IXALAN SPOILER FROM PAX PANEL

IXALAN SPOILER FROM PAX PANEL

This is Huatli.

It's shit.

>r/w
>creates green

Also this

A midrange planeswalker that will skillfully destroy some limited games.

I think it's good

>GW ability
>G ability
>R ability
>not Naya
ONE JOB

Making her 4 mana Naya would make her really good

we can't have that, user. that would be a nice thing.

>skillfully

No, it won't take much skill or thought to destroy a limited game.

"Stop making planeswalkers and mythics required in every deck!"
>Wizards stops making them be as good
"Why are the planeswalkers and mythics in this set so shit!?"

This is a good walker with the wrong cost. It's not exactly the same thing people are complaining about. Making her 1RGW isn't going to warp anything.

Feel she should cost 4CMC for those abilities.

I can see her as a one or two of in the Mardu Vehicles deck. Those 3/3 are surely pure value, specially to crew some Heart of Kirans.

Anyways, I too agree that she should be, at least, 2RGW in the mana cost.

>+2: Winmore
>0: The reason you play her
>-X: Situational

Reminds me of Oath Chanda mixed with some Garruk, In my opinion she will see fringe play, maybe in vehicles and such

She's alright at best

It's a 5 mana, make 3 3/3s and crew kiran 3 times.

>Plane is called Ixalan and everybody knows this
>Newly discovered continent is called Ixalan even by the natives who never had contact with the old worlders
hive mind?

R&D is just lazy

They have been there about 2 years.

More than enough to kill anything that's dead.

Qt indian. Shit card. I'm sad now

The continent is called Ixalan and the set is named after it. I don't think the plane is actually called Ixalan but for marketing purposes and the ease of writing about Ixalan as a recalled event they will call the entire plane Ixalan to simplify it.

The plane is called Ixalan, did you watched PAX? well, they said the plane is called Ixalan.

I didn't but I thought I read something about the Continent being called Ixalan and that there were other continents.

If the plane is called Ixalan that is totally fine but it's stupid I feel to name an entire world after a portion of the world. Same shit happened with Amonkhet and Kaladesh where the entire plane was named after a single city instead of the plane having a name for itself. I feel Innistrad also falls into category but people will fight me for saying that.

There're other continents, that's why it's weird that this last one, the newest is called Ixalan even by the natives

Lorecast bitch said it was somewhere jace has been before but another continent. It could be on schandalad, dominaria, innistrad or a plethora of other planes.

WE WUZ DINOSAUR RIDERS N SHIET

Dude, fucking watch the questions at the end, someone asked if both the plane and continent were called Ixalan and they answered yes, both are called Ixalan

WOW ANOTHER STRONG BROWN POC WOMAN WITH RED IN HER MANA COST

WHAT A TOTALLY NOVEL CONCEPT

Shit art, shit card

Seems like it'd be OK in my old Brion Stoutarm EDH deck, but you know what they say about EDH.
Even in that, though, she does come off as a bit winmore.

Thoughts?

I like it

she can trigger enrage in your own dinos

Oooooh. So Ixalan traps Planeswalkers?
Probably explains why Angrath can't leave.

Except the plane is called Amonkhet and the city is Naktamun. And the plane is Kaladesh and the city is Ghirapur.
The fact that they not only made Kaladesh revolve around the single city and made it seem like there wasn't anything else TO the plane, and then followed it up with a plane where everything except a single city was destroyed, was exceedingly retarded, yes, but neither plane was named the same as the sole city the sets were focused around.
The only plane named for its city is Ravnica.

>tfw precon PW not much worse than set PW
Whew.

at least the face has some form of look other than ugly fucker or generic stronk tumblrqueer stephen universe fanart

Yeah, Huatli isn't too bad looking.

Dinosaurs are a case where you may actually want "fights" instead of one way fight effects.

Doesn't look bad just overcosted for what she does, 4 mana she would be great.
If anything she's atleast better than samut.

>no flash
It's shit.

Why are you pretending like you wouldn't have made this comment if she was blue, green or any other color.

That as well, but also this

That's double shit.

>>no flash
>It's shit.
He's running to fast for you to notice

N-nani?!

Very unattractive to me.

She's not a beauty by any means, but she's definitely better than Samut and at least looks like a normal woman in most depictions.

no one cares about your opinion

I'm just glad they're the proper race they're supposed to be instead of black.

Not a bad face but definitely a bad haircut

Could be worse

>playing kiran
>in a meta filled with abrade
that's a laugh and a half

>she's definitely better than Samut
Well that's true, but I have shat out turds that were hotter and looked more human than Samut. I think we could do a lot better than "doesn't make the viewer recoil in horror".

So if Ixalan prevents planeswalking and Huatli is a native to the plane, how did she Ignite?

She's a cutie. what are you talking about?

I will never not hate this card and if I EVER see her in a Command Zone, you best believe I'm gunning for you.

>make dinosaur tokens to pilot your vehicles.

Are you talking about the dinosaur? 'Cause the woman just looks like somebody's mom angry that the kids ruined the begonias again.

Just replace her with a tastefully improved proxy.

A lot of that is the helmet. It compresses her brow and makes her face look a lot more angular with the cheek bits. Judging by the rest of the image, if she took off the armor she'd probably look really pretty, especially with her hair down.

