Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1716: Big Musical Number Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

But I DO like jumpchain. It's a really interesting concept. I just think I could make it a more writefag-friendly environment.
Again, I'm not saying everyone should do what I'm doing. If you like making OP jumpers, make OP jumpers. *I* have an OP jumper. I'm just saying that from a writefag's perspective, OP jumpers are boring.

You aren't allowed personal opinions. All opinions are either universally positive or an attempt to end jumpchain, and must be considered declarations of fact. Everyone knows this, user.

Dammit, you're right! My opinion is wrong, and therefore heresy! Emperor damn it!

Who is the best sifu in all of jumpchain?

Your attempts of having a chain without an OP protagonist/mary sue are just as doomed to fail as everyone else who has tried it over the last three years.

Also it's poor form to carry on an argument from last thread when everyone is already entrenched in their positions. Particularly as the first post in the new thread. Especially when it's about something as inane as this.

Sam Vimes.

>I just think I could make it a more writefag-friendly environment.

How exactly?

I'm being serious.

What is the most useful item you have bought in your chain?

What is your favorite even if it is not the most useful?

But your honor, I'm not finished.

Not that person but: There's no real room for growth in a too powerful character.

Old drama stays in old thread, faggot. Lurk moar.

Speak for yourself. I write for my chain, and I like that my Jumper could trash half the setting if they wanted to. Of course, they don't want to, since that would mess with Firedalle's economy.

YOU ARE NOW

most useful is Charm Pouch from Secret of Evermore
favorite? maybe the Worthy Weapon from Marvel Magic

By allowing the creation of non-OP protagonists. Nearly every jumper is a literal god who solves problems with a single twitch of their throbbing erection.
This. Conflict is the soul of drama. Without conflict, a character cannot grow and change and they're not interesting. Plus, it makes them totally unrelatable. They become a concept more than a fully fleshed-out character.

>growth is getting stronger
>conflict must be external
Take your shonen-shitting elsewhere.

>Firedalle's economy.
what's that?

Well, a lot of people here are just having a fun power fantasy, so that's not all that much of a problem. If an individual wants to hold themselves back, that should also not be a problem, and they should be able to discuss their weird house rules or opinions.

It would help if you didn't state those opinions like a petulant child mocking others for their fun, though.

The problem is that you're opening your fat mouth and complaining at us about your personal problem. We don't care! And doing it publicly like this comes across as a call to change, like you want to force all of us to play to your tastes, which is obviously going to make everyone hate your guts.

I'm not saying conflict can't be internal, it's just a lot harder to make an interesting story that way.
Sorry. Sometimes I watch too much Zero Punctuation.

>By allowing the creation of non-OP protagonists.

This isn't a solution. You're not suggesting anything new or novel and if Quicksilver couldn't make it happen some user approximately 1716 threads in is not going to be able to. Particularly given your plan amounts to "less OP stuff protags lol".

In fact it was vague enough that I'm starting to think you're a troll.

You're already fucking allowed. You're basically trying to change the way jumping works so it's not 'allowed' but mandatory.

So far the most useful I have would probably be overlord ring of erlu.

But my favorite so far is the fate stay night ruby necklace, I have so much mana stored in that thing. I just dump all the mana I have at the end of the day into it to help build my leaky limiter from mushoku tensei. 70 years worth of that every day is a lot, and thats before I hit one of the long jumps. When I hit desolate era or another xianxia its really gonna be stupidly useful.

It's not a personal problem. Not creating an OP character is something every author, from the newest of writefags to Terry Pratchett himself.

Cain
My favorite would be the Evelyn pistol from bloodborne, not the most practical of weapons but it has yet to fail in its purpose of getting people to kindly stop talking.

This.

>It's not a personal problem
Yes, yes it is. You are voicing your problem with writing a character. A problem you can solve on your own too. Just you arguing about how it's everyone's problem makes it more obvious you want to change the rules for your own autistic sake. Shut the fuck up or go away.

>I'm just saying that from this* writefag's perspective
Fixed that for ya.

Do you Dual Wield jc?

How long until you import it into Soul Eater so you can fuck it?

No you don't. For any of this.

