Game Finder Thread

>GM/Player
>System Preferred
>Times Available (with timezone!)
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
>Contact Info
>Additional Notes

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87654/the-darkest-dungeon
discord.gg/ym72b
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-pky3Ygf-SafnNpa2ZJM0VONHpRQTNnWDlPQnA0SWhwUGZDUS1acGVrWGpVZWU1OVdXNkE
discord.gg/N6VEq9
discord.gg/2AyHpsv
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=410434
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

-- one spot left --

UNKNOWN ARMIES 3E

>TIME
4PM-8PM GMT weekly, day will be discussed with players but currently available are: Mon, Tue, Thu, Sun.

>SPACE
Text on Roll20, ideally OOC voice chat with Discord but not required if you don't want to reveal your trueform tones.

>MASTER
Brothermanhyll#5147, room will be created at a later date

>SCRIPT
Unknown Armies is a game about people meddling with powers they likely neither understand nor deserve, seen through a lens of humanocentric cosmic urban horror. The game will take your meat puppets to the depths of magick, the occult underground, your own sanity and the human condition as you pursue your greatest desires.

That said, in my experience the game is best experienced going in blind, but veterans to the system are welcome all the same. The game is very intimate and heavy on roleplaying, so i expect ability to portray a fairly whole human person through your character. As a GM i am heavy on atmosphere and tone, almost as if i'm fantasizing about being a film director, and in this case the one i'm going for is urban mystery combined with slice-of-life elements. If you have a penchance for conspiracy theories, deeply flawed human beings and sociology, this game will fit you like a glove-hole.

The actual details pertaining to the location of your misfortunate events will be discussed in Session 0, where we'll create our characters, pin down locations, relationships and whatnot to form the general framework and setpieces for the game.

DON'T LOSE YOUR MIND

bump

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Lookin for some good ol' D&D. 3.5 or 5e
Mondays after 7pm (PST)
uhhh whatever works. No skype.
>Contact Info
Discord: envy#7493
>Additional Notes
I'm just aching for D&D and all my usual group keeps blowing me off.

>GM/Player
GM
>System
Savage Worlds
Friday evenings, GMT
Discord and Roll20, voice
>Contact Info
Crunch Deadlift#0407
>Additional Notes
Destiny is once again beginning to weave its fickle web in the realms of Calador.

The Wendish Empire sprawls ever further across the continent at the behest of their ruthless lord, convinced of his own manifest destiny. Orc warbands prey on the vulnerable in wartorn lands. The undead tear their way free of the grave. Adventurers flock to opportunity, picking at the carcass of the old world and roaming the deserts of Old Agra in search of wealth. All the while, elder beings sit in their palaces across the sea and scheme of the downfall of man.

Homebrewed fantasy setting. Pretty standard stuff, not trying to reinvent the wheel, just wanted a fantasy setting that can evolve with the players rather than being a slave to the metaplot like Forgotten Realms, etc. The game's gonna focus on adventuring with some politics, warfare, dungeon crawling and maybe even some realm-building. A whole range of stuff.
I understand it's a cliche, but roleplay over rollplay, please.

So, whose dick would I have to suck for an Infernals Exalted game? Either 2e or 3e, at this point I'd take either.

Mine.

Don't die on me.

Surely someone must have a poorly thought out DND 5e game they need randos for!

I'm still looking for some MnM.

Blease.

Are you running an Infernals game? Which edition, 2e or 3e with homebrew?

>GM/Player
GM
>System
5e
>Time
Weekdays around 20 GMT+2, that's about 5 hours after this post. I run when there's at least 4 players and I'm available.
Roll20 + discord for voice
>Contact Info
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/87654/the-darkest-dungeon
>Additional Notes
One-shot dungeon crawls but you keep developing your characters and improving the hamlet. DD flavored with houseruled dying mechanic and DD-like stress.
Yes I know and no I won't run Torchbearer.

>New players welome: No
RIP

I'd probably be willing to do something like this, but the fact you'd actually be willing to play 2e, sickens me to my very core.

Not knowing the rules + murder dungeons = bad idea.

bmup

That's not what that implies.

I just want a God-damned game of Nobilis.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
SR 4 or PF
EST during the week. Games would run 4-5 hours starting at 6-7pm EST
I prefer this new thing maptools. A GM got me into it, then the game died. I'm tired of not playing
>Contact Info
Yangblawd#8110
>Additional Notes
I'm a very experienced DM who tried to get away from it and play for once. I see now that my only way to keep the game going is to be the DM. I'd rather run a game then never play at all.

3e with the Infernal homebrew. 2e is smelly.

Do you have space?

