Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Army and Skirmish warband Builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg/:

First for the DAWI. Take back the HOLDS LADS

I might be mistaken, but it seems that Saurus Scar-veteran on Carnosaur works better as a unit-supporting general than Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur. He is also 40pts cheaper. Am I wrong? Did I miss any Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur secret potential?

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- General
- War Spear
- Trait: Mighty War Leader
- Artefact: Coronal Shield
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Spears
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline

Behemoths
Troglodon (180)

Total: 1000/1000

Also if my army has both ORDER and SERAPHON allegiance, can I mix the allegiance abilities or I have to stick with only one set of abilities? Defiant Avengers seems to be a great battle trait but I prefer Seraphon command traits and artefacts

Well said brother!!

What faction do you guys think improved the most with GHB17?

Personally I think that Fyreslayers have evolved from a trash fire faction without any defining features to a fairly good contender against most other factions.

>can I mix the allegiance abilities

Literally read the book.

You run a list a lot like a friend of mine does; we took a look at it and concluded the Scar-Vet is probably the better choice than the Oldblood too. Defiant Avenger is good, but it's nearly pointless with Seraphon given how you all have Bravery 10 - you have to stick with just one set, and Seraphon Allegiance is far better suited to you.

I for one welcome my 8 inch strutting dorfs

They just need some more units desu

>about to begin painting my first miniatures
>never really painted prior to now

help.

I've watched the videos on how to paint my particular units, but fuck me, I doubt it'll look anything like Duncan's.

I have read user, but even after GHB17 release some user claimed that you can mix them. Hell, there is even a guy at my lgs that wants to mix abilities on his list. I just wanted to be sure desu

Okay, thank you
>You run a list a lot like a friend of mine does
Any conclusions or comments? I know it's a super vanilla list - just two SC boxes put together but is it okay to run?

Thin your paints. No, really - don't be afraid to thin them much. You can always just put a second or thrid coat and that's fine
> I doubt it'll look anything like Duncan's
Mate, even Duncan started as shitty painter. Be patient, wait until your paints dry before applying another coat and wash your brushes as often as possible.
What are you painting?

Ahhh, yes, I'm in your very same situation.

I'm just waiting on some brushes and I'm good to go, got 8 Liberators and 3 Prosecutors ready to paint.

Basically the only protip I got so far, multiple times, is:

REMEMBER TO FUCKING THIN YOUR PAINTS WITH A TOUCH OF WATER, YOU FAGGOT

Interested in rolling soulblight with the new allegiance abilities:

1x Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance, Dragon warrior bloodline and mist form ability for charge bonus every turn
- scabbing plate for healing

1x Vamp Lord (140)

Battleline:

2x5 Blood Knights (260)

1x3 Vargheists(160)

Allies:
1x Mourngul (400)

Reserve: 340 pts, enough for a unit of spirit hosts and morghasts (can bring whichever flavor is needed).

Total 2000/2000

Thoughts?

Anyone have the nurgle rules from blightwar?

This user is 1200% true. Yes 1200%. You start out shitty and work your way up. Kust keep you paints thinned and take your time. If it takes 3 days to do model on your first go then it takes 3 days. You'll get better and faster. Like the million dollar man except you're spending money on plastic

SCE are idiot-proof to paint. Pic related is my first painted model ever and I used only citadel basic brush and citadel starter brush. Citadel metalic paints are super easy to use so don't worry

Painting the dryads in the Sylvaneth start collecting box.
Got the first layer of Dryad bark on, but it looks really runny. It may be possible I thinned -too- much? It just seems a bit too water, thought the color is working.

COPY SIR

Thanks for the encouragment user. I'm working my way through the dryads and branchwych, probably over the course of a few weeks, before going for the big Durthu.

>Any conclusions or comments?

The Carnosaur will be doing a lot of the work, pretty much everything else is just tarpits to keep enemies in place until he can reach them. The Starpriest does work in my experience, but I've most commonly seen him used against Khorne Daemons where Summon Starlight is absolutely brutal so I'm likely biased. Saurus Knights don't do as much damage as you'd think, but the fact they and warriors ignore -1 Rend makes them tanker than you'd expect. Don't forget to teleport either - it's nor worth basing a whole strategy on, but it has its moments, either for contesting objectives and denying less mobile enemies VPs early on or getting a character you need to protect well out of the way.

