media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
Share some stories of the most successful adventuring party that you've been a part of.

I'm about to start a game and the party is currently Monk, Cleric (Tempest) and Paladin. What would be a good class to take to balance the party out? Everybody else is pretty much exclusively a melee hitter.

Unfortunately none of my games ever got past level 5 because the DM kept restarting the campaign because he didn't like his setting.

Wizard or Bard for control/buffing

You could potentially be a twin-haste bot and play sorc, but why waste time?

Your are a level 4 party of four people. How do you handle this situation?

what's the classes of the party? alternatively, don't go down the rape tunnel.

Good spells for a Theurgy Wizard of the Life Domain? Going for mostly support and healing. Starting at level 5.

Is there an UA coming out today?

Roper is a large creature, if it downsizes itself to stand in a 5x5 square it attacks with disadvantage and it is attack with advantage.

Easy peasy.

a game I'm running has 3 warlock aasimar in it.
they all picked independently and just happened to get the same thing.

first is a warlock of the undying protector
second is a warlock of the celestial scourge
and the last is a warlock of the great old one fallen

the first was born on mt Celestia, the second was a virgin birth and the third came from a house of celestial that had forgotten their heritage and thought they were human.

are there any cool things I can do with this. throw me some ideas.

If a character accidentally attunes to two Berserker weapons, what does it mean for the disadvantage rolls?

>their patrons all hate each other and actively demand that their warlocks fight to the death
>do a legit planescape campaign

I'm writing a adventure that the characters wake up without any memories of their past, I'll random sort 1 memory for each of them up in the start, I just created 3 memories so far, could you guys give some tips for the other 3?

1 - "You're evil and you're trying to set free the Vampire Lord that was imprisioned here, for that you must bring these 5 adventurer's alive to the Vampire Chamber and use them has a sacrifice to break the seal that imprision the vampire here"

2 - "You wake up with only one memory of your past, before you guys past out you figured out that someone here is evil and is trying to do something against the rest of you"

3 - "You wake up with only one memory of your past, you're here to defeat a Vampire Lord that is trying to get free of its prison".

Need 3 more.

You want to make sure all these memories intertwine, so that the party stays together. Here are some ideas:
- "You wake up with only one memory of your past, you're here to seal the Vampire Lord permanently, though it will require the sacrifice of 3 souls.

- "You wake without memory of your past, but this place seems strangely familiar to you. You seem to know how to navigate this place.

- "You wake up, with the only thing you remember is that you were a Monster Hunter.

Thanks user.

What's the best way to do a Dwarven Bard (with axe and bagpipes)?

How has this general's existence changed your life?

Well dwarves get battleaxe proficiency for free don't they?
So... Make a dwarf bard. Pick bagpipes for one of your instruments...
Otherwise it all depends how you wanna play it, I guess. Mountain Dwarf'll get you free medium armor if you wanna go Lore Bard without bad AC, or you can go Hill Dwarf Valor Bard....

I need a couple ideas to throw to my DM on why the Tabaxi are fleeing Maztica to the Sword Coast, any ideas?

Well you take a dwarf, make him a bard, give him an axe and some bagpipes and done.

"You wake up with only one memory of your past, your Vampire Lord asked for you to bring 5 sacrifices for him, if you brink less than 5, you're becoming a sacrifice too"

Cool, that would be good for the evil character, however I want only one evil character at this one shot.

Oh shit, my bad, didn't read the first one correctly

I haven't had much experience with the new colleges, are they any good? And what about multiclassing, eg. Cleric 1/Bard X for the armor?

what's the best primal path for a barbarian?

Totem (bear) is pretty damn good, and Storm Herald is nice if you want something different.

Berserker sucks.

I go home and be a family man.

Player asked me if he can change one of the aspects of his backstory that his mom who was dead this whole time is actually alive and well and she is now secretly plotting the take over of a coastal region of cities.

I mean, yeah it's their character but I feel like something like THAT should be something the DM should govern, right? I mean it's no different from the player deciding the Black Spider turns out to be their long lost dad midway in.

Anyone can plot, it depends whether or not she has a chance in hell of succeeding.

>use 5etools reference
>Geas can be used by Arcane Trickster

Am I missing something?

I don't know them well either.

But going by multiclassing rules, I don't think you gain heavy armor proficiency from going Cleric.
You can get it at 3rd level as a valor bard, or for free by being a Mountain Dwarf, so it's not really a thing you need to multiclass or dive into feats to gain.