>it's just a lot harder to make an interesting story that way
So git gud and stop shooting for the lowest common denominator, faggot-kun. Your inability to tell a story without resorting to shonen / Michael Bay'esq spectacle is not our fault. Stop fucking crying about how, after three plus years of running, you, shiny new faggot, are going to come in and single-handedly save /jc/. If you think what you're doing has merit or you enjoy it: do it. Or don't. Just shut the fuck up about it, make a decision, and then execute.

Jumpchain is fine. It'll go until it doesn't, and then we'll all move on to something else.

But nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play it the new way.
The fact that nobody has managed to do it just means that there's nobody who has managed to do it. It doesn't mean it's impossible.
Thanks. I try to keep myself objective, but a little subjectivity creeps in from time to time.

>There's no real room for growth in a too powerful character

Yes, there is. Just not a physical one.

Let's say for example some middle jumper with tons of magical and martial prowess. Someone who can create and destroy at continent ,if not planetary, level.

What prevents them from doing whatever they want in whatever setting they're at the time?

Morals, and whatever companions the jumper has.

If the story can't progress with physical fights against the week enemy then you just have to take the battleground to another level.

Or, just go like Isekai smartphone and have the OP jumper explore the place while beating everyone like nobody business. Silliness is good in its own way.

The Ice Town from Frozen. Currently the only Kingdom I have that follows me post-jump.

Speaking of, anyone know where I could go to get more of those?

No it is your problem, if you dont like it change how you do things and stop whining about it. It is very much your own personal problem. If you do not want to get op or whatever go to cyoa general, I hear tbey have a wonderful cyo waifu builder now and a few of them do amazing image and cyoa work.

>But nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to play it the new way.
You're trying to change the rules, so effectively you would be for community participation. Again, fuck off, /cyoag/. Go make your own take on this concept. You've done it before and after jumpchain was a thing. Stop forcing this to be something it's not.

Good point. I think I've been constraining myself.

You don't have a plan and you haven't presented any suggestion as to how to improve stuff. Explain yourself and tell us how you propose to make a satisfying chain without an OP protagonist or fuck off.

It's all very well drawing a picture of a clock and saying "we need to invent the time machine" but unless you've got a plan for how to do it people are just going to look at you like you're retarded.

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to tell the mewing cunt. You're remarkably lucid sometimes. Though your failure to post big anime titties with your reply is shameful.

Shame.

Jumpchain is, in it's purest form, self-insert crossover fanfic. There's nothing in there that says the protagonist has to be uber-powerful.

Jumpveria from Marvel Magic
Village from Moana

So are you going to tell us what you'd actually do to fix /jc/ or not?

You should read the guilds cheat receptionist, its about an elf girl with max stats and how it is ruining her life.

Then don't write your jumper as uber powerful. Done, there's your solution. Now go shove it up your ass and be on your way.

Most useful item would have to be either Living Sword (danmachi) or Boosted Gear (DxD).
favourite item would probably be the accelerated time garden from Generic Xianxia

>non-OP protagonists
This is really easy. Just don't take any comic book, Fate, Exalted, or other ridiculous jumps.

>few of them do amazing image and cyoa work
Especially the author of CYOAs like Blood Magic and the most recent Worm

If you want to play /jc/:Sliders Edition, then you're free to do so. Only go Drop-In. Don't buy any perks that couldn't reasonably be learned, and just houserule that those perks you bought you acquired via instruction and experience over the course of the jump.

BOOM.

There's your concept. Now go play and stfu about it.

Basically, I'm doing this.
Oh, wait. No I'm not, I'm having an argument on the internet.
...I'll be back.

>Only go Drop-In. Don't buy any perks that couldn't reasonably be learned, and just houserule that those perks you bought you acquired via instruction and experience over the course of the jump.

Thank you, user. There's my new chain. Have some Pocket Sweat

I've done a chain with halved starting points and it went pretty well as far as keeping my Jumper from omnipotence.

>...I'll be back.

No you won't. The red light showing up through the sunglasses means the flesh covering is gone. This mean there is a whole in the field generated by living flesh that protects one from the extreme forces of time travel. Attempting to do so now will result in your termination, and you cannot self terminate.

As a writing promp, jumpchain is extremely versatile, so it's difficult to have problems in a chain that are not selfcreated.

Also, have anime tiddies. I have so many images in my computer...

Couldn't he just like, take a steak and slap it over his eye?

