Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Does your character have a nemesis or opposite number, /pfg/?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Nymph~s_Kiss
strawpoll.me/13845693
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/well-prepared/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/brilliant-planner/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
pastebin.com/FBHceacs
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Healer's SatchelNormal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah, another party member does.

None yet. One of my characters had what seemed like one, but then we took care of that.

What would be the best way to play a monster-hunter bowgunner?

Does your character have an angel waifu?

realmshelps.net/charbuild/feat/Nymph~s_Kiss

angels are sub-par waifu's.

What are the best damage boosts for steelfist commando dual boosting? No Broken blade mind you so maybe we can pull something from thrashing dragon instead?

Right now I'm definitely going for nights knife, but as a secondary I'm not seeing many good prospects maybe aside from blend with the night to hit FF and trigger Steelfist sneak attacks.

If it matters I have: Mithral current, Fool's errand, Thrashing dragon, Golden lion, steel serpent and Riven hourglass as my disciplines.

My character is an Aasimar lady, and the GM doesn't truck with yuri, so she's the closest thing in the campaign to an angel waifu.

One of my players does. She was playing a high int fighter and had a bunch of spare languages. She came across a drow who also had a buttload of languages and that got into a contest of oneupmanship each trying to out curse the other in as many languages possible. Drow missed with poisoned crossbow, lost most of her hp to a twf full attack and bitched out with a smoke bomb and spiderwalk slippers+ring of feather fall

My fighter threatened to hunt her down and take her slippers, It made for a wonderful recurring villain. They ever stopped at the same inn one and when my fighter saw her she went basaltic, of course the drow bitched out but the fighter got arrested for causing a scene

sounds like a recipe for hate-sex.

>female player
>female character
>female drow

Another time another place maybe, but straight (mostly) player with a straight character. and while I am a creeper about many things forcing homoerotic subplots on female gammers is not one of them. I did give her a pretty boy elf who she basically carried to bed.

Vote on who should get into Starstone!

strawpoll.me/13845693

Where's the "none of the above" option?

How about you fuck off?

CountSuccula made this post.

No, he's got a necromancer waifu. They've got two kids, and being the children of two high-level adventurers probably means they'll be leading interesting lives of their own.

I hope it crashes and burns and we drive IDrive away from our games forever.

Please don't do this.

>/pfg/
>no anime girl image for OP

It's the foxes, user. They've infiltrated the thread, and are posting new threads at page 8 using images unrelated to anime.

>accidentally have my character say "homo" as an insult to an NPC
>realize that one of the players is gay
>no one has mentioned anything about it yet

Never got one in the last game I played. There weren't any recurring enemies tailored to the party, but it was an AP, so that's not a surprise.

He's either actually a chill guy or secretly plotting your murder.

K

I remember someone mentioning that DDS planned to release their Spheres of Might pdf by the end of August. Did anything come of that?

>tfw my secondary not on the poll

...what the fuck are you talking about?

I uh... typed something into the reply window on a different tab than I intended to.

How is HotS these days, anyway?

Good. 2.0 relaunch did things for it.

From what I understand, Spheres of Might is in Layout. Layout for the small 20-30 page sphere handbook expansions 1-2 weeks to do; Spheres of Might is massive compared to the small sphere handbook expansions. I wouldn't be surprised if it will be 2-3 months before the pdf is ready.

Why is Inquisitor so fucking great.

Because it has a kit that allows incredible variety to fight enemies with, support team and has a niche it fills just nicely that nobody else fits into.

I heard one of the cabalites ragequit the server. Powerbase crumbling already, Broodie?

The main thing I remember one of my players who had an Inquisitor PC say about the class was complaining that their spell list is awful. Was he full of shit or on the mark?

If you're willing to dump a lot of cash on ammo (not unlike Monster Hunter), the dragoon rifle and mage shot from Villain Codex seem to do a decent job replicating a light bowgun.

Full of shit. The spell list is not the best, but it let's support your attacks very well. Think he cried because he can't go full caster as an inquisitor.

He's a fucking moron, they get a ton of cool shit that most other divine casters don't, and some spells that make Sanctified Slayer laugh in a Rogue's stupid face

Who trained you?

How do you feel about flirting between members of the party (even as a joke by a low-Char character)?

Big Boss.

As a joke? Fine whenever as long as it isn't unintentionally creepy. For realsies? As long as both sides are fine with it.

