Knowledge Domain only for good guys in Eberron?

I'm playing a 'knowledge is power' themed Rouge/Assassin/Duskblade in 3.5 set in Eberron.

I have Knowledge Devotion and what to max it out by taking Arcane Disciple & Lore of the Gods.

From what I can find, the ONLY knowledge domain god in Eberron is Aureon, correct?

I'm not playing a strictly evil assassin and Eberron is lax on alignment in general but but someone like the Shadow seems like a better fit thematically. The theme of the character is a skilled Changeling, Rouge/Assassin with a fascination with knowledge and magic, who believes a knife in the right man's back can do more good than two dozen righteous paladins but is also conflicted if he just tells himself that to justify is own actions.

------------------------------------------

Arcane Disciple: Choose a deity, and then select a domain available to clerics of that deity. You can learn to cast the spells associated with that domain as arcane spells. Prerequisite: Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, able to cast arcane spells, alignment matches your deity's alignment.

Lore of the Gods: +5 insight bonus on all Knowledge checks. If you worship a deity who grants access to the Knowledge domain, the bonus is +10 rather than +5—even if you did not choose that domain.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for interest

>This OP pic
>themed Rouge/Assassin/Duskblade
>in 3.5
>I want to worship an EVIL god
Neck yourself

Thanks, you curious about the build or simply the possible lack of any knowledge loving deity outside of the good guy god?

>The art was a quick google search for assassins
>u wot mate?
>inb4 edition wars for no reason
>Never said evil, just not good

The point he's making is that those elements in that combination are a red flag for potential That Guy.

Just convince the gm your easygoing and friendly.

>Not going full Duskblade
Kekest

Right, which is the sort of lively contributions to a thread I'd expect outside of Veeky Forums

I could do a whole post on backstory and character arcs, etc. but that's not really what this thread is about.

I could, if I wanted to make a Duskblade.

We have not arcane caster and no rouge, Duskblade is just helping fill some casting utility while helping me stab things better.

both to be honest, plus I've never run a rogue/assassin

1. It's rogue
2. A well done Duskblade is better rogue than rogue, which isn't hard taking into account how shitty rogue class is. Going full Duskblade is better than what you wan to do for what you want to do

Man, your wisdom and insight are unmatched. Everyone should always make the same optimized race/class/build. You must be fun to play with.

If you don't want people to give you advices don't ask for them

>Rouge
You're a living stereotype

>Rogue, only has knowledge (local) as class skill
>Assassin, no knowledges as class skill
>Duskblade, all knowledges
>Wants arcane disciple but only has LN god to pick
>Assassin requires to be Evil
>"I want to make a knowledgeable character of a knowledge domain God, what should I be?"
Well gee luis, I dunno

This.
The idea itself is ok, but the mechanics will fight you every step of the way. If the flavor is what you want, you can strap it to duskblade and be alright.
>optimized
>not dealing with the shitty multiclass system is optimizing

This might help
archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070401a
I still think multiclassing will hinder you a fucking lot, specially in the skill department.

Why do you think I took levels in Duskblade? I don't need to waste more levels in it if I can get this spell to work and have +10 to all knowledge checks.

Not taking any multi-class penalties

The skills will but Changeling Rouge build gives you 10+INT(3) so I'm not worried about it. The whole point is Duskblade gives me every knowledge, and this spell/feat combo will give me +10 to each. Making the skill cost manageable

>he thinks having lots of ranks will save him
Your max ranks for non class skills are half the nromal, even if you have infinite ranks you won't be able to spend them on knowledges as rogue/assassin

On top of that what's not to love of making shocking grasp on any attack ever without provoking and only spending 1 spell slot?

>Rouge
Bait

user, you don't keep those skills when you multiclass out, y'know, unless your DM houserules that, and if he did, you should have said what houserules you are operating under from the start.
Regardless, you are still bumping on Alignment problems.

Seems to fit well enough. Still dislike praying to a good god then killing people in the dead of night for flavor.

Not sure why this would be a problem at all. I'm taking 3 levels in Duskblade. Let's say I only ever take 1 rank in each knowledge.

+10(spell) +3(INT) +1(Rank) +1(Absent Minded trait) +5(Collector of Stories skill trick)

That's a guaranteed +2 to attack/DMG w/o using the skill trick and +3 on any roll over 10.

Roll over 10 & use the skill trick you have a +4Atc/DMG

Again, this is assuming you only ever put 1 rank in each.

>Aureon
>Good
He's LN

And sorry for the frustration but maybe I have not been on Veeky Forums in too long.

Didn't threads used to stay on point?

Every comment has been build critiques unrelated to the question asked.

I know how to build a rouge, a duskblade and many other things.

What I never build is clerics, paladins, etc. That's why I am floored to think there is only one god in all of Eberron who's worshipers would have Knowledge as a domain.

>Aureon
"Long ago, Aureon bound all the evil in his soul and banished it from his personage."

It's a fluff thing