How would I best go about playing a Pyromancer in vein of the dark souls style? (Medium/light armor, axe + shield, blasting magic)

I'd love to sling spells but I don't like the idea of just sitting in back being artillery the whole fight. I'd like to contribute frontlines and have stuff to do outside of burning spell slots.

Why are there so few D&D computer games now?

Eldritch Knight?

Depends on how the table rolls it. My players in my table for example loves a mystery to their backstories for them to solve so while they give me a basic idea of their characters, they trust me I can spruce something about what happened to their missing father, or the real truth about the incident x years ago, etc. as I tie it to the campaign. That said, it's a dangerous game cause sometimes you might go full retard with the twists that it might annoy the players but I play safe with the mysteries and give satisfying conclusions for them. I guess it's about trust and I've played with my table for years enough that we have a PC and GM trust.

That reference puts any wizard enchantment spells on the arcane trickster list, even if above 4th level.

Pretty dumb.

Pyromancer sorcerer (from one if the planeshifts) or light cleric. If the former, consider mountain dwarf for medium armor proficience.

You didn't set specific party comp so i'm picking my own.

Battle Master Archer, any sensible Warlock and the rest don't matter.

Roper is a large creature so its squeezing inside a 5x5 hallway, its got disadvantage and moves half speed. Slowly walk backwards shooting it with arrows and Eldritch Blast with advantage until it dies.

Miniature Roper

Your move user.

>lowly walk backwards shooting it with arrows and Eldritch Blast with advantage until it dies.
How? There's a sharp turn, and roper is obviously not going anywhere.

4 druids
wildshape into 4 diminutive spiders
skitter beyond tunnel

Any ideas for what to add to Cragmaw Castle to make it more difficult/interesting for a 5 person party of level 3 characters?

I was thinking maybe something like a hobgoblin revolt, or more captured monsters, or just more traps

Add a shady political envoy that happens to visit at the same time as the characters and tie them in somewhere.

>Every race gets a free feat at Creation
>Human gets +2/+1 to any stats, human determination, and 2 free skill proficiencies
Bad idea, or workable?

>human determination
???

It's a UA racial feat.

because the genre was dead until DivOS and PoE revived it.
With Obsidian, and all their teams (~170 people) are busy with projects, so they actually have to reject offers.

Feargus still says he keeps in contact with Wizards of the Coast though, so who knows. Maybe a D&D 5E game might happen, just not anytime soon.

One of my players wants to play a minotaur, any ideas for how they can fit into a standard fantasy world?

Are you giving them that feat on top of the feat every other race gets? If not then you're shafting humans.

I like it

Pretty sure they get Human Determination on top of the free feat.

Depends on how minotaurs as a race exist in your game in the first place.

do humans get an extra feat on top of determination? do they get the ASI with human determination? if yes to all of these, humans can potentially get +2/+3 or +2/+1/+1/+1 which is nuts

No. Make humans stand out as the vanilla variant human does.

Aren't you the one posing the idea?

>Humans get +2/+1, human determination and an extra feat, also 2 skills
I think isn't that bad. Basically Humans get +2/+1/+1 and advantage to 1 roll per short rest and 2 skills. That's better than default human by far.

>stand out
you mean completely fucking boring

Nope.

If you want to play Fafhrd, the Brobarian whose best friend is The Gray Mouser (i.e. a Rogue, and specifically but not by necessity an Arcane Trickster), then you play a Wolf Totem Barbarian. Rogues love Wolf Barbarians.

>I'd love to sling spells but I don't like the idea of just sitting in back being artillery the whole fight.
Sorry dude, you pretty much have to pick one thing to be the way you contribute to combat. Spells or hitting. Pick if you want a little bit of magic to accent your hitting, pick a Bladesinger if you want a little hitting to accent your magic, but you WILL end up with one of those things as your primary role. It's just the way the game works. Try to hybridise and you just end up mediocre at two things at the same time.

No it isn't if you're locked in to one feat and only get that one feat.
That's essentially locking you into human determination for 1 ASI and a skill. I'd rather have feat freedom than +1 ASI and a skill.

Dude, you get also another feat like every other race, can't you read?

The way it reads it could be that every race except human gets a free feat, being that human is the only race that gets a free feat to begin with and most people who adjust human do it because they think "it's too good".

Christ what an ugly picture.

>The way it reads it could be that every race except human gets a free feat
Only if you assume humans aren't a race, because it clearly says "every race gets a free feat at char gen"

But lets play it your way, if humans are stuck with human determination only, yes, is crap. If they have human determination and another feat like everybody else, is ok for me.