Anything resembling romance must be purged from our games in order to achieve maximum health of the game, both in and out of character. I give bonus XP and rewards to my players who provide proof of chemical castration.

It's fine. Doesn't have to mean anything, and usually it's better if it doesn't. Shows everyone's functioning adults who can take a joke rather than autistic idiots who only think about goals.

If I wanted to play a fighter/warrior kinda character who was more reliant on the environment or carrying items like oil and torches to create like traps or a variety of things to use in combination what are some things I should keep in mind?

1: Doesn't work unless you're a ranger because Pathfinder really isn't a system for using the environment and item combinations since the rules are very much orbiting around class features and feats.
2: Be a ranger if you want to trap, but most traps are still going to be magic reliant mostly and you have to have very VERY good planning if you want to use them effectively.
3: Ranger.
4: Ranger
5: I think I've made my point.

>pfg_enters_the_world_of_Pathfinder.jpg

There are a couple feats that will help you get play your concept. Well-Prepared is a Halfling racial feat but Brilliant Planner requires 13 INT and 5th level.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/well-prepared/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/brilliant-planner/

Ever since the latest Adventerer's Armory book, there has been much more support for the Equipment Trick Feat concerning different kinds of equipment you can use for it, that might help

Also, if 3pp is allowed, if you want to be the ltimate trapmaster I highly reccomen looking at the Vauntguard class from DDS, which specializes inmany different kinds of mundane and magical traps. It'd be easy enough too to make an archetype for it to remove the more magical options with something else, like Weapon Training or something similar.

Also, it may only be tangentially related, but there is an Alchemy focused fighter archetype, the Opportunist Fighter, which is from Blood of the Beast

Spheres of Might also has the Trap sphere which can be acquired with a single feat. The base sphere giving you free max ranks in Craft (traps), and pretty much unlimited tripwire and dart traps.

What would be a good class for a lizardmen RP wise, something basic like fighter no?
Maybe even inquisitor depending on the tribe I guess

natural attack focused barbarian or ranger.

Good going, user! PF needs more angelic waifus.I hope you get a great husbando!

So for my players I am running a Fate/Apocrypha style Holy Grail war rather than a standard because I don't think my players can handle PvP in a civil manner.

I have been deciding where to have it handled, and who to put on the PC's side as the sort of 'big best servant'. What I have decided upon is the following:
>New Orleans Holy Grail War
>2005 USA in the wake of Hurricane Katrina
>US military involvement was actually to keep people out of many areas of New Orleans where the Holy Grail War was going on
>The enemy side of US Government sanctioned masters
>Ruler is George Washington as a cute girl wielding Old Glory, the US Flag
>On the side of the PCs is a Servant who is far more powerful because he is revered in New Orleans, Baron Samedi as Caster
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Samedi
>The PCs are part of what amounts to a rebel faction trying to secure the grail for unknown reasons, the head of their family being the master of Baron Samedi

How retarded does this sound? I have 5 players so we have two open spots on their side as well I filled. Here are all the other servants:

Union Servants:
>Saber
Robert E. Lee
>Archer
Butch Cassidy
>Lancer
John Henry
>Rider
Clyde Champion Barrow
>Caster
Emily Dickinson
>Assassin
H.H. Holmes
>Berserker
William Tecumseh Sherman

Neutral Servants:
>Ruler
George Washington

Rebel Servants:
>Saber
PC
>Archer
PC
>Lancer
PC
>Rider
PC
>Caster
Baron Samedi
>Assassin
PC
>Berserker
Crazy Horse

For pure rules here is what I decided:
>every servant except for caster is a level 9 initiator
>caster is a level 9 spheres caster (except for Baron Samedi who is level 13)
>masters are level 5 spheres casters
>every gets 1 mythic feat
>everyone gets to propose a Noble Phantasm, preferably an item, approved by me

It's okay. At the end of the day, you have a bucketful of decent class features. The inquisitor is kind of a like a more selfish bard with divine casting - your spells are good, but they are to be taken in addition to everything else you get.

Sure, but sadly SoM is not published yet, so I cannot in good consious reccomend options from it.

Oracle, Shaman, Barbarian, Bloodrager, Ranger, Hunter, Fighter, Druid, Skald, and Brawler all fit well enough thematically

>Lee
>Saber
His skill was in leading troops and being a trained officer, he wasn't well known for his swordplay.