>GM or Player
Posting on behalf of the GM
>System(s)
Hackmaster 5th Edition (kind of like DND)
>Time availability
Mondays 8pm-11pm BST (3pm-6pm EST)
It is weekly
Game through roll20, Voice through Discord
>Contact Information
Whispers#5872
>Additional Information
Game is set on the edge of a great desert, is more serious than not, more roleplay than combat, where power and resources are scarce and creativity is encouraged.

Game started a dozen sessions ago and already has several players, but due to one bowing out there is now space.
Previous experience unnecessary.

Depends on how much dick you're willing to suck.

Well considering I've been playing Exalted for over a year now and never had a chance to play something that wasn't a Solar...Got any contact details? Also, what day/time is the game? All jokes aside, I would kill for an Infernal game at this point.

Listen, when you've been playing Exalted for a year, and all you've ever been able to play is solars, 2e starts to look slightly less shitty. Slightly. Enough that I can look at chargen and not immediately want to hit my head with the rulebook.

>every game is fridays and saturdays
>be bartender
>make 80% of my money on those two days
>never get to play rpgs any more

It's babby's first RPG, the rules could be learned on a lunch break.

ye but he wants le system mustery

Euphorbiaceae#5285

Request sent!

GM
Starfinder
Wednesday night at 8pm EST
We will be playing via text in roll20.
discord.gg/ym72b

I only need like 1-2 more players, we already have a solarian, engineer and envoy. details about the game are in the discord.

i really really need to play MnM

>>GM/Player
Player, but I can GM if someone else'll get me a group.
>>System Preferred
Shadowrun or 40k RPG.
>>Times Available (with timezone!)
I tend to be working nights EST, but I'm always off by 7 at the latest.
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
I'm open to any.
>>Contact Info
Brian.overton2 is my skype, shower_thing is my steam, and Lord Humungus
#0158 is my discord.
>>Additional Notes
Experenced in shadowrun 5e and rogue trader.

Still plenty of openings. Nobody has picked a game yet so if you're interested in SR or PF, now's the time to join in and voice that.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Confirmed as SR 4
Aiming for Thursday nights EST
Maptools for IC, Discord for OOC
>Contact Info
Yangblawd#8110 on discord
>Additional Notes
SR 4 with karmagen for chargen.

The first words lie now, three chairs are empty

Take your time

>everything lining up but the timezone
every time
good luck

To anyone who frequents these threads, how often to star wars games pop up? I feel it would be a dick move to say "someone come GM and make a group" but I have a character idea I really want yo play.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Exalted 3rd
Most afternoons and evenings, aside from Friday and Saturday. Game time will likely be mid afternoon on a day that works for everyone.
Depends on if the party prefers voice or text. Discord is default for voice comms, but roll20 will be used for rolls.
>Contact Info
Discord: Droark#8267
>Additional Notes
Going to be running a Solars game with an altered char gen, though it will end up with the same choices and statistics as the norm.

Oh, and I'm based out of CST.

>GM
>RuneQuest 6e
>Weekends PST
>Discord

Mainly just checking for interest. Will be running a low fantasy game in a homebrew setting of mine where the players will be playing as a group of nobles who are brought together when peace talks for an ongoing civil war break down at the capital. Will be using ASOIAF RPG rules for noble house creation (refluffed of course). Reply if you are interested.

donald bump

I've never played exalted and have wanted to for years, if you still need players and don't mind someone new as fuck hmu

Zee#4825

The seats have been fulfilled for now

How pink mohawk is this? Because I have a character concept hat's not going to work if we're black trenchcoat.

It's a fair mix of both. Plenty of room for both. At the very least I invite you to contact me so we can see if it'll fit.

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
mongoose's D20 Infernum (system is identical to most D20 systems.)
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-pky3Ygf-SafnNpa2ZJM0VONHpRQTNnWDlPQnA0SWhwUGZDUS1acGVrWGpVZWU1OVdXNkE
Will use the rules provided. setting slightly modified.
>Times Set (with timezone!)
9:00 A.M. PST Sunday.
Discord for text and rolls, roll 20 for a battle map if (emphansis of IF) it's ever needed.
>Voice or text
Text only
>Contact Info/Discord Room Link
Contact me on Discord. nutfeelingit#7007
discord.gg/N6VEq9
>Additional Notes
Welcome to the grindpunk survival sandbox of hell. Be you a Demon, a Mortal, a Fallen, or a stangely fortunate damned soul, your going to be in a fight for your survival as you go head to head with the beast and enviroment of the pit, grand schemes of the great houses, and a conspiracy that will plung all of the infernum into a wave of madness the free cities heresy couldn't hope to eclipse.

