Cringe Thread

This guy wants to join your game and gives you this backstory - what do you say to him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WIw5L4n7MUc
youtube.com/watch?v=XCurHCPYm44
pastebin.com/9M8mwuJP
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based Boomy. I'd be alright with him. The three chicks are out though.

The only good thing from the backstory

??? Sorry, I don't get it.

Bumping with some info on the game.

Using UniSystem for a !notTrigun scifi wildwest game. It has a lot of parallels with the actual Wild West and events that happened in it. The "Natives" he's talking about are tall, feathered insectoids that communicate in chirps, whistles, and clicks like irl bugs.

Humans came along about 100 years ago from ARK ships carrying populations from Earth that fled due to global disaster. AI was going to take them a supposedly habital planet (nitrogen/oxygen atmos, h2O, detected from long range probes) in a binary star system. The ARKs had been travelling close to light speed for a couple hundred years and due ti wear and tear, lack of testing, subparmartiels, and even some AI's failing - a lot of ships broke up in atmos or crash landed. This decimated the remaining human pop and the genetic material brought with them. One ship's reactors went nuclear during its decent and rained fallout over a large area, destroying the population of a large bronze age empire. That's the gist of it I guess

*shows up to play*

Nope

>??? Sorry, I don't get it.
All dat sharpe edge.

Fuck no.

Actually, Timothy will actually probably be disappointed with how most people play DnD. I wonder if he became disenchanted and left the hobby, or adapted and became a decent player, or bloody-mindedly stuck with edgelords and became a 1000% turbo-injected That Guy.

I see that this is very magical reemy. Im not sure you will be a fit for my games. Maybe try the game finder thread on Veeky Forums

Apart from that, im not following peoples motives in this "story at all"
>Boomy lets her kill the rest of his team.
Why, if he is such a 'cunt' he would of not just put her in the ground.
>Suicide vest part.
I have NO idea what is going on here.

Ah the suicide vest.
It was so no other NPC/PC's try killing him or so he can threaten them for whatever he wants.

fucking get mate.

>NPC/PC's try killing him or so he can threaten them for whatever he wants.
oh. Fuck this guy. No way would I want to game with him.
That would put him on the grey part of the blacklist me and a few other online gms share.

>black
is for nasty, dickheads, cheaters. people who ruin games for no reason
>grey
is for meme heavy, special snowflakes, not our type of gamer

Yeah I'd agree with that. Finished our first session (posted this during a break) and boy was it shit.

>characters all have reason for being in a town we discussed earlier
>him "I donno I fell asleep in some wagon and ended up here"
>goes to saloon where other player already are
>decides to "nap" in the horse trough
>has a lonely laugh about it then goes inside
>"my character starts playing with c4"
>one pc is very much considering killing him
>doesnt :(
>he flips the table because why not
>much later he needs to find a place to sleep
>blows hole in ground and sleeps in it
>over the course of the game he also:
>argues with a man on why he can't fill up bottles with rag in them with gas at a gas station
>smoke bombs /everything/
>people don't like this shit
>mustard gasses the sheriffs office
>pc's sorta let it slide because lawmen here were baddies
>mustard gasses innocents
>blows up buildings
>rigs building to blow up with PC's inside
>fires grenades into middle of combat with other PC's around
>burns down a residential district in another town because the circus was in and they had a "talking" Native
>jokingly tries to get people to flip the switch on his suicide vest because his char doesn't know it's fake

Step one would be to look through the other players that have applied to join my game. If I find 4 that don't have any obvious problems, both of these players get rejected because I've got a full group.

If I don't have enough players for whatever reason, I'll try to salvage them. Maybe I can, maybe they will entertain me with a meltdown.

My instruction to him would be to rewrite the backstory to follow my two standard rules regarding backstories:
- The backstory can only include what the PC knows. For example if there is an event x that the PC did not witness directly, it can't be included in the backstory. But other characters telling the PC that x happened can be.
- Anything not included in the backstory is something I'll decide upon.

Why would the party be willing to have your character travel with them ?

I will also warn you that, should the majority of the group have a good in-character reason to leave your PC behind then they will be allowed to do so. Should that happen, your PC will become an NPC and you will have to roll a new character if you want to continue in this game.

Does your party have any in-character reasons to keep him travelling with them ?

