>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Army and Skirmish warband Builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg/: →

Other urls found in this thread:

geekdad.com/2017/08/games-workshop-representation/
docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need to move away from 40k for a bit after painting too many marines, trying to decide between getting the fyreslayers start collecting or the barrow lords. I already have an old whfb dwarf army so the fyreslayers would be good except I can only either ally with them or Ironweld for artillery or give up the alliegence ability. The barrow lords looks like a cool faction but they seem under powered and don't have many models so I'm not sure what to do. any ideas?

A returning chaos player here. What happened to all of the named characters in the compendiums? Does this means I can't take wulfrik as wulfrik and his drakar?

what will the fate of Slaanesh be?

So how's this for a Sylvaneth list now with the points changes?

Yes.

DESU I was thinking of making a player made faction for not!Norscans just to make up for the missing Wulfrick.

I am wondering, do death have any chance on table? I want to start collecting them, a mix of deathrattle+nighthaunt maybe even with Nagash or Neferata, but I don't want to end up with something where I will be beaten 24/7

Death are fine.

Just have enough bodies or defenses to weather ranged attacks and roll over people with waves of undead or punch things down with elite units.

Was thinking of something among using 60-70 skeletons, with Nagash and some wight kings mixed with wraith cavalry but I am still new to AoS and I am not sure how to make a proper army

Guys, I'm torn between three options
- Buying 3 boxes of Stormfiends and a WLC
- Starting a brand new army instead of reorganizing my skaven list into mono-skryre - I was thinking about Nurgle Daemons or Lizards
- Taking a break from AoS for a while and build a T'au army until next bigger AoS release - somehow I ended up with a T'au start collecting box as a gift

I have a limited amount of money to spend on the plastic crack so I have to pick just one option

Follow your lizard man dreams, user

There's only one real option. You know it to be true.

Any death-based armyscrolls I could take a look at? I am not sure how to build my death army and what to buy for them

Does Veeky Forums have a list of all the current army warscroll formations anywhere?

FAQ Update for generals 2017

>ERR ATA
Page 90
– Daemons of Nurgle
Add the following to the table:
‘Allies: Brayherds, Chaos Gargants, Everchosen,
Monsters of Chaos, Hosts of Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness
(excluding units with mark of
Tzeentch
), Warherds’
Page 96
– Deadwalkers, Allies
Change to:
‘Allies: Deathlords, Flesh-eater Courts, Deathrattle,
Deathmages, Nighthaunt, Soulblight’

Is that more allies for any of them? I dont play either so dont know.

What you anons up to? I'm painting Silvertower dark chieftain fella at the moment.

No idea why that copy paste was such a clusterfuck.

Reptilbros seem to be as good option as nurgle daemons financial-wise desu
- 3x stormfiends box + WLC = 520 bananaz
- 2x Seraphon SC or 2x Nurgle SC = 400 bananaz but I know I will have to buy a Slann for Lizards or the Epidemius for Nurgles one day so +130 bananaz in the distant future
- a second T'au SC + Optimised Pathfinder Team + Cadre Fireblade = 400 bananaz but I will also buy a Broadside one day because he looks so fuckin good so +130 bananaz in the distant future, again.

>inb4 sell the T'au box for more AoS crack
My GF wouldn't be mad at all about selling this T'au SC box or swaping it for any AoS SC but fuck me running guys - I love the Blueberries aesthetic and fluff. I know for sure I will give them a try one day so there is no point in selling the box now

girls like seraphon for some reason

Because they look a little bit like Nids but most girls I know are playing Sylvaneth - my GF is the only High Aelves player in my area but she is thinking about Wanderers now

Thoughts on the warpfire dragon? It seems underwhelming but a fun model to bring

Also can they stop cucking my skaven? It's cool that they are fleshing out the clans but being unable to take a grey seer without breaking allegiance is stuoid

I've been on a quite long vacation so this news took me by surprise

A lot

Are really Grundstok Thunderers not legal in matched play anymore?

wtf

Sales of stormcast dropped 2% because of KO, so they made them illegal.

Seriously though, no they are still legal. Why do you think they aren't legal? They had weapon loadout change though.

You can still take him as an ally but IMO masterclan should be treated like a universal clan and do not break the skaven-related allegiances

>Why do you think they aren't legal?

A friend told me the news on a totally messed up way
Now I'm reading through the actual thing is "just" a nerf to the weapon variety and the mortar range

It's not that bad, I'd say

Thanks for answering

They aren't making Aelves until they can figure out a way to diversify them.
Aelves are Aryan master race "we hate all non elves".
Until they can figure out a way to make black and Mexican elves, you wont see them.
Its CURRENT YEAR.

geekdad.com/2017/08/games-workshop-representation/

Are we white supremacists here too?

Just asking

Elves and eldar are racist as fuck.
Gas the dwarves/monkeigh race war now.

>until they can figure out a way to diversify them.

high elves, dark elves, and wood elves, three racially diverse kinds of aelves and they all have loads of important and well represented females in their societies.

the fact that there are no African human women in the elves armies is not a failure, or a reasonable expectation.

Anyone?

