Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

THE BOAR edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Vermintide 2

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rmDOLVlkntQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PvXDik3-XG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Rr0J2mQRWqs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for not all druchii

anyone else have a dedicated fantasy group they play with?

most of the fantasy players left my lgs after AoS but ive found a new group that still likes fantasy

Yes all druchii.

Can't wait to rescue a sorceress from her terrible surroundings and nurse her out of her addiction to drugs And hold hands and snuggle with her.

Since when are dark elves drug addicts? They're just evil murderous slavers that exist to job to the high elves.
The beastmen to their Empire, so to say.

Yeah, but we haven't stepped foot in a GW or LGS to play in years. We just bounce between WFRP and heavily homeruled WFB as part of a long term campaign.

I think this is really well written, and probably would make a good speech.

>"Beastman bad. Bad Beastman. Dirty. Emperor no like. Beastman love Emperor. Give blood to Emperor. Give heads to Emperor. Say sorry."

Why are there no self-loathing beastmen in fantasy?

Creatures of chaos.

THE BOAR NED

They're born to Chaos from the moment they enter the world. It's why the Chaos gods snub them so much: humans have the free will to offer their service, which is much more interesting and useful to the Chaos gods. Beastmen are theirs no matter what, so who cares?

The Beastmen know this on an instinctual, primal level. It's a large part of what fuels their rage against mankind and their civilization: they're pissed that they're not mommy and daddy's favorite.

>Why are there no self-loathing beastmen in fantasy?

I'm sure there are. Lot of interesting stories you could do with a character like that, but their interaction with society would basically be them killing/avoiding other beastmen, or being hunted by humans because a beastman is still a beastman even if he isn't trying to kill you or smear shit on everything.

>Yeah, but we haven't stepped foot in a GW
thats probably for the better my local gw manager banned fantasy because he didnt like one of the players

>vampire
>eats you
>barren womb
>wants to turn you into a twilight character

>elf
>loves you more than any human could
>fertile
>won't turn you into a monster

Choice is obvious.

Druchii and wood elves need not apply.

It definitely is.

I'll choose the one that lets me live forever, please.

>live forever
>know no happiness of having children
>die to some witch hunter

Live forever in song as the man who made an elf love him with all her heart and sired with her great heroes worthy of their own sagas.

Vlad and Mannfred seem perfectly happy, what do you mean?

also i'm into femdom and you KNOW vampire bitches are into that

Still dead though.

alive enough

where are my norscan waifus?

>still being concerned with the flesh

This is why the vampires are weak. You will start the path but never follow it to it's logical conclusion.
Life is a weakness and your dependence on it is doubly so.
youtu.be/rmDOLVlkntQ

It would be more weaning her off backstabbing and BDSM, slowly working her return to tender dickings.

Says skellie who still has crush on vampire.

>>loves you
Highly unlikely.

Can a skaven adventure with humans by cunningly pretending to be an especially hairy and buck-toothed hafling?

So a friend of mine gave me a bunch of dwarf figures, and I would like to know guys what should I do with them for a 1000pts army

I have 10 warriors, 20 miners and 10 thunderers

They would think its beastmen at best.

What was Malekith's tax policy like?

A chad like Malekith doesn't need taxes.
Money, slaves and bitches come to him of their own volition.

>tfw no gotrek and felix game that combines the best parts of the god of war and witcher games

>midget wank the game
We need more games with badass elves like Heretic, Aenarion/Tyrion/Malekith hack and slash when?

My dream game is an elf simulator with dragons dogma like combat and even crazier prince of persia movability where your character is significantly more fragile that his opponents, but can make up for it by parrying, spacing, quick switches from melee to range combat and stealth that isn't shit. Also exploration of dangerous environments and ruins.

Though what you are suggesting sounds more like a dynasty warrior game.

Slavery
Torture
Rape, from both genders
Orgies
Human Sacrifice
Cloaks made from slaves' flesh

But drugs are a no-no

youtube.com/watch?v=PvXDik3-XG0
I want FPS about High Elf mage or swordmaster in ruins of Old World.

