Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Paranormal_Animals__How_likely_is_your_doggy_a_Hellhound?.trid
>Digit_Infestation?__Don't worry__Bugfixing_Inc.ARO
>designer_Pets.knwsft
>What_to_do_against_Devilrats?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 0 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'It is me, human. Feed me'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Purring_cats.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Pet Edition
What pets do you have?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lFdzTzqUlvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hellhound straight outta the Redmond Barrens. Background behind the guy is my character choked him out when he was in his teens, while the hound was just a pup spitting fire everywhere, and decided to keep him because he was cute. Numerous burned down squatting locations later he started to chill out.

Augmented Reality not-Pokemon.

Pets are just another mouth to feed.
Attach googly eyes to your drones instead.

I have a bunraku poodle. Right now it's running a Maria Mercurial personafix.

>bunraku poodle
?????
Is this euphemism for a sex-slave?

It's literal.

In that case consider me thoroughly stumped.
I don't understand.
Explain

It's a biodrone I guess?

I think you already understand.

Would you say that anyone under the influence of a personafix chip would be responsible for any crimes committed while under said influence? They would literally not be behaving like themselves.

I have an idea for Halloween-themed run based around a mysterious string of murders that lead back to a series of malfunctioning slasher film personafix chips.They simulate being The Final Girl, not the actual killer

Are people responsible for their actions while heavily intoxicated? Yes.

You're held liable for putting yourself in that situation.

If could be hacked. What if you chip in to enjoy a good ol' horror movie but instead you don a mask & start slaying. I like this dude's idea. Political nightmare for the justice system. If you aren't in control of your actions because something is hacking your brain than its not like being under the influence or doing hazardous actions

False dichotomy. This is more 'are you held responsible for the acts of someone who stole your car'.

Posting again from old thread

What going on in Ohio? Anything cool or interesting?

>you have to be a Nartaki in the first place to get four cyberarms
You have to be a Nartaki to get four natural arms, and a changeling to get 6+ natural arms. There are rules for taking more than two cyber legs. There are no rules on how many cyberarms you can get.

>>Pet Edition
>What pets do you have?
My character is the pet, actually. A Dog Shapeshifter raised by a para-hound breeder - hellhounds, barghasts, shadow hounds, etc - after he was born as something sapient by a sheer fluke. He was 7 before his master walked in on him getting food out of the cupboards with his thumb-having metahuman form and got put to work paying part of the room and board after that.

Downtime is often spent hanging out with his extended family out in the kennels.

>Would you say that anyone under the influence of a personafix chip would be responsible for any crimes committed while under said influence?
It depends on whether they chipped themselves voluntarily or involuntarily, as well as local laws, as per any other intoxicant.

For example, if someone does bath salts and eats someone's face, are they responsible for crimes committed? Absolutely.

If, on the other hand, someone's involuntarily dosed and then commits said crimes, is it the dosed person, the person dosing them, or both responsible for any crimes committed? That'll vary by region, by jury, and even based on the defendent's skin color/metatype.

It's definitely going to trial no matter what, though.

>What going on in Ohio?
Nothing.

>Anything cool or interesting?
No.

The closest thing Ohio has to being interesting is its proximity to Detroit (Ares's personal city) and Chicago (Bug City). Aside from that, I expect it's mostly urban blight, polluted wilderness, and Sprawl.

You know, like modern Ohio, but without any corn.

>be Naga
>take Liminal Body, centaur-form
>take two cyberarms
>surge afterwards with another four natural arms
>take a bunch of crazy shit as my negative mutagenics like third eye and feathers
>be 10-limbed mutant cyberfreak snake

So...how does that work? Does it bark out the songs? Can it actually talk?
Was Maria Mercurial that much of a bitch?

Calm down, Crawler.

Or you could sew three people together ass-to-mouth. That's twelve limbs. Checkmate.

by the third human centipede movie they had sewn together like a 500-person human caterpillar

I wouldn't put it past the Azzies to have tried that at least twice.

That's fucked up omae.

Right, so I rewatched this Simpsons couch gag recently, and I got to wondering:

1) Would you enjoy a shadowrun campaign that played to this sort of 80s sunset miami vice/knight rider/etc atmosphere?
2) How would you recommend creating such an atmosphere during play?

>What pets do you have?
None, because there are no prices for them.

Thanks, Hardy!

Then just like people who have been intoxicated or drugged against their will, you are not liable.

