Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tau'va, We Return Your Links, Gue'la edition

>New Codexes after Death Guard and Ad Mech are confirmed: Tyranids, Craftworld Eldar and Imperial Guard

>Also Chapter approved and Necromunda stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign, rigged or not, take a minute to appreciate that the UI and assets are pretty dope and lovingly crafted, even the background has Poppop looking in
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for The Deathwatch.

All for the Greater Good!

>Gravis Chad Captain has a default master-crafted power sword
>Normal Chad Captain is limited to a normal power sword

Why ?

Fourth for the siege master

>trying to seize the means of painting

get out commie

beergut means he has to compensate

Have to chug a lot more BUD Light to get DAT good sword dawg

What are you working on this weekend /40kg/?

psh, get outta here before I Alpharius your ass

So, can i use Codex sheet for my TSon Rubrics?

Skulls kit is so good

Wtf I love GW now

T'aus would be much cooler if close-combat weaponry was standard issue on their battlesuits. Just like Terminators have a standard gun/fist basic equipment for both mid-range and close range, it would be awesome if Crisis battlesuits had a default 2 guns and one blade.

Is he right to do the things he does?

Went to play with a friend, ended up just hanging out so I guess I'll keep assembling the shit I just got

Not really. He's mostly selfish.

Farsight melee suits would be neat.

Finish two predators, a 6+1AB bike squad, weather my sicaran battle tank and sicaran venator..

Probably all I can be bothered with.

Last time u tried to btfo perturabo it didnt work so well

Spent several hours painting orange on all my poxwalkers. Takes so long now that I'm doing two thin coats.

Makes you wish for one thick coat.

Im at work, but I have a half my army to paint, a Chadnaught waiting to be build and 10 more intercessors coming home. And I still haven't brought the paint to make the highlights on my dudes.
The ride never ends.

>I want to combine a Battlefleet Gothic game and a warhammer 40k game. I don't really know much about BFG, but...

If you want to play the two simultaneously, you could try having a king of the hill style BFG match and whoever controls a specific point on that board at the end of each round BFG round has "firing position" on the 40k board.

I think there's already a stratagem or scenario in 8th that does something like this, but whoever controls "the hill" that round gets to place some old templates and then scatter them before the movement phase.

number of shots to be determined by ships in the zone or something.

How can I include a LRC in an Inquisition list? Do I have to ally muhreens?

Primaris are fun to paint.

It was retconned.

It was 50/50 till Guilliman came. Lmao with a huge fortress and surprise all the Iron Weenies could achieve is 50/50.

holy fuck that's sexy as shit boii

How did you make the black part? That's really good, user.

Not mine tho :(

It was pretty easy in practice; black basecoat, thin layer of Eshin Grey (effectively a really heavy handed drybrush), lighter drybrush of Fenris Grey (the bluegrey Space Wolf one) for highlighted areas then a wash of Nuln Oil. It looks nice in person, my camera photos aren't the best.

It looks pretty cool on photos too. Thanks, might copy you.

>Dark Angels and Space Wolves will get their Primarch soon
Sucks to be a Blood Angel, anons.

>50/50

Imagine believing this,who retconned the battle?matty ward?

When painting or assembling, do any of you use loupes, jewelers lenses, or other magnification devices, either hand-held, worn, lamp-attached or otherwise freestanding?

Salamanders will get them before them.

no because it'd show the minor imperfections in my paint job, so i'd feel bad and stop painting

Yes but Blood Angels will never get theirs.

Have we learned anything about the new armors besides they're Betterâ„¢. What sets Mark X Tacticus apart from Mk. 8? Or what determines who gets to wear Gravis armor? Terminator Captains are (usually) captains of the 1st Company. Is a Gravis Captain a Primaris captain of a 1st?

Some mark 2 assault marines for a HH escalation league that's happening in my area. Turns out there will be 8 legions including me and some mechanicum. Im hyped af.

I use pic related. I prefer it over tablelights

>InB4 Sanguinius faked his death.

That's for the better. The ultimate retcon is making a noble sacrifice in spite of knowing where he was heades, moot.

He sacrificed himself without knowing he was going to be revived. It doesn't detract from the nobility of his sacrifice because he made it in ignorance of the future.