Yeah, witch elves definitely use drugs.
And I remember from Malus Darkblade books that regular elves use drugs too, they call them powders or something and there's that extract from some plant that acts like morphine and is addictive, don't remember the name.
So there's junkies for sure. Not even counting cultists of Slaanesh.

Play an assassin in DS3

Low weight for rolls
Target Shield for parries
Composite bow for ranged combat
Magic for stealth

There, problem solved

They are based on Melniboeans, so they of course have to use drugs, even if High Elves are really toned down, de-edged Melniboeans.

This may surprise you, but the Souls games are not the end of all video games.

I'd allow it. Ratman would need to be swathed in robes, but it feels like good old fashioned Warhammer humour at its best.

You're not making 1000 points with that. If you're looking for suggestions to up it to 1000 points then I'd say start by reading through the dwarf army book for models you like and go with those, build a 1000 point list and see what you want to buy.

If you want my personal recommendation then add a hero, either a runesmith or thane, to be your general, then pick up a war machine, probably a cannon or stone thrower, then get some more warriors to fill out a unit of them, 10 more for 20 total is a fine amount. That'll give you a taste of everything the dwarves are about, fat melee units and shooting.

This may surprise you but no one cares about your opinion on Souls games.

The guy made a suggestion for a way you can live out your dreamwank, if your reaction to being told "you can do that in Dark Souls" is to be condescending and build a strawman to fight, then you may just be autistic.

>Dark Souls
>dragons dogma like combat and even crazier prince of persia movability
>quick switches from melee to range combat and stealth that isn't shit.

hahahaha

Indeed he is a turbo autist

Pretty sure they're fully dead at this point.

thanks! Yeah, of course I'm planning to add units to reach 1000 pts. My first tought was a Thane, a organ gun and 10 longbeards, which seems to fit your opinion. The remaining points will be runes and banners and stuffs

>biggest infantry block is the miners
I see some issues.

More wine, your grace?

FETCH ME THE BOOAAR STRETCHER

>Why are there no self-loathing beastmen in fantasy?

They already ARE self-loathing. As Chaos's abused children they hate humans, themselves, and the whole world for their doomedness.

A rare case of actually seeing a Sigmarite sermon, too.

>also i'm into femdom and you KNOW vampire bitches are into that

Vampires seem universally attracted to people of strong will, so you better have some sass.

It depends on the group. They would have to be extraordinarily stupid for this ruse to work for long...but there is a long history of skaven canonically pretending to be humans short term and fooling people at close proximity for short periods of time. In the Gotrek & Felix novels, this is done in Nuln herself (though later successes owe to drunken nobles at a costume ball), and in the Brunner the Bounty Hunter series one particularly gutsy ratman manages to hire Brunner without him realizing he's a skaven.

Can anyone think of credible circumstances where a skaven would team up with a normal adventuring party? Maybe a temporary alliance to secure a macguffin or escape from a fortress.

The only time it worked in Skavenslayer was when a Skaven pretended to be a human dressed up as a Skaven.

In one of the Tales of the Ten-Tailed Cat, a skaven spy manages to pass himself off as a hooded stranger.
Wish I could find it.

I̱̭ͭ ͖̫̬̮̩̥̋̀Ț̎͆͊͌̿ͩH̼̼̗̻͚̬ͭ̄ͮ͊ͮ͛Ĭ͖̣̦̟̏ͦ̃̄̐N̝̖̞̯ͦͩͩ̂K ̻̮̗͉̮̟͍I̯͔͔̟͑̏̄̔'̿͌M̬̹̹̪͈ͯ̉ͫ̋̚ ̼͗ͪͯI̗̭̪͉N̹̱̩͛ ͬ͐̊Ṭ̱̬̗̈́̒ͭH̥̮̫ͩ̿E͚̹̬̤ͮ ͚̮̦̼ͣͦ͐C̘̝̝͎̙̦ͬ̄̊͋O̥̬̳͕ͯ͐ͩ̆̈́M͖̹ͬP̳͓̥̤̺̟̼͗̍̊ͭ̚Ṻ́ͭ̂ͩ͗Ṯ͙̱̙̠̈́ͨẺ̂̍R̼̝̞̹̣ͯ

Thanquol himself passes himself off as human in the slums to deliver messages, albeit in very brief spurts.