Also why the fuck isn't Pecos Bill the Rider? His whole story was about riding and taming all manner of dangerous and interesting creatures, like Widowmaker, his Coyote family, and those Snakes he used as a lasso. Also he could possibly also ride that one girl's giant Catfish mount for aquatic battles

Barbarian and bloodrager are great. Ranger works cool, as do slayer, hunter and druid. Fighter would not be my first choice, but it and paladin could work surprisingly well.

>His skill was in leading troops and being a trained officer, he wasn't well known for his swordplay.
The most famous sword in the united state is Lee's sword the Maryland Sword. Also Saber is often commanders, kings, generals, etc.

>Also why the fuck isn't Pecos Bill the Rider? His whole story was about riding and taming all manner of dangerous and interesting creatures, like Widowmaker, his Coyote family, and those Snakes he used as a lasso. Also he could possibly also ride that one girl's giant Catfish mount for aquatic battles
To give me the opportunity to add another cute girl with gender switched Bonney and Clyde pair. I can see the Pecos Bill reasoning though, I shall consider it.

I also considered possibly Mark Twain as the Union side caster, but wanted a cute girl. Also Crazy Horse is a cute girl.

I vote for you to fuck off with your faggot shilling.

>cute girl kawaii uguu~ faggotry
Nasu was a mistake.

Also is Baron Samedi a legit option for a Servant? Aren't Loa more like non-Heroic/Human Spirits, perhaps like a Nature or even Divine Spirit? I thought only Heroic Spirits were valid to become Servants?

Baron Samedi isn't fully divine, so he's fine. He would probably have Rank: B Divinity, on the same level as Gilgamesh.

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about your elves.

So I want to make a gundam or some form of power armor

Obviously I would want to play a machinist or some kinda golem creator, what rules would lend itself to reaching this goal or making the power armor?

In Ultimate Magic there are options for adding Modifications to Golems, including making them wearable

They are born very similar in appearance to grubs, and at age two, they pupate and undergo metamorphosis into large, grotesque insect monsters that roam the land, feeding on whatever they can find until age seventy or so, at which point they moult into their recognizable humanoid form, and can rejoin society.

Nice, magic gundam armor here I come

Any advice on how to make a treasure map work? I'm running a pirate themed adventure, and I'd like for my players to go treasure hunting for a mcguffin. The only problem is that I have no idea how to translate hunting for treasure into a d20 setting. Does anyone have experience with this?

The cute witch, of course

WHO WANTS LORE?

>Ayngrol was not always the dangerous expansionist force it is now, nor was it even always a Republic. In ages past, the island was an idyllic land, its people hard working and rustic, valuing self improvement and the simpler pleasures of life, with each small village being guided by the the Sages of the Centre who learned and studied under Angara, the Singing Wood, the Eternal Tree of the Self. Angara would teach willing and able mortals the ways of not only study and introspection of the self, but also how to observe and realize the hidden traits and abilities in the world around them, who would then in turn go forth to aid and guide the rest of the people of Ayngrol. Under her teachings, the island prospered in relative peace. Sadly, this was not meant to last, as one day, Angara's voice went silent, and the Plague started to appear.

The Echoing Plague, as it was soon called, swept through the island, leaving a scar of devastation in its wake. A devious illness, it would target, it would cause an individual's being to be brought into flux, thier body and mind constantly osculating between strength and illness, until eventually they would fall into a deep coma, and slowly their body would turn to a fine white powder, leaving behind only an echo of thier voice that would rustle from their remains. No means could be found to cure this plague, either naturally or with the magic available to them, and to make matters worse this plague was not restricted to just the people living there. Livestock and crops would fluctuate betweenplenty and weakness before falling to dust, buildings and tools would lose thier color and eventually fall to pieces. And all the while the Singing Tree, who once was always vibrant and and expressive, had fallen silent and still as if caught in an eternal slumber, with her closest retainers all dead or missing.

One suggestion is to literally make a map for your players to use as reference.

Maybe use skill challenges? Everyman Gaming published the 'Skill Challenge Handbook' which makes writing such skill challenges simpler.

What are some good items for a bard? Have circlet of persuasion, cloak, armor, weapon, etc. Looking for items 10k or less.

I know that there is the banner of the ancient kinds, the +2 cha headband, the tuned bowstring. Bracers of the glib entertainer.

Anything that bolsters my performances, either their numbers or gives me more rounds?

