Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

From the curse of the Carnac, OUR EMPEROR, DELIVER US.edition

From the blasphemy of the Carnac, OUR EMPEROR, DELIVER US sub-edition

>Death Guard stuff, including cool video and some stats/abilities for Mortarion
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/03/mortarion-and-the-death-guard-next-weekend/

>Next 3 codexes, Necromunda and Chapter Approved stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sensei
youtube.com/watch?v=9QdnDO5aCM4
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first to deny first fors

r8

>++WE HAVE COME FOR YOU!!!++

Fucking idiots, stop splitting the crowd and let the other thread get a little closer to death before you make a new one

let's all agree we've fed Carnac enough and try and start this thread fresh, post some /comfy/ pictures of your faction to start this off right

Question: the Space Marine Codes says (pg. 200)
>If your army is led by a Space Marines Warlord, you may give one of the following Chapter Relics to a Space Marine CHARACTER in your army. Named characters such as Marneus Calgar already have one or more artefacts, and cannot be given any of the following relics.

Does this imply that every named character has a relic and thus cannot take one? If not, how to do I tell whether the equipment a character has counts as a relic? I'm trying to figure out whether it's legal to give Helbrecht the Crusader's Helm.

comfY picture 4 U

Nah that threads already dead, let Carnac have it
Stay new

The former. No Relics for named characters period. This includes dudes like The Emperor's Champion.

Kill yourself, let the shitposters fucking fester in the old shit

I'll give it a 4

>Explain.

Okay.

According to ADB forum posts and his new novel, If the Chaos Gods allow Abaddon to win and get the throne without him fully submitting to them, then he would not need them anymore. He would kick them out. They would exchange the old Emperor with a new one.

So here lays the deadlock. Abaddon won't submit and allow the Chaos Gods to win, and the Chaos Gods won't allow Abaddon to win and screw them over. They rather kill him before that happened, Moriana said that already. Eventually, either the Gods or Abaddon will lose this staring contest.

Abaddon is trying to break that deadlock and make the victory his own, not the Chaos Gods or anyones elses.

Thanks. It's a shame, but I guess it feels more fair.

>Does this imply that every named character has a relic and thus cannot take one?

Yes, if the unit in question is in the "named characters" bracket at the end of the codex then it cant take any relics. If you're taking Helbrecht then its better to give it to a Castellan.

Named Characters usually have their own equipment, which usually also has its own points cost and profile listed. Telion has his special bolter, Shrike has is lightning claw, etc...

But the rules boil down to "Named Characters cannot have Relics" with no exceptions. Generic characters can have them just fine, though.

Cute sisters>cutedar

Post models you autists

You want comfy? I've got your comfy right here.

Weeeee~

FOR FUCKS SAKE!

>According to ADB

This bit of fluff has never been from ADB, its been part of Abaddon's character since he was a thing.

shitposters go where the people go, you dumb fuck

Fucking kill yourself, take a knife and fucking jam it into your arterial vein

Do you guys think the emperor ever got laid before getting crippled?

What's stopping anyone from 3D printing all the overpriced figures?

Cute AdMech > all

Let me guess, this was linked in the last thread

Because 3D printing is even more expensive.

These guys are my favorite chapter, but I've never actually played them, do I'm going paint some up and rectify that, maybe even alongside a radical inquisitor or something.

With that in mind, what are some good space marine scale daemon weapons? Mechanically I'm going to take the burning blade and/or teeth of terra every battle to represent daemon weapons, but I'm not sure which ones might be a good base for conversion.

So, I'm gonna sperg out a bit. Bear with me, NPC screeching ahead.

I was comparing the superduperawesome units of several armies and man, the focus on Marines hit me in the face. Primarchs specifically outclass every other character else in the galaxy (discounting LOW daemons) so hard it's not even funny. It really isn't. Incarnated avatars of literal Eldar gods? Whatever. Strongest Ork alive? Chump change. The most cunning and skilled creature the Hive Mind can produce? You mean that dude who got owned by a literally who chaplain?

It honestly gets a little tiring. Pauldrons sell, and GW knows it, hell, they're largely responsible for it. And maybe it's just me -- I came over from WFB, where the Empire was just one of many factions with tons of different flavor and approaches -- first among equals at most. I expected the same from 40k, more or less, but the superiority of Marines is hammered in over and over and over in the fluff. Primarch action figures cannot even be approached in their awesomeness, Ultramarines have more named characters than other factions have units, and everything any other faction's characters can do, a Marine somewhere can do better.

