media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
What's the stupidest question you've ever seen a player ask you/your DM during a game?

Other urls found in this thread:

sageadvice.eu/2017/09/03/tortles-as-a-playable-race-confirmed/
media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Eberron_v1.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey Veeky Forums! Mike Mearls here, just here to inform you that this month's UA is an alternate Lifestyle Expenses table.

2/10, too much overlap with the Downtime UA. Try again.

No no senpai, you've got to think even MORE useless, that could still be used for westmarches campaigns.

It also isn't nearly as condescending as the last two.

How about a guide on how reflavor spells?

I'd prefer an alternate-lifestyle expenses table.
How am I supposed to know the price per day of the homosexual lifestyle if I don't have official rules for it?

Where's my Food and Provisions, you hack?

How do you do outdoor adventures right?

Next UA is three revised subclasses

Screencap this

>Once per week make a DC18 fort save or die from AIDS

Are we /pfg/ now?

UA: Fishing and Basket-Weaving

No, the OP's filename is relevant to us letting the thread die. We are not posting animus.

UA: Coming Up With Character Middle Names

I'd be okay with this

Do your female Dwarves have beards, /5eg/?

If not, please explain in less than 150 characters why you're such an insecure faggot.

Top kek

UA: Writing UAs
It's perfect because then they'll never have to write a UA themselves again

This has nothing to do with 5e. The only reason you're posting it here is because you're too much of a pussy to post it as its own thread and see it get ignored.

is that mug full of cum

>proving my point in less than two minutes
thx

Yes

Hey, you're the one who's so insecure and scared of rejection he has to piggyback popular threads. But keep projecting, I hear girls find that attractive.

They do actually.

But that's because of Terry Pratchett, not tolkien

>fort

What's Tolkien got to do with it? There isn't a single dwarfess in all of his books AFAIK. Do we even know if Tolkien's dwarfesses had beards?

Flowcharts instead of maps.

Exactly because its impossible not to die

why are femdwarves such huge slags

But which ones senpai?

UA: Sexually Transmitted Infections

Yeah, they were canonically identical to the men. Not, like. Warcraft female Dwarves with sideburns or a soul patch, like we usually see. But literally male Dwarves with a bagina.

Because all the male dwarves are so drunk they have to settle for quantity over quality

WotC monthly occurance:

>Oh boy it's a holiday today, better take the week off.

I think the general view has been that we won't be getting revisions until after Xanathars guide, because that's what they were prepping for. We're getting variant rules until then.

How do we know this?
I'm only asking because I'm a Tolkien nerd and feel like I need to know these sorts of things.

I'm unironically OK with this.

sageadvice.eu/2017/09/03/tortles-as-a-playable-race-confirmed/

But y tho

I like how they're hyping this like Tortles are THE RACE WE'VE BEEN MISSING ALL ALONG TO MAKE THIS TRUE D&D when I literally haven't heard of them until 5 minutes ago.
Give us warforged, you hacks.

Tortle

Anons, I want to make a viable tanuki race for an Oriental Adventures-inspired setting. Can I get any pointers on fixing this up?

Tanuki
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Constitution, +1 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet, Fly 15
Vision: Darkvision
Tanuki Trickery: You can cast the Minor Illusion cantrip with this trait. At 3rd level, you can cast Disguise Self as a 1st level spell once per long rest with this trait. In both cases, Charisma is used as the casting ability score.
Tanuki Transformations: You are a shapeshifter who can freely assume the form of an inanimate object and then revert to your normal form. As an action, you can transform into tools or a weapon by using this ability; you can’t move in such a form, but can be used by another character. In weapon form, attacks made with you count as magical for piercing damage resistance. In tool form, characters may use the tools as if they had proficiency in the requisite skill.
Tail Slap: Your Unarmed Strikes have a base damage of d4.
Hengeyokai: Tanuki, use the stats for a Raccoon.

>not wanting to play a teenage tortle rogue

Warforged was given like years ago?

