Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

CRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEED edition

>New Codexes, Ad Mech all that matter, Tyranerds, Craftworld Eldumb, and Imperial Gay too I guess

>Also Chapter approved and Necromunda stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign, rigged or not, take a minute to appreciate that the UI and assets are pretty dope and lovingly crafted, even the background has Poppop looking in
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Ave Omnissiah

Other urls found in this thread:

geekdad.com/2017/08/games-workshop-representation/
youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Drukhari strike first! For Commorragh!

Shamelessly reasking

Anyone know if Pete mentioned anything aside from no SoBs? Like about the existing Xenos or future Primarchs?

Dumb question, but I'm new to the army: Starting a genestealer cult army and I got some models from the Deathwatch Overkill set, including what looks like an acolyte hybrid with a mining laser. I'm looking at the index, though, and I'm only seeing neophytes being able to take mining lasers. Is it supposed to be a neophyte despite having 3 arms, or am I missing something?

He's a neophyte, he just has an extra arm to hold the mining laser. I think it's the difference between 3rd and 4th generation hybrids or something.

Resounding victory for the forces of Chaos at the South Austin store in the Apocalypse match today. Major chaos victory and many loyalists destroyed.

Alright, glad to know I'm not going crazy. Thanks

Game update
Called at turn 5 due to too wide of a VP gap but Aquilla Strongpoint "Peach Garden" still stood with 24 wounds left! I only had a command squad inside and a Tempestor Prime dueling a Lictor outside but I managed to clench the win by being a turtling asshole. Narratively, the command squad (who's commander King Nigger Jew bravely left the safety of the fortress to certain soon to secure two objective cards before getting eaten by a Carnifex) managed to purge all vital Imperial records and starcharts before escaping through a secret tunnel. The Strongpoint was then collected weeks later after the planet was rewon.

I've been having a real challenge fighting bugs, user. Gimme some info on how to fight them.

different user but what army?

Focus fire. Monsters and swarms of gaunts are infinitely worse when depleted of wounds. Fuck Genestealers and Broodlords as hard as possible the moment you get the chance. They charge, you lose whole units.

ho boy

geekdad.com/2017/08/games-workshop-representation/

I feel partly responsible for this, the author's salamanders quote from lexicanum was written by me originally

R8H8 FLUFFY SHARKS
I have 28 points to burn. Maybe upgrade 2 storms to have asscannons or something.

Carcharodons 2000pts CP 7
Ravenguard Tactics

Battalion +3CP
>HQ
Librarian w/Sword and PP
Captain w/Chainsword and Combi-Melta + Teeth of Terra

>Troops
Scouts with Shotguns x5
Scouts with Shotguns x5
Scouts with Shotguns x5

>Dedicated Transport
Landspeeder Storm w/Heavy Bolter

Vanguard Detachment +1CP
>HQ
Tyberos

>Elite
Tartaros x10 with Lightning Claws
Contemptor Dread w/Asscannon
Company vets x5 w/Meltas and Chainswords
Company vets x5 w/Meltas and Chainswords

>Dedicated
Drop Pod w/Stormbolter
Drop Pod w/Stormbolter

I'm fighting bugs. I use Chaos Marines.

Has range firepower been your only viable solution?

As Guard? Yes

archive that shit, yo

I have a 2k tournament at the shop coming up and an unfluffly list, will anyone give me some feedback?
battalion detachment
1999/2000 pts 6 CPs

_HQ_
>libby w/ jump pack-147
-force axe, combi plasma, jump pack
-tome of malcador

>chaplin in terminator armor-131
-combi-plas, crozis arcanum
-salamanders' mantle

_TROOP_
>(10x) tactical squad-168
-plas, lascannon
>rhino-74
-2 storm bolter

-plas, lascannon
>rhino-72
-storm bolter

-plas, lascannon
>rhino-72
-storm bolter

_ELITE_
>assault terminators-215
-twin lightning claws
-teleport homers

>vanguard vets-195
-storm shields, 5 thunder hammer
-jumpacks

>drednought-145
-twin lascannon, missile launcher

_HEAVY_
>(5x) devestator squad-170
-2 lascannon, 2 missile, cherub

>Stormraven-274
-twin assault cannon, twin heavy bolter, 2 hurricane bolters, 2 stormstrike missiles

So, how certain is the lack of new models for the upcoming admech release? Is there any source that confirms the rumour?

