/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Bitches edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Vermintide 2, Doomwheel

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GDRx-F1C0
katsugames.com/doomwheel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Druchii and first for Naggaroth!

Need WFRP advice.

One of my players started as a Marine, advanced to Mate, and is now almost ready to advance to Sea Captain. He just needs a few last skills. The problem is two of them don't seem super logical, namely Speak Language (Breton, Kislevite, OR Tilean) and Trade (Shipwright).

Both of those skills are super complex and would involve many months of training at best, and years at worst. In situations like this, would you suggest swapping out the skills for others? But what if they are put in place specifically to BE difficult, thus limiting access to the more advanced career?

To be honest it can be roleplayed as "I've been picking up bits of the language here and there." Being from Florida, I can tell you that you don't have to be able to speak a language very well at all to be understood.

>Speak Language
Being on a ship, he's probably been around people speaking those languages. A week or two of dedicated study from someone who knows those langues and he's set.

>Shipwright
This could easy be just all the bits about ships and their design that you have to know in order to sail them.

Remember that every skill has three ranks to it: has the skill, +10 to the skill, and +20 to it. Having the skill doesn't make you an instant expert unless you have a godly high stat associated with it, which just means you're a natural.

As someone who just got into this setting thanks to TW:W and Vermintide, was Mannfred really more popular than Vlad? Why would GW keep Mannfred alive in AoS but get rid of Vlad?

>Why would GW keep Mannfred alive in AoS but get rid of Vlad?
Because Vlad is hideously ugly.

Yeah, but Vlad seems (to me at least, based only on what little lore I've read) to be a more interesting character instead of yet another 'evil sneaky schemer' archetype.

Not to mention, they could almost justify having some undead on the side of Sigmar - I can't imagine Vlad would necessarily have left with Nagash.

I don't think Mannfred really was, but Vlad only came back in the End Times, and before that Mannfred was the poster child of the Vampire Counts - even if Vlad was a fan favorite, it'd be like throwing out a mascot to get rid of Mannfred.

Then again, I can't say what AoS has done with him. They made Malekith a dragon man or something, it's likely he's only loosely related to the WFB version. Because GW didn't have the balls to just make up a brand new setting like they obviously wanted to.

You have to realize, pre-8th/End Times/TWW Mannfred was actually a pretty cool guy. He was clever and cunning, but not a complete backstabber like he's portrayed today. He was never really Vlad's equal, but he was the closest thing to it after Vlad died and had the most potential of eventually becoming a worthy successor. Then GW made him bald and suck donkey balls.

Look up the 'Liber Necris" for a better Mannfred.

Ah, see, I didn't know exactly how long it'd been since they released the "Vlad is kill" lore.

Ok, so it's only during the death of Vlad and near the end of the setting that Mannfred's just another duplicitous cunt? I'll look more into it, then.

Vlad and Isabella were already canonically dead when the faction was released. Old Warhammer Fantasy had a kinda loose timeline and included "historical" figures as heroes in some factions.

Mannlet is widely despised (much like Archaon), but GW either doesn't care, doesn't understand, or he's a creator's pet (like Archaon).

>it'd be like throwing out a mascot to get rid of Mannfred.

It'd be throwing out Scrappy-Doo and going back to Scooby only.

>Mannfred was actually a pretty cool guy
He also had hair back then.

Why'd they think going bald was a good look?

this plays

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GDRx-F1C0

>when you realize that Mannfred is the greatest villain of all time

Wait so Lex never writes things down?

Same reason they though turning Vlad in to a leper was a good idea.

>Doomwheel

What is the proper way to do Griffith in WHFB?

Write a book.

Do you know how to properly butcher an animal, distinguish edible berries, fruits and mushrooms from poisonous ones, make soap, make shoes and other kinds of clothing, hunt, make ale, carpentry and husbandry?
'Cause all of those were just some of the common skillsets pretty much every medieval peasant knew.

I was however talking about days in the calender that were designated holydays, not days were you could slack off if you wanted to. Pretty much every saint had their holyday IIRC meaning that every region had plenty of local and import ones to safeguard plenty of free time.
The fact that you can't work on the harvest every day doesn't mean that you could just laze around. There were plenty of other things to do around the farm.

Why would you want to? You barely have to change anything to shove him in, sure - just change the gods or whatever into a group of daemon princes, it practically already fits. But that also means that he's rather boring, because 'oh great it's Grifftith but WFB.' Unless you really want to change up the character so he's not Griffith - defeating the point of trying to include him - it's not going to be interesting.

Seeing as there are such things as trade languages I wouldn't be surprised if they were also used in all availible situations that didn't require vast amounts of shared information.

