Sisters of Battle Order Creation

Finally decided to get into 40k my dudes, and after a quick roll in the general, my first army will be Sisters of Battle.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sisters_of_Battle_Order_Creation_Tables

Here's the table. I'll do the first roll.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rolled 5 (1d10)

So, to start off, what was our order derived from?

Order of the Ebon Chalice. Neat.

Would a kind user like to help me out by rolling a dice?

d10 for why we were founded.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Order of the Ebon Chalice from the looks of it

Rollin for why it was founded

Roll+1d10

Counter. Naturally, why else?

>Counter - "There are Orks over here! Found an Order!" "But it'll take 50 ye-" "Do it!"

So we were founded to counter some type of force? Interesting.

Roll a d10 for our flaw.

Rolled 8 (1d10)

Rolling to get the thread going.

Rolled 2 (1d10)

>An Eye for an Eye - The Order refuses to use the tactics of cowards and will sacrifice every soldier before retreating.

Seems these Sisters are stubborn, or maybe courageous?

roll another d10 for the Order's Demea-

Oh, we'll just use your roll for this one.
>Cleanse and Purify - Burn it all, Let the Emperor decide the just!

Yeah sounds about right.

roll a d100 for our figure of legend.

Rolled 85 (1d100)

Rolling on a river.

>Sister Superior
Looks like our Saint was a Sister Superior who did something amazing. What did she do though?

roll a d100 to find out.

Roll fucked up

Rolled 78 (1d100)

did someone update the table after the last thread? there were some good ideas floating around.

>The figure led an action against an Eldar craftworld, boarding it and inflicting grievous casualties before withdrawing. This has earned the order the fear and hatred of that craftworld

Holy shit that sister is a badass. Roll two d100's for our homeworld classification and terrain.

>did someone update the table after the last thread? there were some good ideas floating around.

No idea, I think so though? Looks pretty expanded.

Rolled 88, 77 = 165 (2d100)

>Feral World + Wasteland
Mad Max anyone?

How much influence do we hold over our local area?

Roll a d10 to find out.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

link to the relic table from the previous thread

dice+1d10

Rolled 7 (1d10)

>Noticeable influence - You dabble in the games of power somewhat, just enough to keep the interests of your order protected.
Not too big, not too small.

We'll use your one for the order organisation.
>Slight Variation
So we are a bit different. Interesting...

Roll two d10 for our combat doctrine and special equipment.

Thanks man, we'll roll for that stuff near the end.

Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d10)

>Orbital Insertion
We are drop troopers. That's pretty neat.

>Beastial Companion: More common among those Order’s whose origins come from Feral Worlds, this Order prides itself on raising hunting animals to assist in battle. Examples: Fenrisian Wolf, Hunting Birds.
Fuck yeah dudes. While someone rolls two d10, what are some suggestions for some animal companions?

Sand sharks

Hunting birds in the example does sound pretty great.

Rolled 6, 6 = 12 (2d10)

Sandworms?

Rolled 2, 8 = 10 (2d10)

Order Beliefs time!
>Death Cult - "We earn our place at the Emperor's table through death!"
Looks like we are super into that whole "dying before retreating, death before cowardice" thing.

Our Order size is?
>Nominal :Not too many, not too little
Neat.

Roll two d100 for allies and enemies.

Sandsharks sound pretty fucking cool. I like the idea of a horde of Seraphim dropping down from the sky while ground soldiers use small, car-size Sandsharks to move around. Then again, birds would be easier to transport than sandsharks or sandworms.

Rolled 7, 2 = 9 (2d10)

Dire foxes?

Rolled 81, 67 = 148 (2d100)

If I remember correctly there's a warhammer creature table, Mabye we could use that to figure out what we ride?

Allies!
>Inqusition
Seems fitting. Ordos could always use the help of the Adepta Sororitas

Enemies!
>Chaos Space Marines (you should choose a particular warband, Chapter, or Traitor Legion)
Huh, that seems kinda out of place but lets roll with it. Maybe they screwed us over or something?

Now, lets roll Six d6 for the Order Relic!

That sounds like a good idea man. Lets give that a whirl as well if you've got the table.

Well back in the old days part of the SoB job was to hunt marines.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Creature_Feature_Creation_Table_for_/tg

Also, outfit suggestion? This might sound dumb so I'm asking in advance if it's good or not

That's a good point. Maybe that's why we were founded; to counter an upcoming chaos invasion or such.

Maybe just the basic Sister attire with some kind of rustic look to it? Maybe bits of tribal folklore from the native wastelanders so stuff like feathers and scrap tucked into random places? Don't know about colours yet though.