Still hoping for some surprise release

But he literally has pics of Tallarns, whose entire shtick is being Space Middle Easterners?

>Has range firepower been your only viable solution?
You're not going to outmelee Tyranids, user, unless they're bringing some kind of weird list and leaving the stealers at home. Genestealers are the premiere melee unit of the entire game, that's kind of their whole point. So yes, shoot them.

Any transcripts of what was said? I've pretty much given up hope on plastic Sisters in my lifetime, but I want to be sure. I want to have a SoB army by the end of the year, so I'm planning my stuff out.

Unless you get a really good reason to believe otherwise, assume every Codex release for the rest of the year will have zero models with it. Chances are you'll be right the majority of the time.

The rumour mill pretty much confirms this.

Fuuucking hell.

Okay.

Standalone Cawl only

Dunno about a transcript, hence my asking

Alternatively, if you're packing some seriously killy melee units like Berzerkers, you can totally win IF you get the charge and hit first. But that's much easier said than done against 8"move+advance+charge stealers who can also pop out of trygon tunnels and shit.

>pop out of trygon tunnels and shit.
Bane of my existence. Im pretty much Guaranteed to lose A unit where they pop out.

>only 2 non-white humans painted by GW
Bloodreavers, blood warriors, and Kairic acolytes have been painted dark skinned by GW, what?
That was just a minute worth of searching too.

That's what Cultists are for, to screen your stuff from the initial charge. What sort of list/Legion are you running?

lel I and plenty of people don't play humans. Literally the topic centers around IG models, have fun guardboys

Learn to bubblewrap foo. Bring cultists or brimstones or something. Space them exactly 2" apart in a wide net to stop deep strikers.

Not that user. I'm the original user asking about this.

I play word bearers. I aim to screen with a large cultist unit, then assault with possessed and summoned Daemonettes.

I spy with my little fucking eye that the dude needs to shut up and just paint his dudes whatever skin color he wants.

That's what I mean. The wrap is as good as dead when they pop. No matter what I sacrifice a unit

Can't wait for some dumb SJW faggot to bitch that my genestealers don't have transgendered PoC representation lol

a cuck is trying too hard to make himself interesting with the sjw, arguing over a non-issue and being made fun by autists on a shitty board.
More news at 11.

>One skin color
>Tallarans
Wew

Why SJW are so retarded?

To add on, GW paints them fair-skinned because you can see details better than you can on darker skin.

So, since plastic sisters from gone from the "ANY DAY NOW" bin to the "NEVER EVER" dumpster, I guess I'll be seriously looking at deals on old metal sisters. Was looking at plastic proxies, but the one ones I like aren't really that big a savings. It's almost nice just how simple the old metals are... almost. So what if every multimelta I get will be the exact same fucking mini, right?

Anyway, this is the color scheme I'm going for. Need to do the details and a light wash, but any other tips?

update: bases are basically done, next is the washes on the rivets, then drybrushing everything and painting the sergeant.

When is the Death Guard, Mortarion and Mechanicus supposed to drop?

YOU FOOLS, BY RESPONDING TO HIM, YOU HAVE BEEN REPRESSING HIM

ANY THOUGHTS OR ARGUMENTS EXPRESSED TO THE CONTRARY OF HIS ARTICLE IS EQUIVALENT TO ABUSE OR RACISM.

Who are you and why do we care? /WIP/ is that way.

That's fine, that's the reason bubble wrap exists - to die, so more expensive things live.

Death Guard in a week or two, Mechanicus a week or two after that. Almost guaranteed no new beep boop models, it's gonna be book only.

>Entire setting is designed with "Your dudes" in mind
>B-BUT GWS DUDES AREN'T MY DUDES EVERYONE MUST BE MY DUDES

Can't wrap everything though. More often than not that Trygon is right where I don't want it.

Unless you count Cawl getting a standalone release so you can buy him without the useless whores in the triumvirate box.

OH LOOK! ANOTHER. Too bad the fucktard locked comments on his shitpost.

So the Death Guard are not fighting in the last planet of Fate of Konor?

