sweet in a "aww he's retarded" kind of way.

Sure because you focus on Dex, maybe even be a feypact warlock. You could go thief or swashbuckler if you want to be all up in their grill.

Got to maintain concentration and get that Armor of Agathys synergy. I'm thinking darkness gives an average +5 AC, and I can use Shillelagh for melee.

Sounds fun as fuck, actually. I'm super non threatening in real life, so I could play him as a mega creeper, too.

>I'm super non threatening in real life, so I could play him as a mega creeper, too.
No.

>saiyan homebrew is both super fucking busted and super retarded an nonsensical
>don't even like Dragonball that much
>still wanna fix it

Just the fact you get Super Saiyan at level 3 triggers the fuck out of me. Even more that Super Saiyan only gives bonus damage and nothing else.

How are you casting shield with a shield and weapon in hand?

I don't even want to play a goofy skeleton, I want to be a skeletal necromancer, no memes. I hate waiting around for 5e to do something about it because I also hate being the "homebrew guy."

>cringey catgirls
Don't you mean furry humans, tabaxi are anthro but not anime levels of catgirl

if only creativity was encouraged

if youve read the material and are good with crunch and have great ideas why not implement them?

Spell component pouch memery
Drop-cast-pickup memery
DM-not-being-a-faggot memery

Shield is a reaction, so how do you drop your weapon as part of the reaction?

>saiyan
>class

Wut

You know that part of your somatic casting where you wave your hands around and make weird finger symbols?
You make the first gesture "completely opening up your hand".

Saiyan Fighter is the only Saiyan specific class to my knowledge.
I mean Saiyan itself could use some overhaul but Saiyan Fighter is dumb as fuck.

Wew, just had my first ever session, it was great fun

noob question, if I have a greatsword and a mace+shield as carried items, what is involved in switching between them? Do I use an action or what?

Drop sword for free, draw sword and shield as part of a move action, proceed to clobber fools.

Don/doff a shield is an action though. That said, most DMs don't really mind so should be fine.

Dropping a weapon is free.
Drawing a weapon can be part of your attack.
Per RAW, equipping a shield takes a full action.

But equipping a shield as an action is fucking retarded when it still takes up your hand so fuck it. Any DM I'd want to play with wouldn't enforce that rule.

What did you like about 5e?

Alright thanks. I have a feeling I'll stick to my greatsword for the most part since I've got GWF and GWM but it's good to know regardless.

Couldn't say, never played any other edition before. It was fun

>the Tavern Brawler winds up with a +3 Rod of Lordly Might
>at level 5
>he routinely drops it mid-combat to punch something and grapple them

Shoot your DM

Heya Veeky Forums, made a wild magic sorcererss for a game tomorrow and I wanted to get your opinions on the spells I took. Shes more of a support character, than a blaster per se. We have lots of high damage martials in the group, I just want to make them shine.

0/
Control Flames, Fire Bolt, Frostbite, Message, Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation
1/
Mage Armour & Shield
2/
Enhance Ability
3/
Counterspell, Fireball, Haste
4/
Banishment, Confusion, Polymorph
5/
Hold Monster & Telekinesis

Any recommendations or must have spells? Really the biggest thing on my wishlist is Grease, but its not on the sorcerer list for some reason. Cest la vie.

class/stat me /5eg/

lol

Doesnt work like that m9.

Good to hear, did everything run and flow smoothly? Did everything just work?

I think if you want to go support you should have gone Land Druid or Wizard.

But that spell lost looks fine. You've got the bases covered.

Ask your DM. To be honest, most don't enforce those rules as long as you're reasonable about it.

I'm pretty anal about some rules and that's one of the ones that I just don't bother with.

What are the differences between the different kinds of arcane focuses in terms of gameplay?

More or less, there were a couple small mixups but nothing too serious. I decapitated a bunch of cultists and almost one shot their leader thanks to a lucky great weapon master proc

She's my old characters daughter.

Last character was a an abjurationist. He about had a heart attack when it turned out his daughter was a sorceress. This is basically take two on that.

Oh, and the reason I'm playing her is that he didnt survive the fight against the reality devouring god they defeated. He got ate, soul and all, just before they killed it. Almost looking forward to the angst, to be honest.

Yeah, one of my villainous groupd was a group of insurgists fighting against the regulation of magic.

How big is your mini collection /5eg/?
Mine is 291 minis not counting duplicates and individual pieces in the sets like Tomb of Annihilation's Traps and Tombs set

My main issue with them is they're 100% combat unless you have the niche scenario where you need to dispel a magical trap or effect.

Literally none, they're just flavor differences

Just flavor, unless your DM decides crystals, wands, or orbs are easier to hide or maneuver with compared to staves.

only like 100 sadly I couldn't afford much when I was a kid

the bulk of mine I just got recently from the monster menagerie
im very pleased with the pieces honestly
will probably get more

It brings me great pleasure to provide minis for the group, I only started collecting recently because I only got into d&d with 5e but still own quite a few 3e and 4e ones

Well you can still pick any spell you like, its still a wizard

Make your own thread.

But human fighter with a 1-level dip in wizard for cantrips: Control Flames (Igni), Blade Ward (Quen) and Friends (Axii); and spells Burning Hands (Igni), Shield (Quen), Thunderwave (Aard), and Grease (Yrden).

Also this has been done before.