MTG Commander/EDH General

"Why can't I hold all these ETBs?" Edition

Previously on /edh/: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What's your favorite way to reanimate things? How does it actually win you the game, and how do you deal with hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-13942936-da9ad3df6ba8c4324682904babe69df9.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-09-17-what-a-horrible-night-to-have-a-curse/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>People completely ignore my Parallel Lives and Anointed Procession
>Slap down an Avenger of Zendikar with 10 lands on the board
>40 tokens
>play a fetch land and use it
>tokens are now all 2/3s
>Atraxa player uses his Elspeth, Sun's Champion to kill my Avenger
>Blue people Cyclonic Rift's
>Cast Teferi's Protection
>Their Planeswalker sparks activate as they tilt into another plane of existance

God damn I fucking love Teferi's Protection

>Thread question
Not exactly reanimation, but Tunnel Visions -> Replenish is one of my favourite combos. Otherwise cheap reanimation of high cmc jank or your opponent's best dude is as good as it gets for me.

>What's your favorite way to reanimate things?
On the cheap and sometimes briefly at instant.

>How does it actually win you the game
I usually play decks where that's more of an improv question. We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

>and how do you deal with hate?
Dejectedly.

Meet my wife.
She's a bit on the costly side, but she's got a real fat ass and is really helpful around the house, isn't afraid to get her hands dirty pulling things up.

>they erratad phasing to allow stupid timmy plays like this
Fuck WotC.

>m-m-muh cyclonic rift

Has she actually been printed with that art?

I don't even care about that. I'm just mad they removed the "permanent phase out of opponent's commander" combo and the reason they did this was to streamline play for timmies.

buddy Boros charm and similar cards have existed for a long time now. Teferi's Protection is just an answer to Cyclonic Rift which every blue player runs in their deck.

>the reason they did this was to streamline play for timmies

The reason they did it was because there wasn't really any reason for phasing to eat tokens anymore. Phasing had been a zone change, so getting rid of tokens made sense, then when they switched it around so that it was no longer a zone change, they kept the token interaction as something kind of grandfathered in. Unless you know the whole history of Phasing, looking at it as it currently exists now would give you no reason to believe it should get rid of tokens, so it doesn't.

It's not "streamlined for timmies", it's fixing a clunky, unintuitive rule leftover from a design change.

What commander is that? I want to make a deck with her, with lots of wonderful white wheenies.

Thank you for helping me with my Sidisi deck last general guys. Although I was wondering would it be better to run Razaketh, the Foulblooded over Sidisi or should he stay in the 99 because he costs more?

It seems to be an alternate art of Reya Dawnbringer by Steve Argyle. It never made it onto an actual printing of her, but it's available as a playmat. Not sure if there's a story to it or he just made it for fun.

I run black daxos and I run a swamps matter suite (coffers, magus, urborg expedition map). Should I also run this, or just suck it up and buy a demonic tutor

Also I need some draw power either way, but I can't find anything strong enough. Is there a list of draw cards for wb?

Get demonic tutor if you can.

Also: Necropotence, bloodgift demon, phyrexian arena?

If you run urborg and/or blanket, then make sure to run a mana web

Phyrexian Arena, Underworld Connections, Necropotence, Night's Whisper, Land Tax+Scroll Rack

I run everything but bloodgift demon. I'll take another look at him. I constantly have issues with not having enough life in the game.
My nigga.

Bob is phyrexian arena on a stick, necropotence and ad nauseam are some of the best card draw in the game (especially since you have more life points than you'll ever need in edh).

Bob and Ad Nauseam are going to beat his ass in Daxos. It's not some storm deck with low cmc.

Fuck you, bring back banding.

What's next, you're going to jack off to the batch system?

That's a neat interaction between rack and tax. Underworld connections really worth it though? I disregarded that card early but I might throw it back in

>not having all your decks have an average cmc of 3 or lower

No, but I would like damage to use the stack again. Also, mana burn.

So you're 4 out of 5 for a shitty opinion Bingo.

speaking of reanimation..

can someone r8 my gonti deck I've been trying to build for months?
I'm having trouble getting a good balance between reanimation and flicker effects.
I love gonti as a card, would love to have him as my second commander.

deckstats.net/deck-13942936-da9ad3df6ba8c4324682904babe69df9.html

>It's more fun if it's easier to understand
Casuals like you are what is ruining this game.