One guy, we'll use S for him
S is close gym buddies with the dude who made that character. S hasn't heard the backstory because he wants to find it all out in-game but he knows it's pretty cringy from the small things he allowed me to tell him. S decided to help control that character by making his PC her brother. He feels bad about just killing the PC outright or abandoning it without at least trying to fix it, and he knows this dude would make a revenge character if that happened.

Other than that we have a cyborg cowboy and a crazy prospector with absolutely no ties to that character

Checked
>turbo-injected
For some reason I'm now imagining this guy making engine sounds while he plays
>"vroom vroom"
>"No Tim, you've already spent your summoning action for this turn"
>"NYOOOOM"

I was fine with it up until he mentioned being evil was his "soul and motivation."

Honestly, I'd even be fine with Evil if CE wasn't his immediate choice, since most other Evil characters are at least capable of working together.

>literal turbo edglelord

Got a good chuckel out of me, and probably a character I'd accept as long as they didn't get too serious about it.

and he moves to the blackpart.
>starts playing with C4
Why didnt stuff get sorted here. "Hey dude. This seems a little too silly. If you want to play your welcome but dont fuck around"
>fires grenades into middle of combat with other PC's around
He gets kicked out now. That would be my tipping point. The other stuff can be just poor jurgement. But when your fucking with other peoples fun you are no longer in my game.

playing with c4 is the least stupid thing there

>Mexican
>furry
>paints his space muhreens with my pretty pony colours

watch this guys
youtube.com/watch?v=WIw5L4n7MUc
youtube.com/watch?v=XCurHCPYm44

>>rigs building to blow up with PC's inside
>>fires grenades into middle of combat with other PC's around

I'm not sure I've ever played a character who wouldn't respond to either of those by at least shouting at his character.

>jokingly tries to get people to flip the switch on his suicide vest because his char doesn't know it's fake

It might be time for your PC to get drunk, then flick the suicide switch. One of two things will happen:
- He will now know in-character that the switch doesn't work.
- The GM will make the vest go off. At which point you just sit back and watch the shitstorm between him and the GM.

I guess I would set it up so that this character falls down a lot, like slipping on banana peels and shit

I was guessing op posted it in order of how it happens.

Roll20 applications are the worst

3.5 anime game.... gross.

>Any questions?
Amazing.

You know they say all writing is in some way autobiographical, do you think Corbin had a hard life?

>believes religion is a cancer
Approved!

If the vest doesn't go off then, if you have the right skills, you have the option of fixing it.

I suggest this because I expect that a vest that the player knows is fully functional will cause his PC to behave differently despite his in-character knowledge being unchanged.

Now you get to see how the GM handles blatant metagaming.

I think Corbin is probably just a teenager

I think someone who let corbin into there game before he is on CNN as a mass shooter

you can't make a cringe thread without posting what you told them about the campaign setting

did you tell your players that you didn't want some GoT in Space-tier edginess going on?

and when you say Wild West . what Wild West? Historic? Hollywood? Spaghetti Western?

obviously. deny that.

just deny the request, you little faggot. nobody wants to game with morons who can't simply deny unreasonable requests and instead of to write up some lists.

>"I donno I fell asleep in some wagon and ended up here"
Sorry, dude, you gotta be a little more creative than that.

>one pc is very much considering killing him
>doesnt :(
>he flips the table because why not
"Timeout. This is a serious game and you're just jerking around. If you don't know what to do, you can suggestions to get you started. If you just want to dick around, you'll get the boot."

The list is for the group of gms. We dont want to waste our times with people who dont fit or play style just come in to troll.
Like I said. I would of put his name on the grey list and not taken him other grey list stuff is just being too silly.

If the other GM's got an app from him they would of been on notice about his crazy backstory but are free to take him.

>preferred class: Crusader

oh boy, is it that time again

>aloness

>Faverd
>aloness
>his parents where killed

>mucle

>tho the killers knew not he was in the closet

Glad I have this saved still

fucking quints

my fucking sides

Would you prefer to have this guy's backstory or "I'm a human druid?"

The worst one I've ever seen pastebin.com/9M8mwuJP

I'd have put it in an image but the guy on roll20 deleted it.

Not as cringy as what I do.

I can't believe nobody posted Darth Jesus of Mandalore yet.

can i get a tl:dr?