Her dinosaur looks like a good boy yes he does.

Are there any pictures of her without armor?

I'm really disappointed she doesn't have her own personal legendary pet raptor as a token that she can create.

Would have been interesting to have her ETB alongside a token, have her 0 revive said token and have her -X interact with the token.

None yet so far. Hope we get at least one.

God I wish this was the reality I was living in

>Jace is going to be half naked all block long
>loses more and more clothes along the way judging by his PW Deck art
>meanwhile Huatli will end up in full plate armor with a jousting lance and face plate helmet

The secret is that Jace has been regulated to the most celebrated role in all of pirate erotica: The Cabin Boy.

Vraska is going to eat him for breakfast.

You wish Magic had generic anime characters? You should probably play Force of Will.

this walker is actually much stronger than Veeky Forums realizes for midrange.

but thats the rub, Veeky Forums is almost always wrong on the important things, I posted variant on Rally the ANcestors.dek 2 weeks before it fully broke out and people said it was garbage.

it was like 9 cards away from what would become "the list".

I kind of wonder if somebody at WotC actively tried to make people hate Samut by making her so fucking ugly.

What the fuck even is that facial expression.

He looks like a guy that forgot his glasses, smoked a blunt and is unsure if he left the oven on when he left Ravnica.

Generic anime characters are so much better than the utter disgusting garbage we're getting these days.

Yeah, you should definitely just play Force of Will and pretend you're a little anime girl.

Generic anime characters are still shit

She's basically Garruk, Primal Hunter, shifted to a Maya card . Not sure how well that's going to work out in Standard, but for EDH she's only ever going to see play as a token generator in Grisharth because her +2 is fucking terrible.

do you know.. where you are?

Generic anime characters are better than approximately 50% of classic Magic art and 98% of current Magic art.

>Implying

she's easier to cast and can save your ass from Aggro decks/other midrange decks from clobbering you.

she cannot however, draw you cards.

but her -X is secretly her best ability, because eventually the board stalls in these sort of matches, and your just ticking up a Hautli until you have enough to -X and swing for lethal.

The sad part is that she actually looks pretty well-designed in Blur of Blades, but the art directors wanted her to constantly look angry. I wouldn't call the character ugly, but a lot of the art is way more off-putting than they wanted.

The tragedy is that I bet all the actual artists want to draw attractive characters that people enjoy seeing and exciting scenes that look like something is happening, but the art director tells them to make everything shitty and ugly and boring, and viewed from a distance so that you can't even see what the fuck is on the card.

Hes been hanging out with green merfolk, the forgot his glasses and smoked weed part seems valid.

They could've done a lot better with expressing emotion with her. I want to like her character, especially after they dodged the "I told you so" bullet after Bolas showed himself and actually earned her spark through a great accomplishment, but fuck me if they didn't botch the presentation hard.

I kinda want to get pic related's art on a proxy of her original card. Anyone know any good proxy techniques?

How little you know

Saboteur a cute. CUTE

WHAT ABOUT VAMPIRE KNIGHTS NIGGA

I NEED MY FAVORITE TRIBES IN ONE DECK WITH NON SHIT CARDS

But is it a boy or a girl?
And do I care?

>Legendary
>Planeswalker
What did they mean by this?

They've got paladins, so you're good to go.

The PW uniqueness rule was redundant.

>any year
>defending the dumpster fire that is force of will

That seems neat.
Neat enough to actually make vamps work? Probably not.

I have no problem with it, it's fine I guess

>We need to reduce pixels on screen describing card rulings and keywords
>Let's instead spend more money on ink on the cards and confuse old fags
What did they mean by this?

They're nuking the 'PW Uniqueness' rule, and replacing it by making PWs just legendary, instead of "basically legendary, but with subtypes"

Soon you'll be able to fill the board with 1 of every Jace, instead of one Jace total.

Makes PW rule a bit less confusing to scrubs, makes it less confusing to explain to returning oldfags (who played before PWs), makes Atraxa a bit better, makes Gideon Tribal a bit better.

>Veeky Forums thinks Huatli is a bad card
What the fuck is wrong with you guys? This is Elspeth Sun's Champion, but cheap enough to play in midrange. Slam her on turn five, use her 0 ability, then repeat step two until you win.

Looks to be a guy in the back and a probable girl in the front

Because it's not as good as Sun's Champion?
>doesn't make scores of tokens to buff with mono-white token anthems, making just one
>can't defend itself against two attacking creatures
>can't wipe the field of everything big

I am still glad I left right before they cycled out M blocks. Thanks for the confirmation the game is still shit on rules and such.

Heard you niggers hate the Scarab God?

>Elspeth Sun's Champion
You cannot be fucking serious.
Elspeth ticks up to 5 make three (3) creatures.
Huatli stays at 3 to make one (1) creatures.
Elspeth can take out every 4 power creature or greater the turn she comes down.
Huatli kills herself to do split a bolt.

Elspeth builds towards making your creatures big and evasive. What you're suggesting does nothing but spin your wheels, and I don't know what to tell you if you think a 3/3 on turn 5 is amazing. She is nowhere close to Elspeth in terms of power.

Are you trolling me or something?