The flying makes it a bit too good in problem solving/utility (among official races, only one can fly and IIRC it's banned from AL). This is especially true when combined with their transformation, which grants a lot of utility.
I know it's an important part of their identity, but since it's not actually Japan, I think you can afford to lose it. If you remove the flying, the race is fine.

Am I dumb

Hengeyokai: You belong to a race of magical beasts that can assume partially or wholly humanoid form, as well as revert to your true bestial shape when it suits you. As an action, you can shift into any one of your three forms.

Hybrid Form is your default form. It functions as normal for a character.

In your Human Form, you gain Advantage on all Charisma (Deception) checks made to pass yourself off as human. It otherwise functions as Hybrid Form.

In your Beast Form, which is determined by your race, your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast, but retaining your alignment, personality, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma scores. You also retain all of your skill and saving throw proficiencies, in addition to gaining those of the beast; if you and the beast have the same proficiency and the beast’s bonus is higher than yours, you use the beast’s bonus.

Changing shapes does not alter your current hit points, maximum hit points, or hit dice.

You can remain in any of these three forms as long as you wish, but must consciously choose to change shapes.

You can change shapes once at 1st level, twice at 5th level, and thrice at 11th level. You regain all expended uses of this trait when you complete a long rest.

If you have exhausted your uses of shapeshifting, you can revert back to hybrid form, but you cannot then change again into beast or human form.

You mean monk, probably?

Both races that can fly are banned from AL (SCAG tiefling varient and aarokocra)

This UA came out in 2015.
media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Eberron_v1.pdf

No, I meant artifacer :^)

Officially, Way of Shadow monk.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I wish people would stop parroting this.

It was the first UA, and everythjng in it was shit.

Warforged only gof +1+1 asi, and two features
>One feature gave them +1 AC
>Other feature was basically flavor, only need to slerp for 4 hours, donf need to eat or drink, immune to disease.

Who the fuck keeps track of food or uses diseases?

Get rid of the fly speed
I'd change the stat bonuses to +2 Charisma and +1 Dexterity, it fits better
Why is their weapon only affecting piercing resistance?
What if I want to try to determine the difference between their object form and another object?
Is your last point trying to get across the idea that they can transform into raccoons?

I'm making a female Firbolg Nature Cleric who carries a tree trunk on her back (complete with a variety of woodland creatures living within) which she uses as a greatclub (after the critters have evacuated), but I need a reason why this is her weapon.

Preferably combined with her reason for leaving her forest.

Any ideas, homies?

>shapeshifting as a racial
Fuck off

Hmm, what if flight is removed as a default racial trait and made a feat-unlockable trait? Would that be okay?

Do you really need a reason other than it's fucking nature?

It was the last tree from the forest she came from, and she is keeping it alive so that she can replant it as the first tree in a new forest.
Make it so that she saved it from lumberjacks or a forest fire or something and it contains as many animals from her forest as she could.
She is the only remnant of her forest left and carries it with her everywhere she goes

>rogue
>inb4 they have -2 dex
Do you think they will have +1 wis or str? +2 con seems like a given

It was struck by lightning, its an omen and as soon as your master saw it he knew your path.

It's saying that, in weapon form, you can hit creatures that can only be hurt by magic weapons.

>she is keeping it alive so that she can replant it as the first tree in a new forest.
>BETTER GO WHACK SOME ORCS WITH IT!

As a non degererate who plays AL in a (mostly) non degerate group I'm happy to help

I totally forgot that was a thing.

+1 AC is more than enough to make up for 1 ability point and a situational ribbon or two.

They do exist!

Maybe it leaves seedlings in the corpses of every orc beat to death with it

>roleplaying? character development? motivations? backstory? that's all fucking gay I just want to fight dudes lmao can we roll for initiative already

Neck yourself.

It really isn't enough, amd I'd rather have a racd with multiple features than 1 mechanically good but biring feature.

That sounds better to me
We are rare but we exist besides the odd character who shows up I think we're mostly just normal D&D players

>tortles die within a year of mating
>not playing a tortle wizard that abstains from sex to have time to gain more wizard powers

>missing the point
A nature cleric hitting people with a tree is thematic enough already, it doesn't have to be muh special last tree

>Implying 80% of /5eg/ don't pick a race based solely on mechanical strength

a consistent visual theme doesn't make things automatically make sense.