Initial character creation has already occured with sadly, only two players. (a tank and social manipulator) Just join, talk to the others, and build a level 1 character. looking to make this a long running campaign.

in setting.
"Welcome to the Township of Gristle Marsh on the circle of tears, trading post and travel route between the third and fifth circles, going right down the tunnels of the circle of Toil. Whatever your buisness. Your just in time for the March of the Stagnant Spawn, our annual festivel where we put on a fireworks display to drive off the beast before they arrive to plunder this precious trade route on neutral land. . . Try not to anger the guards, they've been bored with this high alert for a few weeks now. might overreact."

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
D&D 5e
I have altogether too much time available, but a weekday afternoon would be ideal
Discord or other, preferably theatre of the mind and not something I have to pay for.
>Contact Info
Discord: ngiac#4103
>Additional Notes
I'm a newish DM for an in-person 5e campaign every other Sunday, and want more experience as a player and to see how others do it. No memes.

I will when I get home.

>GM/Player
Gm
>System Preferred
Geist
Sat PST
Discord
>Contact Info
Discord: noeyeszalgo#1547
>Additional Notes
UMPs, Savages, Grigs, Ghouls, Monsters. Whatever you call them LA has a lot. It's 2020 and a plague has taken over the city and you might know why though that won't help you escape the quarantine. As a Sin-Eater you traveled here to find the cause of a massive paranormal spike of activity. Now your trapped with the Grigs, hungry flesh eating monsters who look like any stranger on the street. Between that, the military marshal law, and the other Sin-Eaters you've got a tough road for survival.

This Geist game will have you surviving in quarantined LA as you race to gather allies and starve the Grigs from their source of power, eating ghosts.

You sure about this discord tag?

It's YangBlawd#8110
With a capital B

So our GM joined the military. He isn't exactly available anymore.
We run 5e D&D and honestly just need a gm, you can come up with anything you want and we'll play it even other systems.
We play for fun and our autism levels are relatively low.

REVSTHETIC#8364 on discord

>"hey we're a chill af group of friends who need someone to run a game for us because we're lazy pussies."

Every. Fucking. Time.

There's just as much a need for a group of players you can count on to play as there are a need for someone to run games.

>tfw your GM wanted out so bad he signed up to leave the country and/or die

Your group already knows and can in theory stand each other. Just have one of you step up and GM.

Is this a cruel joke or something? Make a post with fake contact info?

Your discord didn't work. What is it?

NoEyesZalgo sorry didn't capitalize anything

see

How can people be so retarded they can't spell their own names right
There's been at least three different people in this thread alone
Usernames should be even easier than your real name, you fucking pick it yourself

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
OWoD
will depend upon players but weekends or thursday between 2pm-7pm or so US Central is most likely.
roll20, discord room to chat between games.
game will be in text only.
>Contact Info
Ancapomancer #7967
>Additional Notes
Game will be a mortals only campaign, using custom lore to prevent meta. I want the players to have a fresh take on the the world of the supernatural. Ill do a 1v1 pregame session with you for your first contact with the world of the unknown. then youll meet the party later through other means.

Not gonna go super indepth because that would defeat the point of the game. but x-files, deadly premonition, twin peaks, maybe goosebumps, as well as those "true or urban legend" tv shows from the late 90's all kinda fit into the general feel of what im going for.
Surrealism more than horror I guess.

Capitalization is rarely important in usernames. Apparently Discord is picky.
Also fuck you.

>Not picking your real name yourself

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Running 3.5
Haven't decided yet, will wait to see what times people are available before deciding on time.
Discord, join our discord actually
discord.gg/2AyHpsv
>Contact Info
As above.
>Additional Notes
New players welcome, the game will be pretty relaxed and we already have a mixed bag in terms of experience.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
DnD 5e
PST evenings and afternoons
Discord
>Contact Info
finaljas90#2355
>Additional Notes
Looking to scratch my 5e itch. Can be anything really, I just want to play a game.

bump

How important is experience with OWoD specifically?

Invite's expired. Was that intentional?

Doesn't matter at all. I'm just using the system basically, since writing up something from scratch would be a pain and also scare off a lot of people.

>GM/Player
Player
>System Preferred
Starfinder
>Times available
Evening/night EST (But not too late I have a bedtime at 12)
>Method of Play
Pref Discord/Roll20
>Contact
shin#1916

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Degenesis (homebrew campaign)
>Times available
pretty flexable
>Method of Play
mumble/discord/skype w/e & roll20
>Contact
just seeing if people would be interested in this?

BeepBoopBoop#9621

Degenesis or Degenesis Rebirth?

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE SHADOWRUN GAMES FUCK

Nobody wants to run SR nigger, deal with it.

I just want to play a game, is that too much to ask for?

Do these group finder threads ever work out or is it a lost cause?

A mix of both.

You could always try RunnerHub on Reddit.

