Ixalan World Building Panel Pax

Twitch TV Room Pax 3
At 1:30 PM West Coast time the Pax The World Building event will be shown. The thread is about predictions of the story and general MTG Lore.

>Where does the new Pirate Walker come from?
>Will we get Non Pirate ship Vehicles?
>Will the Sun People and Dinosaurs have a soul bound mechanic?
>What will be the gun substitute for pirates?
>Will the Conquistador Vampires end up getting the most fan support?
>How will WotC embarrass them selves over SJW pandering like they did with Kaladash and that fat Indian guy?
>Will Alison who is in charge of the Lore, prove how little she knows of the lore again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nyhzyLttUOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm only here for the dinosaurs and that's it.

>What will be the gun substitute for pirates?
Well, we've already seen they have some sort of harpoon gun thing, depicted here.

That Indian guy, I remember that. That was fucking hilarious how spineless the wizard staff was. I bet 5 bucks its the same guy again this year.

>Spain are a white blooddrinking monster Empire able to conquer stuff
Kek

>Make guns and cannons
>Have them be powered by MAGIC instead of gunpowder
>totally not guns and cannons anymore guiz

So is Jace gonna be doing the Dances with Wolves thing? Will the set basically be Dancing with Dinos?

Never seen it but I fot the imepreasion it was more like Castaway, complete with jace making his own illusion buddies.

Ma nigga

Then how do the natives and the imperialists fit in?

>whites are bad
>natives are victims
>guns are violent

Already know whats gonna happen. I just want spoilers at this point.

>whites are bad
>natives are victims
>guns are violent

Already know whats gonna happen. I just want spoilers at this point.

>spain
>white
first critical research failure

It would seem he ends up befriending the merfolk faction, if the cards in the planeswalker deck are anything to go by
>The vampires are trying to take back what was stolen from them
>One of the native factions are the ones who stole it
>The other native faction is fucking up the first one with their dinosaurs
>The pirates just want the booty and to fuck up vampires
And they generally have a thing against guns because they're not magical, not because they're too violent.

>Fat indian guy
Cmon guys, Talinthas is a bro
He's one of the few prolific mtg writers who isnt just shilling deck tecks and singles websites
Vorthos Jay is cool too

And Magic Man Sam.

Good thing they specifically said they weren't doing that. Don't you look like an idiot.

Didn't we already get a ship from the vampire fleet?

Reading comprehension much?
Torrezon vampires are white, or you also think irl Spain are vampires, because if you assume my "white" mean as irl, so you have to assume the "bloodsucking monsters" part

This ship is fucking MASSIVE and its just a 4/6 vigilance with crew 2

What even is white anymore? I swear in the last year I've seen so many peoples no longer classified as white. They all look white.
God damn race is retarded.

Is there any reason we wouldnt get more than one? Even in that picture it showed they have other ships.

The merfolk didnt steal the Sun, they just want to keep anyone from getting it because DOOM.

>What even is white anymore?
Whatever it fits your agenda. See, Spaniards might be white when it fits SJW and libcucks, and then non white if it fits. Same for /pol/.

Everything and nothing is white if it fits a particular argument.

and to do this, they stole it. Sounds about right

As far as we know, they don't actually know where it is though. They have a better idea than the other factions, but they still need to go through all this shit to actually find the Immortal Sun.

Which would be weird for the people who stole it.

The guy riding the dinosaur here looks pretty white under all the native wear

the current River Heralds. Perhaps their ancestors did. But I agree that this speculation at this point and we have to see how things turn out

Holy shit what's wrong with that girl with an eyepatch arms?

so, he culturally appropiates native culture? Wow, I expected better from Wizards than pushing insensitivity in their card games

Bet that Angrath is yet another human planeswalker from a forgettable ethnic background? Bonus points if (((he))) is trans

Most likely an orc or a minotaur

Why would you assume that, other than just wanting to be outraged?

Why am I even asking, as though you will have a response besides more /pol/ shit?

because that has been the trend for post-SOI walkers. Look at Samut, Kaya and Saheeli

ignoreport

Most post-SOI walkers are characters we already knew about, like Nissa and Gideon. Samut and Saheeli are just two examples, and you seem to be completely ignoring Dovin Baan.

Also Kaya was pre-SOI, stupid.

10 minutes and they are talking about problematic and racist tropes. Fucking Great!

link?

I dont' understand, when I grew up nobody cared about race, nobody cared about my skin color neither I cared about my friend's skin color, we had awesome movies with people of different ethnicities and nobody threw a fit or complained about not being diverse enough. I hate this age.

Twitch tv pax3, The link wont post on Veeky Forums.

The Vampires look dope

Fuck I missed that

Wasting time with laughter. Nice strategy

>Ship the size of an eldrazi god
>Hits about as hard as a 4-drop dragon

The vehicle is actually one of the smaller ships in thr picture. The cathedral is just so big.