It's not as good as Phyrexian Arena imo but Daxos cares about enchantments so I would consider it in his deck. You could olay Greed or Erebos instead and still draw with an enchantment.

Is Dark Confidant a good card in EDH?

It can be, in a competitive deck.

I just want to play Abzanchantments

Should I use a commander that doesn't have any synergy or resign myself to playing Blaxos?

If your average CMC is 3 or less.

What about 3.3?

How do you go about minimizing Comander Tax when playing Mairsil and flicker him?

Does putting Reassembling Skeleton and similar cards allow Mairsil to constantly revive himself/go revival-crazy with Overeager Apprentice/Crosis' Apprentice?

*Crosis Attendant

Should work.

Wrong

Okay.

Doesn't work. Mairsil only has his abilities while on the battlefield.

Karador would do fine.

What a shame.

This doesn't work if they don't have B in their Commander's colors.

Have you been living under a rock the past few years? You've been able to produce mana outside of your color identity for quite some time now.

Rule was changed, lands can produce colors outside the commander's color identity now without turning colorless.

Fuck I'm retarded

It's okay friendo. Just enjoy the strong interaction

How about Tymna+Sidar Konda?

Use Apprentice Necromancer/Doomed Necromancer. One in the grave one under Mairsil and you can do it for BB.

Forgot to mention, you should have Apprentice Necromancer under Mairsil to give the Doomed Necromancer haste.

Razaketh will be banned in the future, better keep Sidisi as your general

Is 3.3 < 3?
Is 3.3 = 3?

What wincons should i run in my inalla deck?
currently using niv mizzet + curiosity and wanderwine prophets for combos and just a ton of etb disruption

This won't end well for you.

Ashnod's/Bloodline Necromancer

Not him, but I don't know how anyone could tolerate having not one, but TWO ugly-as-fuck commanders leading their decks.

Anathemancer + Panharmonicon is sweet in greedy groups running a ton of non-basics.

Was that guy talking about Razaketh?

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE AMONKHET STORY TO ME???

Why did Nicola Bolas destroy the plane that was generating his zombie army? Why didn't he just take the zombie army and leave them to keep making more? I don't get it.

Wizards just wanted a setting to play out a communist revolution and brought Bolas to play out the baddie.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that though. Phasing was always meant to make things cease existing without actually going away. It's how it should've always worked with tokens.

Yeah. There was one tard obsessed with Razaketh who is convinced he's the most broken thing since Yawgmoth's Bargain.

Kek

>8 mana
>requires a sacrifice and 2 life
>busted

why are so many EDH players bad?

I really like the elf theme, how bad of an idea would it be to buy Guided by nature and build an elf tribal from that skeleton with ezuri as the commander. Is it at all competitive?
Im ok if it can atleast stay alive for a while, i have other decks that are actually competitive

He was in the minority in EDHg, so I wouldn't call EDH players bad. It's little Timmy who is bad at card assessment.

To all the people saying that Razaketh is bad:
Have you played with/against the deck?

>People aren't saying he's Griselbrand levels of busted and ban worthy therefore people are saying he's bad

Are you perhaps retarded? By the time you get him out an opponent will have some way to deal with him. You'll get one tutor in and than he'll die. Maybe two if you're lucky.

No one said he's bad. He's just not some busted piece of shit like you think. A friend of mine switched out the commander of his Mono-B deck for Razaketh and added a few more combo pieces to search (along with all of the usual black ramp) and it didn't play that differently from usual. It was no stronger for having Razaketh as the commander. It still took him a solid turn or two longer to drop than Sidisi and he rarely had enough creatures to sac because people wouldn't let him keep a board. Sidisi can at least exploit herself, Razaketh needs other creatures to function, costs more, and has no inherent protection to make up for the extra cost. In a game of easy 2-card-combos, you rarely need more than what Sidisi brings to the table.

>Sidisi can at least exploit herself

Wait really? I never knew this.

Yeah, Exploit doesn't specify "another creature" so she can use it on herself for an easy search without having to weaken your board. Sidisi is, at worst, a 5-mana tutor in the commander zone.

It's common to all exploit creatres. makes Sidisi's Faithful really fun in Inalla with the right setup.

