Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

fun wholesome thread edition

>Death Guard stuff, including cool video and some stats/abilities for Mortarion
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/03/mortarion-and-the-death-guard-next-weekend/

>Next 3 codexes, Necromunda and Chapter Approved stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for worst Primarch.

> tfw I2 posting is no longer relevant

The new Death Guard video art was done by Laura from the community team.

Say thanks to Laura!

Leave Mortarion to me!

Yeah, that's the Gauss barrel.

Nth for Eldar are cutest faction

baby tonks are cute and useful

Thanks Laura!

Could anyone please advise me on how to paint models like this?

*lewdest

Better your heart ready again, Morty.

wonder how she got that job, must be her incredible draftsmanship

So, suppose that the Emperor is killed, and he becomes a new Chaos God of the warp:
>>What are his Domains?
>>What happens to Terra?
>>What happens to Gulliman?
>>What happens to things like Celestine and the Legion of the Damned?
>>Does he still care about humanity?

But can it fire the lasgun arrays while it's in there?

True, but they are just tracked bombs.

Yes, hello, are my Slaaneshi Heldrake's wings loud enough?
And if not how can I make them LOUDER?

ACTIVATE COUNTER-POST STRATAGEM

IN ADDITION, ACTIVATE RE-ROLL FAILED POSTS STRATAGEM

END TURN

Did Laura have a nasty cold when she drew this? Her nose is quite red!

I'm going to field them as commanders anyway.
oregano.

Silver with a green wash?

That will look amazing when it's put together

they are fully functional battle tanks! Fear them!

Thanks Laura!

I'm beginning to think I ought to have primed with rust brown. Oh well too late now!

Unfortunately, the Cyclops Demolition Vehicles may not be transported in vehicles anymore.

You used to be able to drop them from Valyries, too.

Although the best option would be to take them and put them in a Chimera, then put the Chimera in a Capitol Imperialis. (If you could find a model for it.)

>we should make space marines...INSIDE...space marines

They seem to be grey washed with very thin coats of green.

It was barely adequate, Laura!

> Not using 2% milk to water down your paints

It's like you guys don't even want a golden demon

So, if I am taking Minimal squads in a low level game, which is better for Ynnari; Wychs or Kabalites? Keep in mind I will also be running Wraithguard and Yvraine.

We will start at 500 pnts, and get 150 pnts each week. I plan on adding a Wave Serpent, a Warlock, a Wraith Lord, and either a squad of Harlequinns or Blood brides. Thoughts?

huh?

Wouldn't that smell disgusting?

Thanks to Laura

>Local tournament was yesterday
>guy who always brought standard Eldar jetbikes netlist and usually placed in 7th comes
>was always the kinda guy who said everyone else should get gud and that he's gonna bring the strongest list he can because he likes to win
>game two he plays against a fluffy chaos player
>turn two chaos player has killed all but one wave serpents and FW tanks with predators and other shinanigans
>starts getting mad and says how bullshit it is
>packs up and leave, says he won't be back until eldar's codex releases
Holy fuck I love 8th

>Cyclops Demolition Vehicles
I've heard raving about these things, what do they do, super smite as they explode?

>>we should make space marines...INSIDE...space marines

I'm more upset by the lack of cyclops operator rules.

They were largely pointless, but I liked having a dude with a laspistol and video game controller running around.

I heard typhus's (not morty's, i know about them)new stats had been released/leaked, is this true?

I don't really love Wyches unless you buy a Raider for them. Kabalites are the better option on foot I think.

Th-Thank you laura!

Nth for best alpha strike unit.

D6 range blast in the shooting phase that does not count as a shooting attack.

2D6 automatic-hits to every unit within that range.

Strength 8 AP-2.

Basically it will kill or severely maime anything it touches.

It also has toughness 6, 4 wounds, and 10" movement on top of this.

Psyker worth bringing if nothing else but Smite and giving cons a 4+ save?

Well, in truth, the Kabalites and Wyches are there as a distraction mostly, and as a way to trigger Soulbursts. The idea is that they have to deal with the Wyches before they close into combat, freeing up my Scourges(Forgot to mention) and Wraithguard to let loose with the fire power.

How? The inferno pistols don't have the range to hit after deep striking.

He is already an ascended warp deity, the body on the throne is just an anchor and medium. This is common fucking knowledge it's like your dumbass newfag ass didn't see the hundreds of times people discussed Guillumans meeting with the Emperor from Dark Imperium on here.

Sure. I really love Psykers.

I'd bring them to everything if I could. Gimme those weird boyz, those sorcerers, those librarians, those farseers and more.

I want them all!

Strength 9 actually.

Whoops, my bad. But yes.

No, he isn't. If the Emperor is a god, then Drach'nyen wouldn't a mortal threat to him.

24" move.

Grayfax worth the extra points?

Right, im probably gonna be facing Genestealers sometime in the future, i have never faced them, but this guy likes his tyranids and likes taking Guard with his genestealers. Any tips for what to take in an IG army to deal with his genestealers?

It's a threat to the body. I guess you think Khaine isn't a god since his avatar gets whooped by las guns. Use your fucking brain for once in your life you stupid piece of shit

Just for being a psychic cockblock? Sure.

Which would you pick?

duncan

Sarah can do Slanessh things to me all night.

They're all idealised versions of the irl person so it doesn't really matter

Drach'nyen when it stabbed him in the chest started drinking his soul and it would have drained it all if he didn't remove it. It's at threat to every aspect of him.

