/edhg/ - EDH/Commander General

"This Magical Place is Free of Ageism" Edition

Previously on /edhg/: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What is with all the female legends in Ixalan?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reki-09032017/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-08-15-WNN-reki/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's blatant pandering.

>I am not playing a fantasy game to look at grannies

Tough shit, all cards are now grannies. If you look in your binder, you'll find that all of your cards have been retroactively altered to be grannies.

In all seriousness, though, who gives a fuck? The art is actually pretty good, and just because you have some hangup about the character's age or gender it doesn't change that fact.

As I said last thread, whilst I agree that the abundance of female legends in the Pirate camp is a worrying sign of WotC's politically correct policies, looking at this card in isolation I find it hard to hate the art.

Stop promoting your discord channel as if it was ours.

>What is with all the female legends in Ixalan?

Magic trying and failing to acquire a new audience. Maybe it's working in other places but around here it's not because the super spergs at my LGS can't bathe properly and are uninviting as fuck to newcomers.

user, make a better OP.

While the last few we're hit or miss, this is terrible and shows you exactly why concept that should not be named is for complete fags.

>3 more days until magic arena

will it have support for playing commander?

What if we just paint beards on all the female legendaries? If someone gets bitchy just tell them that they're being transphobic

It was made for this general and all our welcome. You should stop by some time user.

What is your card that brings the most salt to the table you're playing with?

This one for me.

Ya blah blah blah. You weren't here for a week and now your immediately making this thread into a /pol/ shitstorm with bait questions in the OP. You could just make quality content and that would shill your server much more effectively.

>all cards are being retroactively changed to grannies
Nice strawman, it sure makes me look like I am extreme autist.

>I find it hard to hate the art
And I find it hard to like the art. Especially now that I am led to believe that it was made on the artist's whim. If he at least made her look like a crooked pirate and not jesus, I wouldn't be complaining so much.

That but Expropriate.

That's a strange way to spell Bribery

Linvala, the first one.

>this triggers the blue player

How long until people start maining sundial of the infinite as an answer to this nonsense?

>Bribery
>steal one guy's DST
>Expropriate
>"Okay guys, he'll just take one thing from each of us."
>"No, I wanna keep my commander!"
>three extra turns

You can't simply make a roblox server and put it on the OP just because you did it for this general and everyone here is welcome there.

Not only it was not a consensus to add it, but there is no use for a chat service on an already established chat service. it would only make it worse, since people would have to ask on both places for advice instead of one.

my group tends to favor token meta

so either this card or virulent plague makes me a profitable saltminer

/edhg/ minecraft server when?

>You can't simply make a roblox server and put it on the OP
Just you fucking watch me.

We play mostly casually, and I was once able to drop him turn 2 while playing my Brago deck
After that one time he's countered or destroyed as soon as he as much as try to show he's face on the battlefield

>tfw opponent casts Bribery on me
>tfw I respond with Aven Mindcensor
>tfw he doesn't hit anything and he tries to take backsies and no one allows it

>first one
I completely forgot that this thing existed, shit's about as terrible as the second Avacyn in how much of a downgrade it is.

If you make a roblox server with an automated commander simulator embedded, I would let you.

I usually just let them take shit and Crop Rotation for Homeward Path on the end phase of the guy that goes before me and say thanks for the 1 mana Blightsteel.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way though that's not how the discord started. If you change your mind feel free to stop by.

>trying to take back what you casted after someone already responded
Why do you play with mentally deficent individuals, user? Just to feel better when you inevitably win?

>trying to take backsies after answers have been revealed from hand
What kind of lowlife scum would try to rationalize this?

oh god i just discovered this card for my omnath locus of rage deck

basically free landfall triggers

Basically a trillion missed land drops. Hope you lucksack into Burgeoning every game.

These cards in particular cause people to get super buttmad at my LGS

Are you somehow implying that i'm dropping that on turn 1 and that i'm not going to ramp like a madwoman?