It's a repeatable tutor was the argument, which is a strong effect true but you need to feed the sucker so that means you need previous setup which makes him way less threatening, him costing 8 doesn't really mean much considering the amount of ways you have to cheat the cost, people cheated grizzle-dizzle out no problem back when he was legal, no I'm not saying tutorman is anywhere near as strong as phyrexian bargain on a stick.

He's better in the 99 than as the commander IMO.

This is a key component of Sidisi Ad Naus, which has

>Black Sidisi in the command zone
>Ad Naus in the deck
>Skirge Familiar and Exsanguinate in the deck
>As many mana-positive spells as your budget can handle, up to a total deck CMC of 20 or something so you can still draw it all with Ad Naus
>Maybe a Spellbook if you're short on mana-positives to guarantee landing Skirge off Ad Naus.
>The rest Swamps.

Turn 5, or earlier with rocks, you drop Sidisi and tutor Ad Naus. On the next turn (or the same turn if you were holding just the right rit effects) you land Ad Naus, ritual up the Skirge Familiar, and dump the rest of your 80+ card hand for a board-killing Exsanguinate. It's a "trivial extreme" EDH deck; without interference it will win on or before Turn 6 100% of the time (Spellbook variants, turn 7) but it folds to any counterspell, any 'immunity' (Angel's Grace/Teferi's), or enough damage that it can't afford to draw everything with Ad Naus.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-09-17-what-a-horrible-night-to-have-a-curse/

Can I get some suggestions for my dumb Edgar Markov curse deck? I mostly want to grab a few more enchantment tutors for it but I'm not sure what to cut.

Yeah, you can't cheat the sucker out for a B via Reanimate if he's your general.

what are some decent combos that can be thrown into the vampire precon? I feel trying to get swarms of tokens without any doubling effects isn't going to be enough to win most matches

What about cheaty reanimator decks and ramp decks?

He was sick of paying it's cumulative upkeep

there's always anointed procession

As far as the new curses go, do they trigger if an opponent attacks an opponent with a curse? I mean do you get the benefits when someone else attacks the cursed player?

Yes, that's why they're worded so strangely

Add this card for the vampire kill combo

>playing Inalla
>Ghostly flicker, target whatever
>Cast Dualcaster, trigger Inalla to copy Dualcaster.
>Both Dualcasters target Ghostly Flicker. Each Flicker targets a basic land and the original Dualcaster.
>Original Dualcaster re-enters, use the untapped land to copy it and the Flicker again.
>Repeat this over and over to create infinite hasty 2/2 tokens

Does this work?

>can be voltron, aggro, control, combo
>any theme you want
>any way you want
>infinite permutations and archetypes in one commander
Why are you not playing EDH kino, Veeky Forums?

I want to get in the cage but I don't know how to build the master of jank

Yeah that was one I was going to throw in for sure

Didn't know that existed, so I'll be throwing that in for sure. I've been out of magic for a a few sets now so coming back and seeing some stuff like that is outstanding.

I will go out and buy all the jank possible in my area if someone posts some of the most interesting and fun combos that I should look out for.

Neat.

How does Marsail Voltron work?

But do those counters stick with him as he travels between zones? Otherwise you'll need to blink him a lot.

Pick what you like, my dude.

Do you enjoy Planar Bridge and cheating out a shitload of Eldrazi? Do you want to blow up the world repeatedly with Nevinyyral's Disk? Do you want to play the long con, inevitably exiling threat after threat until you're drawing cards and generating shitloads of mana every turn?

The world is in your hands.

Figure it out for yourself you fucking filth.

Jodah's Avenger and Pestilent Souleater, for starters.

Cage counters are cage counters even when Mairsil is dead. Just get him back into play.

I made a decklist of Mairsil bouncing to cage more useful cards for him, but I found it way too slow and often leave me defenseless.

How do I effectively build a deck with jank in mind?

Run board wipes and answers to protect your jank. Only dedicate maybe ten slots to Mairsil targets.

He's definitely tempting me. He's the true spirit of EDH in one card. The only drawback is that he's in Grixis and I just built Inalla combo Wizardball. And I'm working on getting the pieces together for my Patron of the Moon deck. I've got too much blue going on and not enough copies of the cards I need. I'm running out of Islands.

You are correct, I misread it and thought the counters went on him and not the exiled cards.

>tfw ordered 20 cards for a semi-competitive marsil deck
>came out to $8
JANK LIVES