>Though the Plague only lasted for a couple of weeks, the devastation it wrought sent the land into chaos, and with the Order of Saint Cassim being too distracted with a great Crusade, there was very little in the way of aid that could be afforded to the ailing island in terms of stability and control. Communities were torn asunder, roving warbands and bandits would pillage the crumbling villages, it was pandemonium. For a while it seemed all hope was lost, and the fact that the disease had seemed to have disappeared had did little to help things. Then there came a sign of hope.

>One of the roving bandit kings who came to power was Veirthin the Uniter. Supposedly born the child of a Sage of the Centre who died to the Echoing Plague, Veirthin realized that the island needed a strong hand to unite them, to strength and order to the once disparate village-states that dotted the land, tha no more could they rely on their own strength and might. So, using the methods of the bandits who roamed the lands, combined with discipline and conversion, he began a long a bloody campaign to unite the peoples of Ayngrol under one banner, one people, united in strength where the weakness of the individual could be empowered by the active strength of the collective. Using the wisdom taught by his deceased mother, he applied the philosophies of the Centre with his own insights into control and rule in order to forge his homeland into a Republic, as he decided that such a form of governance would be most compatible with the individualistic spirit of the Ayngrish people. After a near decade of campaigning and building his nation, there was finally a modicum of peace, order, and civilization in Ayngrol, and the people began to rebuild under their new governmental system. Sadly, this peace, as hard fought as it was, could not last long, as forces were at work to bring the nation under their own heel. And it did so in the most vile way, it brought the Echoing Plague back.

>WHO WANTS LORE?
Not me, please stop.

So, weird magic plague and silence from the Eternity Tree giving rise to a republic under a petty warlord. Interesting so far.

okay, I'll stop. I guess I'll leave you guys to your ecelebs and waifus then. Good night P'ehfjee, it was fun while it lasted

Oh, don't take the goober so seriously, user. Post if you like.

I actually did something a little similar for a race once.
They start out as these horrifying animal-intelligence superfast and stealthy mantis monsters, and when they hit a certain amount of life force it inverts, turns them bone-pale with black ichory innards, and the new undead wanders out of the helljungle to the ring of cities around it. They're known mostly for being calm and chill philosophers, and happily export food and medicine.

No, do take me seriously. I'd really rather not see that shit.

The point of a treasure map is to lead someone to the location of a treasure. Unfortunately, just walking around is boring in TTRPGs; we usually just skip it, "After two hours of following the trail, you arrive at the destination."

You need to make sure that the path the PCs will travel is interesting, that it has things on it that are worth more than just a passing mention during a time skip but actually cause a stop and provide some action. Combat is an obvious option: if the map leads to an ancient temple, fighting the guardian of the temple is a given. Riddles indicating the way to proceed can also work, but can frustrate your players. Skill checks should be required at some places, but be sure to make them interesting by leaving room for creative approaches. It's boring for the PCs to have to "just" roll climb checks, but if clever players come up with a way to circumvent the challenge or have the right gear/features to bypass it entirely, letting them do so feels rewarding. There may also be other people looking for or guarding the treasure, which can mean social encounters.

All of these things together are just different ways to challenge PCs, but they're the same thing that make up any game. So how do you make your collection of challenges feel like a treasure map instead of any other adventure?

It's the execution. Treasure doesn't get hidden for no reason, especially Mcguffins. It's critical to establish lore around the treasure AND the map. Why it was hidden, who else is searching for it, why a map for it even exists, stuff like that. There could be other groups hunting the treasure, trying to steal their map or race them to the finish. The map itself could also be a figurative key, a necessary item to unseal the treasure. Or, it can lead the way to several fragments of the treasure, either in sequence or in a flexible order. The PCs should learn important lore with each fragment, building up more context, mystery, and stakes with each piece.

Building a tattooed sorc.

Going to have high Cha, decent wis (12), con (14/16), and dex (14). Going to take improved init at first level. What would you recommend to seek for in a familiar bonus?

Good idea. After a lot of brainstorming, I think I'll do something in the vein as the treasure map in Thief TDP Caverns level.

Also a really good idea. Thanks!

More initiative.

Initiative is always a solid choice. The sooner your turn comes, the sooner you can start ruining lives.

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm thinking about taking a dip in oracle to get the +Cha to init and the covetous curse (for RP reasons, been really wanting to do that). If I want the saves, I can take a dip in a monk, take the feat, buy a better cloak, or swing a potion of Bestow Grace.

Why do you feel this way user?