1) Yes
2) It's gotta be not serious at all. Scour youtube for cheesy 80s pop music, and not the stuff you remember from movies/anything that still gets radio play. Like the kinds of pop acts that toured malls.

I'm planning to take Megacorp level fame, day job 40, and electronic witness, And then take selfies mid run constantly.
How much will my team hate me?

Depends if you're playing in L.A. or not.

1. Yes. Actually, I lied. I meant FUCK YES.

2. Generally try to put in all the things from those shows that you like, but avoid anything too on the nose that would turn things into an 80s theme park. E.g don't use a white Countach, but describe it as a white sports car with angular bodywork. Or maybe even make it a Lamborgini model from the 2070s, the Lamborgini Diamante or some shit.

Music is always helpful. Try stuff like Vaporwave that uses a lot of 80s vibe so you don't end up with your soundtrack being the "Greatest Hits Of The 80s!".

Use fashion and decor too, especially 80s office chic and the kinds of hotel rooms you'd see the rich bad guys renting in Miami Vice, etc.

Don't forget the non-glam side to the 80s. I think you need the dusty, grungy side to compliment it. SR generally takes care of that by itself.

Can't you come up with a price for your game? They just need to be cheap enough to be commercially viable but not so cheap that people in the barrens are buying them to eat.

Why even run at that point. Unless

They don't even need to be cheap enough to be commercially viable, look at cyberdecks.

Well arguably you would have to be doing something interesting to sustain that level of income from EW+Dayjob

>Cost to make a 6/6/7/7 Commlink-Deck
>218kish
>Cost to buy a 6/6/7/7 deck
>like 400k
b a l a n c e

If you're running in LA, you'll fit right in.
If you're running elsewhere, they'll just shoot you and find a sane replacement.

>Sane replacement
I mean I am a streetsam(+face), so 'sane' is kinda difficult to find.

Difference is, the deck can have Attack, Sleaze, and cyber programs at the same time.

You can only have a 0/6/7/7 or 6/0/7/7 commlink and it can't have programs.

So yeah, it is actually balanced, that was the intent.

B-b-b-but CGL a shit! A SHIT!

You cant use both dongles at once?
Still 0/6/7/7 will do you for most things

Alright, I know this idea is super retarded, but I think my players will like it. For their next run, a Renraku Johnson-san will ask them to retrieve a prototype drone from a Vancouver Island Blacksite. That's not the important part, but it will probably be alright.

However, when they come back:
The Tir has invaded Seattle in order to crack down on the criminal haven. It's half warzone, half police state. I think it's a big enough event to kick off an overarching campaign rather than the series of one-offs we've been running.

You can't use most dongles and while it may allow you some things, it won't allow others.

Have fun having to erase marks, crack a file or data spike without an attack stat.

The lack of the program slot is also a major disadvantage.

Playing with a commlink like that is the same as playing a crippled technomancer, except you get none of the bonuses of being a technomancer.

Yeah. It works great until you have to crack a file. Or get link-locked and then can't swap out the dongles.

It's not really retarded, but you will have to think what and who the Tir would need to have at their backs in order to do something drastic like this. It just seems to me that there would need to be some bigger wheels turning than just the Tir cracking down on criminals, even if that's the public reason they'e giving.

Tir invading the UCAS is a bad idea, no matter how they slice it.

Especially because corps don't get extraterritoriality anymore, so they're gonna be fighting it big time.

Lets see ...

>Attack Dongle (rating2 * 3000¥)
>Stealth Dongle (rating2 * 3000¥)
Either of these will get you a matrix attribute at the specified rating.

>Add a Matrix Attribute (DR * 2 electronic parts)
This will get you a matrix attribute at 1, but will cockblock the next mod.

>Program Carrier: Virtual Machine (2 electronic parts & 900¥)
This will allow you to run programs that increase (not add) a matrix attribute.

So you can either have Sleaze or Attack and cyber programs, or both (but one will be rating 1 / no upgrades) and no cyberprograms

It can be at two. Add an Attribute explicitly allows Increase an Attribute, as long as it's the attribute you added.

Right so in that scenario, you have 1 or 2 attack. If you run virtual machine you take more Condition Monitor damage as stated in the program.

All in all you end up wasting money on a piece of tech that's gonna get slagged by any rating 5+ host and security spider.

Now using a 0/6/7/7 commlink to host a Rating 6 Agent. And then having several of these commlinks, that's shadowrunning.