>nobody bat an eye with the bloodsucking monsters predating on natives being white
I wonder why

because its natural. After all, the vampires only feed on criminals

Theyre white because their religion forbids them from feeding except on heretics

She's casting a shrink spell and holding onto the spellball is making her arms shrink because she got distracted and held on to it too long.

Vampires are based
Sun people are bland, they went too safe with them
Merfolks look great
Pirates are a joke, Vraska's all female crew could be interesting though

>You can leave ixalan
Hahahahah bye bye Jace, see you never

Jace becomes a new tribal, with his own lands

Its shit.

>Jace gets his butt kicked
nice

>conditional lifegain on a 5 drop walker as a plus
u boned it

If you actually bothered to learn anything about them you would know that the vampires aren't clear cut invaders or predators. But I know learning new things is probably difficult for you.

Somewhere between fringe playable and garbage
At least they managed to make a SJW-friendly planeswalker with an interesting character for once

Is this one of the worst ultimates ever? Even Samut's ult was clearly powerful and had some potential for abuse.

That ulti can be 0 dmg divided between all their creatures. -0 all creatures are unblockable

>Samut and Huatli are both token representation women
>both are shit
what did WotC mean with this?

Question time, take your bets if we get a repeat of the SJW disaster last time.

Its not an "ult" in the way you are implying it is. The -x is actually okay. That plus is god fucking awful though.

It's either a PW without an ult, or one with a really shitty ult. In either case it's a major fail, since the whole point of PW is that they have a really powerful ability that they can built towards, usually an ability that can win you the game.

Note the -X can be used as 0 on all creatures to prevent them from blocking. It's not so much an ult as an extra - ability, which is interesting.

Well if random assholes on the internet are anything to go off of people that arn't white include:
Caucasians
Nordics
Normans
Irish
Anglos
Mediteranians
Spanish
Slavs

I'm sure I'm missing something, but that basically leaves us with nobody.

I'm 90% sure there's at least one other planeswalker who doesn't have an 'ult' instead of an ability they can conceivably use.

Many, many planeswalker dont have an ult in the "big efect you build up to" sense. The best planeswalker in standard doesnt have an ult. And one of the other top ones doesnt either. This is worse than either but yeah. Youre being stupid.

It needs to be dealt at least one point to stop it from blocking.

>Mediteranians
>Spanish
...aren't those the same thing? I mean, aren't Spanish part of Mediterranians?

Gideon, Apeman of Zendikar

>0
>dealing damage

Name some besides the shitty PW Deck walkers and Tibalt. The best PW in standard, Chandra, has a very clear Ult that basically gives you the game if you get the emblem.

see
and Ashioks ult is inferior to his plus ability

Gideon Ally (actually the best walker in standard) Chandra Flamecaller, and from the beginning iirc Garruk Wildspeaker was the one that could driveby

Gideon is barely in Standard right now with Mardu Vehicles losing popularity, whereas Torch of Defiance is a staple in two of the biggest decks.

Yes, sorry for the redundancy.

>Chandra
>mono red and temur energy
>Gideon
>mardu vehicles lmao

Fair enough but that isnt the point so dont try and deflect away from the fact many planeswalkers, and some actually good ones, dont have ults your meant to build up to.

Will Old Fogey be included as a masterpiece?

Gideon and Flamecaller are but two examples of the near 100 PWs they've made, and Wildspeaker fits with the template of having a likely game-ending ultimate ability.

they don't do masterpieces anymore

y tho

>Three loyalty
>On a 5-drop walker
>That has to kill itself to kill a reasonably sized creature

kek
why on earth would you use this over chandra?

>Plane is called ixalan
>recently discovered continent is calle ixalan
So did the natives and the old worlders had somekind of hive mind to call the new continent ixalan?

only white males were allowed to ask questions and no cringey shit. Everything went better than expected

It's not something they're just done doing, it's just something they decided not to flood each set with.

They'll probably do them every few sets

>last time
hey, I didn't hear about that, what happened?

then it will be too late for ol' Fogey

I can name more if you want. I was listing only relevant ones because I remember them. Again, don't deflect from the original point >It's either a PW without an ult, or one with a really shitty ult.

youtube.com/watch?v=nyhzyLttUOk
just look at the disaster yourself

>eldrazi god can get beat up by 13 squirrels

Scale in MTG isn't very good.

Of note is how the factiona have different material themes.

Vampires are gold
Sun Empire Steel
Merfolk Jade
Pirates Fabric

>Angrath
What are the chances Angrath is just Tahngarth

Humans are an underclass in the Legion of Dusk, Vampirism is for noble lines

Vampires have fangs on their helmets
Dinosaur feathered radiate from "sun spots" on their bodies

It was easy to get white vampires.

Green merfolk some rD people lost their shit over

Boy oh boy I can't wait to see what 3 varieties of o-ring we get for this set.

I'm glad we got them, they look pretty cool. Don't know why they'd flip their shit though, we already have a precedent of UG merfolk, is mono G really that big a leap?