Rolled 2, 6, 3, 2, 4, 4 = 21 (6d6)

Black armour decorated with bright coloured bones.

Like those halloween skeleton costumes

I was actually thinking of sister attire with some desert guard that resembles a burka but that sounds cool to, maybe we could do some sorta combination of the two?

So, our relic is...

>Weapon
>Made in the Times of Ending
>Decently Preserved
>Located in a humble reliquary
>Has a huge significance to the local segmentum
>Belonged to an Imperial Saint

Holy shit. Is this the weapon of the Sister Superior who raided that Eldar Craftworld?

Now, it's time to decide on a beast! I'll speed roll since I'm feeling tired and wanna rush off to bed.

These two sound more awesome than my suggestion and I approve of it.Maybe we could combine these together?

Rolled 6, 5, 6, 3 = 20 (4d10)

Ignoring the obvious things, the creature's eating habits, method of reproduction, main sense and way of getting around is...

Rolled 2 (1d2)

>Omnivore
>Allogamy/Autogamy - "Normal reproduction between two species with an egg and sperm."
>Hearing
>Infantry (?)

Maybe it means like it's a smaller creature or such? Or Maybe it has two legs? Either way, rolling a d2 to see if it's a floral beast or not.

Keep the skeleton motifs on the armour. Add some tribal looking patterns to the clothing.

Heather decoration could be some kind of spiked crowns with random feathers and flowers.

Rolled 2 (1d2)

Forgot to dictate but 2 was going to be a floral beast.

Rolling another d2 for whether it's barky or not.

>Non-Woody - "The plant can easily bend to attack or defend itself. "

Plants that act as hunting companions that also reproduce like most normal animals that also stand on two legs...huh.

Maybe I stuffed up the table? If you guys wanna re-roll the beast thats fine, but nonetheless, thanks for the help and stuff. Before I take off, what could be the name of the Order?

This sounds cool.

Mabye it's an ambush predator. It covers itself with any plantlife it can find on the planet then waits for life to wonder bye

Pic related.

Dinosaurs.

I'm in favor of plant birds, who else?

As long as they don't look too silly sure. They go by hearing so maybe the use echolocation?

They "sense" life, Mabye via sensing the souls/warp presence of beings

I can dig it. They'd probably be very good for most missions cause of their omnivore diet as well. They'd also be easy to transport. Would the sisters decorate them with bones and put saddles on them?

I don't see why not.

So what's the planets name? And what's it's people like?

Not sure about the planet name, but I'd imagine the natives are pretty hardy people. The amount of grit and knowledge it would take to survive in a wasteland would be pretty staggering. They'd make excellent recruits, and I bet they have a heap of strange customs and traditions that they incorporate into the order, like tattoos and shit.

Ok, planet's name it's Scarcho VIII

>Normal reproduction between two species
typo or symbiosis?

they're probably techno-barbarians

Symbiosis probably.

I imagine they live in small pocket oasis that are scattered throughout Scarcho. Maybe the natives raise them and use them for transport as well, which is why the Order makes use of it.

What exactly is the relic? Is it a simple boltgun? A chainsword? A bolt pistol? She was only a sister superior but I'm sure she had some kind of impressive weapon.

So, as far as I can see, the Sisters you guys created are crazy death cultists who use Space Marine-esque tactics. They fucked over an Elder Craft World, but were created to stop something to do with Chaos and allied closely with the Inquistion.

On top of this, they have predatory plants as their companions in a wasteland of a world?

I'm suddenly seeing these Sisters as super militant Rangers and here's why:
Sister Superior led an attack on Craftworld.

But why?

What if that Craftworld was trying to carry away the Relic that they have?

Now in that action, the Relic activated and warped some plants near the Sister Superior into carnivorous vines that protected her and her sisters, attaching themselves to the Relic and letting the party escape what was to be a death trap.

Fast forward however many years later to the present, the Relic, a force spear or sword is located in a Living Reliquary, one of the precious few sites of life and water on the barren planet, so much so that the world's barons use the place to meet and discuss politics, and sometimes, during a recess or two, the barons speak to some friendly Sisters.

The Sisters all carry a spear/sword crafted to look like the relic, but all of them have a some shard of the vine that grows from that sword. The longer the sister wields the weapon for, the more covered by the strange vine the weapon is. This vine seems to relish lashing out against the psyker and other foul beings of the warp, sometimes even acting as a parasitic plant, constricting the hapless target and crushing them even as its roots dig into the warp-touched being and drain their bodies of the nutrients, water, and even the fell energies of the warp. Sisters dare not using this scared implement so often as according that Sister Superior, it was meant solely for their true enemies.