>has a prime opportunity to add another layer to characterization
>doesn't do it because?????
y r u here

>"In weapon form, attacks made with you count as magical for piercing damage resistance"
Yeah, ok, but why just piercing damage? Typically piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning are all grouped together

I really like that!

She's got a trunk on her back full of as many critters as she could save, and a pocketful of seeds from all the unique trees and plants in the forest, and she's looking to begin a new grove somewhere. That's real sweet. C:

No problem, my dude. It's what I would've done

A possible issue is that using it as a weapon may just make it unlivable for the critters, especially if you fight something with a lot of fire

I could get better mechanically with Vuman

+1 AC isn't really all that great.

"Piercing," as in "penetrating," as in "breaking through," as in "you deal full damage to creatures with resistance to non-magical weapons."
I agree, though, that user should use a different word to avoid confusion.

You can do better than anything with Vuman. It should never be used as a point of reference.

>has a prime opportunity to not shitpost
>doesn't do it because?????
y r u here

Is being a Wizard of the Theurgy Tradition fun?

We added Warforged "subraces" for that reason.
Colossus +1 Con, Powerful Build
Inforcer +1 to any, Can Reroll any Hit Dice
Interceptor +5 Speed, 13 Natural AC, Darkvision

What is a changling, shifter, or any of the myriad other shape changers in D&D for 200, Alex?

Do you want to be a wizard but also have all the cleric's cool shit?

How much fun you have depends more on the group than your class, but Theurgy is one of those things where you can get so powerful as to spoil other people's fun

Who are "we" because wotc didn't

Also rerolling hit die seems weak af.

His group presumably

Hey, I didn't say the tree trunk getting destroyed wasn't a possible timeline! The fun will be protecting it.

Have you looked at how shifters are represented in 5e?

Indeed my group. Works ok, but we aren't sticklers for the rules. Just putting it out their cuz the thought if differing Warforged models might appeal to others.

You might talk with your DM about getting enhancements for it instead of magic items. It always sucks when you have to choose between a mechanically stronger and a thematic item (i.e. everybody who goes out adventuring with their dad's sword)

real life is killing our run, how do you deal with complicating schedules and responsibilities in your games?

in the time we've been playing this campaign several players have gotten jobs, changed jobs or even moved to other countries.

UA: Performance types and Entertaining guide.

>Unearthed Arcana: The Current Political Affairs of the Forgotten Realms

Things that don't really change their form all that much? Changeling transformation is essentially cosmetic. Shifter "transformation" is less impactful than barbarian rage.
Not sure what "myriad other shape changers" you might be referring to.

My friends are all losers. So they play on my schedual, aside from that I provide the books, snacks, meet place, and am forever DM. But it's all worth it when they tell me "Meh, I guess it was ok"
>lifeispain.jpeg

Fun fact, that wasn't ever a thing. It's a meme that came from a joke. So tell me, how are the cobwebs that deep in the closet?

closet??

What are some good low level enemies for my upcoming pulp hollow earth campaign? Lizardmen and dinosaurs are a given. I kind of want to avoid goblins and orcs.

Yah theyre made by gay spiders and keep the funny gay skeletons in place

DMs, if your player wanted a single cantrip at level one (ex Booming Blade), but didn't want to go vuman or high elf, would you let them give up a racial feature for it?

Every underdark monster in the book. Ropers are best.

Depends on cantrip, their class, and what racial feature.

Mutant freaks, ala Mystara's Beast-Men (ancestors to orcs, goblinoids, ogres and other humanoids).

Savage cave-men.

Man-apes.

Worm-people.

Morlocks.

Grimlocks.

Vegepygmies.

Giant bugs.

Sorry, but those are the first things to come to mind, based on my own experience with 80s' Lost Worlds and Mystara's Hollow World.

Yes, if it would make that player happier ofc

sadly i just used a roper in my last campaign, I don't think anyone will fall for it

these are great. thanks!