>Also, have anime tiddies. I have so many images in my computer...
And that's why I like you, Ricco.

What do you do with all those tiddies, beyond sharing them with us?

>wasting steak
They're genocidal robots, user, not assholes.

Where can I find a good set of sexy horns? Either in the form of an altform or an item, or maybe even a companion. I just want some sexy horns.

Apart from Changeling the lost, what WoD jumps we have? The folder doesn't show me anything. Also can someone post the Changeling jump here?

The flesh has to be living.
People constantly miss a line from Terminator. >Kyle Reese: "You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go. "

>Most useful item
My black suit. Saved my ass a lot during early chain.

>Favourite
Probably my aura ribbon from PMD.

Originally not so much, but now I dual-wield a sword and whip.

Could you post the rest please?

Most of the rest are marked WoD - Splat the Ominous Noun, so they're near the end of the N-Z unimaged folder.

There are exactly ZERO options for the highest tier of horns, deer horns. There are only a few for medicore horns, like goat horns. Unfortunately though, we are rife with the lowest tier of horns of all, the disgusting and wretched cow horns.

...I bet Skynet could grow steaks.
Man, Skynet could be a great boon to humanity if humans didn't try to murder it when it was a child.

Vampire the requiem vampire the masquerade, mage the something or other, genius the transgression, mummy the bandages or something, and one person was working on leviathein but we havent heard from him in months.

LEVIATHEN user WERE HAVE YOU GONE WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US?

They're just there. Maybe in my university days had been different but since I graduated and started working my libido is more or less dead.

But this is not my blog, so let's go back to jumpchain and tell me what do you want to see in my next jumps?

Why doesn't he just slap a cat over his eye?

Because the cat wouldn't like it, obviously. Its a Terminator, not a monster!

Bees.

Go to gen, fuckboi

You could go city of heros tuatha, were deer could look like something pretty nice under the right circumstances.

Every letter in the alphabet except B.

>tell me what do you want to see in my next jumps

2furry4me

How about you satisfy my need for CYOA while I lie back and watch you work, mai fuckboi.

No, this is the wrong thread. But it'll be in a CYOAG archived thread

1st, risky. You don't want to take risks with Time Travel. Remember, each time machine Skynet builds it only got to use once before the Resistance comes in and fucks it up and little asshole siblings. It never gets to truly test it and find the machines limits or how to fix them. So it wants to be absolutely sure each time it sends something through.

2nd, one of the first things Skynet infected as it became aware is the internet. It grew up on cat videos. I don't think it would want to purposefully harm cats.

I would like to see a jump based on the piers anthony xanth series. Or dragonriders of pern. Or possibly warded man series.

I'm only a pair of anime tits for you user?

Fair enough.

This better?

So, I missed Worm_user again, but on the off chance your still here: can you make friendbringers companions? I offer tribute.

This is Veeky Forums. Anime tits are highly valued and worshiped, more so than people.

Much better.

Damn I really want a beastwoman slave to fu- pet lightly upon the head.

What jumps sell these? Preferably as followers not companions.

That cinnamon roll could use some mustard.

First off, given the amount of pedo faggotry DFC posting the fact that you're posting big stonkin' anime titties is no small deal. You're the hero we need, not the one we deserve.

Also, you occasionally say and do funny shit so there's that.

Mustard is a trash condiment for trash people user.

Tits are a valuable currency though I much prefer anime butts.

I see you whining about things more than anyone posting them. You've really got an obsession problem. Perhaps a guilt complex.

>Neon pastel yellow mustard is a trash condiment for trash people user.
FTFY

Spicy brown mustard is fucking fantastic.

Buy? Don't know. Not without going and hunting down the dark drives possibly SB and banned drive stuff
Your best bet is to make one yourself. Grab some genetic engineering perks along with some cloning perks for good measure.
Oh, and grab the learning pods from Venture Bros to fill and shaped their minds to your desire.

>cinnamon roll
>mustard.

Huh?

>Not wanting both

Silly user.

Flat chests are fine too, all breasts deserve love.

Meh, its ok. I'm more of a honey mustard guy.

For A Bad Influence’s 0 CP version, can you still get rid of the shard by shifting to an altform, or does it being a drawback mean you have one in all forms?

>The local chain restaurant keeps giving people honey mustard when they ask for barbeque sauce to try and move more units of it.