I dunno. There's not much to be done about it, especially since GW have said that 8th will double down on Imperium vs Chaos Marines with everything else in the corner. I don't really begrudge SM and CSM players either, it's not like they write the fluff and crunch. But it really feels like GW are wasting the potential of 40k and devaluing the setting by having humans be first, second and third.

yes, it was

nice/10. I did pretty much the same swaps.

Make sure to grab a Mk4 hat for Cassius, too.

All Abaddon related discussion is moot since it is built on a basis of 1 < 2. We all know there is no way Abaddon could be stronger than Horus, so this discussion is pointless, as Horus has already been beaten by the Emperor with the full attention and backing of all Chaos gods.

The quality of 3d printers isn't high enough

As we know already, the Emperor failed mankind. His pathway to salvation is no more. There has to be another. That's what Abaddon is doing. Chaos cannot be defeated from the outside, countless races tried and failed. Chaos can only be defeated from within. This was never tried before.

Enter the Horusians the so called villains of the Resurrection series. The Horusians believe that the only way Chaos can be defeated is by finding a dark figure such like Horus who can enslave and command the Chaos Gods. Abaddon is the closet thing to this figure. A guy who deals with the Chaos Gods and yet retains his own will.

This makes the most sense. Its a go!

He canonically did, on multiple opportunities.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sensei

The real question is if he got laid after.

IMPERIAL CITIZENS: THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM YOUR SUPERIORS.
IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE A WITNESS TO THE SO-CALLED "CARNAC-SHITPOSTING-PHENOMENON" YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO SPAM THE FUCK OUT OF HIM WITH YOUR FAVOURITE PICTURES OF IMPERIAL WARRIORS; FROM THE LOWLY GUARDSMAN TO THE MIGHTY SPACE MARINE
FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN EXECUTION; YOU KNOW YOUR DUTY, CITIZENS.

>ALSO; NO XENOS OR CHAOS ALLOWED

Looks like we found the fucking problem then didn't we

How are taurox primes?
I know they are spammed in tourneys but the meta there is very different from casual play, I just got two for a super cheap price and was wondering how the preformed and what support they appreciate

WHFB has some flaming sword bits of the appropriate scale. As for Daemon weapons, WHFB and AoS minis also have a good deal, especially AoS's new Khorne line. Although a Bloodletter's sword is probably a pretty good generic one.

>Fucking GW trying to charge me $35 for a single goddamn Primaris HQ
>instead of just kitbashing my own out of cut up $1 Primaris starter models I can get on eBay or forking over $28 at a 20% off store or $5 to a recaster, I'll show GW by paying $300 and somehow finding the 3D files to print my own exact replica!

I'm curious how the company will adapt once that is no longer the case.

LOL Bobby will destroy chaos, soon he will rekt Mortarion, and then rest of chaos.

>linking to the old thread
>putting a subject line
Do people not know how to make a post shitposting thread?

They hit on 3+ and are real fuckin' fast. They also mount three amazing guns. And with how cheap they are you can just run them around without thinking too hard about anything.

As far as light vehicles go they are arguably the best in the game.

Aggressive destruction of 3d files online

I made a thread without linking, this one just got here first

A) Abaddon was the Emperor Kryptonite

B) Horus fell to Chaos. Abaddon never fell. Abaddon will is his own. Refer to the ADB post here The Chaos Gods are enraged at Abaddon because they cannot break him as they did with Horus. Remember that Primarchs are mentally human. Flawed and broken things. The Space Marines are inhuman and less fallible than men.

That's not a problem with Primarchs, although Guilliman really needs to cost 3 CP instead of giving 3CP, but a problem with everything you listed.

Avatars have been jobber Worfs for decades. That's a problem. Fix it by making them better.

Ghazghkull ISN'T supposed to be as impressive as a Primarch. It's like you don't even know anything about the Horus Heresy or the historical warlords and giant orks they used to face. Either give Orks a good big unit like Gorkanauts, or give them hulking monstrosities on par with Primarchs, but you won't solve this by making Ghazshit equal to a Primarch because he's NOT. His marine equivalent would be someone like Calgar, not Guilliman.

Same with Tyranids. Their titans need to be better, and Swarmlord isn't supposed to suck as much as he does. They already have units that can kill Primarchs as well.

Your post is just "FUCK PRIMARCHS" using other races as an excuse.

