Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Make thread before work, gonna be dead before I get home Edition.

>Death Guard stuff, including cool video and some stats/abilities for Mortarion
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/03/mortarion-and-the-death-guard-next-weekend/

>Next 3 codexes, Necromunda and Chapter Approved stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

geekdad.com/2017/08/games-workshop-representation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

First for scions

>Come back on Tuesday, when we’ll be diving into some of the Stratagems, Relics and Warlord Traits that make [the death guard] army tick.
Is it Tuesday yet?

How about now?

What is the most colorful army I can possibly paint

>Stratagems, Relics and Warlord Traits
Reroll DR, Reroll DR of 1 within 7", +1 to DR within 7".

I also play scions

harlequins

Sisters a QT !

Harlequins, Orks, Noise marines and Tzee... just kididng nurgle daemons.

I'm a newfriend and want to get into TT with the Death Guard. I hope they will be fun, because I always liked their fluff.

-1 to hit, Reroll DR of 1, +1 Toughness within 7"

probably exactly this
I had a burst of inspiration once and came very close to getting like 3 SC! Scions boxes but I decided that money would be better spent elsewhere
which ended up being energy drinks, cat food and Orks. Lots of Orks.

> but I decided that money would be better spent elsewhere

Don't worry, after the scions i decided to start GSC to mix with scions and earthshaker spam, then after ordering most of the army and building 32 genestealers and a broodlord i switched to ordo malleus as my next army

The manager at my LGS wasn't amused when i traded in 4 earthshakers and 3 regimental advisor boxes that only just arrived for me for a load of grey knight stuff

what are special about admech knights?

we get cool weapon choices? dual gunz?

Are all FW toys considered WAAC tier? Because I'm not sure if I should bring my Raptor to the table.

sometimes the LGS manager guilt trips me by giving me a disappointed sigh when I hoard stuff he knows I wont use

> traded
LGS owner confirmed for cuck. Should have made your bitch ass pay. Store will be dead within 2 years.

Even if they aren't, which most of it isn't, the first thing the opponent will latch onto as an excuse for losing is the FW involvement
because bad players work like that

not all of them, but some are definitly waac tier.

Mine wouldn't do that at the moment, he has a £10k sales target this month and his shop can barely hold 2 tables, its so small

he's actually done the best growth for that store out of any other manager and has done so for like 15 or 16 months

probably would be even higher if i stopped trading stuff in :^)

if the vendetta is waac then i couldnt imagine shit tier

> S 8, T 7
> instead of S 7, T 8
Wtf GW. The canon toughest Primarch is only as tough as a fucking rhino. And a 3+ armour save? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
WHY NO 14 WOUNDS, T 8 GW?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Cool looking but sub-par weapons in a expensive sub-par material

Are all Warhammer store employees either greasy fat nerds or lanky scrawny nerds?
It's true for mine at least.

Yup. Does this... surprise (You)? Or something?..

Fire or Veloci?

da fuck is it?
geekdad.com/2017/08/games-workshop-representation/

Yes, because all the player photos in my rulebook are with chads

why do you keep posting this everyday you mong

because he wants some (you)`s and attention

Please stop posting this fucking thing

Why do you keep replying to it?

the one store we have used to be staffed with local interns
now its staffed by just the manager who is an english guy who GW must have imported, guy looks like someone you'd see drinking guinness at a bar in a crime drama

I've not replied to him once before this so you tell me

Fire

I see this first time, sorry guys

How do I make my admech doods British themed?

Because DR already makes him almost unstoppable since it basically gives him W27. Also, why the hell are you whining about your snowflake Primarch not being literally invincible? It's not a sworn right of all Space Marine players to have some broken Primarch lord of war, and we don't even know Morty's attack capabilities yet.
All the other armies make do fine without one.

Why not just dark eldar? They do the same thing, faster...

...why...do (You) keep photos of dudes in your rulebook user?
Is there something you would like to tell us?
WHY don't you take a seat.

Relictors user from a couple of threads back here. I talked myself into picking up the Calth boxed set on the way home, models per $ it was just too good to pass up, though two space marine battleforces (the old one with a normal captain, 10 tacs and a regular dread) came close to swaying me.

I figure I'm going to mix in lots of MkVII heads with the armor to make a bit less Horus Heresyish; fluffwise I can rationalise it as after they went off the reservation the Relictors snagged a bunch of old/relic gear along with some locked down Daemon stuff to keep themselves in fighting shape. Plus the Dark Apostle model will make a great body for a Relictor Captain.

I'm thinking of mixing the squads together along with other bits and pieces I have to run Vet Squads with lots of combi weapons; presumably any Relictors that have survived this long are Vets after all, I doubt they're recruiting many new ones. With them, the Contemptor and the Terminators I should have a fun little Vanguard force.

Any recommendations on Contemptor/Cataphract Terminator/Vet Squad load outs?

>get really excited for Konor
>make sure to show up for some games
>paint a squad of termies week 2
>paint rhino week 3
>lose motivation
>havent painted, assembled, or played in 3 weeks
>darkness sets in

Pls help

Names, conversions and paintjobs.

Paint robes as yuge Union Jacks

> y no 14 dat multiple of SACRED NUMBER
> only T7 dat what he was in Heresy tho
ALSO
> ass blasted xeno player detected!

What kind of British theme? Because there's a lot of ways you could go about that. Get an aegis line, convert them with pith helmets instead of sallets and hoods and go for the Zulu look, although there's already Guardsmen who do that better.

Alternatively, have a poke in the HH black books for "Albia", which is the the 30/40k equivalent of Britain, and use stuff from there. They have the usual English and Welsh names, "Power Gladius" blades you could give your Magi and apparently used to have Fallout-style dieselpunk proto-Marines and artillery crawlers, basically Dunecrawlers on some variant of tracks.
Personally I like that more than just nicking the flag and the stereotypical military tropes.