>"Sir, it's coming up on the 30th anniversary of warhammer 40k! Fans will want a model in honor of it."
"Well I'll be damned, 30 years already. So much money, so little time"
>"yes sir. But as I was saying, fans expect a commemorative release."
"I guess. What's the options?"
>"well, since a boxed set or game is out, maybe we should pick one of the time-honored factions?"
>"oh? Like what?"
>"Orks obviously, or perhaps a unique member of the ecclesiarchy- people love the old style!"
"no, the damn forgejews are stealing that from us. No necromunda, and no orks- who would buy orks?"
>"uh, yes sir. Well then how about a space marine? You can't get more icon-
"Yes, a space marine! Perfect!"
>"great idea sir, we've never released a commemorative space marine model before. Perhaps a beakie, or a rebrand of the classic mk 7 armor?"
"Wait, didn't we just release some space marines..."
>"yes sir, the primaris marine line."
"AHA! Primaris marines, that's it. Make a thousand primaris marines"
>"well sir, the lack of individuality on primaris may mean the model will turn out bla-"
"Yes, it'll be simple and elegant. What a better way to celebrate the 30th anniversary of warhammer 40k than with a model from a brand new line that looks the same as the rest and captures that uncluttered sleek and modern look of the early games?"
>"..... yes sir."

Same thing as last weekend and probably same as next weekend

This model looks like you can build it from normal primaris(boltgun ones) box, why it cot so much.
Last year Marine was unique.

>the lack of individuality on primaris
This was probably the worst thing about the 30th anniversary model
I like the Primaris sculpts in general, but the one they used for the anniversary is almost literally something you'd get from the Intercessor kit with a sword glued on the hip. I know they want to push the new hotness, but why couldn't they have done a unique looking model? The Gravis Captain for example, while I know not everyones cup of tea, is at least a distinct look that you're not going to get from a basic kit, I can't understand why they didn't do something like that.

Speaking of Tau, I want to build a small force for Shadow War Armageddon.

I'd like a small SWAT team feeling unit, like think Rainbow Six Siege or Xcom kind of, and I was wondering what army should go with.

Deathwatch was considered for a bit, but I want someone less gothic and more tacticool looking, so I was thinking Raptor space marines, but I already have a Salamanders army as my primary force.

So I was thinking either Tempestus Scions or Tau for this then.

Tau might be fun for like having Breachers and Pathfinders, and some stealth suits running around, maybe a Tidewall shieldwall instead of riot shields and a Devilfish SWAT van, and lots of drones.

Just include a marine one in your detachment. You don't need any other marines if you don't want them. You're using the Imperial tag anyway and your Inquisitior and Acolytes have "Authority of the Inquisition" so they can ride in it regardless.

I must have missed this bit of news. Is that literally just an Intercessor with a couple extra skulls, a sword, a rope and a purity seal? That could be the regular sarge from the box and I wouldn't blink at it. Hell, it could be a regular squaddie.

Then again I play Admech, so I'm bad at distinguishing Marine models since they mostly look the same and I just look at the weapons. Does this guy have some kind of deep lore explanation for all his shit, or is that as much of a meh vet sarge as he looks?

Painting Stealth Suits and hoping to get a Ghostkeel built.

That looks like red baby mecha piloting bigger mecha, kek.

>Who run Bartertown?

Gimmee dat motherfucking Khan. Primarch on a fucking jetbike.

Fight me bitch the Ghostkeel is the only mecha looking stuff in the entire Tau line.

Unfortunately breachers arent in SWA

I'm making a primaris army and none of you can dissuade me. I'm also making a deathguard army. My wallet cries but it's going to keep me sane.

I have one of these and use it every once in a while. More to look for things I missed rather than while painting. Mainly though I just got it because Ottlites are damned good lamps for being color neutral.

Ya, I was sort of angry when they released an averagish looking sergeant for the big 30. Not even apart of the history, lame.

>picks two factions that share a constant stream on new, easy to build starter boxes
>Complains about cost
Oh boo hoo, you pansy

No kidding. It's basically a plain Primaris with a purity seal, sword, and slightly fancy shoulder pad from an upgrade sprue added.

What is?

Also not specifically SWA, we play like 1000 pt games on 4'x4' maps with tight multi-level urban terrain, and the only thing stoping you from taking large models is them not physically fitting through hallways

Paths are the main troop

Seeing as I won't be using them when playing, no.