Seriously though, dwarfs have to be the worst "good guy" race that exists
>Do literally nothing but quarrel among themselves over muh grudges muh honour and petty suburban family politics
>Think themselves far superior to umgi and elgi because they can drink beer and hit rocks with hammers, meanwhile lose 99% of their territory to sub 70 IQ goblins and shit stained ratmen in a few hundred years
>Are complete petty man-children susceptible to autistic temper tantrums; will slaughter entire towns and execute every woman and child they find because some long dead city-noble failed to meet the monthly trade deal thousands of years ago, expend obscene amounts of stress and energy over "grudges" meanwhile their race is almost extinct and the world is close to being annihilated at any moment
>Never leave their holds or actually do anything of relevance other than getting btfo by goblins
>Hate "sissy" elves even though elves have done more to save the world than dwarfs ever have
>Are so utterly obsessed with money and material possession that they make jews look charitable, literally have a biological addiction to money, would sell off all kin and allies for gold, grungni is actually the fifth chaos god of kikery

What were the old ones thinking when they made dwarves?? Is that the best they could do?
>We need to build a race that can stop chaos once and for all
>Lets try midget autistic OCD tourettes hairy money grubbing man children that like burrowing in the ground! Thats a good trick!

Karl Franz dies suddenly and unexpectdly

what happens?

Unironically summon the elector counts.

>dwarfs have to be the worst "good guy" race that exists

That's humans though. They spread everywhere like the plague, routinely fall to chaos, lead to the creation of new chaos races (beastmen), job just as hard as dorfs to space fungus, and despite being so young managed to spawn the fucker that actually ended the world.

I'm sure there's some sort of asspull that tries to explain otherwise but the warhammer world would be far better off without humanity.

>KF
>dying
ASININE MORTAL

Superman obviously mind-controlled him to forget to write them down!

Vlad is more popular (he was better in every way AND actually cared for his living subjects). But it is GW we are talkign abou, they don't care about shit like fan opinion.

>lead to the creation of new chaos races (beastmen)
you can't stop us Turks from fucking our goats. Fuck off!

katsugames.com/doomwheel

ok, that looks kickass...

>actually cared for his living subjects

No ET here.

Civil war between sigmarites and ulricans happens, son of Boris Todbringer becomes emperor.

As a villain?

Former mentor one or more PCs thought died, but betrayed them for Chaos.

As a character in a story?

The villain, the story would center around your Guts, obviously.

Boris doesn't have kids - they died as part of some mysterious circumstances/plot. And even if they didn't, the legitimate heir was week and feeble, while his bastard was the good one. Neither could reasonably be the Emperor.

You'd have to choose an actual Elector, someone with experience, legitimacy, and all the good traits an Emperor needs.

It was reference to WFRP Empire in Flames campaign.

Boris Todbringer probably becomes Emperor.

The only one with close to enough economic or political pull after him is fucking Emmanuelle von Liebwitz.

Would it have been possible for Eldarion to have beaten Arkhan, bare-handed?

Like, I dunno, punching him every time he tries to get a spell off.

Do the peasants of Mousillon not pay taxes because there is no actual Duke?

They pay taxes to their lords, most of whom are total assholes, but a handful of which aren't bad. Ironically one of the vampires there makes for a good landlord because the only thing he wants is the occasional peasant to kill and drain.

Toddbringer kids died either to schemes or to beastmen. Poor lad.

Do you mean LOTR Aragorn's son, Tyrion or Aenarion i can't tell.

Sigvald.

Ah, sorry, I meant Eltharion. Got them a bit mixed up in my head. This guy.

Marius Leitdorf for Emperor.
>implying you don't want Daisy as the avermarshal

Marius is dead though. I don't want a dead man as an Emperor.

no skaven love :(

Does Sigvad have sexual relations with old men?

But user, why don't you want a forever living emperor?

Well he did eat his old man.

Sigvald wants to rape the Tzarina Katarin.

SUMMON

THE

KANGZ

welp guess we post Tomb Kings now.

Should I have gone for the Last Chance models while they were still around?

>dat pic
So that's how the Vampire Counts keep assassinating my Empire heroes with banshees.

Aight

Why that guy has a flesh-and-blood girlfriend/concubine continues to elude me. Where's she from? What does she eat? Nehekhara isn't known as the Land of the Dead for nothing.

Judging from how she seems to be breathing energy of some sort into his body, I'd imagine she's some sort of magic-attuned Arabyan girl he captured to help keep himself in peak condition. And it's not like it's impossible for them to get food.

There was a short story where a Tomb King managed to keep an Arabyan...I forget his title, but something like a scholar or an adviser. He was kept alive so that his mind would stay fully functional as he acted as the Tomb King's servant, so I suppose they must've gotten food for him somehow.

