Map for my D&D campaign

This is my first map made by inkarnate.com/. Would appreciate your opinion of it.

What kinda scale we looking at? the way those roads are drawn it looks like the entire continent is less than 200 miles across.

You have no secondary roads or villages, making it look like there are less than 15 settlements on the entire main island.

Those are the things that conceptually are wierd to me.

If this is intentional, it's perfectly functional as a world map.

Think of a name more interesting than the island of ice and the floating islands.

>The continent sits unpleasantly in the format and molds itself after the map.
>I think you are doing yourself a disservice by using incarnate. It highlights the unrefined painting ductus of a beginner.
>Wind rose is too large and makes the whole map look like a crop.
>It seems weird that the mining camps don't have city names. It raises confusion about scale.
>Woods are placed very blocky.
>Continent and floating islands form is blotchy and uninspired.
>Transparent city symbols conflict with colored in woods, mountains and decorations.

>I like the visual relationship between main continent and the Island of Ice, I'd build on it by making the Island even longer and more exaggerated.

Looks good, the map is usually the least important part of the setting, anyway. What matters most is that you and your players are having a good time.

You can forego a map and it will be entirely feasible, but a map gives proportional returns to the care invested. It is a useful tool for immersion, GM planning, and setting betterment.

floatland and iceland

Ah, the scenic Adjectivenoun Mountains!

>Ah, the scenic Adjectivenoun Mountains!

Man, some of these are hilarious
>Diffluence
>Turn of the Crab
>New Land of Black People
>City for the One who Aspires for Enlightenment
>Riceland
>People Peninsula

It has like, the most generic and predictable names I've seen on a map besides maybe pic related. Unless you were going for that for some satirical reason, I would try to be less boring.

>The highest mountain in Europe is "Whitemountain", part of the "Highmountain" range.

If this upsets you so much, just change a few names to French and Latin and call it a day.

What if it's an island?

And now those islands sound delicious.

>no ocean currents
>no prevailing wind direction
>no plate tectonics
>no monthly average temperature/rainfall graph to the side
2/10

what are their tax policies?

Is this suppose to be an in universe map or no? That can make a world heh of difference. I usually go for in universe map design since it allows me to justify my lack of experience at map making by blaming on the mapmaker in the story that "actually" made the map. It's also fun for the map to be wrong and for there to be a series of large hills where there is suppose to be flatlands.

When you start making maps you need to look at real world maps. This works for a jrpg but don't feel real

That map is pretty cool.

Some of those names are kind of weird. Pitcairn Island doesn't mean "pits and cairns," it's a family surname based on the place name Pitcairn in Fife.

Like the idea though.

>Land of the Similar Ones

You forgot
>no tax policies

>Townsville is Towntown
This makes me laugh harder that I expected.

>Pitcairn Island doesn't mean "pits and cairns," it's a family surname based on the place name Pitcairn in Fife

And where is the placename from?