>Obliterators: 4 Assault S6+D3 -D3 D3 shoots, 65pts
>SoT /w Soulreaper: 4 Heavy S5 -3 1D shoots, 60pts

Scarab Occult buffs when?

Most likely never, but if there are any changes, expect to see them in the TS Codex

>no pre-orders until the 9th
>no release until the 16th
>no participation in Konor
>complete blackout on tons of new models until the very last fortnight until their release
Why were the Death Guard handled so poorly? It's ironic that the Death Guard are viewed as DOA by GW.

Sauce or stfu

sauce on what?

"Poorly" is overstating things quite a bit. Although I agree the timing of Konor is awkward.

Primaris got lots of piecemeal releases and leaks. Death Guard got the Konor fudge video and the Codex: DG "first look" which was a fucking disaster since all it really showed was the front page of the codex that they already revealed a few months before.

Aren't they Psykers? And have several other bonus rules?

We'll probably see more previews this week.

Anyone ever ordered anything from laura.hook on ebay? I'm tempted to snag one of his Leviathans but I haven't heard anything about the quality of his recasts.
Anyone have an experience with him here?

So I've been combing my Admech bitzbox for Servitorpriest heads (had just enough) and I found that I actually DID have quite a few parts I'd thought I'd used. Apparently that gun on my Knight base was a Chimera heavy stubber rather than the Ironstrider Autocannon I thought it had been, since I never actually made a Ballistarii.

Anyway, I have a couple spare Sicarian bodies and an idea. What if I made Admech assassins as Alpha or Princeps Primus models for my squads? I run two Arquebus teams, so I could redo an Enginseer with a holstered Dragoon rifle on his back and pistol drawn as a Vindicare, use some Infiltrator body and parts bulked up some with armour and different weapons as a Culexus Infiltrator Primus (Better neurostatic as explanation for debuff aura) Ruststalker with the same and some toxic vials as the explosive death of the Vindicare and so on.

No idea what to do for the Callidus, though. Is this a retarded idea, or can Admech benefit from Assassin allies? Almost 300 points of 4 Arquebi + Vindicare is probably too many snipers, though.

They have Psyker that can only cast Smite, which does 1/D3. If he perils, you'll probably lose him and another terminator, so it's not that good. They have "All is Dust" which allow them to ignore Heavy penalty and gives them +1 to saves when damage of enemy weapon is 1.

They are equipped with Inferno Combi-bolters, which are -2 combis, can get single Soulreaper and a Hellfyre Missilerack. They also rock power swords.

However, they are really fucking expensive for what they do, and are just straight up worse than Obliterators, as both units are supposed to drop in and shoot up enemies.

How tall is an IG sentinel? Working on a count-as for my renegades and heretics. Going to have an autocannon or flamer on it for the ranged weapon

*explosive death of the Eversor, that should be/.

Ignore the dedgame minis.

Just saying. If SO had equal or better guns than them the Oblits wouldn't have much point.

Are people at local gameshop tournies any good in your opinion? I was going into play today and the whole back room was booked so now I am wondering if I should get in on it next time

SOs can only be taken in TS armies, who can't take Obliterators.

How hard are these fellas to magnetize? Is it worth it or should I just go boltstorm? The flamestorm seem like they'd be fun.

It's really easy to "ally in" oblits.

trying to finish these sabre platforms / searchlights

also, recovering from the despair of accidentally mailing 3 bunkers I ordered to my old address

I flipped through the book again, is "Imperium" basically an army now? Like you can just throw whatever units together?

I like those guys. I like them a lot less when I realize how much something like a twin assault cannon can hurt hem.

Pretty much, but they won't benefit from a lot of the character buffs and abilities which only activate units with more specific tags, like " infantry models". You can still fill detachments with any Imperial units, though, synergy will just be less spectacular.

Are Hellblasters worth their price on the battlefield ?

And what the fuck happened to mk 9?

Same thing as windows 9

I mean don't Terminators basically have the same problem?

No, but thank you for the namedrop.

t. GW legal dpt.

well they've a 17% higher chance to save it.

God damn, today's thread is slow.

Sorry mate, but that's thing is fucking awful.
You'd literally be better of just using a a dollarstore toy instead.

It's because it'split with a 2 day old thread with no cover image, backlink or pasta.

Orks

*sips tea*

>UK chaos players are getting whooped that hard
Use soul grinders! (and titans and knights)

Nice... but drill that barrel.