That's where deploying and positioning smartly come into play. It's the most important skill in the game, and one of the only ones that really lets one person get a tactical edge over another outside of being better at math and luckier with dice.

rest in stasis Old Man Cadia

No that was a typo. The Darth Gourd are there.

Lorewise they are.

Model/crunchwise, no, they'll be out after the campaign ends. I'm expecting preview articles to start monday and the book to go on pre-order on saturday the 9th.

Reminder that Cadia/Graian Ad Mech broke before the Guard did.

Red is weird. This is my test red model for the order who's name I can't remember. Valorous Heart? Anyway, yes. All your MM will be the same. Your red is really bright and flat. A wash would do some good.

What do you tend to think of in regards to the different flavors of Chaos players?

My suit tau have no visible skin and are piloted by blue men with orifice faces
checkmate liberals

Most blog site shit is poorly researched, or purposefully omits stuff that shits on their "argument".

I think the problem he refuses to address is, outside of named characters, no mini should represent a specific race. You can argue they make hair too straight to be black people, but a lot of guardsmen are bald or helmeted, they could easily ALL be painted black and it won't raise an eyebrow for 95% of minis. Hell, I fully intend to have a black sister of battle or two, as wigs or hair straighteners can explain anything (and it's skin variation is one of the few things to add much difference to 20 year old metal minis).

What he probably really wants, but probably doesn't know enough about the setting to express, is a named chapter/regiment that is SPECIFICALLY not white. If I say all my Space Marines are black or latino, cool, but he probably wants something like "Space Luchadors", who carry the tradition of the lucha into the 41st millenium. Or something like that.

It's some obnoxious IGfag representative of the recent brand of cancerous IG playing faglords that responds with "post your army then at least I'm promoting the game" when people tell him to fuck off.

Excorsists, come to Excorsize the shit out of you!

HQ
>captain: jump pack, storm shield, relic blade/thunder hammer (129)
>lieutenant: power sword (64)

Elites
>venerable Dreadnought: twin autocannon (165)
>vanguard veterans: 3 twin lighting claws, 4 storm shield/lightning claw

troops
>scout squad: camo cloaks (70)
>scout squad: camo cloaks (70)
>scout squad: camo cloaks, sniper rifles (90)

Heavy Support
>devestator squad: lascannons or missiles (165)
>whirlwind scorpius (215)

Transports
>Razorback: twin assault Cannon (100)

That leaves me about 750 points to fill in the punch of my list, but as is the Scouts totally fuck alpha strike while the vanguard can punch a good deal to death. Lieutenant with HS stuff will put a good smack on heavy stuff too, that scorpius minces terminators and aggressors.

I'm thinking some assault terminators, maybe some more vanguard or sternguard vets, and something else that can punch a hole in heavy armor.

What do you guys think?

Skaven players are proof that hitler was on to a good idea with the whole "Death camps" thing

Ehm how exactly are you allowed to take basilisks in a battleforged armylist as CSM ?

>Into the "NEVER EVER" dumpster
Proof?

I'll probably do a selective wash, just in the recesses. A lot of the appeal of red is how smooth it looks after a few coats. Though I guess I could just do a red highlight after a wash as well.

>No Silas Alberac

ARE YOU EVEN EXORCISING, user?

SJW want a space marine chapter full of transsexual black women.
Even then it won't be enough because they move the goal post more than our regular assblasted anons.

>Finally the weekend, can get some painting done
>So of course it's 110 degrees F
>My shack has no AC

It's fun having the paint dry on your brush. Fucking christ.

See I'm the weird sort of snowflake that wants to be the cool dudes but wants to be the unnamed ones, I don't like taking named guys unless it's necessary.

Well, yeah, obviously this particular guy will never shut up. Or he will when he finds another thing that is sure to get him clicks.

The modela are going to hit 3 decades. They got release in second edition for fuck sake

Celestine hardly counts since she is basically the distraction carnifex of the Imperium

...no, I'm a general player who just got a fuckton of models from two different armies that started painting the baneblade and mentioned as such in an effort to encourage people to work on their models too.

Keep shitposting though, you sure showed me.