You use that land to trigger omnath and other landfall shit every turn

Would Syphon Mind, or other cards that affect all players/opponents' hands or graveyards, work on someone that casted Teferi's Protection?
As far as I know the rules it should, since it doesn't target that player or affect his phased out permanents, but I'm not sure

>Vexing Susher
>Avenger of Zendikar
>they trigger some people

Don't bait

>shit's about as terrible as the second Avacyn in how much of a downgrade it is.
Woah let's not go that far, could be decent in a flicker deck at least.

>that thread question
Nigga don't you bring that retarded bullshit into here as well.

what's wrong with it? Legit question.

Nah m8 Vexing Shusher can trigger the absolute fuck out of blue players since I can make all of their counter spells useless. I've allowed others to combo off since I wasn't going to win and stopped every blue player from trying to counter them. Their tears could fill a river.

I was merely answering the casual player thinking that you start with that land on turn 1 and be behind every landdrop, when in reality you shouldn't start with that on your hand and leave it for later

if you have burgeoning in your deck it's a sure way to tell that someone is a casual player.

Real blue players aren't allowed to be triggered, they ARE the trigger

That's not what he was referring to dingus

What would that do?

No it's not, but I'll indulge you.

>Discord server everyone but 5 people hate
>Blatant bait question for endless shitposting
>Blatant bait edition to promote cross pollination

A good OP would be like ”Plunder the unguarded booty edition" with a question like "How do you steal people's things? What's your favorite way to protect your things from being stolen?"

>makes 3/3 angel tokens instead of the normal 4/4s
Why tho?

What's a good anti-blue control/anti-mill commander? If at all possible on a budget? Have some in mind but my deckbuilding skills are very lacking

Not really salt, but Niv-Mizzet. My friend is the only guy at our table playing combo, so when he is ready to cast it, everyone holds mana for answers.

>taking backsies after spending mana
>taking backsies after answers were revealed
>taking backsies after he checked the deck and saw that it wouldn't hit anything
This is the next level of backsies.

Also, what are the policy on backsies on your groups? No backsies no matter what? Situational? In mine, we let people who reveals a card that he wants to cast to go back as long as he:
>didn't tap his mana yet
>was quick about it
>no one showed any intention of answering his spell

>it's wrong because i don't like it

do you get mad at people playing vexing crusher?

>(you)
You know exactly why it's wrong.

My friends used to do this when they first started playing.
>well if I knew you were going to do X, I wouldn't have done Y!

>this answer
Discordfags, everyone.

>What's a good anti-blue control/anti-mill commander?

play only blue hate

It's wrong because you don't like it. Every thread that the discord is in the OP you post OP is a fag picture and bitch about how it is low effort. The common denominator is you.

a 5/5 flier and 4/4 flier on turn 6 is MUCH worse than just an extra 3/3 flier in limited. A 3/3 flier has many more answers than, like the 2/4 spider

Stop being such a cuntbag and accept some criticism

Ignore baitpost

So i should be going for a Gruul commander then, but i have no previous experience with those colors, who would be ideal for blue hate?

Isn't that more of a green hate card?

>started playing
As long as they know that X was even possible, it's fair game.

So with Vela should I just focus on shitting out tokens and then bouncing them or focus on ninja shit? Or a mix of both?

*than a 4/4
Burn works and the surge sphinx works too, for example.

go full ninjas

>Isn't that more of a green hate card?

blue players tend to hold on to their mana in order to cast counterspells or cyclonic rift

Play Ruric

Found an unsold c16 breya the other day. Any suggestions for upgrades?

(Also found yidrisle or whatever but I already took it apart)

>No it's not
Easy there, I was saying my question of asking what was wrong was a legit question and not just bait.

I've never been to the discord server, but you don't speak for everyone.

Yes, this thread question was retarded, but when had that ever mattered? Who even pays attention to the thread question?

Ruric Thar, master of "Stop hitting yourself".

He looks cool, i'll try him, thanks. Where can i check all blue-hate cards?

Not that guy, but what were you trying to imply? Your post seemed a bit dumb.

