XLN Spoilers

YOU DIE NOW!

into 2

Deadeye Whatever 3U

Creature - Human Pirate

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an Equipment or a Vehicle card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.

2/2

Why the fuck is this blue????

That seems pretty nice. Biggest issue is that 4 mana means it won't be generating quite as much value as quickly though. Granted, in Merfolk colors, that probably isnt an issue

Blue gets Artifact , the same way White gets them for Enchantments and Green gets them for Creatures.

*Artifact tutors

2/10 would not play this in EDH decks

>charge counters

There has to be an efficient way to abuse this. I just need to think harder.

Cool idea but seems underpowered.

>another woman
17 males in pirate cards vs 14 females in pirate cards

primal wellspring into second sun?

Wouldn't work, since the copy wouldn't do anything other than gain you 7 life.

Copies aren't cast unless it specifically says so.
That's pretty spicy.

Ah, that makes sense

You need to find a better hobby.

So maybe we do get a burn deck out of this set

Neat. This'll solve some issues in my Mizzix AND Locust God!

I qas afraud these transformers were gonna be like this. I guess the flavor is the artifact is tied to that magic place but its just meh. Treasure Map worked easily but I dont know how they can fill out that many transformers and have the flavor as spot on as ALL of innistrad's with the premise they limited themselves to fof Ixalan

Hey, I'm just counting, a lot of anons claimed there were more females than males, so far is not true.

What's the plan? Put in Burn spells and that Cascade Enchantment and just go for huge value with all of the high-cost burn spells we've been getting lately?

I don't feel like itll be fast enough

white has historically been the color that most cares about equipment though..
it would have been more blue to just say " any artefact"

>this level of entitlement over beign white
/pol/ is that way

It's probably Equipment and Vehicles specifically to both fit with the Pirate themes and to make it slightly cheaper, potentially.

It's more narrow than what Blue usually does, but it's still certainly something Blue can do.

Simic

upboated, my friend

It might not be a great deck, vut I'm sure it would be fun. Probably play it grixis with black being a splash for Torment of Hailfire.

>17/14 = 1.2
The male for female ratio is still higher than real life

the dinosaur to pirate ratio is also a lot higher than in real life

Pretty nice that it's a 3/3 at least. Could be a nice draw engine if there are enough ways to toss out +1/+1 counters. Certainly good in limited where it'll provide more power or carss to break stalemates.

I dunno man. How would you feel about a green ncard that searched an angel? It'd be weird, right? But green can do it. Can search creature. It's a subset within that.

Oh hi.

Yeah, the idea does seem neat. I feel like I would want to go for U to get some more instant/sorcery support and turn it into a somewhat more control style deck, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

BOLT REPRINT!

Just kidding...

That's the idea. I also feel like the meta might be a LOT slower after rotation. Temur (4C) Energy might be the fastest deck actually. I guess that depends on how Ramunap Red and Mardu look after rotation.

I kinda wish this was searing spear instead but fine.

Makes perfect sense to me. Bant has Angels in droves, and the Innistrad angels are basically all falling under WG now after the whole Eldrazi thing.

Because that's the thing you have to consider. That a Green card that searched for Angels would probably only show up in a case where Green and White were thematically linked by them, just like how this Blue pirate is thematically linked by all the boats they sail in that are vehicles along with all the sabers and cannons they might be getting.

Yeah, if you printes this card on say, Zendikar where there are no vehicles and Kor have a heavy Equipment subtheme, it'd be weird, but because we're not there, it isn't, get it?

My extra turns are gonna be spicy

At least it isn't Open Fire

We'd never get a straight up bolt reprint, this is fantastic.
Only bad thing is if its as rare as Abrade.

maybe 2 spicy

Pirates have no apparent theme for equipment or vehicles in this set so far. The Legion has as many vehicles revealed so far iirc.
>Makes perfect sense to me
Oh grow up. What about Vampires? Zombies? Sphinxes? I'm not butthurt about this but don't pretend like this isn't a weird thing.

ya got me/10

checked
your numbers are spicy

more burn deck proofs?

>I'm not butthurt about this

Could have fooled me

>8 mana wrath on a stick that only works if you hardcast it.

>Another non-sexy woman

This is the relevant point.

I have no idea what kind of incompetent idiot puts in so many female characters and fails to make a single one of them erotic.

At least it's probably gonna be a one-sided Wrath, but it still feels like by that point a Dinosaur deck should have won already.

To clarify, I'm not upset they gave the vehicle or equipment tutor to blue, I get the logic but can acknowledge that it's a weird choice. What I AM butthurt about is some contrarian ass bullshit like "Yeah duh an angel tutor green is the obvious place to put it it makes perfect sense hurr hurr" just to try and trivialize my point.

AND WERE BACK BABY YEEAAA

>Pirates have no apparent theme for equipment or vehicles in this set so far.
both the pirates and the vampires are vehicle based. blue/white seems to be where vehicle synnergies exist and blue/black seems to be artifacts matters.

i'm sure we will get a pirate hook or sword equipment.

>Garbage shit tier bolt replacement is considered so strong it has to be in an uncommon slot now

I hate what Magic has become.

I'd rather wipe all creatures repeatedly, but whatever...

You laugh, but I'd take a lightning strike any day of the week over not having one.

why do you need sexy cartoon women when you can just have sex with your hot girlfriend user?

delete this

Maybe you should get a less trivial point then?

Wow fucking zinger you got me brb killing myself now

>seven mana: draw a card

Wow.