Duncan.

Drach'nyen, as of 30k, is the single most powerful Warp entity that isn't one of the Chaos Gods. It's the perfect antithesis to Emps because it is the End of Empires and he is the Emperor, and metaphors have real power in the Warp. Gods can die in this setting; Ask any Eldar. He's stretched thin from 10,000 years of holding the literal gates to hell shut through sheer willpower alone.

But no, he'd be fine. 'Tis but a scratch!

Thank you all!

N-Nani?!

Retconned in the novel.

Do you guys fluff your converted HQs or squads at all? And if so do tell.

My electroservitors are a consequence of my Genetors fighting on Konor against the Death Guard. Since their biological constructs proved to be somewhat more vulnerable to warp plagues than the mechanical soldiers of the conventional Mechanicus, the Renegade Archmagos came up with something interesting.

He acquired the bodies of fallen Khornate champions, mighty mortal and Astartes alike, and made war-servitors of them. Those without the gene-bulked muscle of a Space Marine were carved apart to insert crude slabs of vat-grown meat, which served to boost their strength if not durability to required levels.
Armed with superheated weapons to prevent infected fluid splashing from wounded Nurglites, these new creations formed the primary assault troops for the creation of a new observation beachhead, as Khorne's favour still protects these savaged creatures from the worst of Nurgle's afflictions. Of course, they don't last long, but in a warzone this apocalyptic there's no shortage of fresh converts.

Just got done with this bad mother fucker, what are you working on Veeky Forums?

>Gods can die in this setting

By the hands of other gods, not by daemons.

>No fatties allowed

>Y-Y-You're a bitter shitter, Morty. You don't even have the respect of your own legion.

Survey time!
In a diplomatic effort of mutual further understanding we learn about the differences and similarities that make us all wonderful!
So let's start
>what army do you play?
>why did you start playing this army?
>do you prefer a swift early game victory/loss or a slow grinding slog to the end?
>do you do a handshake or say GG after a game?
>do you regularly convert your models or do you usually build them as is in the instructions?
>are you a boy or girl?
>how many games of 40k do you play a month?
>what is one change in the lore you'd like to make for your faction?
>if a guy acts feminine, or a girl acts masculine, and dress regularly in the clothes of the opposite sex, but only date people of the opposite sex, how gay are they?

Nice mini and nice desk user. Hope you get a codex soon so that he can DESTROY.

Are you happy with your choice?

Lol, an *actual* god tried that during the most vulnerable point there was and failed miserably.

I want to thin my paints with him.

A god is merely a daemon with a fuck load of power.

>Close combat race
>M 5"

Ask the C'tan how harmless non-gods are. While you're at it, try to refute my other points, too.

And tell me, what's the line between the single most powerful warp entity in the universe that isn't one of the Four and a God save for interpretation?

delet this

Some minor god, then. They pointed a clade of warbots, a couple tanks and two score fancy bolters at it and it fled and ran, nearly disincarnated.
I suspect it would be roasted fairly easily if a Titan like the ones outside the Eternity Gate got a shot at it.

Meme figures are usually stupid to me... For some reason Plague Rick is now my head cannon for that mini.

This big fuckin thing.

They didn't get the baby face very well. He looks quite a bit older here.

Kek, that's from the codex released just a few days ago. Mortarion's the single biggest cuck of the Primarchs, and that's saying something.

>Guard
>March - 2016
>Depends, i like both as long as the game is fun.
>Handshake
>instructions
>Boy
>anywhere between 4 and 16
>not being sidelined as much
>like, half gay

A Leman Russ for Armies on Parade, already got my board finished.

Why does Sarah have the "mega milk" face?

>a bigger cuck than Perky Perty
Lmao IWDF is out in force again

>the novel
The novel is now two codex releases out of date. It was made irrelevant almost immediately after release.

Plague Rick!

C'tan are not gods. They are just xenos that happen to be star parasites.

>what's the line between the single most powerful warp entity in the universe that isn't one of the Four and a God save for interpretation?

Having its own domain and the ability to spawn shards of itself?

Oh you know why user.

Where there does it say that Khorne manifested and tried to kill Emps one-on-one? Because when we're talking about whether Drach'nyen could hurt Emps, how Bloodthirsters do vs. Bobby G is meaningless.

>N-Nani?!
What did he mean by this?

Oh my god that is fucking amazing

you poor man, i to am working on my sector imperialis. so much paint.

Naomi for sure.

Now never show me a real pic of her. Let me believe.

>what army do you play?
DG and Necrons. Working on the murderbots atm then gonna upgrade the DG to 8th
>why did you start playing this army?
They matched my playstyle; slow advancing death and also the lore
>do you prefer a swift early game victory/loss or a slow grinding slog to the end?
Depends how late it is
>do you do a handshake or say GG after a game?
Both, even with regular friends
>do you regularly convert your models or do you usually build them as is in the instructions?
Both. Special dudes get special treatment
>are you a boy or girl?
Boy
>how many games of 40k do you play a month?
1-4
>what is one change in the lore you'd like to make for your faction?
Nothing for the DG since they're 'my dudes', but for necrons I'd a Silent King return and a slapping around of tau and tyranids. I would like to see more necrons teaming up against tyranids too
>if a guy acts feminine, or a girl acts masculine, and dress regularly in the clothes of the opposite sex, but only date people of the opposite sex, how gay are they?
>opposite sex
Not gay