Thin your paints thread?

Thin your paints thread?

This is a Primaris Apothecary, by the way. If the paint job has rendered it unrecognizable.

>buy £9001 model
>paint it with fingerpaints

Daily reminder everyone would be much happier if they spent only 25% of their total miniature budget on miniatures and the rest on getting them professionally painted

Yeah, but then I wouldn't get to paint them, and then what's the point?

Official ranking:
Gold standard tier:
Well painted army you made wholly yourself

Silver standard tier:
Well painted army you have outsourced some of the painting, basing or coversions of

Ok tier:
Basic tabletop requirements met by yourself

More money than skills tier:
Bought well made army

No money no skills tier:
Badly made army

Did you even try tier:
Basecoat applied, nothing else

Oh shit nigga tier:
Unpainted army

Burn in hell tier:
Not even wholly assembled, proxying with bare bases and tokens

Working on OK tier at the moment. Gittin' gud is hard. Hopefully I'll reach gold tier eventually.

What about
>Built and painted the army yourself, even though the end result is "there was an attempt"

I can hear his screams at night

>"You're fine by me, brother" tier

Looks like Angron tried to mockingly make/paint Fulgrim

Space Wolves, now with real fur

That fucking thing looks like it was coloured with pencil crayons

I feel like "DYET" tier should be above "NMNS" tier, I mean fuck, at least that guy would put his shit together and, Devil's Advocate here, maybe he's still not got a colour scheme picked out. It's excusable.

i just puked in my mouth

Nothing wrong with commissioning armies. Just pick a studio that isn't shit. You get army that actually looks good, painter gets to live their dream job. Its a win-win.

I'll take it over seeing armies painted like OP.

What's the official Veeky Forums standard for "well painted"?

Arbitrary, based on the reviewer's mood, the time of day, the current tier of the army you're painting and whether you're using Forge World or not. Admitting to buying real or recast Forge World will result in being shrieked at.

>paying full price for forgeworld

pathetic

If it's good enough that you wouldn't be embarrassed to admit you did it.

That's pretty much how it goes every time a FW model is posted, isn't it?

Given the errors and misalignment issues I've had in the past buying directly from them? and the time/cost of shipping if you aren't a Brit? It just doesn't ever feel like its worth your money. And say what you will about GW's choice of aesthetics lately but the actual quality of their kits is soaring over their Forgeworld counterpart granted I wouldn't even pay full price for their models either. eBay, trades, or bust muh nigga

i don't own a single piece of resin, FW or otherwis. I was just observing a trend.

This is unironically cool.

>buying counterfeit toys because you can't afford real ones
>caring how people waste their money
>not being able to find the shift key

Even more pathetic.

>not backed up for 2+ years
>isn't shit
>financially viable

Pick two.

How do this even happen. And why is it so glossy.

How do ones like this even happen? They're so round and glossy they look more like a kids clay sculpture than a messy model

One is actually from a professional mini painter, he uses a space marine to test out if a color scheme looks good and there's just dozens of layers of paint on it.

Hey! Buddy! I didn't know you were Canadian too!

is this what farsight's loyal nemesis would look like

>ITT: real people who dont know about the emperors pointy sticks.

What was that guy's name again? Brother something, the paint test subject.

>professionally painted

That's like paying someone to fuck your wife.

>Buying primaris
Stop being a cuckold user

Bitch I didn't buy it, I'm not wasting forty bucks on that, and you think I painted it like that while not at gunpoint?

>mfw there's someone going around buying Primaris HQs and forcing people to slap globs of house paint on them at gunpoint

By the Emperor, how horrifying!

How the fuck do you even get that thicc? Why would you share it online? I understand white is easier to get thick but jesus, you actually have to kind of try to get that bad. Also what don't newbies realize that you should always paint troops first?

Some people like to spend hours and hours every weekend painting tiny mans with tiny paint brushes, and some people like to play the game. It's okay to be in the first camp, user. There's no need to get mad.

Duncans evil clone. THICC UR PAINTS!

classic.