This one?

continued

Malekith still has a dick?

last one

Yep, that's the one. Thanks.

Would u pat a slave-scribe?

The guy in the third panel looks him straight in the face. How does he not notice that something is amiss?

bad lighting + grog
with my az

He might be wearing a veil.

End Times, so not canon

>everyone is going on about elves or vampires
>cute girls are literally wandering through the towns of the Empire and Bretonnia, that will put out within your lifetime and aren't monsterous

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

not my fault, He bought 10 metal miners and got the 10 others from the 7th edition starter box

W-what's wrong with miners? I tought they were just like dwarf warriors with extra rules

Those Skaven look...odd. I'd always figured they were less humanoid with rat heads, and more...I don't know how to put it, cartoonish. Like Pinky and the Brain, or Redwall. Their arms would be muscular and human-like, but the rest would be like if a rat started walking on its hind legs. And closer to the height of a dwarf or goblin than a human.

Agghhh...

Of all the major races I think they are the ones whose style vary the most between illustrators. They can look like humans in rat suits, like mutated monkey-rodents or like literal rats walking on their back legs (pic related).

>2 months after the launch of Total Warhammer 2.
>First FreeLC drops
>Hag Graef playable
>Lead by Malus Darkblade voiced by Sean Pertwee.
>Buffed cold one knights.
>Hauclir as recruitable lord with a retinue of cutthroats/mercs.
>Betray Malekith and Whorathi and take Naggoroth for myself.

Best day of my fucking life.

It's the hair on the faces.
Older images of skaven sometimes have hair on their faces, but the vast majority of 'modern' (post 6th edition) skaven have bald faces.

Outside artists make that mistake all the time. Queek Headtaker in TWW2 for example looks wrong for that reason.

I have a question:

What is so important about the warhammer world?

I like him although imo he looks more like a tasmanian devil than a rat. It suits his personality though since he's supposed to be a rabid, perpetually angry little shit.

It has races from galaxy cramped on single planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rr0J2mQRWqs

>not banging Whorathi pregnant

>implying this old hag can still bear children

Their feet are hairy too - it makes them look more like some sort of werewolf than a rat. Look at how your picture has bald feet for the Skaven in command.

It's not that it actually is, it just happens to be where the Chaos Gods have managed to stretch a foothold thanks to the collapse of the Polar Gates. It could have been any world, technically.

Witch Elves use fucktons of drugs, and many sorceresses are orbital or direct members of Morathi's Cult of Pleasure. Which definitely involves consuming a bunch of drugs.

Yeah.

We mostly play Skirmish though.

So would anyone mind helping to seed that ~20GB file on the pastebin with 'Everything ever published for Blood Bowl, Man O' War, and Warmaster, plus a ton of WHFB, Mordheim, and magazine content'? I managed to find a mirror of it somewhere else and it's got barely any seeders, or at least ones that have it fully downloaded!

Well she is an elf so probably still able, with magic and what not....but I'd rather try my luck with Hellebron. She'd be the angriest pregnant woman ever.

>not monstrous
>obvious Slaanesh cultist planting heresy into the hearts of men with her accursed vulva

I'm too smart to fill into this trap.

Actually it's only in Black Library, it's not even in the End Times books.

>Witch Elf realizing that her bikini armour doesn't fit her anymore because of the pregnancy
God, and imagine the cravings.

In the warhammer fantasy series, it's basically the only world known to exist in the "material plane"

> First Lord paid DLC of TWW2
> Malus Darkblade and Hellebron vs Alarielle and Alith Anar
> Will need to part with my shekels to play as Malus

I wonder if they'll ever add Finubar.

No, Finubar is just a Veeky Forums meme, he never had rules, a model or official artwork.

Yeah, and neither did Frost Wyrms, but they're in it now.

Besides that he's the damn Phoenix king no way they ain't giving him a role.

You realize Hellebron is only hot for like three months of the year, right?