I'd run shadowrun but I have self confidence issues and have never GMed before

I've found a couple of long term players and good friends from these threads.

And for each of those two I've found about ten flakey weirdos who can't don't show up to sessions and conduct themselves embarrassingly when they do.

No campaign I've joined from here has lasted past session 2.

You should be fine if you are with some people who are enthusiastic about playing. I am one of those people for one.

I guess. I'm also a player in two groups though, and I'm trying to focus on being more involved IRL in college, as well as actually getting good grades this semester. I dunno if I could balance it, and I'd hate to have to just cancel midway on people.

I mean I won't force you but I would love to play SR should you get a campaign up and running.

Worked for me ;^)

I'm running a campaign of almost 2 years from this thread and I've made a pool of good, reliable players along the way.

Gamefinder is what you make of it.

>Always wanted to run degenesis but was always too worried I won't be good enough
>end up running 3 other games during that time
>at a whim I look at GF because why not
>someone is running degenisis

I sent you a invite via discord I work nights but I make sure to get back to you if you say something once I wake up

If your going to college don't do it shadowrun as a whole will take a lot of time and you need to keep in mind for a lot of things the players might do along with things like hacking and astral space. its very possible to run without some of that stuff but I don't think its a good idea to do it unless you can set time aside of run setup.

just do a one shot and see how it goes

>GM/Player
GM
>System
D&D 5e
>Time
Aiming for 8-9PM EST, Tuesdays.
>Method of Play
Roll20 (text roleplay), Discord (OOC, combat, etc)
>Contact Info
Ral#7222
>Additional Notes

Been itching to DM a generic high fantasy D&D game again, after my 3 year campaign ended earlier this year. I've been using Greyhawk for a decade plus so I think it's time to give FR a shot.

With that in mind, I'm not terribly knowledgeable when it comes to FR. I've played the video games, read some books -- but that's about it.

If you're a Faerun scholar you might get triggered; I may be using a lot of "muh spellplague" to describe changes to things I know nothing about.

If you're still interested, hit me up on Discord. Voice isn't a necessity (although preferred), so long as you can hear me. Most of the roleplay will be done in text.

Tuesday is the set day. Time is up in the air but late afternoon/night EST is what I'm aiming for.

May be weekly or bi-weekly or week-by-week basis, we'll see.

Oh god, that spacing. Please forgive me.

no

Rebirth ofc

sweeeet

I didn't say but probs worth noting my timezone is GMT

>GM/Player
GM and 1 player.
>System Preferred
Exalted 3e reflavored for Abyssals.
Weekend afternoons, Saturday or Sunday, whichever works better. Burgertime (Probably EST)
Discord for voice, Roll20 for IC
>Contact Info
Vladtheimplier#8418 on Discord
>Additional Notes
Our old group fell apart due to scheduling conflicts, and I'm looking for 2-3 more people ideally. As of now, all we have for players is a Midnight caste.

Hi, I'm:
Yours seems like it's a good fit for me. I sent a Discord friend request

>>GM/Player
Player
>>System Preferred
Gamma World, Ars Magica, Darksun, wraith the oblivion, possibly anything else similar.
>>Times Available (with timezone!)
Basically any.
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Any that'll work
>>Contact Info
[email protected]
>>Additional Notes
I'm a bit of an ass hole, I want to do voice only if possible. I not so good with the writing.

Sent you a request

>Aiming for 8-9PM EST, Tuesdays.
Those are really short sessions, how do you get anything done?

If I GMed my shitty homebrew of powered-down OSR-like 5e would anyone be interested?

I wouldn't. If you want an OSR-like game, why not just run OSR?

>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
We'll be playing Pathfinder, with some home rules.
>Times Available
As a PBP forum based game, this doesn't really apply, but daily is the optimal posting rate.
We'll be playing play by post on a myth-weavers forum, which I'll link below. Don't be intimidated by the platform, it's just a forum with some character sheet tools and dice mechanics.
>Contact Info
Herodian#8278 on Discord, for immediate contact, or the actual game forums on Mythweavers for applications and related questions.

Said Mythweaver's Forums; myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=410434
>Additional Notes

The game is a sandbox, set in a mid/low fantasy world with slightly more grounding in reality than most fantasy settings, though with the exceptions of beast-men and wild-elves. The setting draws from all over history, and from many other low fantasy settings, but, I hope, is more than unique enough to keep you all occupied. All sorts of pursuits abound in the world, and all sorts of threads have been laid for you to follow, from exploring ancient Forest-Folk ancestor-temples to aiding the beleaguered Imperial forces to push back an oncoming Elven Warpath. I will try my best to cater for whatever aim your character has, and I look forward to expanding the world ever onward as players come and go. If this sounds like your kind of thing, come have a look.

If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to answer, I just need more folks.