My decker built several of these devices as decoy devices for when she ran against Rating 9-10 hosts. Order the agent to hack a few files, mess with the host, then reboot and do it again. It's like a SR version of DDOSing.

I'm still working on it, and trying to figure out what the Tir can give all the Big Ten out of this deal. It doesn't mean it isn't a bad idea, though. It probably is no matter what.

Anyone seen Two-Dee?

last thing we've seen was Pic related

Heya guys I'm building a swarm rigger and I need advice. Here's what I've got so far.

The rotordrones provide overwatch with their sniper rifles while the fly-spys do the searching. The GMC hides the big drones while I keep the flyspies in a cardboard box or something, I haven't decided yet.

I have 50,000 Nuyen left. I took subtle pilot for both types of drone, but I realised it would only work when I was jumped in. Is it still worth it, or should I take something else?

Why a poodle? They're pretty damn unsexy as dogs go.

I mean, shit. If you've got a Standard Poodle, why not go with a Spitz, an Irish Setter, or a Golden Retriever? If you've got the needledick, why not a large Pomeranian, an Australian Shepherd, or a Papillon?

>yeah I went there

Well, shit.

Hope we see him again. I miss SRStorytime.

Infinity Storytime
W H E N
H
E
N

As far as RAW is concerned, you can't mount exotic weapons on weapon mounts.
Maaaaaybe this week. I have a few days off work.

I hope you're here, user-this game sounded amazing and I want to hear more.

Was there community building? Did you have a gang? Did you have a community garden? How did you deal with Lone Star? Did you get big enough to build and maintain infrastructure (even small shit like drug labs and brothels) or were you just squatting?

Wait, does that mean you can't mount lasers on drones? That's fucking bullshit.

Give the drone a beefy arm and have it hold the laser.

Make sure to get a good bad casemod for the arm.

It's just kinda bullshit, because drones and vehicles seem like the ideal place to put lasers seeing as by RAW they would have infinite ammo while hooked up.

Plus, laser blasting robots is kickass.

Oh, also flamethrowers. I want flamethrowers on my drones.

You can probably still attach the laser while it's held in the arm. There's a universal connection port on each end of the equtation, after all.

>As far as RAW is concerned, you can't mount exotic weapons on weapon mounts.
How does that (not) work?

Don't have space, all mod slots taken by guns and fleshlights.

Vehicle weapon mounts are based on size; standards fit anything assault-rifle sized or smaller, while heavies can mount everything. Drone weapon mounts are explicit in the categories they permit.

It gets better (and I actually mean better, no czar-chasm here), if you don't use the drone mod rules, which call themselves out as optional.

Because in that case you are using the vehicle rules, and then you can put it in at Standard size.

You telling me you literally can't grab some glue, and stick some googly eyes onto the chasis of any of your drones?

What am I, some kind of savage? Do it right or not at all.

How could anyone hate the crew's style? Shit was cash.

So I'm trying to put together a blatant Snow Crash ripoff (virus/religion/drug that kills the concious brain and creates a universal language, but instead of Pentecostal Christianity, the religion is a Zoroastrianism-Astaru hybrid) for my 5e campaign, but I'm stumbling as far as how to put a Shadowrun spin on it. Should I have the origins of the virus be tied to the Horrors? Have one of the Big Ten tied to it? Or should I stick to the whole Babylonian Metavirus schtick?

Weird Resonance-warped CFD variant maybe.

I generally ignore the Horrors as an in-game element. They're a bit too cosmic horror to casually slip into a game. I don't really see why any of the AAAs would be into that either, unless it was some kind of experiment gone wrong that got loose.

Hey Chummers,
I'm trying to DM a first time SR-group. Some are experienced roleplayers, other are first timers.
I originally wanted to use "battle for manhattan" but I was told that it may be too deadly for new players.

So I bought a shadowrun novel to get a better understanding for the world and thought of a first run.

It's set in Germany and the group is hired by a johnson to demolish the bikes of a biker gang which threatened and beat up the snobby son of a high level Corp exec, while he was cruising the Autobahn with his new shiny expensive car.
They'll receive more karma and money for not killing anyone during this run and they have to film everything.
They may encounter the Son and his friends when they exit the lair.

Anyone have some ideas for twists,additional difficulties or encounters? So far I've only designed DnD dungeons and encounters and I have difficulties doing the same for SR5.