I want to get one of those and paint it like a tigrex

No excuses.
Get with the times user

>if your imaginary fantasy non-human species doesn't include black African women then its racist.

I was thinking of getting into AoS and I have fair amount of skaven. What shenanigans can I get up to with them.

Soon

Is there a site or anything where I can see people build warscrolls so I could see what people play with?

You can build a skryre army based on stormfiends and buff them with your packmaster thanks to new ally rules

If you loke fyreslayers go for them. They are new too.

Wow what a bigot. You are a racist transophoneic racist.

Post your dudes!

Just google warscroll builder

I think he might refer to army lists?

I am looking for people armies so I could see what is widely used

First we need an idea of how many points you're looking at. Nagash is almost always a waste of points. Skeletons are good, but if you want them you'll want at least 30 to 40 per unit with spears. Wight kings and necromancers go well with them. Things are a bit shaken up right now because deathrattle players lost a lot when the keywords for tomb kings got changed

Friend got me interested in the Hobbit. Painting up some Grim Hammers to start that. Plus side is if I end up not liking it, I can still use them as Hammerers for AoS.

I am looking for something around 2k

Gonna buy the warherd box and a citadel wood (for my Armies on Parade) as soon as I am done with my Dark Imperium box, which I am to finish up this week

Do you want hordes or no? If you're avoiding hordes you can go soulblight, as blood knights kick ads, but the official models are obscenely expensive even for gw (and ugly), so you'll want to convert or sub other models. If you like horde, FEC can do well, check the op for their battletome and the new generals. Skeletons also work well, but you'll want to field them in 40 man blocks with support from Wight kings and necromancers. Mannfred makes a better general than a Wight king at larger point values, as the average wounds from the reroll is greater than you'd get from an additional attack on one unit

>Gordrak
>Fist of Gork

>New nighthaunt model shown on WH community
>Herald of Nagash
>Will be 3 more, 1 for each alliance

You are now aware that the Herald of Mork is coming soon.

>Found a few new hobby-pals so I can play AoS more often now
>Ended up playing with an imaginary friends army

Honestly, that would be cool

Just checked what I have. 1 warlock engineer, 1 grey seer, Ikit Klaw, Tretch Craventail, Plague Lord Nurglitch, 2 plague priests, 1 warlord. 2 abominations, 1 doomwheel, 7 rat ogres, doom flayer, warpfire thrower, plague mortar, 15 gutter runners, 40 plague monks, 80 giant rats, 1 plagueclaw catapult and 1 plague furnace.

Hopefully the chaos one will be StD and can have any mark.

We all know the order one will be a stormcast.

Or maybe a Skaven, but i would preffer the StD one

And yeah, It's painfully obvious it's going to be a SCE for Order
I hope the model at least to be somewhat original and not generic-looking

You have a good base for a pestilens army

>mfw it's a herald of Seraphon Gods

how do they size up compared to other warhammer dwarf models? they look pretty good

Talking about Slaves To Dankness

Is it viable to build an entire mounted army?

With chariots, chaos knights, mounted marauders, varanguard, and a Lord on Daemonic Steed

I've always loved how Chaos Knights look, and the easthetic of a mounted army

(I'm also a bit tempted for a Griffon-themed army of freeguild, but that is actually harder and a lot more expensive to make)

I was hoping I would be able to build something from mixing Deathlords+Nighthaunt+Deathrattle on 2k points up to 80 models, I don't like FEC so I don't want to go them at all, soulblight are also kind of meh for me as I am not too huge fan of vampires..

Yes you can

my dudes, enjoy: docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing

Oh god yes please

They are a battleline so yes its perfectly legal. Also considering the need to grab objectives, I would say on paper a mounted Chaos Army would be more fitted than the ones on foot.

You even have the Ruinbringer Warband Batallion which gives you a bonus to charges. I can't speak for the overall performance for StD in the current meta but its certainly an option.

Do we know anything about seraphon gods in the AoS setting?

The lists I saw typically went one of two ways: use two 20 man blocks of zombies to fill the battleline as cheap as possible, then fill with more elite stuff like morghasts, dragons and mortarchs, or horde heavy with heroes and such to support. I prefer the latter. Stuff like 3 40 man blocks of skeletons, one or two Wight kings for deathless minions and the infernal standard, some grave guard, some black knights, the legion battalion, and a mortarch like mannfred as general. For 80 or less and no soulblight or FEC? That leaves you with nighthaunts supported by deathlords. I have now experience there, and the nighthaunt allegiance is brand new

I don't know much a part from

>Sotek exists
>Constelations

I'm not really a Seraphon player, but I might be one in the future

Shit, I was somehow scared I will either have to look towards FEC or Soulblight or I will have to play on hordes of over 100 figures that I would like to evade for death... How about Neferata or Arkhan? Are they bad as well? I just hate Mannfred fluff wise so I would like to evade him

>Flesh Eater Friends:1000 points
>60 ghouls (two units)
>2 ghoul kings
>1 mortis engine

Can this list be somewhat competitive?

Put a different head on him and say it's someone else.