The Warbands of the Traitors.

I like the gist of your idea. Maybe instead of just it activating randomly, the Sister Superior was the one who activated it.

This Sister is the saint of the Order. Everybody would look up to this Legend, so I feel it would be more appropriate if somehow she was able to wield that spear and bring life to the barren wasteland.

Maybe we are looking at this wrong actually. Instead of being death-hungry soldiers, maybe they are just believers in life and death? Creating life and protecting it, and bringing death to those who deserve it, including themselves when the time comes, like the gatekeepers to the afterlife, they tell you when it's your time to die, whether you like it or not.

I like the idea of every sister carrying some type of small dagger on them or some small relic with a bit of the vine inside of it.

I vote for chainflail. We don't see enough of those in 40k.

I just got the reference.

They are the Army of the Shadowlands!

That Sister Superior could be someone like Scathatch, warrior so amazing that she became a Saint simply because she just could not be killed.

Maybe at the time the Sisters were a Death Cult, who the fuck expects to face a Chaos Warband and expect to live after. However, she spit in that expectation time and time again, and became something of a freak of nature to her other Sisters. Attacking the Craftworld to retrieve the Spear was a last-ditch effort for her to be honored like all those that feel before her, and with a few volunteers, they went to do the impossible.

That was where, the moment she activated the Spear to save her sisters' lives she heard the voice of the God Emperor, that she realized His Will for her sisters. So after wrapping a nearby vine around the part where the shafter and spear-head met in a quick and dirty repair to the priceless relic, she led her Sisters out of the Craftworld, carving a path through Elder Warriors with her invincible technique and shards of the wondrous plant that consumed their enemies every time they cut off of her spear.

When they came back, victorious, the Sister delivered her final sermon to the others, stating that she seen the Truth of their Purpose thanks to the God Emperor. They were not meant to die against their foes, but to stand between life and death, helping the transition from one land to another. The Warband that would come to ravage the world were full of those that should have died centuries prior, now they must return to the embrace of death. As do all those they are sent after. And with that, she walked into the Reliquary and shut the door, it was soon covered in the vines they ritually wrap around their most simple of melee weapons, to serve a final absolute death to those that they face.

I don't know what I've accidentally referenced but sure, let's go with that since it sounds awesome.

Attire wise, I imagine them as trying to combine that aspect of life and death together. Bones, whether painted on or worn on the armour, would be a common sight. Not sure what the life aspect could be represented by.

Basically, you managed to give the Order a little Ulster Cycle theme. The reference to the Gate of the Afterlife and the Barren Wasteland made me think of the Shadowlands were Scathatch rules.

Since they work with the Inquisition, I imagine they would make a cool back up force to the Deathwatch or Grey Knights when necessary. They could also act as mediators or guardians during diplomatic situations.

>Order Originator
Ebon Chalice (vanillest order, oh boy have they changed)

>Purpose of Order's Founding
Counter (eternally waiting for a band of chaos space marines since the creation of the order)

>Order's Flaw
An Eye of an Eye: No retreat, no surrender

>Order Demeanour
Cleanse and Purify: Burn, maim, kill, poison the wells and salt the earth.

>Primary Saint
Sister Superior X, looking for a glorious death in battle, led an action against an Eldar craftworld in M41, boarding it and inflicting grievous casualties before withdrawing. This has earned the order the fear and hatred of that craftworld.
During that battle, the saint and her party recovered a strange xeno spear covered in vines but that's heresy! like the gauntlets of ultrama or the calidus blades... carry on The weapon is now revered by the order and preserved in an humble reliquary in the covent. The vines have grown, however, and the sisters ritually wrap them around their weapons before going to battle.

>Order's Homeworld
The wastes of Scarcho VIII, where the few oases are inhabited by a population of human savages. The Order keeps involved in local politics.

>Order's Strategy
Orbital Insertion (btw, SoBs have access to drop pods)

>Order's Methods of Worship
Death Cult

>Order's Size
Nominal

>Order's Allies
Inquisition (so you're just waiting for CSM to come? I'll borrow a couple squads in the meantime)

>Order's Enemies
Chaos SM (and eldars)

They sound pretty metal for sisters of battle.

I really like the idea of sisters coming from a barbarian world, tho.

So, how shall we call them?

Since they're assault minded, I propose an assault ladder as the order's emblem.