I recommend take a look at this video to ease up the burden of building encounters. It basically boils down to handwave a lot of the stats and try to think for yourself "how good should this NPC be at X" and then give the mook mobs the same stats. youtube.com/watch?v=lFdzTzqUlvw
On twists and difficulties, unless you have one that directly correlates to the run itself for example, the bikes were paid by another corp to beat up the snobby kid and the PCs have the option to give this info to the Johnson or not, just go for something that relates to the PC. If one of them has a gang past, well a few of the bikers recognize him and shit gets loud faster than expected. An ex-corp gets a call from a "friend" that still works inside that a group of bikers beat up and stole something very valuable from the kid of their superior, and they have the option to get a few more bucks on the side or even piss off/screw over Johnson.
Focus mostly on either adding danger using the character's own past and qualities, or add options for the players to toy around with. Don't focus too much on big twists or so at first, mostly so the group gets used to playing around.

This. Never use the terrible drone mods if you can avoid it. Always use the vehicle modding rules instead.

The problem is vehicle mods are pretty incoherent with drones in a lot of ways. You can fit way too much stuff into a drone with the vehicle mod rules, like putting Barrets on Wolfhound drones while also putting in a rigger coocoon and a power winch because why not its only about the size of a trashcan lid and can break the speed of sound.

There is also the fact that the entire drone selection is written you are using the drone rules.

You basically need to try to run them hybrid, or use the drone rules modified, because rigger 5 was a steaming pile and the writers confirmed it was written by 5 people who didn't talk to each other on Reddit

Drones are fragile, un-versatile pieces of trash using the drone rules, where you have to tank your Body score to get mod points - in many ways, the drone modification rules produce worse drones than the Core Rulebook alone.

They knew they were fucking garbage, and that's why they edited in this last-minute little gem:
>These rules provide detailed options for drones and can be used as an optional rules system for adding modifcations to them. Players who do not want to use a separate system can use the rules provided in the Building the Perfect Beast chapter (p. 150).

They didn't even say 'GMs who don't want to use these rules,' it's so optional that they called out the player to make the call without GM approval. They're fucking garbage.

The vehicle modification rules, on the other hand, make drones versatile and useful in a way that the others don't. Sure, there's some extreme edge cases - small drones being able to fit too-big of mods - but that's easily handled by having the common sense to go 'I shouldn't put a rigger cocoon on my trashcan lid, should I?'

The vehicle modding rules aren't perfect, but they're a whole fucking lot better than the steaming pile that are the drone modding rules, and as a whole Rigger 5 is the book that Riggers have needed to not be garbage for two editions in a row now.

What was wrong with R3R?

The two editions were 4e and 5e. Until Rigger 5 finally got released, Riggers hadn't been good since 3e.

Riggers still aren't good as of rigger 5.

In some ways they got worse, for example drones lost the ability to basically have near infinite ammo on guns like shotguns which was a huge deal.

It also didn't solve any real fundamental problems with drones. There is still no real reason to jump into a drone using a 200k piece of 'ware and a bunch of skillpoints dedicated to it rather than just using 200k of 'ware and a bunch of skillpoints to get good at stuff yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the core advantage of rigging, "If you shoot at me, I don't actually die", negated by the fuckawful drone costs that mean you can't afford to lose them?

>for example drones lost the ability to basically have near infinite ammo on guns like shotguns which was a huge deal
>AMMO BINS
>Are you one of those runners that feel that any problem can be solved with enough bullets? Is “spray and pray” your personal street proverb? Then you probably want the ammo bin modifcation. Each ammo bin modifcation provides an extra 250 rounds of ammunition for one of the vehicle’s weapon mounts. The modification may be taken multiple times, providing more rounds for different weapons or even multiple times for the same weapon (if you really need a lot of bullets).

>There is still no real reason to jump into a drone using a 200k piece of 'ware and a bunch of skillpoints dedicated to it rather than just using 200k of 'ware and a bunch of skillpoints to get good at stuff yourself.
For the cost of 2 skills (Pilot, Gunnery) and a 43k nuyen Control Rig, you have:
>+2 to all of your relevant skill checks from the Control Rig and Hotsim alone
>the ability to hop your perspective between a variety of different platforms as-needed situationally instead of just being an on-foot metahuman, many of which can be kitted to be either extremely useful or extremely deadly for very cheap
>not getting shot when your drone gets shot; biofeedback is only 50% of whatever your drone takes as actual damage, and it's very easy to resist with even just a decent commlink, if you're not the RCC type

Basically, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The more you talk, the more it sounds like you're someone who got told about R5 by an angry friend, rather than actually reading it yourself.