Then don't look at it. Nobody is forcing you to read everything in these threads (I hope). But telling people not to post stuff is keeping everybody who might actually be interested in what's getting posted from see it.

Even having said the above stuff though, the lore is interesting but just dumping it on the thread doesn't really lead to much discussion other than people saying they like it or they hate it. Do you have any parts you're still trying to figure out, like ideas you're deciding between or specific sections that need to be expanded on before you can move on?

Poet's Cloak costs 9,750 GP but lets you do a 4th level Skald's Raging Song and hand out a Rage Power. Not sure if that's worth it or not. You got most of the big items, but I found some little things that might help depending on the campaign: Player's Prize, Scarf of the Suggestive Dance, Hypnotic Tattoo, Torc of the Primal Song. A Doomharp costs 10K and gives you early access to Dirge of Doom or extends the range if you already have it, maybe that'd be handy?

Thanks for the bard item suggestions. I had no idea those even existed, and while they don't seem to offer a great deal of utility to my character in this situation, I am glad to know about them. I think it would be nice to get a poet's cloak, but I rebuilt from a skald 'cause no one was accepting my raging song.

To be honest, I just have the basic ideas percolate in my brain over time, then I form them properly as I type them, and just sort work as I go. I'd like people to think of other ideas to build off of things, but I guess I agree that few people seem to be inclined to do so if my previous postings of Müstahrn and the other places are any indication.

I guess I should probably instead just make things as I go as normal, but post them to a Google Doc or Pastebin instead of dropping posts. I'd prefer the former over the latter, since it can allow me to potentially go in and change stupid things that people don't like.

It gets crazier. Eventually its going to turn to drugs, political sects, and liches

Yeah, that's probably a useless item for you in that case. I couldn't find anything better you hadn't already gotten (I just went and searched the PFSRD, I didn't know most of those existed before now either), though now that I think about, any spontaneous caster should look into getting Pages of Spell Knowledge. They're extra spells known. 1st level is 1000GP, 2nd is 4000, 3rd is 9000.

Yeah, /pfg/ likes shorter posts in my experience. When I'm dumping some lore, a story, or homebrew, I try to fit it into a single post as best I can or just Pastebin it if I can't.

And what about drugs made from liches? You won't believe the kind of arcane high and hallucinations/visions you get from snorting powdered lich bones. A lich oracle (like a person who gets visions of the future, not the class) whose servants willingly turn themselves into liches so they can sacrifice themselves to her so she can predict the future could be a cool faction.

Weren't you going to include kobold eugenic programs by one of the governments trying to use them to figure out how to make more sorcerers among their human population? Which nation was that?

Yeah. I knew Saving Finale for awhile, but swapped it for another spell 'cause I was worried about running out of performance rounds (sound striker). I want it back now that saves are getting quite important and that I don't use most of my first level spells per day. Going to retrain a feat to get extra rounds. Might take another extra rounds after that (if I still can in 3.pf)

Well, the drugs are made by a Lich, who made them from the essence of the spirit of Angara, which he has bound into a psuedo-phylactery of her own creation, as well as the blood of the subservient Kobolds that she invented

But yeah, I guess I'll just dump all the lore that's currently around into a GDoc or something, then post links to a pastebin when its current form is done. Just gotta go back into the arhive and find all the older stuff I posted to put there

Ayngol, this same nation. The Lich made them by capturing and experimenting on Angara's Drakeflies in order to do some bullshit experiments and to make a solid medium to make her drugs

pastebin.com/FBHceacs

Someone beat you to it, user.

What are some good utility items that a group can all pitch in to get?
I just found this recently. Infinite healers kits and bonuses if you get the specialists one.

archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Healer's SatchelNormal

heavy load belt, traveler's any-tool, wand of (lesser/ /greater) restoration, etc.

>check the link
>decide to look as Ecadeux
>So much newer stuff, cannot even recognize half of it anymore

I am both scared and impressed. It wonderful to see other people having fun and making stuff for this. This is wonderful, I love all you guys, now its time to read all the newer shit why I get my mind together to finish the Ayngrol lore to post

Whoever the user who made this is, props to you. You da real mvp

Whoops, scratch that, I accidentally scrolled to far and started reading the cyclops stuff. That's egg on my face now isn't it?

Still going to read the shit out of that though

Well, the two sections have a lot to do with each other. It's understandable.

So what kind of gifts am I supposed to bring on the first date with my fey girlfriend?

Did you try asking her what she likes? Not all fey girls like the same things, ya dingus.