EDH/Commander General

Previously on /edhg/:RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Plenty of decklists and primers.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
Whay do other players/decks do that tend to trigger you?

Other urls found in this thread:

deckstats.net/deck-13951347-87c17ee619cdb940c0ce8b55032765ad.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-17-wurms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Whay do other players/decks do that tend to trigger you?
nothing because im not a faggot

Pariah's Shield on an indestructible creature means you and the creature and basically safe right?

Playing a tutor and taking a million years to make a choice.

I'm building a deck focused on playing a bunch of wurms. Should I go Trostani for big heals, or Ikra Shidiqi & Tymna the Weaver for also big heals but also black for Massacre Wurm? I dopn't know if it's worth adding black just for Massacre Wurm, despite his strength.

Thread question:
Decks that only exist to combo. Either they succeed and the the game is over in an instant for everyone or you stop them and they either scoop right then and there or do nothing for the rest of the game and get salty about it

>*blocks your path*

Reposted from last thread. Can I get some constructive feedback on my Bruna EDH deck please?

deckstats.net/deck-13951347-87c17ee619cdb940c0ce8b55032765ad.html

Basic game plan is to slow/lockdown the board with stax effects then get into a state where we can safely get out bruna and start swinging people out the game. Some cards (crypt, thron, sphere, fetches) are not included due to budget constraints. Anything expensive in there is something I already own. Trying to keep it under $500

>Thread question
Players that spend thousands of dollars on a deck and throw a hissy fit when they lose. cEDH was a mistake.

There are ways to get rid of Indestructible creatures, but as long as that doesn't happen you're good. Use it with Stuffy Doll.

There's one guy at my LGS who plays with banned cards but than when someone plays something that's not a bulk rare goes "Ugh I hate that card"

I wouldn't mind if one day he just never showed up again.

I got completely focused by a guy I just met because he thought my deck did something other than it actually does.

Well I know that, I was just asking if the damage actually applied because I know if a creature's toughness is 0 they die no matter what so like -1 counters and poison can kill them.

Is this a good card or am I being tricked by WotC again?

i mean unless you go through and show me every card in your deck to prove some bullshit isnt there id focus you to the second i saw certain commanders

Seems pretty good if you are in colors with weak card draw. And at 1 mana it's worth how situational it could be

Are you one of those guys who builds nekusar with a purposefully weak 99?

It's not that great in EDH since you'll probably be more worried about a Wrath of God than spot removal, and if you are losing something to spot removal drawing a single card is probably not going to be that much of a boon.

Still, it's not entirely useless, and for one mana you really can't complain. It's probably going to be one of those dollar-rare cards that don't really perform, but aren't so shit you can't run them and feel good about it either.

>oh hey, that's a neat spell, I wonder if I should pick one up
>$20+

No it's like my commander does literally the opposite of what the guy thought it did. Basically I run cards that make me discard and he thought I ran shit that made him do it.

>can go into an infinite combo of snapcaster+vapor snag on vela
>snapcaster is $50+

I understand why snapcaster is expensive. It just sucks that it is.

People who hold grudges to the previous rounds winner and can't judge the current board and focus solely on that one person fucking up the entire game and letting the person they're not focusing on win.

I refuse to play with manchildren who hold grudges in a casual format and have stopped playing with a few people at my LGS because they can't not get mad.

Who's the commander? Certain commanders are totally unusable because of the precedent they set. Oloro, Nekusar, and Narset are the worst offenders off the top of my head.

It's usually not that hard to tell when you're playing with an honest Timmy versus a dishonest Spike. While there's a certain level of autism to either, one is innocent and childlike and the other drips visibly with slime.

No way dude this is the best

Nothing better than blowing out a netdecker with your shitbrew

I don't think that combo works the way you want it to.

I know I can most likely die from it but I like fucking around sometimes. And I know I'd need infinite mana and another creature.

People who just fill their decks with leftover draft garbage. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. Maybe because there's nothing very cohesive about the deck other than colors

right, so watch our for Corrosive Mentor

Adding another color gives you more options but also guides you closer to pure goodstuff.

Anyone playing New Mirri? What do you think of her?

It sounds like you're holding a grudge against them.

Meet my wife
She's got real motherly instincts and isn't afraid of confrontation, but her daddy complex can be a bit jarring at times.

That's not how a grudge works user. A grudge is almost always irrational. Refusing to play with someone because they're a bad player who gets autistically mad when they lose in a casual format is not irrational it's common sense. If you can't control your emotions and you're well into adulthood you're the problem.

