Lore wise what is the best color to be?

Lore wise what is the best color to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/true-blue-revisited-2015-07-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

White certainly has its privileges.

I'm usually pretty blue, myself.

Depends on what you value in life, probably.

Depends on the plane you're on.

Balanced planes like Ravnica and Tarkir have no specific favored colors, whereas other planes do. If you're on Kaladesh, you might want to show off your red side considering that a faction of passionate, freedom-loving rebels just took power. On Theros, if you want to live in a civilized polis, you better be at least a little white otherwise you won't fit in and you'll need to live in the dangerous wilderness instead. So on and so forth.

If it ain't white, it ain't right

>Balanced planes like Ravnica have no specific favored colors

?

lore-wise, no color is supreme over the other
although certain colors benefit society over others

white, green, and blue seem to be better suited for average joes
grixis lacks green and white and is devoid of all non-demon, non-undead, non-necromancer life
jund is slightly better, since it has life, albeit unpleasant
esper is allowed actual society, but its a byzantine, decadent, and corrupt and looks like the magical version of peak-oil
naya is hippie tribe land, where people live an idyllic life, only occasionaly marred by being stepped on by a giant creature, or being eaten by a savage animal
bant is ruled by angels and knights, and despite lawful stupid tendencies, is probably the nicest place of the 5 to live in

AHURR DURR HURR DURR

>tfw white/green/blue player

am I just an average joe to you? :c

White is generally beneficent. Though it also tends to be authoritarian.
Blue is supposedly devoutly intellectual, but it is also the color of back-stabbing assholes. (pirates, rogues.)
Black is death, but also surviving it and gaining power.
Red is freedom, but power rules in absolute freedom.
Green is growth, but also luddite naturalism, disease and predation abound.

In general, they all have their downsides. White tends to be the best for a simple, civilized life.

But, me. Give me the tools to create my own world. I choose artifacts.

>kids card game
>lore
Kek, whatever helps you sleep at night

I hope you also find whatever media you prefer to consume satisfying, friend.

>I choose artifacts

You can't 'choose artifacts' unless you're literally a robot. Making extensive use of tools and knowledge for progress is literally Blue.

Ravnica isn't dominated by blue at all, at best you could say red/blue just because Niv-mizzet is the strongest guy there, but all the guilds and colors have their fair share of control.
Innistrad is full of black almost everywhere but Ravnica isn't oozing with blue.

If colorless gets to be a color now, fucking artifacts can be a color.

Okay, you can be compleated or processed, whatever floats your boat.

Ayyyyy

All the Guilds share control, but you're forgetting some major things.

Firstly, that the guilds themselves only make up a small portion of the plane's population. The vast majority of the people there aren't dealing with that much influence, especially outside of the tenth district.

Secondly, Ravnica is literally entirely urbanized. Blue is the color of progress, and the plane itself is quite advanced in that regard. It's buildings upon buildings upon buildings. The Izzet maintain a vast quantity of public works and technology, and even the official government of the Plane has enough bureaucracy that the populace as a whole must be relatively well educated.

Lastly, what color is the Living Guildpact?

Ravnica is most certainly dominated by Blue.

Colorless is still not a color, it just has a mana symbol to make certain colorless spells harder to cast from a gameplay perspective.

There's still no philosophy behind colorless. It is inherent to things that don't cover the spectrum of the other colors, and are either unknowable or generic.

But this?

>Give me the tools to create my own world.

This is the most Blue outlook one could have in regards of choosing artifacts. Blue is the artifact color. Blue is the emotionless color that's more than happy to use technology in order to advance its own ends.

You picked Blue, and you're now doing the incredibly Blue thing of insisting you're above it all.

There's artifact manipulation in all colors.

Hell, a few sets centered on it entirely.

Blue designs, red forges, white inspires, black finds the weakness, and green recycles.

Though, really, without an Urza card, we can't really say Blue is the artifact color. Though, apparently Mishra was R/U/B

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/true-blue-revisited-2015-07-20

>Artifacts—As the color that loves technology, blue is the color that has the closest tie to artifacts. It both uses them the most and has the easiest time manipulating them.

>Man-Made Items—Blue is the color willing to manufacture whatever is needed. Blue cares in the function of an item, not its origin.

>Construction/Technology—Blue believes strongly in the importance of tools, so it is on the cutting edge of the resources needed to create them.

Blue is the Artifact color.

White/Red-Boros 4 life