The real cringe is players who can't handle violence in games.

I really wish you could user, but it's basically a stream of teenage angst and some time travelling eugenics skeleton.

imagine being this much of a fucking beta

What the fuck happened.

desu this would make a decent npc

Can you explain to me how this character is able to afford being a walking bomb armory?

On one hand I too don't like over the top gore. Alot of the time it feels magical reemie. I left a game once because of it all the while the gm was sitting there with a grin so wide he looked like a southpark Canadian

On the other this fucker sat there and didnt even notice his lady was upset. Then blamed the GM 2 days later

So every GoT character out there. THE text that IS LIKE THIS makes it look WORSE THEN IT REALLY is!!!

"She makes it all herself" Bumda psss

Kidnapping and spiked demon cat demon penis. Not her fetish. The most fucked up thing was he purposely made the demon look exactly like her dead dad. Like I knew he was going through shit after his wife walked out on him. But I always thought the bruises were mutual. She fights He fights. Guess I was just in denial. I just. I knew this guy since highschool. It really fucked things up. Anyways, I started gaming with the 'gay' couple after that, and it was surprisingly ok. System was weird but story was coolish.

They like the cowboys in space, Firefly. I was hesitant but We just finished a story about our boss bombing out the atmosphere of a rival farming planet. Long story short, we sided with the rebels and took out our boss in revenge. We lost like half the party, but we're remembered as redeemed heroes after the fuck up maffia cronies we started the game as. GF even took the final bullet saying it was ok. Like this was her ending the game on her own terms ... We had so much makeup sex after that fight. Not going to lie acting like a fucking jackass and then turning the Gat guns against my IC Boss left pretty good.

So yeah fuck ups but live and move on.

This should be put writing text books and be used as a case study.

So when my brain nopes out of reading stuff like this after the first sentence, is it considered passing my SAN check?

Yeah I want to know what happened.

user, I'm just more confused now

>Not reading between the lines
Demon rape

Right right, I suppose I was drawn in by all the "backround" details

Basically we were playing a post-apocalyptic GURPS game and his gf's character had snuck into the enemy warlord's base with the goal of assassinating him. The party had killed a small group of his men on a patrol and taken their swag which included gas masks. So she figured she could disguise herself as one of the skinnier men they'd killed. She had the best bluff/stealth skills including actual acting skill. Problem was she had no idea how this guy acted, so the acting was pretty improvised, and once she got inside claiming the rest of the patrol had been wiped out by monsters she was quickly found out. The resulting firefight ended with her shot in the leg. The warlord pinned her down and raped her in front of his men, then stuck his thumb in her bullet wound as he brought her to orgasm. She had to make an HT check to avoid passing out, which she failed. So when she woke up she was in a cell. Here she saw two of their friends, a married couple they had helped before. Upon realizing she knew them, the warlord made his gf's character beat one of them to death with a hammer, otherwise both of them would be killed. He said if she were to kill one of them the other would be spared, so the selfless thing to do would be to kill one so that at least one of them would survive. She was also forced to choose so she chose to save the man because she picked randomly but the warlord smiled and told her she had to kill the other one. So she was forced to beat her old friend to death with a hammer, which I described, and then she had to make a Will check to avoid being overcome by grief. She passed. The warlord then brought her up to the roof and threw her off onto the rebar spikes directly below. She fell so that they went through her legs and stomach, but missed her lungs or anything really vital, so she was alive for quite a while, and crows started pecking her eyes out and she couldn't fight them off because her arms were broken.

I can't read this. It's fascinating, my vision just slips right off of the text box every time I look at it, like it's some sort of memetic Teflon. This could be a groundbreaking key to the next step of military camouflage.

>wiped out; bar her
Who the fuck writes like this?

>treated them with interest. Horrific interest
What the fuck does that mean?

>if they're edible (alive)
What the fuck does THAT mean?

>how they cook, how they work
So "horrific interest" implies a desire to know if something is edible, assuming that all things alive are edible which is not what edible means, and also how they cook their own food, and what sort of jobs they have?

>etc etc
You can't have multiple ect., it already means more things.

>extra unique
That's literally impossible.

>she was "suggested" to leave the military
Has this person ever heard another human being speak English in their life?

I'm done, I can't take any more.