>tfw you split fire your Farseer guided Fire Dragons and annihilate a Swarmlord and Tyrannofex in one shooting phase.

E F F I C I E N T

>when this image reminds you MM probably is off hiatus
Well I just realized I have better things to do than this thread

it wasn't you dumbfuck

Not canon. Known Perpetuals such as Alivia Sureka have been shown to be sterile.

>I'M SO BIG AND TOUGH I'LL CONQUER THE GALAXY AND THE DARK GODS WILL NEVER SEE THIS COMING
>HELP BIG MEANIE SPACE ELVES
>THEY HAVE GUNS IT'S NOT FAIR

>Refer to ADB

:^)

What are some of the Tyranid must haves for your army?

There are a lot of try hards at my store so I don't want to get shit on constantly.

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAPAMSPAMSPAMPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM

IGNORE THE CARNAC
POST PRETTY PICTURES

>Implying the way isn't the Ultramarines
LMAO

Stonecrusher Carnifex, because it's the coollest model in the game.

THREE ATTACK CRAFT VS THREE PRIMARCHS.

>HELP ME FULGRIM AHHHH!
>MORTY NOOOOO!

>tfw you have 2 squadrons of basilisks and you can shoot one at a time at a unit until it dies then switch to another

AoS skipped my mind entirely, but they'd probably have perfect over the top daemon weapons, thank you!

So when this shows up?

>draw digital and traditional concept art for like 5 upcoming projects
>tfw too scared to show anyone because someone will rip it off and do it before I can

>Beyond Raukos was the smallest part of the Cicatrix Maledictum. The Great Rift was a broad band of energies stretched across space from one side of the galaxy to the other. It divided the Imperium neatly in two, shrouding the dense yolk of stars at the heart of the galaxy completely. The light was painful to observe. Though it appeared to be a natural stellar phenomenon, to look into it for any length of time showed a man things that he would rather not see.

>What Guilliman saw was a tragedy, the latest play in a war millions of years in the fighting. The last ten millennia, though an age in the lifetime of mankind, was a heartbeat of time, a single summer’s campaign. The magnitude of the war against Chaos, the empires lost and the peoples damned, awed the primarch. He had learned these things from the aeldari, though they were unwilling to tell him the complete story. But he knew far more than he had, of the War in Heaven, and of the conflicts between the ancient races.

>Against this all-devouring cosmic evil that had consumed species after species and brought man’s first stellar empire low, Guilliman’s father had set Himself. The scale of His self-appointed task was yet another thing the Emperor had not deigned to share with His sons.

>We constantly battle the sins of the fathers, thought Guilliman. That is no less true on an eternal scale than it is within the history of a single world. We suffer because of those that have gone before.

-Dark Imperium

Girlyman is daunted by the scale of the war against Chaos. He will fail like his father did.

>Abaddon was the Emperor Kryptonite

>HOLY SHIT SPACE ELVES ATTACKED BETTER COWER IN MY ROOM
>Lord Abaddon they've just been standing out in the open for hours, we know where they are and have the Vengeful Spirit parked overhead. Shouldn't we-
>SHUT THE FUCK UP I'M TOO BUSY SUCKING MY THUMB

Well this sucks.
My remaining bugs plus the 500 I got adds up to 1500-ish, but I can't make another detachment.

Too many troops for another patrol, too few HQ for a battalion, and too little for anything else. And forget any fliers or LoW, that requires me to sell a kidney go to Forgeworld.

Anyone else having army building woes?

Genestealers are potentially the best troop choice in the game, the swarmlord getting a free warptime every turn is great, trygons giving stealers and devilgants deepstrike is great, hormagants are the best unit in the game at tying up things, exocrines are hella shooty.

Malanthropes are mandatory.

I was thinking resin Night Lords skull MK4

THREE ATTACK CRAFT > Godlings.

>it wasn't
Is it hard being so fucking stupid you forget to look before posting? Neck yourself

Competetively? Genestealer Spam is the SHIT. Best HQ is the Broodlord or the Malanthrope (From forgeworld)
Exocrine is sick dakka.

Rule of Cool? Carnifexes are boss, I love me a big old swarm of termagaunts, and while his lore is ass I fucking love the Swarmlord model.

Honestly, Walkrants in general are the greatest fucking models ever, they just ooze of power and aesthetic.
Pic related is why I started with Tyranids. Didn't know nothing about the lore, fluff, who what the hell it was, but it just looked so fucking great.