Replace hoods with them hats from Zulu. The rifles look pretty old fashioned already.

I'm assuming that Knights in general are just being rolled in to the Ad Mech codex

Take a few weeks off

Nigger 24 PL. He's more expensive in Power Level than fucking Magnus. MAGNUS THE fucking RED.

He's going to be ultra retarded powerful and Veeky Forums will be screaming for nerfs or banning character (even more than they are now) from MP because of him.

I wanted to fluff them as having a British inspired backstory. I want to do right and am having trouble figuring it out.

Also I'll need an appropriate name for my magos.

Go full cogfop, top hats, pith helmets, a lot of the heads have monocle style lenses, red and white and gold, put gatling guns and vacuum tubes on stuff.

Buy a Kharadron blimp from AoS, count it as a Marauder or something. Use m'lady cyberdwarf guy as your Dominus.

better armor
better shooty
can take bullgryns
can take earthshakers
can take underpriced tauroxes
can take scout bikes
obsec troops can deepstrike and still move + advance
look better

I just did... I haven't done anything 4k related in like 3 weeks

> thinking that 'Mortal Wounds' Magnus won't get a price and power level hike in the new TS book
Look at this dumb nigga right here

Retard

They do the opposite thing, harder

Give them burqas. Take away their guns and replace it with assault spoons.

gulliman didn't get a points hike despite being stupidly undercosted for his buffs, why would magnus

>Muh dude is only as tough as a 150 ton space tractor!! ITS NOT ENOUGH

>AOE Fight-Phase Smite that doesn't suffer DTW or PotW + Smite + -1 Toughness
Mortarion is going to be fucking retarded, nigger.

My first ever attempt at a looted Viehicle for my new orks.

Make it your last

Loljk it's gonna look great once painted

Shot of the otherside.

I've seen a lot worse.

>look better
>laughing wychs.jpg

Thanks! It's just cobbled together from scrap from my bitzbox. I have virtually no Ork bitz but when I get some I'll add some ork glyphs.

You got burned out. Sell your army and go play videogames for a few years, then try again.

>wyches
>look good

are you like a crazy person?

Some Ork Jetbikes I made (really not impressed by warbikers, but I got some second hand so I "Upgraded" them into counts as deffkopta Jetbikes).

Still WIP, need to clean mold lines.

This one is probably my favorite. I plan to drill holes in the bottom to mount them on flying stands at odd angles.

If you don't have at least one of them flying upside-down, then you is just mukkin' about.

Can't help with names since I'm utterly terrible at those, but you could always steal the Lorenz story and have them as a group of hotshot codebreakers with dangerously heretical cogitator tech. I've always liked that one. William Tutte and Thomas Flowers don't really work for Magi, though.

Is there anyone interested in selling their 8th Edition Space Marine codex? I live in Sweden so I would prefer if the shipping cost didn't raise the total price above GW. You can add me on Steam, Pepe with the dabbing Pepe as the avatar.

why not just download the codex in the OP links

epic meme bro, are you from /pol/ or reddit?

Because I want a copy that I can bring with me, no doutbt the idea of meeting people is revolting to you. Mean jokes aside, I need to be able to bring it to GW stores.

download the epub and put on your phone and just say you got it from black library

next batch. these ones are test models. Plan to have as many deffkoptas as I can.

>new guy starts playing
>been about a month
>has 1500pts
>mostly painted
>be me
>playing over 10 years
>first army isn't fully painted
>second army doesn't even have a full squad painted
>depression sets in
Fuck. I don't get it.

>playing over 10 years
>first army isn't fully painted

how the fuck don't you get it, you are a lazy cunt you can paint a tabletop standard for 2000 points in 2 days easily

Thanks my man. I really like this idea.

>he's actually into playing the game and not just using it as an excuse to play with his painted toys

Set a schedule where you paint one or two minis per week.

Not everyone plays tyranids or necrons, user.

3 colours, 2 washes, a base and a drybrush is not hard

been playing just over a year and i have 2 fully painted armies, bought my 3rd army over the last 2 weeks and will probably have them painted by the end of the month because i'm busy

Most of it is painted, but it takes me hours to paint just one dude.

That's been about my schedule, but the. I just get discouraged at how long it takes.

Yea, my dudes end up with a lot more than that, man.

What armies do you play then ?

Well, plasma is the go to. I enjoy Company Vets with Storm Shields and special weapons, tanky. If you're doing just Sternguard though you're honestly best off sticking to all Special Issue Bolters. Look into some FW stuff maybe for support things. I really like Rapier Batteries and for a ravaged squad that goes after Relics, having some of those might make sense, as they require less manpower than Devestators.

Some people don't like to squat over their army and open their bowels on it, user. Some like to take time and paint them to look amazing. Different strokes.

No?

I'm recently Ex-British army. Working at GW to do a job I want to do whilst I try to get into the police.

You working at Staines GW, user?

Nope

>but it takes me hours to paint just one dude.

same here, you just lack motivation

>Yea, my dudes end up with a lot more than that, man.

again same here, but get your army up to a basic standard then improve on them over time, the biggest painting block i find is knowing you just spent a load of time on 1 model and you have tonnes to go

Tau, Scions, GSC (dropped painting atm for GK), GK

pic related, wow they look so bad don't they :^)

We're talking about the players, not the Primaris Marines user.

harlequins or tzeentch deamons.

Fire Raptor is pretty WAAC but if it's the only dangerous thing in a tame list I doubt anyone would care. Fire Raptor backed up by multiple Stormravens and Guilliman supporting 120 Conscripts? Well it's not like the Fire Raptor was the problem to begin with.

Fkin box doing it's own thing.

But nope, not me.