Best system for edgy anime OVAs adaptation?

I'm looking for a system that will help me emulate the feel of those edgy anime OVAs (Jin-Roh, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll, Wicked City) you could find in the 80-90s before moe-shit ruins the whole industry.

I've been looking forward the so called "OVA" RPG, but I haven't red it? What's it worth? Also I'd like to get any recommendation from Veeky Forums.

Shinobigami is made to emulate dark supernatural stuff like Ninja Scroll and Wicked City. It's billed as a "ninja" game but it's not hard to re-fluff it to do most battle shounen-style fantasy action stuff.

As for Jin-Roh or Vampire Hunter D, I feel like you could probably find something for either that is a better fit for their settings, if that's what you're really after, though it really depends what aspects of them you're really looking to get at.

>Jin-Roh
>Edgy

bump

It opens with a suicide and ends with the main character killing the woman he either loves or at least is deeply emotionally bound up with.

It is kind of edgy.

>Jin-Roh

GURPS lite with the organization and social combat rules

It's not played for the edge, tho. Not even remotely.

OVA is light, simple, easily adaptable to most anime. Decent enough if you don't have a specific system in mind, unfamiliar with or don't want to bother with GURPS. Worth it if you are animufag, new player or can get it at a discount. Not really edgy, and you can get better systems for vampires (adapt the WoD, really) and ninjas (seconded Shinobigami and Tenra Bansho Zero). For Jin-Roh, heavily adapt Paranoia or Shadowrun or run with GURPS, or adapt GUMSHOE if there's little fighting.

the drama is super fucking lame and it's not nearly as spectacular as you could expect

it's the quiet brooding mysterious "look how smart and aloof I am but deeply tormented inside" kind of edgy. Not the badass and showoffy kind of edgy

Edgy tends to describe things that revel in violence. The main character of Jin Roh is pretty heavily traumatized by everything that happens to him and the film never plays up the violence as something cool.

edgy actually describe things where moral ambiguity is a major selling point.

usually that's conveyed through glorified violence but not necessarily

Demon City Shinjuku RPG is the best for that. It uses TriStat system and has all rules to create demons with tentacular dicks and whatnot. Since the system is fairly generic, demonic attributes could very well be converted into cyberware.

Rebi Ra did nothing wrong

None of those anime are edgy. Kite, Shigurui or Urotsukifoji would be edgy.

>moe-shit ruins the whole industry
Son, anime was ruined by mecha before moeshit.

Isn't that Black Tokyo lite with simpler mechanics?

I don't think it's even possible to run an edgy campaign. Most Players are fucktards who care only about being funny

Any VtM player is either an edgelord, murderhobo or powerplayer. With occasional boil of a tespie or fishmalk thrown in.

So does any story with any nuance or blurred morality is just edgy? There can be only black and white morals and no compromise or its childish? Why?

Not at all. Black Tokyo is an edgy and shitty D20 game.

Demon City Shinjuku is a game using TriStat system and published by the same guys who made the official Sailor Moon, Dominion Tank Police and Tenchi RPGs.

>Jin Roh
>edgy

Found the idiot

He thinks moeshit ruined the industry, when at worst it's just a symptom of an overly corporate driven system. Of course OP is a faggot.

FATAL