Bolt being reprinted in M11 was massive mistake and they all knew it.

Bolt isn't a "fair" card, but its unfairness is very hard to recognize since its just damage

it will never, ever be in standard again, and the last time it was in standard was 7 years ago

you don't play limited do you

Shut your entitled fucking mouth. Bolt has warped every single format it is legal in every time it shows up. It is a card so strong that they can print a card that is quite literally half as good as it and it will still be strong.

Cuz my GF be all sore after I smashed her pusspuss like a champ, obv.

Hey, you're the one ragging on about how weird it is that the artifact color got slightly more specific artifact support for once.

A. it's a 3/3
B. it can put counters on things
C. the card draw is repeatable
D. there are lots of other cards that naturally get counters

I didn't "rag on" anything. I said "Hey, just saying it's weird blue gets to search for buffs and tools which is usually what white does and it'd be just as weird if green got a tutor just for zombies or something". I wasn't crying over it, just acknowledging it's odd. They draw even thinner lines between colors than that all the time.

>Bolt has warped every single format it is legal in every time it shows up

It's not warping a format you dumb shit, it's SHAPING the format. Bolt in the format tells everyone that small creatures will be utterly trivial to kill for red. As it should be. That is literally how things should always be. A small creature against a red deck should have an average lifespan of 0.5 turns.

blue creatures draw for artifacts, and have done so for a very long time.

I'm happy to see WotC is no longer afraid of printing monocolored cards with more than 2 colored mana in their cost
This won't see any serious play, but it's good enough for FNM level

please, even professionals admit that Bolt is an overpowered spell that should have remained in legacy/vintage.

it getting printed in M11 and then a few years later Modern encapsulating it in the format because of this was a massive mistake.

it is called the 10th power for a reason, while it isn't as strong as the power 9, its close.

are you dense, the pirates are literally a faction of ragtag refugees. Why wouldn't there be women. These pirates have nothing to do with historical pirates besides their means of earning a living

And yet here you are, still getting mad about it.

FUCKING FINALLY
>uncommon
DAMN IT

>completely invalidating the majority of 3 CMC or less creatures for one mana is not format-warping

Go look at RtR Pro Tours and see what the fuck happened when they did it last time

bolt being a 1 mana, 3 damage to creature is meaningless, its only the strongest burn spell because it hits face and creatures at instant speed.

its eternally the strongest utility card there is in modern for a reason, it was never meant for that format, having access to a "power" card (10th power) in a format with no other Power 9 is.. its very telling.

But user in order for Lightning Strike to be half as good it would need to cost RR :^)

I mean, the same can usually be accomplished by Magma spray or the like. Toughness 3 isn't exactly what I'd call small a lot of the time either.

I do think Red getting more cheap burn is a good thing, but not all of it also has to be instant speed and able to hit face.

>/pol/tards jerk off to their magic cards and then shuffle their cards without washing their hands and then touch your cards without washing their hands and they do this on purpose because they know that another nerd touching minute amounts of their semen on a playing card is the closest they will ever get to sexual contact with another human being

user pls. This thread is for Magic spoilers.

This is the best thing to be revealed for me.

I'm laughing a lot harder at this than I should be. Thanks, user.

It's weird they gave the tutor a setting specific name. That seems like a very reprintable card.

Why does GU aggro look like it has much better potential this upcoming standard over BR, GRW, or RUG?

>Toughness 3 isn't exactly what I'd call small a lot of the time either.

Most two-drops have that these days.

And you're basing this on... what cards exactly? There's like two good merfolk, MAYBE 3 if you count Kopala, and I'm not sure how good any of that will be in standard, especially since I'm counting Secret Streams which really needs the right support. I hope that gold card wasnt an indicator for you.

All GU options would just slot into the current Temur Energy lists. That's if they show anything better in GU which i'm not seeing.

Ok 3/4 as good.

Because WotC associates red aggro with burn and other types of cancerous, non-interactive forms of aggro, therefore they're overly cautious with any sort of red aggro cards.

This means red is the color of worse removal than white or black, worse combat tricks than white and green and worse creatures than pretty much every color at any cost. All red does is provide very specific utility.

Ramunap cancer is barely losing anything, and now they're buffing the deck with this
Be prepared for another pro-tour with 6 monored decks in the top 8
For real, red has all the cheap removal it needs. This reprint is bad for the format.

Doesn't the cascade enchantment combo really well with pick related?

or dose the cascading all resolve before the ETB triggers?

Counting from Battle from Zendikar, there are a grand total of 30 2 drops with 3 toughness. Most of them have 1 or less power, and those that don't are either legendary or come with some other drawback.

So yes, I would say that the 2 drop creatures whose p/t is specifically weighted to make them defensive and not as fragile as other small creatures.

For comparison, this is also 30 creatures out of 212 two-drops, and can be compared to the 207 creatures with toughness 3 that are 3 cmc or above.

So no, as a whole, I would not classify 3 toughness as 'small', as it only shows up on cheap creatures when theyre supposed to be overly durable.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Which Cascade enchantment (there are 3) and what does an enchantment have to do with returning an instant or sorcery?

This, if you're going to depict women, at least have their tits hanging out.

Simic (maybe bug or bant idk) is going to be quite good this set.

I keep wanting to use this in a miracle deck with pic related (and other miracles obviously). I just don't know if it will work fast/consistent enough.

Anyone else tried?

It's the Sunbird Invocation one. Essentially gives spells you cast Cascade