Newb painter here-- it seems like some of the paint is, for lack of a better word, disappearing, from the model. Like, gray that was painted over brown becomes gray again, like the paint is flowing away. There's no pooling at the feet of the model, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Don't expect too much, it's not a very good battallion.

> It may be possible I thinned -too- much? It just seems a bit too water, thought the color is working
Then apply another layer and the third one if needed. Don't worry about this user - you have plenty of dryads and you will probably buy another start collecting for 1000pts army. Use dryads to practice so you can paint your tree lord properly

No artifacts I suppose

Taking a massive regiment of Plaguebearers that can regrow and re-roll hits of 1 so long as they bubble wrap le funny slug man doesn't seem too bad. It'll probably be cripplingly overcosted, though.

>Like, gray that was painted over brown becomes gray again

Stop touching it before it dries.

Not to my knowledge.

A massive regiment of Plaguebearers still only has 1" weapons and no way to improve their pile-in. Even rerolling 1s to hit and save (Locus) as well as regrowing d3 models a turn won't make them do anymore than be a medium tarpit.

... did you prime the model first?

>The Carnosaur will be doing a lot of the work, pretty much everything else is just tarpits to keep enemies in place until he can reach them
I will change his artifact for the more killy one then
>Saurus Knights don't do as much damage as you'd think, but the fact they and warriors ignore -1 Rend makes them tanker than you'd expect
I'm okay with this. As long as they are not totally useless I don't find them to be a waste of points. I will probably drop them for guards one day but now they should work as a good list filler.
Have you seen a troglodon in action? I'm not sure if I should use this magnificent bastard or maybe oldblood on foot is a better pick

Nope. Is that the chaos black spray?

Yeah. You HAVE TO use primer before applying any other paint mate.

Tzeentch warscroll cards are up for pre-orders. Was there an announcement? Maybe we will see more cards soon I hope

The shield isn't a terrible artefact, but I'd definitely take a different trait - Inspiring presence isn't something you need nearly as much as other armies do. Thick-Scaled Hide is probably the best, since the re-roll Disciplined Fury gives can't be used with the Carnosaur's attacks. Don't forget Bloodroar either against armies vulnerable to Battleshock.

Your idea of swapping Knights for guard is a good one. If nothing else they're relatively nimble, letting you teleport more important things.

The Troglodon is a unit I've not seen, but I think it's probably more useful than an Oldblood at 1k. It'll distract fire from your Carnosaur more effectively, and you can always use it to hunt down straggler units if the Carnosaur has to 'port away and deal with something bigger.

>Buy KO cards
>Gw changes the warscroll 4 months later

Shut the fuck up nerd
buy new warscrolls and models
shut the fuck up some more

What, you thought this was Nu GW?

Didn't they change just a one warscroll? I mean that sucks but with new edition every single warscroll could be changed tho

Oh is it out? Anyone read it?

>Games Workshop's Warhammer™: Age of Sigmar™: Eight Lamentations™ Part 1: Spear of Shadows™

This needs to stop

>mfw a commie is still salty about trademarks and industrial property

You assume a lot about someone from shitposts young one

>Horticulous slimux
Exactly who the fuck is this meant to be appealing to? I'd have thought that was stupid when I was ten.

You are an idiot shitposting in toy soldiers thread so my assumption is that you are an shitposting idiot. It's not far from being a shitposting polishcuck commie so I know a lot about you, stormraped one- just from your shitposting

Nurgle players.

Can anybody that has Blightwar post the page that contains most information about Nurgle?

Also I need someone with the Grand Alliance of Order book to tell me something about the page numbers and the sylvaneth lore section.

What are you even saying kek

>idiot shitposting
>shitposting idiot.
>shitposting polishcuck commie
>stormraped one

You sure you're not the salty one?

Look into coloured primers user, it'll save you time, money and arseache. Don't bother about GW's spray because you can acheive the same effect much cheaper. Almost all models can be reduced to one median tone that you then just pick out the highlights.

Can you be a shitposter and don't be an idiot? I don't think so

Does this book do the bait and switch? Put interesting things on the cover but inside it's all about Stormcasts?