I love how no one wants to talk about how these humans aren't even from earth and likely every single human race gene that exists today likely isn't around 38 THOUSAND YEARS INTO THE FUTURE

SJW are, like, playing an extra-dimensional timetravelling version football that would even make Tzeentch's head spin when it comes to goalposts.

Newest metal sister is from 2004

>but he probably wants something like "Space Luchadors", who carry the tradition of the lucha into the 41st millenium.

No, *I* want that, and they're gonna be Dark Angels Successors, by The Lion.

youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk

Pete Foley at Nova said that a Sisters update is on the same wishlist as an entirely new faction.

That means they're not being worked on right now which means the earliest they could possibly come out would be in 2019

Technically speaking 40k humans are not humans.
They are "Humans made for colonization" hence why Abhumans and other crap exist. Super adaptable humans to colonize random planets.

Outside of a wall of text in the 3rd edition rulebook there isn't much detail about it. But it is implied that humans of 40k are Stone men and the good old regular humans are Golden men now extinct

SJW don't care about legitimate reasons like that, they'll tell you the writers are morally obligated to retcon that and rewrite parts of the setting just to artificially incorporate "representation" because muh feelings.

My Bad, just realised only Chaos space marine detachments get the legion trait.
Fixed now - 2000pt Battleforged army.
Fearless cultists and Warp smith hang around bubble wrapping the basilisks, defilers run up the field being babysat by the 3 princes.

Any comments/criticism appreciated.

Spearhead detachment - Chaos Space Marines - Iron warriors

>HQ
Warp Smith
Warlord - Cold and Bitter, Flesh metal exoskeleton, Combi Melta

Daemon prince
Nurgle, Flesh metal exoskeleton, Sword, warp bolter

>Troops
Cultists
27x Cultists

Cultists
27x Cultists

>Heavy Support
Defiler
Nurgle, Twin Heavy Bolter, Defiler Scourge

Defiler

Defiler

Spearhead detachment - Chaos

>HQ
Daemon prince
Nurgle, Sword, warp bolter

Daemon prince
Nurgle, Sword, warp bolter

>Heavy Support
Basilisks
2x Basilisk w/ Heavy Bolter

Basilisks

Basilisks

Well plastic sisters are the only thing that could possibly get me back into this game

I guess GW just really doesn't want my autism bucks

cuz they'll get way more dweeb dollars with mega marines

NLs: edgy faggots who will deny it vehemently and make weak ass excuses that they just like the lightning or some other shit. Only exceptions are those who use brighter blues or paint good light blue lightning rather than white lightning. Those guys are the honest aesthetes.

IWs: 3.5E WAACfag expires, 30kfags trying to use their common ass pleb-tier 30k shit in 40k just because it looks good, and then there's the very rare, true IW 40k player.

ALs: obnoxious memeing faggots who squawk for help all day because they still haven't managed to memorize a paint tutorial that only has three colors: silver, clear blue, and clear green in over 3 years.

WEs: guys who just want to play melee and get accused of being DE tier edgelords, Khorne and blood meme spamming morons, metal heads

BL: new CSM players

DG: Hur dur jolly Papa Nurglefags, guys who wanted the coolest sculpts, guys who wanted marching unkillable walls. Unfortunately none of these plebs realized DG's best option was Zombies in 6E/7E despite Typhus's "tax", and that Typhus and rhino horn Terminator aesthetics are the toppest tier amongst CSM.

1KS: casterfag nerds who bawl about yiffs, claim Fagnus did nothing wrong, then whine about how bad their rules are so never actually played Rubrics until Magnus came out and now just cheese him hard. Sort of like how all the other faggot nid, ork, and IG fags cried and cried for years and all of a sudden are now boasting about how their hordes are unbeatable

I like that EC are such cancer they didn't even make the list because everyone already knows everything there is to say about them, and it's a lot

>
>NLs
>Only exceptions are those who use brighter blues or paint good light blue lightning rather than white lightning. Those guys are the honest aesthetes.
D-do I count?

>sergeants and HQs all wear lucha masks without helmets
>rules like Hammer of Wrath, Concussive, Smackdown, and Tank Shock with infantry to represent wrestling moves and tackles
>they all have fly/jump move/deep strike if they start movement near a terrain piece high enough to climb and do a flying press off of
>AoS style stratagems that give you small bonuses for yelling out lucha phrases
>share celebratory nachos (or nachos of shame) with opponent and rest of store after the match

Make 40k great again.

