MAID - The Roleplaying Game

I just got my hands on the english version of this crazy rpg system.
Anybody here ever played it?
I just started reading it but i just can't imagin to play it... but i would actualy love to do so... sooo what are your experiences?

I've played it, it got weird, it got strangely competitive, at times it got frustrating but after-the-fact it was a great laugh.

My group has actually recently been discussing playing it again.

I've played it once before, it was pretty fun. The system is very simple and the tables lead to some interesting characters, if you have a group who can stomach the maids and such you can have a really fun game, especially if the GM really gets into the spirit. Since the system is so simple play goes by really fast as well.

>English version
>Picture of books with moon runes

Why didn't you just take a photo of your copy, OP.

what makes me think is the game supports so much randomness and im more kind of GM who preferes to plan the settings, plots and so on... and im also not so sure what i should think about totaly random generated characters...

I also never played anything like this. I play a lot of CP2020 and stuff but this game sounds like a total different (absolutly non-serious) play experience so im a little but confused about the "competetive" and "frustrating" parts talked about.

After all i guess its all about your play-style and how much you're into slice-of-life/comedy anime stuff (a genre i love to call "Brainfuck-Anime"... and i mean this in a good way).
Im totaly in anime like this but sadly i dont know any one which matches with the maid setting of this rpg... hmmm..

because i only bought the pdf

>im a little but confused about the "competetive" and "frustrating"
there is a game mode called 'favour race', it's a method of doing one-shots where at the end of the session the player with the most favour wins. With my group that game mode get's weirdly competitive, a lot of yelling happens near the end of the sessions. As for the 'frustrating' one thing that was only really an issue because of some specific constraints my group was dealing with at the time was the stress explosion, at the time we ran this our sessions always had to be very short, this meant that stress explosions would often cover a very large portion of the session, leading to several players being hobbled for a lot of the game, which got kind of annoying.

>because i only bought the pdf
Pleb detected. Get on my level.

hmm anyway i like what i read so far.
can you guys recommend some fitting anime to get some inspiration for my first plot ideas?

buying the real rulebook is planned as soon as i get my next salary.

MAID is really best played as a one-shot kind of game. Keep a session prepped in case some of your players don't show.

Random character generation is great. Last time my group played, we ended up with someone who rolled both catgirl and mermaid, and spoke almost entirely in awful puns. It was great.

It's weird to think Maid Quest was, like, 8 years ago.

Its a great comedy one-shot game. If everyone is on the same page it's a blast.

But for the love of all that is motherfucking holy do not let in anywhere near an actual goddamn weaboo. I did. The fucker used it to justify the most autistic behaviour i've seen, including constant Nyaa-ing with the motions, even going on their back at one point. And after the game was over and the group went out to eat it didn't stop, leading to him loudly discussing his fart fetish in a public cafe/resteraunt. Killed my enthusiasm to DM for a few months.

Not played it yet but trying to work my group into it.
Also:
kolla din mail hatten

Get better weebs. I ran this for my high school Japanese club years ago and had a blast. Then again my game was like 90% budding fujos and one male orbiter, so that might explain things.

>can you guys recommend some fitting anime to get some inspiration for my first plot ideas?
look up 'He is my master'. It's pretty much MAID rpg: the anime/manga.

absolutely this, I'm pretty sure the MAID rulebook mentions it in the 'related anime and manga' section

What are the middle and right books about?

You dont need any inspiration

Just roll on the fucking random tables for everything and try and get creative with the results

I think the best game I ever ran with this was a one-shot where the master was a loli vampire running a blood bank

This. Or just be a degenerate with other degenerates that are on the same level as you, and ones that only act like weebs when around other weebs.

I keep seeing MAID suggested as a simple system to run games with, is this true?

Yes.

idk. they are additional rules and stuff but they dont exist in english because they are added material in the english rulebook.

It is absolutly possible to run different kinds of settings with it, it has not many stuff for maids only. But what ever you run with it, be sure you like to play comedy nonsense without much realism because that is what the system is all about.

I could also recommend Hanaukyo Maid-Team. Ive no idea about the rule system but from what ive read, Hanaukyo Maid-Team should be fitting.

Basically, the sections marked Optional in the English rulebook are actually content from those other ones. There's also this cut content.