>human determination
-_- ?

Human Determination
Prerequisite: Human
You are filled with a determination that can
draw the unreachable within your reach. You
gain the following benefits:
• Increase one ability score of your choice by 1,
to a maximum of 20.
• When you make an attack roll, an ability check,
or a saving throw, you can do so with
advantage. Once you use this ability, you can’t
use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

>filled with a determination

Yep, definitely -_-

There's a tabletop con happening locally, but the only tables left are for tiers 2 and up.

Is it really in super bad taste to roll up a character that's level whatever, so I can play, or do they have to organically be level 5+?

>reddit spacing
>-_-
kys you're self

>"-_-"
>reddit spacing

No - there's a thing called historical context, wherein everybody and their cousin only ever means to nerf humans in their games.

Humans suck if they only get HD. They're better than most races (which is the case normally) if they get both.

It only ever comes out on Monday. If it cannot be released on a Monday due to a holiday, it comes out next monday.

Can someone explain this newfag meme?

What's the difference between reddit spacing and just making a new paragraph?

I don't know what reddit spacing is, but I do know that those two guys are faggots.

What holiday is today?

Played my first ever session on Saturday with a load of close friends (we've all known each other over 10 years and play 40k together weekly for over 4 years). How do I go about making them engage with each other more? I play a pretty stereotypical barbarian ex raider type who has high charisma from intimidating people but is unintelligent so I keep refraining from making suggestions in character like "let's search the dead" or "I think we should track down the rest of the goblins". When I persuaded one of the characters to go searching and the DM said I'd completely convinced him and he was happy, he threw a strop.

Also they just vote out of character what we do rather than as their character would do, and when I make suggestions based on my character they just veto it unless I act out then don't do anything to stop me.

Several clerics domains give it as a first level feature, so, yes, you absolutely can get it from multi-classing cleric.

Labor day.

> it's my spirit brother

After about the 4th time of him doing that and switching from pathfinder to dnd 3.5 and back and forth, I've stopped humoring him and responding.

Gosh, such an awful art

user who was musing about classes being able to crib class features here, I was thinking of giving hexblade a go. Should this be written as a class or archetype?

Shoot it with bows while backing up.
This foils 90% of single monster encounters, by the way.

Better idea: remove humans.

>furfag special snowflake has such a hardon for dragonborn and tieflings that he hates humans
what's it like being a degenerate?

anyone know of some cool aarakocra / bird people minis?

>practices reddit spacing
>"I don't know what reddit spacing is"
(you)

Neither exists in my current setting and I've never had someone play one in any of my games, either when I'm DMing or when I'm a player. I just don't have those kinds of friends.

I don't practice anything? I'm just typing normally? But whatever gets your rocks off man.

Is there a Binder equivalent for 5e? If not, any homebrew?

What do you think about college of swords bards?

I feel like it's not very bardic.

Technically, Warlock.

I'd kill a motherfucker for a real 5e Binder though.

It means they can use scrolls above forth level.

I'd kill a motherfucker to mount that qt

You cheeky fucker!

I can't think of why you would want to take dual wielding instead of duelist.
And yeah, it feels like you would be more prone to using your bardic inspiration for yourself than for you team...

They already did that one in an UA.

>playing as a supporty warlock
>crowd control with repelling blast, use pact magic and invocations for out of combat stuff, and some heals from life cleric dip
>not optimal, but fun
>dm has a houserule that short rests are 15 minutes
>not sure why but I won't argue, this gives me a nice buff
>dm also decides to houserule that concentration on buffs shifts from the caster to the recipient of a buff in the middle of the campaign
>wat
>invisibility is a concentration spell with 1 hour duration
>turn 2 people invisible, chill for 15 minutes, repeat again so the whole party has invisibility for 30 minutes to 1 hour
>and we're still level 6, we haven't even gotten to the better buffs in the game
>explain to the dm that these two houserules together make my character extremely abusable
>he's okay with it

I'm not sure I get it, are you rolling for PC interaction?

About voting OOC, I think your group has reached a consensus to not really put an effort in RP, so trying to do it regardless will only bring suffering. The best option right now is probably to go with the grain and hope it gets better with time.

Lastly, I'd prefer someone acting against their stats (which even if it did matter, you aren't doing it, as CHA is the stat for social interaction) and playing an actual character rather than a boring barely-there "me be dumb barbarian" stereotype.

Take it. Honestly, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

>rolling Persuasion against other players

kill thyself and your dm

Flaming Sphere
Done.