I'm set on doing a small Dark Eldar army for an escalation campaign/painting challenge we're having. I've only ever played Nids and Guard and never even played a game against Druk's so I have no idea where to start and focus.

Ideally I would like a more "Eldar pirate" theme without all the grotesques and that side.

Any advice at all above the 1d4chan opinions would be fucking great because I'm very lost.

>literally responds just to be obnoxious and pretend he's "encouraging" people

Literally just called you out on that and you go and do it again. Sure "showed" me.

Pretty much this, with a few exceptions. I dunno if it's just my area but there's like 3 NL players in my rather small meta and they're all total bros, like literally dudebrahs. Think the reecius frontline guy but even more so. I'm friends with them, and they're chill as fuck

I've only ever met a few 1ks players before (and this was pre inferno new stuff so idk), but they were all pretty fun. Joked about the stereotypical memes when appropriate, but not in an annoying fashion.

Which is odd, aside from a single Khorne player all the other chaos guys I've met are total asshats. Especially nurgle and word bearers, by sheer coincidence they've all been total dicks or memelords

>then whine about how bad their rules are so never actually played Rubrics until Magnus came out and now just cheese him hard

I still get murderous urges every time I read or think about bandwagon bitches who claim to 'play Thousand Sons' only because of Magnus, people who only now play them because their rules got some attention ... basically anybody that didn't stick with pure 1k sons from past 3.5 until pre WoM should not be allowed anywhere near playing Thousand Sons

>continues shitposting to feign superiority
my god, roasted by my own petard.

God forbid a player posts the 40k related thing he's doing, right?

aspiring DE player here with a hard on for Space Piracy

Venoms filled with Warriors is decent anti infantry, and hilariously cheap for the mobile scoring unit they are

Ravagers with triple lances are your friend

And most importantly, you need a pimped out flagship for your HQ to ride. I recommend a Raider full of Blaster/Dark Lance Trueborn to show off how big captain drukhari's dick is

>still too stupid to realize he's posting WIP general shit in the wrong thread
>still smugly projecting his own bullshit on others

Who's the one doing all the moral superiority babble you're spouting again?

Black legion: Saw the Posterchild and knew it was easy to paint. some are OG, some are newbs. this is the Ultramarines of Chaos so nothing much to say

Nightlords: Aka Edgelords. Love Curze too much, divided into two camps: those who love camp bat-wing helmets, or modern skull-face helmets. Batman fans but act more like Leto's Joker

Iron Warriors: Bitter, nostalgiafags, still cling to 3.5, enjoy simplistic but effective paint jobs, truly hate Imp Fists and may defend dinobots and heldrakes to the death if they enjoy the 'modern' chaos look

Word Bearers: OGrognards with big model collections. they like to use all their old as fuck sculpts, probably own some Diaznettes, claim to know all the fluff, proud of their neckbeards

Alpha Legion: These dudes own a Guy Fawkes mask at home. 99% of the time they come off as cringy fuckers spouting'I am Alpharius lel XDDD' memes. semi-shit painters. The Anonymous legionfag's choice. basically /b/: the army.

Crimson Slaughter: Newfags who own a DV starter box or two. Possibly got tricked into buying all the CS shit gw released and were too stubborn to change direction, pretty cool guys

Red Corsairs: Wanted to play marauders/vikings/pirates in space but Space wolves are furfag bait so they said fuck that. Probably cool guys who field Huron no matter what

fuck off and critique lists/offer army building tips.

You, obviously, trying to derail a thread and smacktalk posters for no goddamn reason. Either contribute on-topic, or get out.

>feign
We don't have to do shit cause you're leaking your inferiority everywhere on your own

>no goddamn reason

The reasons are not only pretty obvious, they were literally spelled out for you repeatedly. Nice non contributing off topic post though, gotta love ignorant low intellect hypocrites.

>tfw you get a Old School Wraithlord
Fuck yes, I love those lanky mother fuckers. There needs to be more of these dudes, they're the fucking best.

Where the fuck is your Silas?