Any idea for a color scheme? Regular Edon Chalice is black armor, white robes and metallic weapons.

please tell us more

The Order of the Scorching Sun

Colour scheme could be black with bone murals painted on certain plates (legion of the damned style). I imagine they're robes being either a emerald green or a deep blue with metallic weapon cases.

Tentacle rosebush.

What if the "animal companion plant" is like some kind of ivy or what have you that they actually grow onto their armor? Like it gives off a sap or something that repels local nasties. Or gives off a battle-stimulant odor. I can imagine a Battle Sister with this foliage stuff wrapped around her pauldrons.

Their homeworld is a scorched wasteland because they devastated it themselves rather than allow an enemy to conquer it.

Thorn pauldrons would be awesome. Maybe they're paint scheme could also be like a marble-colour for the plate, gold trim and green robes.

With the ivy on their shoulders and around their limbs, I imagine them as these fearful stone warriors.

I like the thorn vines growing on their armor and weapons. SoBs already have a rose motif, this just turns it up to 11

There seems to be a massive unintentional reference to the Shadowlands of Irish Mythology. Let's take the summary:
> Homeworld - Barren wasteland, populated by human savages
The Shadowlands were described as a featureless land with a massive castle over looking it. Those who wished to be trained by Scathatch had to survive the journey to the castle. This brings me an image of novices needing to track across some of the most inhospitable of the World's terrain to reach the Fortress that the Sisters reside in.

> Purpose + Primary Saint + Order's Enemies
Battle Sisters are humans and yet, yet these order was formed to take on Demi-gods and one of their number stood victorious against the Eldar in their Craftworld, the same Eldar who are capable of killing Space Marines. That Saint far surpassed human capabilities, and the rest of the Order is expected to follow and even exceed that. If that's not a reference to Cu Chulainn's training, then I don't know what is.

> Flaw + Demeanour + Strategy + Worship
Hit hard, hit fast, and leave no one standing. Like it or not, battles (and Deaths) in the Irish Myths were brutal, and when the Heroes didn't engage in single combat against the leader of the opposing army entire villages and populations were razed from the earth. Furthermore, Irish Heroes tend to attract all kinds of death to themselves, Fergus getting killed while taking a bath, Fionn being betrayed by his master, but the most relevant on, Cu gaining the personal attention of the Morrigan.

So thanks to these, I then pondered on the nature of the Plants the Order had tamed and realized that there could be a parallel between that and the Spear Gáe Bulg. Which was made from the spine of the monster Coinchenn, which could be equated to there Saint tearing the Craftworld Co'inch'een a new one and getting a new weapon out of it.

METAL.
>The order utilizes a pattern of Bolters that fill their enemies with deadly barbs

why is she wearing lipstick?

Those plants reminds me of the avalonians from alkemy

To draw attention to the perfection of the human form, of course.

> Bolters with ammunition that set to explode into shards of blessed metals from with a foe.
> Carrying ordinary spears with the thorned vines that when it's exposed to blood, it has an explosive growth that wraps around the source of that particular type of blood and drains them dry.

Maybe the Chaos Warband they need to face are like warriors that underwent the Riastrad, also known as, and I shit you not, the Warp Spasm?

It's basically an uber berserk form that Cu Chulainn could tap into that warp his entire body into a monstrous...thing that destroyed everything on the battlefield.
> The first warp-spasm seized Cúchulainn, and made him into a monstrous thing, hideous and shapeless, unheard of. His shanks and his joints, every knuckle and angle and organ from head to foot, shook like a tree in the flood or a reed in the stream. His body made a furious twist inside his skin, so that his feet and shins switched to the rear and his heels and calves switched to the front... On his head the temple-sinews stretched to the nape of his neck, each mighty, immense, measureless knob as big as the head of a month-old child... he sucked one eye so deep into his head that a wild crane couldn't probe it onto his cheek out of the depths of his skull; the other eye fell out along his cheek. His mouth weirdly distorted: his cheek peeled back from his jaws until the gullet appeared, his lungs and his liver flapped in his mouth and throat, his lower jaw struck the upper a lion-killing blow, and fiery flakes large as a ram's fleece reached his mouth from his throat... The hair of his head twisted like the tangle of a red thornbush stuck in a gap; if a royal apple tree with all its kingly fruit were shaken above him, scarce an apple would reach the ground but each would be spiked on a bristle of his hair as it stood up on his scalp with rage.