Ashnod's Altar, Krark's Ironworks, Rings of Brightheart, Basalt Monolith, Anointed Procession, Eldrazi Displacer

Nothing because it doesn't stop Teferi's Protection from happening.

>fuck blue in particular

It just triggers me that I can't use my pile of 4/4 angel tokens from various sets.

My I've triggered when I couldn't use my 3/3 beast tokens for rampaging baloths too.

Well it would, if activated in response to its casting. But that's typically a moot point since it likely also stops whatever prompted it to be cast initially

A good chunk of the red stuff here, then look up all the 4 CMC "blow up all islands" LD, the uncounterable dudes that make your dudes uncounterable, things like Carpet of Flowers and Nature's Wrath.

>Quicksilver Fountain

*my ocd

>fuck everyone in particular then

>"I cast Wrath of God"
>"I cast Teferi's Protection"
>"S-sundial"

Wrath still doesn't hit the player who casted Teferi's Protections stuff user. That's the topic here. It's not a counter it just ends the turn essentially doing nothing.

...he just said that.

Both Wrath of God and Teferi's get exiled from the game

>you don't speak for everyone
Not him, but this is why no one can simply add the discord to the OP on their whim.

>/pol/-tier passive aggressive fit in thread Q
>has a discord in the resources

If you were ever wondering if these posters were pure cancer, I guess here's your answer.

Just counter it and then proceed to High tide to win

Yeah, counter the general of the "fuck blue" deck.

Just about finished with Titania. I have the shell in place and I have a few flex slots.

Does anyone have any decent combos, creatures or especially spicy tech for her? Currently feeling proud of including Food Chain.

That's three creatures in your whole deck versus the blue player's assortment of of up to 15 different counterspells. And the blue player has better card draw.

>what is creature tutoring

fuck you discords for /general/ threads are cancer.

Take 2 with fixed link and new thread. Guys, so for most people, the removal of the Planeswalker Uniqueness rule doesn't mean much, but as someone who has had a Reki, the History of Kamigawa deck for the last two years as their favorite deck, I am probably gonna have to mix things up.

I put an order in for a bunch of monogreen walkers and Ugin. (Karn was too expensive and I did skip bad Nissa, but more or less all the rest). And my friend gifted me a Doubling Season for my birthday. Since all walkers cantrip with Reki out, I feel I should add some.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reki-09032017/

This is the current list. A lot of the bad cards are there for spiritcraft purposes, which I might have to get over and cut, but are there any other cuts you guys think would be good for more walkers+seasons? Honestly, any advice in general would be nice.

Not as plentiful as blue's card draw and instant/sorcery tutoring.

Thanks for mentioning this. I had a cancerous reki deck for a while, and I didn't think about how much easier it is now to achieve 40+storm with reki with the addition of 5 more okay legendaries.

I understand completely. They should've used some other creature type. Angel is like Goblin or Zombie, they shouldn't fuck with its size.

Leyline of lifeforce is another, provides tou dont run counterspells yourself

Yeah, it was weird discovering that Reki can actually be built in a real competitive way. It makes sense in hindsight and even with this casual list, I frequently cast many spells if I land the right cards.

You don't have enough counters for the billion hate enchantments, island hate in general and unconuterable jank.Hell, I even run Thorn of Amethyst and Lodestone Golem to make blue babs miserable. Winter Orb and its ilk help too.

At that point you might as well play stax.

(me)

Why are you not including paradox engine and alhammaret's archive?

Here's the last version of the deck I had. It was explosive as fuck, and the legendary artifacts in Kaldesh would have only made it more so.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-08-15-WNN-reki/
If you want to make your deck better, drop the spirit junk and include more abilities to produce mana, draw cards, or cheat on spell casting.

Cards that should probably be included no matter what:

Alhammaret's Archive
Paradox Engine
Planar Bridge

More situational goodies:

Aetherwork's Marvel
Gonti's Aether Heart

You can drop the vehicles to make room for them. Vehicles suck.

It ended up as some weird punisher/stax deck where doing things is hard and painful for everyone. The only costly thing besides Ruric is Decree of Annihilation so I can cycle it.