While we can't promise SCE won't be in it, the focus of the story is Grungni sending some adventurers on a quest, and none of those adventures are SCE

Okay, so, I've got the Dryad Bark> Baneblade Brown >Agrax Earthshade on my first dryad. How is it so far for a first one?

I'm too the point of the drybrushing step, but instead of a light color I was thinking of using Caliban Green or Russ Grey to get a sort of mossy highlight. Bad idea?

Rate my list Veeky Forums - haven't got artefacts or spells completely figured out yet. I also have the option of going Ogroid instead of Lord which may make the change host list easier to make come 2000 pts. Open to suggestions

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord On Manticore (200)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)

Total: 1000/1000

So which is better;

Runefather on Mag or a Runefather on foot?

I got the start collecting and the Runefather has a "Look out sir" rule that seems handy, but he's also pretty good in a fistfight.

It looks fine but you should also paint the leaves

put the mini on a surface, put a solid backdrop behind it, and brace your camera before you take the picture next time. Patchy drybrushing of green and maybe gluing some flock over that could be a cool effect, I think the important thing there would be to not go overboard with it.

I think I goofed.

user, I don't think you know what drybrushing is

If you only have one I'd recommend the Runefather on foot to start out with. He's the best general you've got. He loves to chill with a solid unit of Hearthguard Berzerkers.
The Runefather on Magmadroth is more of a direct beatstick. I run that one with two Runesons on Magmadroth as linebreaker cavalry.

It's getting the paint on the brash, dabbing it on some rag to get most of the paint off, then scratching the surface with the brush, right?

I think I get the concept, I just really came up short when applying it. And by short, I mean like, I forgot the entire concept while applying it.

Is it bad practice just to paint over this and start from the start?

>industrial property
>IP

what does he mean by this

user, there should be maybe 1% of the paint you started with still on the brush BEFORE you start to dry brush.

Got a box of Forsaken, but considering they're legacy units I fear they're not going to survive another update. What do I with them? Convert them to be a tad bigger and use them as Chaos Spawn?

Skavenfags report in. Everyone get here fast-quick

How are Wyrmslayer Javalins on those Runesons?

Useless or handy to add some ranged firepower?

I have two start collecting boxes plus additional Vulkite Berserkers, so I am thinking of running a Warrior Kinband.

You could just use them as Chaos Warriors instead. Get more bang for your buck and can use all of them. Or Chosen even.

Aye

Throw like 3-4 on round bases and count them ass spawn.

Throw 5 on a bigger base and count as Khorgorath

I play a Khorne army and use Blood Warriors as the basis for my Chaos Warriors (converted them with shields and halberds). I do like the idea of Chosen, maybe that could work.

This could work as well.

did you prime them?

What do we do following the loss of the Clawpacks? is Verminus as a mainline viable?

Does Rat Ogre battleline offset the loss of Skweel and Throt?

Which weapon team will you be allying in?

Grey seer versus Engineer

Discuss

>is Verminus as a mainline viable
No way. Clanrats without LoW and CoC support are just board spam - nothing more
>Does Rat Ogre battleline offset the loss of Skweel and Throt
I don't think so. Maybe if GW will release a SoD Ogres kit separately but right now moulder has nice plastic models available only in one two-player box. Right now building a mono-moulder is just to hard logistic-wise
>Which weapon team will you be allying in?
Flamethrower teams are amazing. I love the way they are killing enemy heroes. Mortarsare fine too but they are more situational
>Grey seer versus Engineer
Well, fuck. Since my mixed-skaven army is fuckin dead I have to pick engineer. I love this model and I'm using one as my skirmish warband general but I don't really want to play mono-skryre - I would rather start a brand new non-skaven army

On a mounted Runeson the javelin is kinda wasted, you want the guy in melee, where the axe is just plain better.
On foot it's still not amazing, but with access to the Meteoric Axe relic there's a potential ranged build that's not half bad at supporting armies from behind.
Warrior Kinband is very solid at fixing the most glaring issues of the Vulkites, i.e. their shitty weapon range despite being a horde unit. With double the throws they can contribute quite well from outside melee range and the improved pile-in range gets more guys in there. It's not a bad idea to have a ranged Runeson trailing along behind those Vulkite gangs, too.