Edgar was our last hope at seeing the 4th Powerpuff, wasn't he?

Changing the meaning of words to suite your narrative is irrational, just sayin

ReReturn to Shadows Over New Innistrad 2: Electric Boogaloo feat. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series & Knuckles

>Knuckles
We're getting either Shadow or Rogue and you know it.

I hate people who hold meta-grudges too, but I will target the shit out of people who cannot correctly judge a board state. If I'm at the top spot, I'm not going to get bitchy if someone targets my shit. I won't even get mad about a timely, awesome play, because that's a story to tell (like the time I tried to ult Daretti but someone Cyclonic Rifted the sol ring I was going to clone). But I'm damn sure going to be pissed if you waste removal on someone doing fuck-all to influence the current board just because you personally dislike a card.

Prophetic Flamedpeaker, Outpost siege, and the two Chandras are usually my go-to cards for that particular mechanic.

As for ramp, there are enough mana rocks that it really shouldn't be a problem for any color.

I'm not the best deck builder by any means, but I've never had a consistent issue with ramp or draw in my Boros deck.

>just because you personally dislike a card.

There's a guy at my LGS who has an autistic hatred for Expeditions/Masterpieces/Invocations so whenever someone plays one he will always target it no matter how much of a threat it is or isn't and will waste tons of cards getting rid of them.

I play her in the 99 of Nazahn, she's pretty good for her cost, if you're looking for Silent Arbiter type effects.

Why do you let him play with banned cards?

Because he's their friend so they let him do it. I'm honestly thinking of starting to go to a store out of town because he's a massive douche on top of playing with banned cards.

As long as you're the daddy.

You could get the precon for like $50 and get other decent cards too.

My office group won't play anything but their high-tiered, meticulously-tuned decks again and again, to the point of tedium. Any suggestion to try anything fun or more casual (like just buying a box of precons and each taking one and sleeving up-as-is) is dismissed. They just want to play the same game again and again because they hate the prospect of losing. When I build a deck specifically to counter their same-old strategy, they get grumpy and target me and accuse my deck of being "degenerate." So if I win once, they'll single me out and beat down on me every game for weeks to come.

We also used to do drafts and precons and stuff, but nobody wants to anymore because there's randomness, luck, and creativity required rather than just buying the most expensive goodstuff EDHRec suggests for their commander.

I know the guy. But dont we all?
I had a guy near flip the table when possibility storm came out "i fucking hate that card! Its the reason i quit EDH for a whole week!"

I don't get how Avacyn got ONLY her wing and hair tips to dye red. What did she do?

>You could get the precon for like $50 and get other decent cards too.
>$50
Any game store does this is not worth spending money on product for. I'll search Targets instead.

Here in Canada they're $50.00.
Im a different user, just assuming thats the case

>if you are in colors with weak card draw

If you have Green, you aren't by default.

>$50 Leafs is equal to about $40 Burgers

You're still getting ripped off a bit, but at least it's not as much as it seemed at first.

Do I absolutely have to run Hardned Scales in Marath? There's a lot of other Enchantments I want to use over it.

Your stores are overcharging, I just picked up a couple of them for $35 at my leaf LGS.

holy shit this is autism more advanced than I was fucking prepared for

I play mostly online so I dodge that issue, but I do get a lot of "oh you're playing Gonti, how dare you rape my deck, my list is sacred" or "let me just pop that Act of Authority, I know you're playing New Thalia and aren't using it for degenerate lifegain, but I want to get ass-blasted by the Gruul player and the rhystic study I literally never pay for", "I'm gonna exile that Perpetual Timepiece of yours instead of literally anything else, AFTER you ate a Bojuka Bog trigger. You know. Just in case."

Canada gets ripped off in general, I wouldn't blame his lgs. The MSRP in Canada is dicks for WOTC products.

*Authority of the Consuls. Herpa derp derp.

I have that, only worse. (see: ). But there's one person who is especially bad: the goth girl coworker that I friendzoned. I will never not be the primary target of her passive aggression.

Luckily, the playgroup has some new blood, so I am working to make allies of the new employees.

That's the current Amazon price. What's the MSRP? And can you actually get it at that?

It's not as necessary in Marath as it is in Ghave, just because Marath doesn't add counters to itself. Are you trying to combo out? If so you don't really need Hardened Scales.

I stopped by a GameStop, got all four. I only see them out at actual card stores.