Basically, you're a faggot.

Yeah basically. If riggers were meant to use drones as disposable mini samurai they weren't priced for that, and mod rules made it worse.

So because drones are expensive enough so that losing them is a significant investment lost, you can't treat them as the equivalent of ammo or a grenade, so now rigging them is just like being a teammate on the scene, you still need to get that thing out in most cases. At that point you need to consider why you aren't just playing a samurai who has drones, because the samurai is much more likely to survive the run than even an upgraded drone, who can and often will just die to corpsec suppressing fire.

Control rigs are a big dicepool boost offensively, but offensive dice in SR are cheap as balls and getting a hypothetical extra 2 dice out of gen isn't worth sacrificing what will generally be 20-30 dice to resist damage, its just a shit deal.

So rigging has to be either about disposabiltiy, meaning running shitty cheap drones and having the team together absorb the cost, and telepresence, the idea that your rigger can "teleport" their skills about.

The first isn't really what the rigger role is about lore wise and isn't super fun in a lot of ways and requires a lot of commitment and support from the team, but works out really well if it happens, making rigger-team support builds that have all the logic linked gear skills like demolitions, ewar, first aid, chemistry, and of course drone skills really fun, because you basically play sorta like an alchemist class from a fantasy game, using tools everyone else could use, but using them way better.

The second just sucks in terms of logistics and isn't fun to play like... at all..

For 43k nuyen (Control Rig 1), 40k nuyen (Direktionssekretar), 20k nuyen (Customized Agility +4), you're rocking a body with Agility 8 where it counts, your full defense pool and then some because of your Jumped In bonuses, the ability to make absurd physical stunts that a street samurai could only dream of, and the ability to not only stack on armor but also be immune to Stun damage. Throw out another 1.4k for a Multidimensional Coprocessor and you're rocking 4d6 as your Jumped-In Initiative.

That's 104.4k nuyen. You can do that with Money C and still have more than 35k left for other expenses, if you're that desperately tight on points. All of that also only requires 2 main skills (Pilot, Gunnery) 2 attributes (Reaction, Logic) and 2 support attributes (the relevant Mechanic and Electronic Warfare).

Or you can go with Money A and blow that starter shit out of the water. Like, for real, that's just the 'Wired Reflexes 1 and Arm of God'-tier starter-package, if you're talking about a Control Rig Rigger.

Compared to basically any other archetype, they require an extremely small investment to be very, very good, and unlike being a Face where you quickly run out of things to invest in, you keep getting better and better as you keep investing.

Had the same idea some time ago, rewatching some Miami Vice but their episode don't translate very well. But the white suits, mafia, lots of drugs and so on do.

Plus, the Caribbean League is just super fun in general.

On a related note, I want to make a pirate-themed runner whose offshore vessel can launch precision strikes - the Sixth World equivalent of having a naval vessel bombard a fortress. Is the best way to do that to rig a boat up with sniper rifles and then target AROs placed in person?

What's the longest-range weapon I can (out of chargen) mount on a boat in 5e?

So do you think people in the game's setting are boycotting stuff like Lord of the Rings for hateful and racist portrayal of Orcs ?

If it survived either of the Crashes, maybe. But only idiots would be upset over bigotry and insensitive content in ancient films, chummer.

>only idiots would be upset over bigotry and insensitive content in ancient films, chummer.
>insert comment about the recent complaints about Gone with the Wind here

You figured out the allusion to current events, good job user!

>implying cops care in shadowrun

They're already doing that today.

Do you think there are still people who love Star Wars enough that they became actual jedi?

samurais are too nonsense
i mean its 2065 dude and you still fuckin use a fuckin katana when i have a frickin SMG?
samurais confirmed for asperger

There's an ork biker gang called the Sons of Sauron.

3e has a passage talking about a Jedi magical tradition based out of Sydney. I don't remember which book it was, other than that it wasn't otherwise about Australia.

When you're strong enough to hit harder than an anti-material rifle, armored enough to shrug off small arms fire, and fast enough to outrun highway traffic, a lot of guns' advantages start to shrink away.

which is why you then start auto firing larger guns, since you don't have to worry about recoil