What this user said is true imo. However I don't consider the mortar fine since they don't do a lot in a game. Flamethrowers are good & ratling are very nice when they get closer.

ArchWarlock for the win, great spell, Double cast & a nice 3+ save to help him survive. Grey seer casting one spell per turn is heresy so i don't play him anymore even if I love the mini.

>Lmao it's about legendary weapons made by Khorne's blacksmiths
>Instead of maybe using the god damn Chaos Dwarfs
>Nope, gotta throw that faggot Khorne in there
>Now it's just gonna be nothing but "Heros do thing until Khorn warriors show up."

I want all the authors at BL to literally be whipped with a flail until they realize there are other things besides fucking Khorne and Sigmarines.

Am I the only one who feels the Unforged rules are quite ok but he should have a special rule for doing 1d3 damage against monsters or something similar?

Just damage 1, 2 against Chaos, feels kinda wrong with what a Slayer is supposed to be now

I can't read Taco

I have a player slayer model.

I might just give him the Havlins for a dynamic as fuck dude.

Runefather on foot.

Two Smiters

Two runesons on Mags

One runeson on foot with Javs and Meteoric

Three vulkites

Sounds like a pretty reasonable army now.

>realises he just posted it in Spanish

fuck's sake

Ok, here it is in english, sorry

Fuck you bitch, Khorne has always made the best magic weapons.

He's more of a unit eraser than a monster-buster - which kinda fits, given how their bacjground got changed.
And against 1-wound chaos troops he's total murder.

How is this for a starting 1000 point army? Just spitballing here.

>Spirit of Durthu
>Dryad
>Kurnoth Hunters x3, Greatbow
>Kurnoth Hunters x3, Greatsword
>Scenery: Sylvaneth Wyldwood

In a perfect world, the idea would be to great a blockage with the dryads, using thicket. Have the sword kurnoth on either flank, the greatbows in the back.

Y/N?

>a player slayer
I want a player slayer too.

Actually full englsih here

I feel like I've just been trolling myself at this point

>And against 1-wound chaos troops he's total murder.

Yeah well that's true

A little bit situational but still pretty strong

>LMAO AND THIS AXE HAS TEETH
>LMAO, THIS SWORD HAS TEETH
>LMAO, THIS AXE-SWORD HAS TEETH!

It's only ever as good as the wielder. Khorne's weapons are always obnoxious in their visual design and have stupid names. Spear of Shadows? That should have been a Dark Elf forged weapon and it would have been awesome.

I meant plastic, but now I may need to model a pimp hat on him.

>Some shitty elf weapon
>Better than a weapon forged by the ultimate god of war

zoz.

His lore has changed.

He is no longer an outcast who shamed his clan and is seeking a glorious death to redeem himself, he is a dwarf that went crazy during the age of chaos. Seeing the attrocities of chaos, he dedicates his life to see out and destroy chaos, even to the point of sacrificing his own life to it.

You need 1 more battle line unit.
Durthu is 400
Kurnoth hunters are 220 (440 total)
10 dryads is 100 points.

Why would a Dark Elf spear interest the fucking Dwarven Smith-god?

Dind't know that

Well, with that lore I guess his rules are just fine

I still miss old slayers though

So, would you sacrifice the greatbow kurnoth, or the greatsword, for another dryad?

I don't know. That's why it would be actually interesting instead of fucking boring vanilla Khorne.

Do you get allegiance abilities in PtG?

outside of the ridiculous name id say weebs - the berserk-esque slug and the "nothin personnel" resting-toughguy toshiro-mifune chewing on a blade of grass with his sword slung over his shoulder pose

>It would be interesting because it doesn't make sense

You're a dumb cuck.

The best advice I can possibly give you isn't just to thin your paints. It's that you haven't thinned them enough. No, more. More. Twice as thin as that. Do it again. Can you see through them yet? Then keep thinning.

As for looking like the pros- no, you won't, but you'll be a damn site more prepared than they were to start with. Image related, and it's not a joke.

There seems to be an unofficial 'do not reply to Soulblight posters' rule going on here, but good luck, man.

no npc races, no legacy races, stormcast/khorne only