Some Tomb Kings keep living captives as members of their court.
There's a short story called 'Totentanz' about a wager between an Arabyan poet (iirc) and his undead captor.

>one of the vampires there makes for a good landlord because the only thing he wants is the occasional peasant to kill and drain

That, uh, that doesn't sound like a good landlord at all.

The lords are a lot worse. Apparently.

Well compared to the other lords you know when you have to choose between the vampire who occasionally eats a granma, or the vampire who organizes blood sports and "feasts" most people choose the former.

The "bad" Mousillonian landlords include a literal madman whose castle is a charnel house of decomposing corpses, human meat on spits, burnt furniture, and excrement. His underlings are all vicious bandits who stick to their "lord" because they basically get to live it up as long as they terrorize his peasants in his name, delivering his insane demands of the peasantry for which he may or may not kill them for disobeying.

It aint that bad. Brunner the Bounty Hunter saga shows that such places are in Empire and Border Princes aswell.

If you wanted them, yes.

Considering it's next to impossible to find any Tomb Kangz or Bretonnian models that aren't massively expensive or recasts, yes. Your best bet now is to look for different model ranges or hit up a recaster.

So any of the old guys, since Fate of Konor thread had discussion about it.

How did the campaing for Storm of Chaos look like? Is it true that Chaos was stopped at some village before Kislev?

Chaos came in second place on points, but that didn't really matter - second is first to lose, and they lost every meaningful engagement there was even with GW cheating on their behalf.

Did they really got stopped at some village?

Also did it really have any meaning to the actual Storm of Chaos?

IIRC they should have advanced no farther than Praag or maybe Erengrad.

And no, it didn't.

So the Grimgor bashing Archaon was scripted aswell?

No, GW held a vote for the final result and brought in the next runner-up on points, orcs, thinking Chaos would win. Instead orcs did, so Grimgor appeared out of nowhere, kicked Archaon in the dick (really), shouted he was the best, and left.

Thanks for the info

As someone who doesn't know much of Warhammer lore, Eltharion just looks like a poor man's Tyrion

I get where you're coming from, but that's like saying Todbringer is a poor man's Karl Franz, you know? Sometimes you don't want to be the bestest of the best, sometimes you want something with more character. Like a guy who got his eyes stabbed out and fights blind, and really hates Orcs. Or was it Dark Elves?

So I noticed this in the full vortex campaign map reveal, is that a dead Behemoth? Black Leviathans are in (and have been since TWW1), no reason other sea monsters can't appear.

>Beastmen reported losing more than any other army

No fucking shit. I forgot how screwed over beastmen were past 6th edition.

its a point of interest
exploring it gives you an event.

Archaon's Horde + Daemonic Legions + Chaos Undivided + Khorne + Slaanesh + Tzeentch + Nurgle are bigger than everyone else though.

Vlad was never more popular than Mannfred, Mannfred was set up to be THE current Vampire Boss whereas Vlad was a time-specific character who died ages ago.

Berserk fits very easily in the WHFB setting

>Band of Hawk are Bretonnian renegade group
>Griffith wants to become Royarch
>Skull Knight is a Tomb King
>Zodd/Apostles are all Daemons
>God Hand are 4 Greater Daemons/Daemon Princes. Want to be a total madman? Make them the Chaos Gods themselves (Femto = Tzeentch, Slaan = Slaanesh, Conrad = Nurgle, make Ubik buff and he can be Khorne)
>Griffith is elevated to Daemon Prince
>Neo-Band of Hawk are a Warriors of Chaos warband
>Fairy people place is Athel Loren
>Mozgus is a crazy Witch Hunter
>Kushan is Ind or Araby, the Sultan is a Daemon Prince

it all fits quite easily with minimal story changes

>Vlad was never more popular than Mannfred

Vlad has always been more popular both in and out of universe. Mannfred was liked well enough until he became a bald retard, then he garnered Archaon levels of fan dislike.

How can CA improve online multiplayer /twg/?

>All maps have 1 or more objective(s) to prevent infinite kiting, camping, hiding, running out the timer, etc.

>Reserve units that can be called in as reinforcements after the battle has begun, would help diminish the pure chance element of completely blind counter-picks.

Kislev in TWW when?

Around the time of the 3rd game probably.

>No bear cavalry

I know it isn't canon, but bear cavalry is basically symbolic of Kislev by this point due to fan canon

Hippogryph Knights worked out for Bretonnia because they sorely, sorely needed it. But Kislev actually has a lot that it can stand on its own with, and doesn't really need super heavy cavalry when it's already got pretty good light cavalry and lancers, as well as the fucking Gryphon Legion.

Will they add fleets for the third one? Man'o War is like what from 1993?. It's quite amusing how Bretonnian fleets are more modern than Imperial ones.

anybody wanna do one for Albion?