> Full Desc.
Then took place the first twisting-fit and rage of the royal hero Cuchulain, so that he made a terrible, many-shaped, wonderful, unheard of thing of himself. His flesh trembled about him like a pole against the torrent or like a bulrush against the stream, every member and every joint and every point and every knuckle of him from crown to ground. He made a mad whirling-feat of his body within his hide. His feet and his shins and his knees slid so that they came behind him. His heels and his calves and his hams shifted so that they passed to the front. The muscles of his calves moved so that they came to the front of his shins, so that each huge knot was the size of a soldier's balled fist. He stretched the sinews of his head so that they stood out on the nape of his neck, hill-like lumps, huge, incalculable, vast, immeasurable and as large as the head of a month-old child.

[part 1 / 4]

how singularly horrifying.

He next made a ruddy bowl of his face and his countenance. He gulped down one eye into his head so that it would be hard work if a wild crane succeeded in drawing it out on to the middle of his cheek from the rear of his skull. Its mate sprang forth till it came out on his cheek. His mouth was distorted monstrously. He drew the cheek from the jaw-bone so that the interior of his throat was to be seen. His lungs and his lights stood out so that they fluttered in his mouth and his gullet. He struck a mad lion's blow with the upper jaw on its fellow so that as large as a wether's fleece of a three year old was each red, fiery flake which his teeth forced into his mouth from his gullet.

There was heard the loud clap of his heart against his breast like the yelp of a howling bloodhound or like a lion going among bears. There were seen the torches of the Badb, and the rain clouds of poison, and the sparks of glowing-red fire, blazing and flashing in hazes and mists over his head with the seething of the truly wild wrath that rose up above him. His hair bristled all over his head like branches of a redthorn thrust into a gap in a great hedge. Had a king's apple-tree laden with royal fruit been shaken around him, scarce an apple of them all would have passed over him to the ground, but rather would an apple have stayed stuck on each single hair there, for the twisting of the anger which met it as it rose from his hair above him.

The Lon Laith ('Champion's Light') stood out of his forehead, so that it was as long and as thick as a warrior's whetstone. As high, as thick, as strong, as steady, as long as the sail-tree of some huge prime ship was the straight spout of dark blood which arose right on high from the very ridge-pole of his crown, so that a black fog of witchery was made thereof like to the smoke from a king's hostel what time the king comes to be ministered to at nightfall of a winter's day.

[part 2 / 2]
Fucked up a little.

didn't they have to calm him down with boobs?

Yup, turns out the Irish had been hiding Khornates this whole time...

The army led him to a river to wade through to cool him down (literally), on the other side were women, food, and barrels of ale.

The Imperium should try this method to fight berzerkers. The tau probably already do.

What would the name of the chaos warband be? Is it a known one or are we talking about a recent renegade chapter?

Maybe a weird offshoot of the Word Bearers, who see going through these "Warp Spasms" as a huge blessing, and strive to corrupt and turn anyone they can into Chaos Spawn or Possessed.

Every time I see one of these I want to pick up some sisters.. (probably the russian knock offs I once saw; not even a 40k fag).

What if we roll for it but make them World Eaters descendants and give them Celtic Berserker theme, woad and all?

Then again, considering that the Riastrad as far as I know was taught to Cu Chulainn by his Father Lugh...maybe a Word Bearer Traitor Legion would be a good idea as well.

Wanna also roll for the Eldar Craftworld that got fucked by Saint Sagra Hock (based on the Pronunciation of Scáthatch (Sgahok iirc) with a few extra letters)?

OP here.

I'm down for rolling. We also need a name for the Saint and the Order itself. Not too big a fan of the Scorching Sun.

Well, the Order descended from the Ebon Chalice, so let's play with that and the idea of Gate Keepers. So...how about:
> The Order of the Shadowed Gates

As for the Saint:
> Sagra Hock (based on the Pronunciation of Scáthatch (Sgahok iirc) with a few extra letters)

These are just ideas though, if anyone comes up with anything better, I wouldn't mind.

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Both of those sound pretty good.

Right well, lets start rolling for the Chaos Warband. First, we'll roll a d2 to see if they are either World Eaters or Word Bearers.

World Eaters it seems. Now, I'll need someone to roll a d10 for how they feel about the Dark Gods.

Rolled 3 (1d10)

FOR CHAOS!

Haven't rolled in forever, so hopefully I don't screw up.

Huh, practical worshippers this lot.

Looks like you did just fine my man.

>Neutral. The warband believes Chaos to be more of a tool than something to be worshipped, serving the dark Gods when it benefits them.

Seems they don't follow them too blindly, but respect them nonetheless.

Let's roll a d100 to see what their beliefs are.

Rolled 61 (1d100)

Hoping for Ancestor worship...

...dear Emperor.

That's kinda horrific desu