No, I just kept buying Orks until I had everything I wanted, then I bought more

Mods are asleep, and this thread is already fucked, so post reaction pictures with tenuous relation to 40k
Ill start
>when the guard player maneuvers his conscripts poorly and you're able to multicharge your unit into their commissar

Unique conversions have always been, and will always be, the coolest models in the game.

>HOLY SHIT A PRIMARCH
>I CAN'T DEAL WITH THAT SHIT BETTER GO GET 'EM NOW
>HELP SPACE ELVES :(
>YOU LOT, GO KILL GUILLIMAN BEFORE HE KICKS MY ASS
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY'RE ALL DEAD
>I WANT MY MOMMY

Chaos is gaining ground in Konor. You guys think they will win?

This. Why I'm finishing my brothers abandoned Nids after my Orks are all painted

I'm surprised that a mouth breather such as yourself has the capacity for such long words as "arterial".
I'm impressed.

What's the best way to represent alpha legion hunter squads in 40k?
Infiltrating chosen with plasma or something?
Unfortunately chaos doesn't really have many subtle precision strike units

THREE. ATTACK. CRAFT.

>"We do not fear the coming of Chaos. It is the traitors that should fear US."

youtube.com/watch?v=9QdnDO5aCM4

Partially, but those examples are symptoms more than causes. My problem is that Primarchs are apparently the ceiling in how powerful, important or competent a character can get in 40k, and everything else is strictly below them.

Yeah, Avatar of Khaine and the Yncarne could be stronger. Hell, the Yncarne is comparatively spankin' new, nothing was stopping them. But he is not (and no Eldar character will ever be) stronger than a Primarch.

Ghazghkull is beneath the Beast who matched Vulkan, true. But Orkz get bigger and stronger as they fight and gain a following. In the future, if Ghaz managed to unify enough Orkz to put together a great WAAAGH of a never-before-seen scale he could match or surpass the Beast, and become stronger than any Primarch. But he won't.

Tyranids are a weaker example, because their deal isn't snowflake characters, but mindless hordes. Regardless, the best they have gets routinely owned to puff up the shilled character of the week. That is unlikely to change.

Primarchs annoy me, but they're a symptom, not the root cause. The ceiling any other faction can aspire to is exactly below the floor set by them, and more broadly, their respective factions (SMs and CSMs). Hell, in crunch it is far from a hard rule, as bonkers as Guilliman and Magnus are (and Mortarion is likely to be), they can be killed by far cheaper amounts of mooks, or else outtmuscled by Titans and other LOWs. Hell, if you count the likes of Ang'grath and Ateuos'Rau'Keres, there's already characters that can beat them. But even then, you know that will never be reflected in the fluff. The wisest and oldest and most skilled Eldar will never win a decisive, status quo-impacting victory over any non-fodder Marine Chapter, certainly not one of the big ones. A Necron Dynasty will never destroy a Chaos Legion, and if they beat them expect a retcon. Tyranids' invasion of Baal got interrupted because Khornates couldn't bear not to be in the spotlight.

Hey, that's uncalled for.

Abaddon will never reach Terra unless he masters the ways of the infil-traitor.

>Anyone else having army building woes
I've apparently decided to paint up three small space marine forces instead of one big one, I've got a 1000 point dread mob still to paint and a whole bunch of chaos stuff I haven't even assembled.

The only army I actually play is dark eldar.

That's just a speech to his troops. Dark Imperium shows he awed by the hugeness of the scale and history of this eternal war against Chaos.

>tfw your opponent leaves a pocket in his deployement zone by mistake, leaving just enough room for you to deepstrike your Trygon and Genestealers
>mfw thanks to the Swarmlords double move on the Stealers, you bubble wrap the opponents land raider so the Berserker Squad inside cant get out
>mfw the landraider is destroyed during his turn, giving the stealers the charge against the dumbfounded berserkers within

>pic unrelated

Just because you're right doesn't mean your taste isn't shit.

>Abaddon literally acting like his factions fanbase

POTTERY

>ADB
>I'm the mouth breather
Is it hard being so scared and at the same time desperate for attention you have to seek it on an anonymous board

Anyone can reach Terra. Abaddon can do it if he wanted to but his plan revolves around the Crimson Path.

Terra is open for attack by any Chaos force. The Word Eaters are uniting for a combined assault on Terra. High chances that Terra won't recover from that attack since Girlyman is busy in Ultramar and other forces of the Imperium are similarly engaged.