>Are you trying to combo out?

Yep. Got a bunch of combo pieces and tutors to set everything up.

>If so you don't really need Hardened Scales.

Cool thanks user. I recently learned about Sterling Grove and fell in love with it and want to run it more.

play a chaos deck

Did I hear that they were going to reprint the 2017 commander decks, or did I dream that?

>holy shit this is autism more advanced than I was fucking prepared for

It's truly a site to behold. I think he's mad because he's never pulled one ever or just bought one. Honestly I've just got an Austere Command I bought when it was $20 and an entomb I pulled and seeing his face light up with anger makes it the best $20 spent ever.

>bought two snapcasters for my modern deck the other day
>still haven't picked up pic related

I refuse to pay 50€ for a better birds of paradise, fuck.

October.

I wish Nev's Disk was better.

I'm tired of losing to swarms of manarocks or creatures because my wrath requires tabling.

how is this better than birds again

>how is this better than birds again

>giving other attacking creature +1/+1

>how is this better than birds again

come on user

Strictly in sense of modern
It's great tempo to get a manadork out that buffs your swinger

That's cool. Are there any other tutors that are a must have in BUG Sidisi?

Why did she have to be so garbage?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-09-17-wurms/

Please give me advice, this is my first commander deck.

I don't get it. She seems stupid strong without even trying too hard.

Honestly, a wurm tribal deck is probably not going to do very well.

You need removal. And 41 is probably overkill on lands.

Yeah, I know. I wanna do it anyways.

aren't you forgetting someone?

She's decently strong but relies on having your creatures stick a turn.
I find she gives tappening based decks a nice twist since you can still hurt that Oloro fucknuts sitting behind 3 Propaganda effects without ever swinging at them and pressuring other players too.

my saskia deck is just 4 color hate bears

How do you win?

What are some good removals? Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares?

Yes, plus stuff like Return to Dust, Bane of Progress, Austere Command, Akroma's Vengeance, Scavenging Ooze, etc.

Punching people usually does the job, no, wraths don't really stop you after a point.

Hatebears and Saskia kill people by attacking them.

It does not trigger EoB abilities

Youre right. Ill trade you 100 of my currency for 100 of yours.

How about Fog-like cards? Are those good to include?

You are running Endless Wurm, but only one way to keep it on the battlefield for longer than a turn. Are you just using it for the 9 life? Pic related has the potential for a lot more life, as well as taking advantage of other etb effects. I'd recommend Aura Shards as well, because your commander can make tokens.

some potentially useful non-basics:
>Flagstones of Troakir
great outlet for Harrow
>Riftstone Portal
same as above but also fixes once in GY
>Gavony Township
mana sink/combat trick

>Mirror Entity
technical Wurm and allows everyone to scale with your mana pool
>Heliod, God of the Sun
provides mass vigilance & a source of enchantment tokens to sac for Endless Wurm
>Aura Shards
lets you deal with troublesome artifacts/enchants

You also don't seem to have any board wipes/targeted removal. I highly suggest Fracturing Gust, Return to Dust, Wrath of God/Day of Jugement, Austere Command, Sylvan Reclamation, Swords to Plowshares, Afterlife, Path to exile

Your list of artifacts/recursion seems small so I might reccomend Rest in Peace & Stony Silence to stop graveyard/artifact decks

Nope. Maybe the populate one if you want to be cute.

Yeah, Rancor was the dream, since he works so well with Traverse the Outlands and Soul's Majesty (which I forgot to include). Aura shards is a good idea.

forgot pic

another Wurm for you friendo

I need some help.

I've been building this saucy bastard, and I've reached a bit of an impasse. What kind of fatties should I run? I mostly want to smash face, but I have things like Stormtide Leviathan and Aboshan in there, with no real wincon. I have a bunch of clone/copy effects and mass polymorph, but I have no idea how to actually win games. Should I just scrap everything and make a Memnarch artifact ramp deck with a different commander?

Big dudes backed by counterspells does the job just fine. If I can smack people with big guys in Azusa and win then you can do the same thing while having access to blue.

Angelic Destiny is similar to Rancor and makes your Wurm Angelic! (´・ω・`)

My colorless eldrazi deck costs about $800+. It gets stomped repeatedly by a $200 Zur deck.

I'm perfectly fine with that because my deck is a theme deck. Every Eldrazi card made in it or sideboard. Every. One.

not that guy but exalted has made me win so many games against shitheads with ensnaring bridge