In the list, it will still be Mannfred

They are smaller. LotR and Hobbit miniatures are made to scale properly, while Warhammer is "Heroic" scale, which means certain parts are exaggerated, and they end up a bit bigger.

How is this list for a casual game?

Leaders:
Lord of Plagues 100p [General; Command trait "Spiteful Destroyer", artifact "Chaos Runeblade"]

Sorcerer Lord 100p

Herald of Nurgle 100p

Battleline:
10 Plaguebearers 100p

5 Putrid Blightkings 180p

Other units:
Chaos Spawn 50p

3 Nurglings 80p

3 Plague drones 220p

990/1000p

so why is Death as a grand-alliance so unpopular? I've been trying to sell my Death lot for months now and nobody seems interesed, yet I see dozens of chaos-related posts every day.

With GHB2, Death actually seems decent, so why is nobody interested in it?

Are Plague toads worth it?

I sorta understand. He's such a pissant, and if that's enough to spoil it for you, that's enough to spoil it for you.

Not new and shiny.
When a new update comes out, it will triple in value like what happened with dryads after sylvaneth came out

>Dude did you just hit me?
>Nah it was him
>Eye brow raises

Maybe people consider them too generic, compared to Stormcast, Beastclaw, Sylvaneth?
They reek of "standard" fantasy? IDK I love the bone boys.

They're not being supported. That has a big impact.

The mortarchs are all fine, it depends in his you use them. I recommend mannfred because the reroll a he grants are a massive force multiplier, and he's great in combat. Neferata is also good for her debuff, and arkhan has an awesome damage spell, you really can't go wrong.

Yeah... This is why I Think I will use Neferata or that other guy rather than Mannfred, I will come with a roster in the upcoming week so maybe you will be able to judge if it's any good

Small addition to that : I am shit at building army in AoS as I am fairly new, so my roster will probably look terrible at first.. I have no idea how to build synergy etc on my Deathrattle units

I am too, so I'm afraid I won't be any help at telling you how good your army is. We're in the same boat.

Where do you get the impression that Death is unpopular? Or are you just meme-ing and whining?
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought there was some synergy. Lightning gauntlets+pack master buff could be fun. And you can fit a pack master+ 2 rat ogors into 1000 pt Skryre list

Maybe he is making that assumption cause the army ain't too popular on tournaments or that they didn't get battletome since forever and we probably won't see it in next 4 to 5 years?

Wight king with banner will keep deathrattle on the board longer with an extra 6+ save, which is even more important after deathless minions got nerfed. Keeping him or another hero near your warriors will give them a bonus to their hit roll. If he is your general, he can give a deathrattle unit an extra attack per weapon per model. However, it's generally better to use mannfred, as the reroll of 1's for hit and wounds will average out to more damage in most cases, but I recognize you don't like him. Necromancers will let a unit like in and attack a second time with a successful cast.

I came up so far with this :

Allegiance: Deathrattle

Leaders
Wight King with Black Axe (120)
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)

Battleline
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spear
- Ancient Spear
- Ancient Spear
20 x Grave Guard (320)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
- Deathrattle Battleline

Not sure if I should add knights, or another wight king

Of course again posted this too fast ugh.. It is for 2k of course and I was wondering if I could somehow get less units, if I should for example go Allegiance death and pick some hexwraiths

>probably won't see it for another 4-5 years.
Nice assumption there. Maybe try to make your doomsaying a little bit more believable next time.

We didn't see it for last 2 years, why do you think they will release death now?

So I heard that Chaos Dwarfs are in the new Spear of Shadows book. This true before I waste my time reading for it?

If you want the deathrattle battalion (I think that's what you meant by battleline), you'll need to throw in a unit of black knights. I would go infernal standard instead of black axe if you're only bringing one Wight king, the extra save is much more valuable than the extra damage

I recall reading a deathrattle user complaining about their allies situation? Did this faq update change that at all?

My gf started up an army. Sylvaneth and seraphon. She said she liked trees and dinosaurs.

Also, you want the great blades instead of the shields. Anything other than chaff tends to have at least rend 1, and grave guard are better used on other targets. If you're not using the battalion, I would split the grave guard into two units so you'll get more models back per turn with their banner

I see, yeah I just copied it from warscroll builder hence why it said deathrattle batallion... Is it better to keep it as allegiance : deathrattle, or would it be better to go allegiance : death and get some hexwraiths/maybe blood couch or a necromancer?

They literally said so on the blog they are giving death some love and the 2018 event could be death themed for all we know. 4-5 years is just ludicrous since the game has only been out for 2 years and FEC received a tome and GBH 2017 had allegiance stuff for Nighthaunt and Soulblight. If they do Deathrattle or a new , I think Death has an equal or better variation of stuff than some of the other alliances

No, but until we get a battletome it doesn't matter. The only benefit of limiting ourselves to deathrattle is grave guard and black knights as battleline, but skelebros should already have that covered with warriors.

You get no benefit from using the Deathrattle Allegiance with that list. The only benefit you get is being able to use Grave Guard and Black Knights as battleline, but you already have 3 units of skeleton warriors.

You are better off using the Death allegiance so you get access to artefacts and command traits.