Honestly, as soon as a GM says he's going to have your character raped, if you don't just leave, it's like, I don't know what to expect. It's like if someone is wielding a knife and saying they'll stab anyone who comes up to them, and you walk up and get stabbed. Yeah, they're the one who stabbed you, but you are kind of at fault as well for not just walking the fuck away.

>an imaginary character getting raped, and a real person getting stabbed, are comparable
Okay.

Inability to understand metaphors is a sign of autism, user.

I took a cap from the post that came from if you wanted it.

It was a shit metaphor.

> tfw Christian Fundamentalist named Corbin

I made that post. But thanks for the cap.

Ok yeah, I'm with them now. Shit dude.

madman killed the sandsnakes

hes fine by my book

that game sounds kinda hilarious, if only because its the perfect place to use up all your "that guy'ness" and be perfectly justified

I enjoyed your posts across the various threads, as I do similar things with my group. Unlike yours, however, my group does not have adverse reactions to it, as they expect it. I do have to ask, why is the group so sensitive? Did they not know what to expect?

Jesus Christ user. I'm all for having dark games, but you can really only go so far before it starts becoming distasteful. I don't think there are that many people outside Veeky Forums that can handle that much edge my dude.

So bad gming . See what I meen about gore being fetish fuel. Take this stuff to f-list

Well, you're just sick.

The character is fine for an evil campaing.
However, it would be hard to find a reason for him to join a good group of adventures.

I'm more curious about how D&D 3.5 mixes with Persona and the Crusader class.
I don't think the idea of an atheist crusader is completely absurd and unable to be implemented. That is, there is militant atheist, so in some context there could be the more extreme atheist crusaders?
But how this all ties with Persona it's hard for me to see.

Seems like your typical real life warlord-behavior if you ask me.

>can't handle violence

Look: It's not so hard to make sure everyone's on the same page when you're playing. You know how some people don't like if you're using rp as a vehicle to graphically describe gay sex every 5 minutes, or jiffing with every animal that crosses your partys path?

Funfact: There is literally no difference to doing that, and graphically describing how you hack apart people and decorate yourself with their entrails or whatever. The only measure of if it's okay or not, is if the people at the table are okay with it. You don't even need to use fancy tumblr-words like TRIGGER WARNING or shit like that, this is pretty basic stuff that's been around since humans interact. Bonus tip for insensitive people: If you act out the rape of a PC half an hour after they told you sexual violence in game is a no-no for them, you're probably gonna get punched (this isn't a made-up thing by the way, I went to cons for a long time and I've seen quite a few people who apparently can't into basic rules of human interaction).

At lest go all the way with the pic

I'm not sure how plausible it is for the character to orgasm in such circunstances.

Here's some cringe for you all.

>Old friend wants to try GM'ing
>He attempts to start a group...
>Cool!
>..with all his friends from high school who now hate/have nothing in common/want nothing to do with each other.
>Oh no.
>He's adamant.
>Everyone is..nice, but it's clear they love the game but hate each other.
>Lots of IC and OOC sulking and dramas start to lead to meet up sessions being discussions on how to solve said IC and OOC dramas.
>Still he persists
>Still the players come forth, trying to have 'their' version of fun and deny it to the others.
>GM's GF eventually quits the game, though it was clear she was only playing because GM wanted her to.
>Gets so bad with his attempts to make it all work that she leaves him.
>Eventually people stop giving a shit and stop turning up.
>Now he's alone with lots of things he spent a fortune and so much time on, sans his girlfriend and his friends.

Last I heard of him he turned into a government drone with no sense of fun.

>he was in the closet
Yes

A little context goes a long way, because now it seems completely justified to quit that shit.

Can people sharing a common hobby really have it that hard getting along with eachother?

Yes. Very much so. We had the grimdarkfag. We had the capeshitfag. We had the realismfag. We had the ruleslawyer. We had the autist. We had the god-bother who would sulk whenever something didn't go his way. We had thatgirl who would do all of the above. We had the GF who got the lion's share of attention but gave the least amount of shits.

It was like a perfect storm of people who should on paper get along, but in reality, we were all insufferable cunts to each other.

It actually sounds pretty funny as long as I don't have to endure it myself~

Reminds me of watching a guy play Vampire with his wife and his mistress at once, trying to keep the secret meanwhile. You know what they say about hubris.

Virt, is that you?